Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant (826 Views)

Ugonna Ozuruigbo Loses Federal Seat To Kingsley Echendu / Khadija Ibrahim Wins Mohammed Ibrahim In Contest For Yobe Federal Seat / Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2021
___

By Levinus Nwabughiogu-Abuja

Following the death of Hon. Haruna Maitala who hitherto represented Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency of Plateau State, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, Tuesday, declared the seat vacant.

This was as another member from the minority caucus defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

READ ALSO:Reps extend teachers retirement age

It will be recalled that Maitala lost his life in an accident on April 3, 2021.

The official declaration is an approval for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct election and fill vacant seat.

At the plenary yesterday, the Speaker announced the defection of the member representing Ogbomoso North, Ogbomoso South and Orire Federal Constituency of Oyo State, Hon. Jacob Ajao Adejumo to APC.

Until his defection, Adejumo was a member of the Action Democratic Party (ADP).

In his defection letter read by the Speaker, Adejumo who was a former member of APC before defecting to ADP said he was going back home.

“I left the APC before for ADP, because I couldn’t get the ticket. But now I’m going back home (APC). Your (Gbajabiamila) charismatic and all-inclusive, transparent and objective leadership of this house won my admiration for you and the progressives party in moving the nation forward”, Adejumo said in the letter.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/gbajabiamila-declares-jos-north-bassa-federal-constituency-seat-vacant-as-adp-rep-defects-to-apc/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi5hrOg15f0AhVExhoKHcuqDV4QFnoECAcQAg&usg=AOvVaw1_rux_5oLrYssmrlDrPjzI

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie001
Helinues
Kyase
Nowenuse
Zkosso
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by Kyase(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2021
As expected

But that Yoruba Decampee wey talk say he’s home Na clown grin

Adejumo You try
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 11:56am On Nov 14, 2021
Kyase:
As expected

Adejumo You try

Who
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by Kyase(m): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2021
garfield1:

Who
In his defection letter read by the Speaker, Adejumo who was a former member of APC before defecting to ADP said he was going back home.
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=Kyase post=107607851][/quote]

I understand now.hon adejumo is right na, he has always been apc...a anyway,the speaker should have declared the seat vacant since may.
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by Kyase(m): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
garfield1:

I understand now.hon adejumo is right na, he has always been apc...a anyway,the speaker should have declared the seat vacant since may.
His window needs the salary
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=Kyase post=107608271
His window needs the salary [/quote]

Hon lummba dah adeh emerged the- consensus apc candidate in a mock primary conducted last week for bassa candidates.that federal constituency is usually tough and bloody
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by fergie001: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
garfield1:
It will be very rough....
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by YoungRay007: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=garfield1 post=107607695]___

Following the death of Hon. Haruna Maitala who hitherto represented Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency of Plateau State, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, Tuesday, declared the seat vacant.

This was as another member from the minority caucus defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The official declaration is an approval for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct election and fill vacant seat.

At the plenary yesterday, the Speaker announced the defection of the member representing Ogbomoso North, Ogbomoso South and Orire Federal Constituency of Oyo State, Hon. Jacob Ajao Adejumo to APC.

“I left the APC before for ADP, because I couldn’t get the ticket. But now I’m going back home (APC). Your (Gbajabiamila) charismatic and all-inclusive, transparent and objective leadership of this house won my admiration for you and the progressives party in moving the nation forward”, Adejumo said in the letter.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/gbajabiamila-declares-jos-north-bassa-federal-constituency-seat-vacant-as-adp-rep-defects-to-apc/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi5hrOg15f0AhVExhoKHcuqDV4QFnoECAcQAg&usg=AOvVaw1_rux_5oLrYssmrlDrPjzI

Please when a speaker is impeached, do the impeached speaker retains his seat as a honorable
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by sapientia(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
Cash out for INEC
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by Malory: 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
garfield1:
___

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie001
Helinues
Kyase
Nowenuse
Zkosso
Is Andy Uba no longer coming as the cofno

1 Like

Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by batstan(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=garfield1 post=107608910][/quote]
True,!! Hon. Lumumba deserves the seat . He was there in 19999.
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by IgweOfNnewi: 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kyase:
As expected

Adejumo You try
Pandora Peter Obi said he will die in APuGA but now the slowpoke and Pandora Patriot is in PDP

Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=YoungRay007 post=107609436][/quote]

Yes
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
batstan:

True,!! Hon. Lumumba deserves the seat . He was there in 19999.

I dont like him.the first runner up to the late maitala in apc primaries should take over
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
fergie001:

It will be very rough....

It is 50 50.,,the late maitala won by the narrowest of margins...since Lumumba is a christian and an indigene unlike maitala maybe the Christians esp in kabong ward will vote him more...
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by fergie001: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
garfield1:

It is 50 50.,,the late maitala won by the narrowest of margins...since Lumumba is a christian and an indigene unlike maitala maybe the Christians esp in kabong ward will vote him more...
It will still be 50-50.

PDP will definitely bring up a Christian candidate.
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by garfield1: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
fergie001:

It will still be 50-50.

PDP will definitely bring up a Christian candidate.

Pdp brought a christian in 2019 Jonathan dabo.so apc fielding a christian this time should divide xtian votes
Re: Speaker Declares Jos North/bassa Federal Seat Vacant by fergie001: 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
garfield1:
PDP brought a christian in 2019 Jonathan dabo.so apc fielding a christian this time should divide xtian votes
It will be a tight one.

(1) (Reply)

Infrastructure Constructed By President Buhari In South East ...hon Gambo Manzo / Ipob-Igbo Women Cries Bitterly,it Is Not Fulanis But Igbos Destroying Properties / Western Nigeria Government Should Ban Ipob Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.