Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Passing Judgment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Passing Judgment (109 Views)

Until Judgment Day, People Who Died,where Will They Be, And What Are They Doing? / Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Passing Judgment by MyCatholicLife: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2021

It is very easy to pass judgment on another, but it is very difficult to withhold judgment. Why is that so? Why might you find yourself easily passing judgment on others when you truly do not know their heart? There certainly can be many reasons for this sin; one of them is that some people do not even know themselves well enough to judge their own conscience. When this is the case, the person will be in no position to try to judge another. Judging another often comes from a heart that has little interior knowledge, understanding or personal insight. They feel this disorder within and project it out on others. This is helpful to understand for two reasons. First, if you tend to judge, stop and look into your heart. There is a very good chance that you do not know who you are, what your sins are, or how God sees your soul. Second, if you become the object of another’s judgment, do not be offended. Instead, use it as an opportunity to have a holy sympathy for them. Chances are that their judgment of you is a sign of their own interior confusion. This should evoke compassion toward them, not judgment in return (See Diary #1528).

Reflect today upon these two experiences of judgment. First reflect upon whether you judge and why. Also spend time reflecting upon the way you react when others judge you. Seek the truth in both of these experiences and surrender your own judgments and your experience of others’ judgments to the Mercy of God.

Lord, please free me from having a judgmental heart. You and You alone probe the minds and hearts of all Your children. Give me insight into my own soul so that I may continually examine my life in the light of Your Truth, and give me a heart of mercy that I may love others with the Mercy of Your Divine Heart. Jesus, I trust in You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oZhJyl2iI

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/11/2021 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/11/2021 / A Word In Due Season - Wednesday, December 1st 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.