Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Help My Dog Is Going Blind - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help My Dog Is Going Blind (46981 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Blind Sphynx Cat Who Lost Both Eyes Becomes Instagram Sensation (Photos) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by MummyD2020(f): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
I love the info. Incase you dont know, the dog costs so much. So mind the advice you give to him cos the dog is EXPENSIVE
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by shigishege: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
nairamaniac:

You can't blame a poster here in Nigeria attaching price/grade of a product that is in danger.

Cos in Nigeria we usually have lots of fakes and low grades which comes with low prices amongst originals which comes with higher prices.

I bet you, if OP had not attached the price of 450k to that topic, most people wdnt open the post with an assumption it's just a Local cheap ekuke.

But when he mention 450K some men even went as far as wishing God blessed them as mush as he blessed the op with a promise to God they would do much better with the money for the sake of humanity.

U get the drift?
You are truly daft for this your coments.

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Digmygold: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
Its an infection. Give him garlic.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by nairamaniac: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
shigishege:
You are truly daft for this your coments.

No be our fault guy.

We take naturally take people's plight more seriously based on the price/value attached to it.

Talk true if it were an ekuke of 5k that went blind on both eyes, you would even still remain on this thread throwing insults that points back to you?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by JaneYave(f): 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
Triangles1:
Cheai.

Truly this life is not balance.

Although I dislike dog with passion I rather use the 450k on a beer table together with my guys with enough nkobi.

Dogs health care VET would've be the best because if you rely on Naira land opinions your dog will totally go blind.

Sowie bro, what's the name of your dog?
Take a look at these lovelies.
Maybe, you will begin to love dogs like me

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by komojay: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmm...That looks like an ocular manifestation of a "not too good" systemic issue. Prognosis is usually with uncertainty. I doubt our naija vets can do much. Anyways don't give up, good luck.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Rainbows87: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Benz4pimp:
That you are poor doesn’t make every other person poor...I sold a British bull dog pup for 550k on this same nairaland........
hello great people of nairaland
abeg e get one update wey I wan give una...
I really don't do dis, bt at dis point Sapa won finish una girl here o
I'm very frustrated, broke and depressed r.n
I work as a sales girl in a supermarket bt my boss is always fond of owing salary too much on top d 15k wey I dey manage o
I've been so down with a very strong malaria and typhoid since last week which has made me unable to go to work, ive gat no money to buy drugs...I was only able to buy "agbo" from one herbalist and it even worsened my health more
pls and pls, kind hearted people of nairaland help me
uba bank
may God bless yall abundantly
**for those who don't really like dashing strangers money laidat, u can aswel do well to patronize me, I sell Android wristwatches and quality female hairs at affordable prices ( I'm a dropshipper) bt feel free to WhatsApp me on. 08146581487
thanks
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Ryan14(m): 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
Blue eyes nkita
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Honourable2003: 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ahhhh.. 450k keh, why wont d dog goes blind sef
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Olatemiseeni24: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Seriously u re mad ajeh
With this naija current economy situation
U still carry 450k go buy Dog, where there is awonsin that people can dash u to rear. Ori e yi.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
aspiring44:
@blackmamba. The eyes will get clear just be patient.
I experienced same on my dog . I thought he was completely blind. After sometime the eyes got cleared . The healing process could be longer.

Please can I call you ?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
shigishege:
but you are the fool of today??
which makes you a fool forever
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by TheKingsmannn: 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
adanny01:

When op mention the price of the dog, the price became more important than the dog itself. So i believe he is more concerned of his money than the what the dog is to him.
grin laugh weak me grin
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Chd12:
The condition there with your dog is called "cherry eye"... Esp the one on the left eye that's red. Can only be corrected surgically... What's your location? I could refer you to a veterinary clinic

Osogbo
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Ijoba85:
450k to get a dog! Mehn, people get money o. Baba, do you know how many jobs you could have created with that sum and get like 5 people employed?! At least removing 5 people from the number of unemployed youths roaming the streets is something. Unemployment is not only for the government and private sector to deal with, individuals amongst us who have funds can create the chain. We can change this country if we ourselves are serious

The economy doesn’t encourage businesses. That’s why we have a lot of failed businesses.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 16, 2021
Smart1111:
Glaucoma, an eye condition that affects Boston Terriers and people too, is an extremely painful disease that rapidly leads to blindness if left untreated. Symptoms include squinting, watery eyes, bluing of the cornea (the clear front part of the eye), and redness in the whites of the eyes.

Those vet don’t know about it. I read it online too. What can I do please ?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 16, 2021
akoniyong:

why CANT you STFU if you dont have any sensible thing to say.

@OP. please chain your dog in the sun., 9Am - 10.30/ 11AM.. it will correct itself within 7weeks. stop spending money on medications., after putting her back to the cage, give her water and ORS.. thank me later OP

Are you a vet ?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by hectorswag(m): 5:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Benz4pimp:
That you are poor doesn’t make every other person poor...I sold a British bull dog pup for 550k on this same nairaland........
Hmm nice marketing strategy wink
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Babysvoice:
I know the local medicine for the eye

What is it please ?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 16, 2021
phenylalanine:

Alovera is gelly na putting it in the eye might not help better put it in the drinks a little quantity, I think since u are trying options you might use efo shoko botanical name is Celosia Argentea press out the liquid and put in the eyes just a drop then find a way to add it to his food too.. all the best, this works for rabbits... Don't know if it will work for your dog..

Did the same thing happen to your rabbit ?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Beninwitch:
You bought this ugly thing for 450k! Na wa o.
Anyway, the eyes would clear. My cat had a similar incident and it cleared up on its own.

Really. Was it painful to your cat and how long did it take the cat Eye to clear up ?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by BabaIbo: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2021
shigishege:
You nailed it bro. These nonentity Nigerian citizens are so proud.

cheesy grin

Na naija way bro.

I later realized the guy(OP) may have attached the worth to draw more attention and response, which indirectly may get him the answer he needed, but that mentality don dey Nigerians system, that is why it's hard to differentiate between those doing it for a good reason(innocently) or those doing it for showoff.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by akoniyong: 10:32am On Nov 16, 2021
blackmamber:

Are you a vet ?

A CERTIFIED VET + BREEDER..
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by akoniyong: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2021
maryikpaha:
Pls be careful, I try to put my pedigree female rottweiler under the sun. From 9am based on a comment from someone here. Because the same thing suddenly happen to her, like 3 weeks after giving birth. But I failed because I did not come home on time and the chain was shot. So I lost her.

Its really pain me because this rottweiler just gave me 9 puppies. Less thank 10 weeks ago. She is just a year and 5 months old. And I have sold all her puppies and no female left.

I only have a pedigree male rottweiler left. Pls be careful.make sure you are there. Thanks

quote author=blackmamber post=107630611]Hello room. I bought this Boston terrier for 450k about 7 months ago.

Suddenly I started noticing discharge and blueish stuff in his eyes plus red too (only in his left eye )

I took him to the vet immediately and they gave him meds and injection but I noticed nothing changed

I have gone to different vet within this 2 weeks and they kept collecting my money and nothing is changing

Please if you’ve gone through this before I would love to know how you treated it. I don’t want my dog to go blind

In addition.
I called the seller and he said the same thing happened to his mom and it disappeared but he can’t really remember what he used because he used a lot of meds and applied alovera inside her eyes

BROS>> you should be JAILED for Animal cruelty., why on earth will you leave your dog in a scorching sun a whole day., isn't that pure wickedness., simple instructions you will not follow after you will be blaming VET that only told you to put your dog in 9AM - 10/10.30AM sun., then give her water and ORS immediately., but your foolishness will not allow you to follow simple instructions. see innocent DOG u killed because of your negligence and ability to comprehend simple English..

SMH
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Chd12(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2021
blackmamber:

Osogbo
Errm, don't know any reputable vet clinic there tbh, but am sure they're so many... Just look for any with a good track record, am sure the diagnosis won't be far fetched from what I said earlier "cherry eyes" and yes it can be corrected only surgically

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2021
hectorswag:
Hmm nice marketing strategy wink
haba,I don’t sell pups for a living ooo
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Johnsonx5(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
If you can afford a 450k dog, you should be capable of taking it to a good veterinary hospital.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by hectorswag(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Benz4pimp:
haba,I don’t sell pups for a living ooo
No it's cool, there's nothing wrong with selling pups for a living. I just liked how you stylishly advertised the pups while making your point to the guy at the same time. cheesy

Are those pups really worth ₦550k each? shocked What's so special about this particular breed?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by phenylalanine(m): 12:38am On Nov 17, 2021
blackmamber:

Did the same thing happen to your rabbit ?
Can't really say it same it.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
hectorswag:
No it's cool, there's nothing wrong with selling pups for a living. I just liked how you stylishly advertised the pups while making your point to the guy at the same time. cheesy

Are those pups really worth ₦550k each? shocked What's so special about this particular breed?
They are worth more...if you re buying from South Africa,you spend more on shipping and certification....There are lots of dogs that are more expensive than that.......
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by hectorswag(m): 11:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
Benz4pimp:
They are worth more...if you re buying from South Africa,you spend more on shipping and certification....There are lots of dogs that are more expensive than that.......
Okay, that's interesting. I've always loved dogs and plan to have several of them very soon; rare, beautiful and big breeds. cheesy
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by nairamaniac: 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
Blackmamber, what the health status of your Dog?

Are the eyes better now?

Meanwhile can we see pictures of the Dog's parents?

I love the breed also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Utah: Animal Trainer Saved In Alligator Attack ( Graphic Pix, Video) / SOLD! SOLD!! 4month BingLabBull Mastiffs For Sale To Go With That your New Ride! / Police Arrest Alsatian Dog For Robbery In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.