Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

God's Plan And Free Will. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Plan And Free Will. (154 Views)

What Is The Point Of Free Will? / Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Plan And Free Will. by Telemon(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Just thinking also., if God gave man free will,how can everything be God's plan?

Everything is part of God's plan, how can we have free will. Let's discuss please.
Re: God's Plan And Free Will. by NNtv(m): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Telemon:
Just thinking also., if God gave man free will,how can everything be God's plan?

Everything is part of God's plan, how can we have free will. Let's discuss please.
God gave us freewill, yes, and that our will should be in line with the ultimate will of God. However, how well we know the plan of God depends on how close we are with God.

In essence, everything that happens or the decisions we make can not all be the plan of God. (in the Bible) when balaam was invited to curse the people of Israel. He prayed to God, and God instructed him not to go. [now, that's the will of God] God plainly told him not to go. But his spirit is not clean, because he wants to make money from balaak. So he went again, and prayed. This time around God told him to Go!. Do we say that God changed his mind? No! He wanted his judgement to fall on balaam.
When balaam was cruising to go and curse the Israelites, he saw an angel with a sword. He is even lucky that he wasn't killed by that Angel.
Now, this is his judgment for having a dirty spirit; eager to make money out of his gift.

Another instance Is the case of king Saul. Remember that the children of Israel were being lead by Samuel. But the Israelites wanted a king to lead them. (Maybe they saw other people that are being lead by kings) meanwhile, God was leading them through Samuel. But because of that [FREEWILL HE HAS GIVEN TO US] the people now wants a king, which is against the plan of God.
God allowed them to choose a king. And it later ended in tears.

So, I can state that the plan of God is simply obeying God's word, living within his principles. Though it's now left for us to choose whether to obey him or follow our own ways (the freewill)

1 Like

Re: God's Plan And Free Will. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Telemon:

Because creations can only choose from the Available Options And Options are the gifts Given to creations by their Creator, hence creations are always within the plan of their Creator, exactly as your phone is in your pocket or bag according to your plan.

If it chooses to fall down, then it falls into another plan of yours. grin

That's how it works. grin
Re: God's Plan And Free Will. by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
Telemon:

Your freewill can not rise above God own plans and God own freewill
Re: God's Plan And Free Will. by kingxsamz(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
NNtv:
God gave us freewill, yes, and that our will should be in line with the ultimate will of God. However, how well we know the plan of God depends on how close we are with God.

In essence, everything that happens or the decisions we make can not all be the plan of God. (in the Bible) when balaam was invited to curse the people of Israel. He prayed to God, and God instructed him not to go. [now, that's the will of God] God plainly told him not to go. But his spirit is not clean, because he wants to make money from balaak. So he went again, and prayed. This time around God told him to Go!. Do we say that God changed his mind? No! He wanted his judgement to fall on balaam.
When balaam was cruising to go and curse the Israelites, he saw an angel with a sword. He is even lucky that he wasn't killed by that Angel.
Now, this is his judgment for having a dirty spirit; eager to make money out of his gift.

Another instance Is the case of king Saul. Remember that the children of Israel were being lead by Samuel. But the Israelites wanted a king to lead them. (Maybe they saw other people that are being lead by kings) meanwhile, God was leading them through Samuel. But because of that [FREEWILL HE HAS GIVEN TO US] the people now wants a king, which is against the plan of God.
God allowed them to choose a king. And it later ended in tears.

So, I can state that the plan of God is simply obeying God's word, living within his principles. Though it's now left for us to choose whether to obey him or follow our own ways (the freewill)

Lol, the whole thing is still planned because you already know the results. You know how everything ends. So the Christian god was just allowing everything play out just as he had seen.
If I hired people to build a skyscraper for me and along the line, some of the builders turned against me to plant hidden bombs in my building, and I got to know about the information, wouldn't it be wise to halt the entire process and get everyone out?
If I allowed them to finish the buiding and the bomb goes off when it finally gets occupied with people, who allowed it happen?

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Great Prayer Request Form / Leave No Room For Doubt / Could We Have Taken God For Granted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.