Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? (26920 Views)

Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? / Can I Travel 2 Weeks Before Visa Expiration? / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Efizzi: 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
@poster, This is very simple. All my sisters have given birth in UK without paying a dime and their children are back home here without stress. All you need to do is go to the Nigerian embassy in Uk they would assist you. But I know they would include your baby's picture to your international passport.
IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by kl2020: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
pls don't bring that baby to this stupid country, i think the baby will grow up and be happy living in the UK
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by juzme: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
Busy_body:

I would not rise to the bait about the snide insinuation about my reading and comprehension skills. No offence intended and I don't mean to be rude, but for want of a better way to put it - Does the part I highlighted in your post make sense to you or anyone else for that matter? Or to paraphrase this "why do children who are EU citizens need a Zambrano to allow their parents to stay when these same children's citizenship was solely gotten by virtue of their parent's or atimes grandparent's status

To clue you in a bit, those parents in the Zambrano were illegal immigrants, so how did their children obtain citizenship

To help you connect the dot, what the Zambrano ruling did was confer the right to automatic citizenship on these children, because they did not have this right before, as well as give their Parents the right of residence to allow them raise these children in their Country of birth.

On 1 September 2003, Mr Ruiz Zambrano’s wife gave birth to a second child, Diego, who acquired Belgian nationality pursuant to Article 10(1) of the Belgian Nationality Code, since Columbian law does not recognise Colombian nationality for children born outside the territory of Colombia where the parents do not take specific steps to have them so recognized.
Under Article 10(1) of the Belgian Nationality Code (Moniteur belge, 12 July 1984, p. 10095), in the version applicable at the time of the facts in the main proceedings (‘the Belgian Nationality Code’):
‘Any child born in Belgium who, at any time before reaching the age of 18 or being declared of full age, would be stateless if he or she did not have Belgian nationality, shall be Belgian.’
The aboved statements were the way the acquired their citizenship.
Their parents don’t have right to work in Belgium.

A refusal to grant a right of residence to a third country national with dependent minor children in the Member State where those children are nationals and reside, and also a refusal to grant such a person a work permit, has such an effect.
It must be assumed that such a refusal would lead to a situation where those children, citizens of the Union, would have to leave the territory of the Union in order to accompany their parents. Similarly, if a work permit were not granted to such a person, he would risk not having sufficient resources to provide for himself and his family, which would also result in the children, citizens of the Union, having to leave the territory of the Union. In those circumstances, those citizens of the Union would, as a result, be unable to exercise the substance of the rights conferred on them by virtue of their status as citizens of the Union.
The above statements were part of the judgment.
Therefore, you child MUST be Eu citizen before you can benefit from Zambrano ruling.  I hope this clarify this matter.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by paris10: 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
kl2020:

pls don't bring that baby to this silly country, i think the baby will grow up and be happy living in the UK

My friend, unfortunately, the child can reside in the UK but the mum would still be illegal after her visa runs out. The Zambrano ruling does not confer the right to work or live to the parents of the child( see the immigration rules), except one of the parent has either a British passport or ILR.

Mind you, the child is still not and can not become a British citizen except one of the parent is settled here. A child is a EU citizen when he/she is a citizen of a member state. The child can register to be a British citizen after residing in the UK for 10 years and above. EC Art20  still applies( i.e parents can reside legally with a child born in a member state) but only in a member state where the child automatically becomes a citizen after birth, this is not the case in the UK.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by debosky(m): 12:01am On Jun 09, 2011
Why not simply apply for an emergency travel certificate for the baby?

You can get that same day ( I think ) at the Nigerian Embassy - a friend recently needed to come to Nigeria with his daughter and that was what he did.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by 677ano(m): 1:32am On Jun 09, 2011
You dont pay tax and National Insurance? I will advice you to go and settle you hospital bills. The HMRC will track you to Nigeria as they are presently seeking to do just that. Your child is not a UK or EU citizen by being born here as you are not legally settled in UK.

You can travel with the child go and obtain emergency travel certificate for Nigerian High Commission
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Plum70: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2011
I have read through the posts and struggle to see why there are muddled up view points.

Mother is a Nigerian visitor who has given birth to a child in the UK. The child's father (one speculates) is not an EU citizen or a permanent resident or a national of a country that has bilateral healthcare agreements with the UK.

To me the plan of action is as easy as:

Pay off NHS bills
Apply for a child passport at the Nigerian High commission in London
Book and board a return flight to Nigeria

The OP writes that she is a regular visitor to the UK and therefore is entitled to free NHS treatment. A regular visitor would know that visitors are ineligible simply because they are non-residents and non-tax payers.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by freeman9ja(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
My dear, u dnt need a passport for ur baby, just go to the nigeria embassy
and they will stap on ur passport on behave of ur baby. It depends on the passport u r using.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by oohunt: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ma ma, whatever you do, try and pay the NHS bills which you incured to avoid disgrace in the future. My cousin had her baby in the UK and she was never sent a bill. The next time she tried to enter the UK (2008) with her child she was detained for more than 24 hrs. She was only let into the country after she proved that she was not sent a bill and paid some of the money in question. It was not a pleasant experience because they would search you thoroughly, and would not let you speak to anyone on the phone until they get what they want.
I don't know much about the immigration stuff but I guess you can use travel documents in you need to travel urgently.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by andypash(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2011
Many naija dey born abroad and dey no dey leave their issue(pikin) abroad i think is easy go to our embassy in uk and do some clearificatn on this subject with them
Make i ask: u get husband cos na him for dey do all the runnings not u,or u enter uk wit oluwole(fake) visa cos u fit dey fear make u no enter wahala wit authority , i just dey ask, oo
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2011
Amayoyo, it's probably possible to add your baby to a Nigerian passport, definitely impossible to include him in a British one.

I however still feel it's best to put off flying to Nigeria if possible, till your son's a little older. Has he had any of his jabs yet? Very important. You'd have been given a red Baby Book, listing all the vaccinations your baby needs, and at what stages. Do you have one of these? I just somehow get the impression there's a mad rush, on your part to leave the UK, and these things I've mentioned aren't yet in place.

I'll ask again - have you applied for (and collected) the Long Version of your baby's birth certificate? It's important you do this, as it's difficult to obtain later on.
In England and Wales, you MUST register your baby's birth in the district where your baby was born within 42 days (six weeks) of the birth.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
Siena:

Amayoyo, it's probably possible to add your baby to a Nigerian passport, definitely impossible to include him in a British one.

[/i]

Yeah, Amayoyo you heard that, you cannot include your baby in your British passport grin lipsrsealed cool cool cool
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
busybody20:

I nor get flower /tree for my garden o, b4 council precipitate carry me lol grin

If he feel cold nko? wetin consign mi, my pikins dem luk like duvet blanket to you? angry U beta start behavin yasef like an I-L. Iya oloko bournvita grin

You get Maiguard for house in UK undecided ? YOu way neva see moni chop first grin cheesy

Wetin dey do you sef, nor be ya fault, na my pickin wey tell me say he don fed up of dating Halle Berry and Naomi Campbell, say make i find him one opeke local girl i blame angry angry angry Shior grin

Before I count to three and open my eyes, send your daughter over rightaway before i vex again angry I know she is just 3 months old, but she berra be potty trained cos i can allow my son's eyesight to be behold some ghastly pampers clad derriere sticking out of her cute apple bottom jeans tongue
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Busybody2(f): 2:25am On Jul 13, 2011
juzme:

On 1 September 2003, Mr Ruiz Zambrano’s wife gave birth to a second child, Diego, who acquired Belgian nationality pursuant to Article 10(1) of the Belgian Nationality Code, since Columbian law does not recognise Colombian nationality for children born outside the territory of Colombia where the parents do not take specific steps to have them so recognized.
Under Article 10(1) of the Belgian Nationality Code (Moniteur belge, 12 July 1984, p. 10095), in the version applicable at the time of the facts in the main proceedings (‘the Belgian Nationality Code’):
‘Any child born in Belgium who, at any time before reaching the age of 18 or being declared of full age, would be stateless if he or she did not have Belgian nationality, shall be Belgian.’
The aboved statements were the way the acquired their citizenship.
Their parents don’t have right to work in Belgium.

A refusal to grant a right of residence to a third country national with dependent minor children in the Member State where those children are nationals and reside, and also a refusal to grant such a person a work permit, has such an effect.
It must be assumed that such a refusal would lead to a situation where those children, citizens of the Union, would have to leave the territory of the Union in order to accompany their parents. Similarly, if a work permit were not granted to such a person, he would risk not having sufficient resources to provide for himself and his family, which would also result in the children, citizens of the Union, having to leave the territory of the Union. In those circumstances, those citizens of the Union would, as a result, be unable to exercise the substance of the rights conferred on them by virtue of their status as citizens of the Union.
The above statements were part of the judgment.
Therefore, you child MUST be Eu citizen before you can benefit from Zambrano ruling.  I hope this clarify this matter.

This case has been dragging on for yonks and did not just centre on the dude's right to work and his children's Belgian Nationality, it also touched on his right to claim asylum, his right to claim unemployment benefit, his right to residency, his right to family life, his right not to be deported back to his Country, etc. Some of these are enshrined in the ECHR which was mentioned a few times in the dude's submission. The ECHR is a universal law that applies to anyone regardless of their Country of origin. And the irony is that if he had employed the correct ECHR as far back as the year 2000, he would have gotten his stay since then.

With regards to the non automatic entitlement to UK citizenship of children with neither parents born nor with settled status, what this means is that though they cannot be granted outright citizenship, they qualify for discretionary citizenship, which can commence anytime (not age 10 upwards which paris10 is falsely claiming) for which all they need is to be under the age of 18 and to be of good character if over the age of 10.

Under the relevant legislation, these children who remain in the Country are entitled to discretionary citizenship anytime but are not allowed to leave the Country for more than 90 days, whilst those who are taken out of the Country are not supposed to be away from UK for more than 2 years. In addition to these, the 7 year concessionary rule has been abolished because of the Human Rights legislation, especially with rights to education and rights to family life, meaning that some get their citizenship within days/weeks/months/etc.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by dustydee: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2011
Busy_body:

Wetin dey do you sef, nor be ya fault, na my pickin wey tell me say he don fed up of dating Halle Berry and Naomi Campbell, say make i find him one opeke local girl i blame angry angry angry Shior grin

Before I count to three and open my eyes, send your daughter over rightaway before i vex again angry I know she is just 3 months old, but she berra be potty trained cos i can allow my son's eyesight to be behold some ghastly pampers clad derriere sticking out of her cute apple bottom jeans tongue

You look beautiful. Are you married?
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by debosky(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2011
@ BB

You don come with this discretionary citizenship again. cheesy

The requirements to be granted such discretionary citizenship are quite onerous and it would be interesting to know how many people have been granted citizenship under this class.

Yes the child is 'theoretically' eligible, but there are no grounds in this case to grant such discretionary citizenship.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by tpia5: 6:16am On Aug 04, 2011
dustydee:

You look beautiful. Are you married?

you want to marry her?
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by iz2much: 8:55am On Aug 05, 2011
It might be true he is there
but the first picture is a fraud
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2011
t
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by chaperon88: 5:50am On Apr 26, 2013
I just gave birth to my child in Chicago and needs to get back to Nigeria in 2 weeks. Info reaching me states there is no nigerian embassy in Chicago. How do I go about getting my baby,s visa stamped on my pp
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by scottishlass: 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
chaperon88: I just gave birth to my child in Chicago and needs to get back to Nigeria in 2 weeks. Info reaching me states there is no nigerian embassy in Chicago. How do I go about getting my baby,s visa stamped on my pp

Did you not research this before going to the states to have you baby? Anyway I think you should get in touch with any of the consulates (NY, Atlanta or DC) I don't know which is one is nearest to you. Have you got your child's american passport sorted yet? You cannot stamp his visa on your own passport. Your baby needs his own passport to travel. Once you have the passport, you can apply for express Nigerian visa which takes a maximum of 72 hrs.
Re: How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? by Mmkgroup5(f): 7:09am On May 30, 2018
fireline:
It was obvious from the start.
Most people rush to register birth in Uk to gain any benefit or passport.
Poster is regular visitor but pays no UK taxes so has STOLEN care from NHS.
She knows very well that she should pay for birth and wants to get out of the country before being caught.
What this will lead to is Nigerians being made to pay up front for medical care to stop fraud.
This woman should be caught and imprissoned for fraud by nhs
Baby will be put in care while she is in prison then deported.
you lack manners someone seek an advice and you are insulting her you should be the one to be kicked out of this forum. Na wa for naija people low orientation with bad thoughts always.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. / Loaded Tanker Explodes Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway (photos) / Video Of Lagosians Being Arrested For Failing To Use A Pedestrian Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.