Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. (27930 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / What Is An Opay Account Number? / Is It True From GTB Unilag Branch Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Shalommy(f): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
Scam from yahoo boys.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by mapet: 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:
I received message from GTB. I was given account number from GTB and I was asked to go any branch and activate it.

..and at the bank, you will be picked up by security agencies, as you will become involved in either a kidnapping or money laundering scheme. Don't you see, they seemingly want you to "activate" a flagged account so they can test whether it is safe to show up in person to collect money from it.

2 Likes

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by raphy(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
This one wan enter one chance..na your money go disappear
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
irunoko:
yahoo boys don dey hustle for Christmas grin
Baddest hustling

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by mfm04622: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:
I received message from GTB. I was given account number from GTB and I was asked to go any branch and activate it.

It is normal!

If you want an account with the bank, go to the nearest branch to activate the account number
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by aminusodiq(m): 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
chocolatee:
Did you open account with them or not?
If not don't let scammers to use use they now open account for people and send code to you they will called them to tell them the code and collect loan for you beware.
u opened years ago... It happened to me
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Oseniade(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
You can send a mail to their official email address to verify the authenticity of the message. Attach a screenshot or link of the purported message alongside.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Muwq: 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Really
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Mr9iceGuy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
I am a gtb account holder today courtesy of this same method... All I did was to visit the nearest gtb and showed them the msg...they confirmed it was actually from them...that they partner mobile telecom companies and tap into their database and creat account with people's telephone number...but if I don't want, I should ignore...it's a matter of choice.

Reader530:

2 Likes

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by aktolly54(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
I have experienced this too.

I just deleted the message.

Let's discuss better things.

Do you know Rolls Royce Cullinan and Bentley Bentayga are the costliest SUVs in the world and Davido drives both of them ??
yes bother cars are expensive and both cars is been used as taxi in Dubai .

1 Like

Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by knowhowk: 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
Stop Wasting your time ,Just rush to GTB Bank Branch close to you
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Biggaboi(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
chocolatee:
If not don't let scammers to use use they now open account for people and send code to you they will called them to tell them the code and collect loan for you beware.

I've had this too once. So this is what the idiot was after? Funny thing is the account is named kabiru and I'm not even Yoruba. grin
I HD repeated SMS Msgs from the bank that I dont and never had any business with. I just ignored it and laughed at the name thy gave me
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by irunoko(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
grin
Ghostmode2two:

Baddest hustling
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by bluefilm: 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
angelfallz:
Someone you don't know is trying send you money?
If someone wants to send you money through Western Union wouldn't the person let you know?

The person can still let you know after they have sent the money
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by bluefilm: 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
mapet:

..and at the bank, you will be picked up by security agencies, as you will become involved in either a kidnapping or money laundering scheme. Don't you see, they seemingly want you to "activate" a flagged account so they can test whether it is safe to show up in person to collect money from it.

If you go to the bank and explain yourself very well, I don't see why security agencies will be involved...
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by crowned1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
I quickly tossed his number into Blacklist, my guy call tire[/quote] you are nice, i call out random numbers to them when they wise up they stop
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by masui(m): 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
nextstep:
Anytime I receive call from somebody pretending to be a bank, I just hang up.

If I have issues, na me go call them, never vice versa.

grin grin cheesy

You are a wise man.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by ItrendNaija(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Sounds fishy
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by masui(m): 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
aktolly54:
yes bother cars are expensive and both cars is been used as taxi in Dubai .

Oh boy. Raw savage
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by orlarlakeside(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:
. Be careful, some some insider in the bank works for boys outside.. Think about it.
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by MossLuv: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
Did you apply for covid19 loan? If yes, your want to open the account for you so he or she can cut his or her percentage directly as they pay you
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by pnwaobia: 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
The same thing happened to me
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by frozen70(f): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2021
Reader530:

I received same on Monday but I ignored it because people can do unimaginable things online

So pls ignore it, we are not really sure of the source
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Testimony1988(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hmmmm, without opening the account?
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by mapet: 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
bluefilm:

If you go to the bank and explain yourself very well, I don't see why security agencies will be involved...

Security Agencies are already involved. Explaining yourself is a tall order. I am telling you this for free cos I have a banker at home. I have heard of multiple cases like this. If anyone calls you and informs you of transactions you are not expecting, your first and safe option is to call the bank and report a suspicious transaction on your account. You don't show up and commit to withdrawing the money; doing that makes you culpable
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by stasius: 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
Scam! Some work with bankers!
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Supermarvel89: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
joyandfaith:

Be careful. Some bankers are working with crooks.

It’s not the bankers, Oga.
Who gets ur details immediately after BVN enrolment?
Who can search any bank account linked to BVN irrespective of the bank of domicilation of such accounts?

It’s simple, the NIBSS guys.
They are responsible for all this shit going on
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Emmasnoop(m): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Them activated it now why telling us?
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by macrodata(m): 5:53am On Nov 18, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

That was how one man called me directly on phone and asked me to call my BVN out or other account details of mine so he'd help me activate my new UBA account (Truly I opened an account so it was convincing that he works for them, because how else did he know I just opened an account?)

I asked him to end the call while I look for my BVN and have him call me back to call it out for him, just then, my eyes opened, banks don't ask you to send sensitive details, besides, I filled my BVN on the form, so why is he asking again..

I quickly tossed his number into Blacklist, my guy call tire
There's someone or a cartel in UBA that's calling new members and asking for sensitive information. Just early this week, a lot of customers woke up to see money deducted from their accounts. There's even a video of one guy in shorts shouting in a UBA branch
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by Branson001: 5:55am On Nov 18, 2021
So banks have started opening account on people's behalf without prior knowledge. Welldone
Re: I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. by sylve11: 6:07am On Nov 18, 2021
chocolatee:

Ah! shocked cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Overcome Spending Without Caution / My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA / How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.