Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed (36410 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by arthurwillia(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Probably a Neurology problem
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by bigbossila: 12:45am On Nov 15, 2021
bro, your problem is almost exactly like mine. I used to be a gentle talker THAN, compose. But now, am avoiding people because of this problem. now I talk too fast, loud with spit....no matter how i try to control myself, I just couldn't....
I think is from the brain....
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Federalofficia(m): 2:29am On Nov 15, 2021
Aboruboye oooo baba e jor kini ohun ebo kini ohun etutu ki client me le ma ke bi eye ibaaka pada ko le ko korin bi eye oloburo
Amotolongbo:

Probably you have misyarn to someone in your area.
The person might have possibly use duck (pepeye) and pig (elede) to swear for you;
“Alahun ifoun ni ti pepeye
Oro hun hun hun, inu elede lo n gbe”.

I will advise that you deep the leg of house into it (“e ti ese ile bo”) sir
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Nyenatetan(m): 2:32am On Nov 15, 2021
Always eat garlic it'll save you from unnecessary saliva
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 15, 2021
LordReed:

If you can get a fMRI scan on your brain done ASAP, you may be experiencing some sort of neurological defect. Better to be sure its nothing than to have something serious happening and not know.

Exactly! Please @ Risingsun127, follow this poster's advice. You need to see a brain doctor please. Get an MRI scan as soon as possible.
Also, don't do this on your own. Get your family involved. You'll need their support

2 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 15, 2021
agnes7:

Are you sure you are a talkative because you would have been forming topics and speaking much on Nairaland.

But this is your first topic in Nairaland and you say you are a talkative?

You don't have as much post here compared to other people who registered the same day with you.

Also maybe you have talked all the talk that you were supposed to talk in this life that is why you are having difficulties talking. grin grin.

Don't mind me.God does not measure to us the amount of talk we must talk in this life.

But we must be careful how we talk.

You will get better by prayer.Just pray.

For God's sake!!! The ignorance in this country is too much. How can anyone in the internet age still believe in superstitions and unfounded beliefs?

Google is there on your phone! Try to make research and read!!!
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 15, 2021
Mikeeytools:
Learn to keep shut.
You first!
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2021
rosamaris:

I'm thinking too much cramming could also be the cause of the problem except the gathering of spit in the mouth. I used to be like you. I never fail any examination because I do a lot of cramming every subject right from primary thru tertiary With that I get excellent and outstanding results almost all the time. But as I was growing older, I suddenly discovered that I could no longer express myself if I want to say something. Till today, I will be looking for the rights words to use even though within me I know what I want to say. I find myself always stammering trying to search for the right word. I feel so ashamed of myself that I can't join any form of conversation. Infact that's the reason I restrict myself from making posts anywhere be it Facebook or anywhere. I know it's a huge problem for me, but what can I do? I feel empty inside me.

I'm sorry you're in pain. I think you have some kind of trauma.
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by muheeb01(m): 8:24am On Nov 15, 2021
kingsman66:

Pls bro I need ur help, I need this herbs I hardly eat. Small food am done and is making me slim
check my signature pls,can't drop my number here
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by REALretep(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2021
Risingsun127:
Good day people.. sorry for the long story embarassed
I’m in my early 20s
Please I need help .. I noticed this problem in 2017.. I’ve always been a fluent talker.. I can talk without getting tired ,people referred to me as a talkative with sharp mouth ..
Infact when I was little my family even advised me to study law because they saw how vocal and active I was .. But since 2017 till presently my mouth is always feeling heavy.. Whenever I talk my mouth will be gathering spit.. I’m always swallowing spit and most times I chock on my saliva .. I find it difficult to speak cause I’ll just be blabbing and stuttering.. It’s as if my Brain is clogged. There was even a time I couldn’t speak out.. words will be in my mind but to say it out will be so difficult..

I don’t know if it’s because we moved into this environment.. Could it be spiritual problem from this environment I moved into in 2016 or someone is on my case??

Because of the spit issue .. I went to a doctor who told me my issue was worm. I’ve been deworming on a steady still yet I can’t communicate with people effectively.. I’ll just be looking dumb when with my friends meanwhile I’ve lots of things to say in my mind!!
If I say let me open my mouth and talk I’ll just be stuttering and stammering and it has affected my self confidence massively.
Please I need help .. What could’ve gone wrong with me ?? Is it spiritual or medical.. Please medical practitioners come to my aid ..
Has anyone else experienced this issue or know about this kind of problem?? Please I need a solution.
Moderators , Lalastica please move to Front page embarassed
OP
I stutter too. Mine started exactly the way you described yours.
I've accepted myself the way I am and I'm cool with myself. You will be fine. It won't stop you from being what you are meant to be. You will find a way to manage it
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Speaklove: 9:04am On Nov 15, 2021
It might be spiritual, and it could be a medical situation.

See your doctor, but for the Spirit aspect I will advice you to pray for the baptism of the holy spirit and FIRE.
BY THE TIME YOU START SPEAKING IN TONGUE YOU WILL SEE THE POWER OF GOD.

God luck

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Speaklove: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2021
REALretep:
OP
I stutter too. Mine started exactly the way you described yours.
I've accepted myself the way I am and I'm cool with myself. You will be fine. It won't stop you from being what you are meant to be. You will find a way to manage it

Don't settle for less, and don't take or accept what is not yours,.
That isn't how you were born , and that is not how you should remain.
So say only what God says about you, and not what circumstances or situation says about you.

Pray that God Baptizes you with the holy spirit and FIRE (NOT JUST the holy spirit BUT HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE)

pray enerstly till it happens, and by the time you start speaking in TONGUES you will tell the difference.

I hope you will take my candid advice.

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by lucky4west: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2021
dem don waka for your matter...sorry evil doers don compromise ur destiny, they probably saw ur star...please seek God genuinely and give your life to Christ, that is the true way to get restoration of what the enemy has stolen...it is well with you.

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by agnes7(f): 10:25am On Nov 15, 2021
kneehighbootz:

For God's sake!!! The ignorance in this country is too much. How can anyone in the internet age still believe in superstitions and unfounded beliefs?

Google is there on your phone! Try to make research and read!!!

Sorry Sir.
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Christmasdon(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2021
Where you born and bred up in let say lagos and all of a sudden you are in the village learning new words all over. do not worry ua age is still good at 20 you will be fine.
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by REALretep(m): 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Speaklove:

Don't settle for less, and don't take or accept what is not yours,.
That isn't how you were born , and that is not how you should remain.
So say only what God says about you, and not what circumstances or situation says about you.

Pray that God Baptizes you with the holy spirit and FIRE (NOT JUST the holy spirit BUT HOLY SPIRIT AND FIRE)

pray enerstly till it happens, and by the time you start speaking in TONGUES you will tell the difference.

I hope you will take my candid advice.
Thanks for your advice.
But life's too short for me to become engrossed with praying to God to remove the stuttering when God is already using me in my current state to make exploits for his kingdom.
Hope you are aware that Moses was also a stutterer; that was why he asked God to give him a helper which God granted by giving him Aaron.
A condition or disability in any form doesn't stop anybody from achieving his/her God-given potentials.
Infact, telling someone not to "settle for less" in any condition or disability can even prevent the person from achieving his/her full potentials.

God bless you
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Speaklove: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
REALretep:
Thanks for your advice.
But life's too short for me to become engrossed with praying to God to remove the stuttering when God is already using me in my current state to make exploits for his kingdom.
Hope you are aware that Moses was also a stutterer; that was why he asked God to give him a helper which God granted by giving him Aaron.
A condition or disability in any form doesn't stop anybody from achieving his/her God-given potentials.
Infact, telling someone not to "settle for less" in any condition or disability can even prevent the person from achieving his/her full potentials.

God bless you

You said "
REALretep:
[color=#990000] Thanks for your advice.
But LIFE'S TOO SHORT FOR ME to become engrossed with praying to God to remove the stuttering when GOD IS ALREADY USING ME in my current state to make exploits for his kingdom"

I am very sorry to say
What I deduced from the statement above is - CARELESSNESS and PRIDE at work.
You have to deal with it (I'm not trying to criticize but to advice)
I know you it your problem (might not even look like a problem to you)
But as far as life is concerned - the greater things you would have done for God would be of great impact in the lives of others in one way or another.
In christ - your problem is our problem, and my problem is your problem.

I also sometimes have challenges with either praying on certain issues sometimes or doing something else.

But
What was the divine response to Moses after he complained to God about speech impediment?

Exodus 4:10-12
[10]Then Moses said to the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”

Here it is

[11]So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord?
[12]Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.”

May God continue to use your much more to make impact for his kingdom.

Please I don't mean to hurt you feeling or prutude over your right, but I wrote what I wrote out of brotherly love and concerns, and that could sometimes lead one to say unfavorable things to a person all for the sake of putting things in the right order, and not necessarily to bring or break the person down.

You will be of glory and of wonder no matter the thing.
you are strong because of he that is in you.

Please forgive me for any statement you perceive to be hurtful.

Grace
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Mav4blast(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2021
U kissed the wrong lips my brother! Come and confess your sins
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by muheeb01(m): 10:11am On Nov 16, 2021
kingsman66:

Pls bro I need ur help, I need this herbs I hardly eat. Small food am done and is making me slim
check my signature bro and dm me on whatsapp
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Margaretola(f): 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sorry, I suggest you talk to a doctor here. You can have an online session with a doctor here for just #100 (black friday)
https://cribmd.com/
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by TELOTHETUTOR: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Risingsun127:
Good day people.. sorry for the long story embarassed
I’m in my early 20s
Please I need help .. I noticed this problem in 2017.. I’ve always been a fluent talker.. I can talk without getting tired ,people referred to me as a talkative with sharp mouth ..
Infact when I was little my family even advised me to study law because they saw how vocal and active I was .. But since 2017 till presently my mouth is always feeling heavy.. Whenever I talk my mouth will be gathering spit.. I’m always swallowing spit and most times I chock on my saliva .. I find it difficult to speak cause I’ll just be blabbing and stuttering.. It’s as if my Brain is clogged. There was even a time I couldn’t speak out.. words will be in my mind but to say it out will be so difficult..

I don’t know if it’s because we moved into this environment.. Could it be spiritual problem from this environment I moved into in 2016 or someone is on my case??

Because of the spit issue .. I went to a doctor who told me my issue was worm. I’ve been deworming on a steady still yet I can’t communicate with people effectively.. I’ll just be looking dumb when with my friends meanwhile I’ve lots of things to say in my mind!!
If I say let me open my mouth and talk I’ll just be stuttering and stammering and it has affected my self confidence massively.
Please I need help .. What could’ve gone wrong with me ?? Is it spiritual or medical.. Please medical practitioners come to my aid ..
Has anyone else experienced this issue or know about this kind of problem?? Please I need a solution.
Moderators , Lalastica please move to Front page embarassed
did u later find solution to this issue coz I'm having a similar issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Menace Of Sepe, Agbo-Jedi: Pile Herbal-Medicine / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga / 35-Year-Old Man Electrocuted By Christmas Light Decorations In Delta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.