Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun (4342 Views)

9 Soldiers Pay Fine, For Using BRT Lane..... / Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name / We Saw Helicopters Dropping Arms, Food For Boko Haram – Idps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by pereze: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2011
Make it on the spot payment of #100 and you see will the magic. How many people can boast of having 18000 gees  their?
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by labbyboi(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2011
N20,000?? D penalty makes it look like a childs play, I think it should redress n dere should be stationed alternative in place.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by cmon(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2011
Things like this should be in born by now. So what happens when a 12 year old does this? Who says the fine?
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Blakjewelry(m): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2011
Like some1 rightly said, the first step is to provide the neccessary means for the easy disposal of waste. Then followed by law, orientation and sensitization of the public.
But as for the fine, i think it's too much on the high side i think N500 will be ok for easy payment.
If one pays N500 for N5 sachet as fine, next time he will think before acting and failing to pay should be given the option of doing any social service or end up in detention to be release unconditionally on the following day.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Kwenku: 10:47am On Jun 08, 2011
N20,000 is unrealistic to me eventhough there is good intent behind the policy as it will create good environment.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Kemjisuper(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2011
N20,000 ke? I hope this is not another Dimeji Bank-Ole tactic to loot money off the poor masses? undecided
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by anointedf(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2011
Egungun(masqurade) that extort money from pple will go to jail.

If you give money to beggars, you will go to jail.

If you . . .

I beg i tire for all these go to jail, go to jail,

Create jobs, create enabling environment for pple and improve welfare. Haba
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by ziga: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
What is so difficult about not throwing pure water sachet on the floor Dirty People!!!
In places where people think right, there need not be a fine. It should only be a simple instruction. . . Use it and trash it properly. But for Naija, it has to be different because we always too sabi.
Haba Nigerians!!!
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Biib: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
i think this picture was taken after work
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Biib: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
this fine is too much, and the state govt. should also increase the social standard of its citizens
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Maximip(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
Police go just use am chop money or whoever is to enforce it.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by oladayo042: 5:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
Another avenue for bribery and corruption to thrive. Enforcement will not be easy anyway.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by ziga: 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
anointed_f:

Egungun(masqurade) that extort money from pple will go to jail.

If you give money to beggars, you will go to jail.

If you . . .

I beg i tire for all these go to jail,  go to jail,

Create jobs, create enabling environment for pple and improve welfare. Haba

So, the excuse for throwing pure water sachet on the floor is unemployment

Biib:

this fine is too much, and the state govt. should also increase the social standard of its citizens

Do you have to be rich to not throw pure water sachet on the floor Isn't this law a means of increasing social standards

oladayo042:

Another avenue for bribery and corruption to thrive. Enforcement will not be easy anyway.

How about another avenue to keep the environment clean. Are we animals that we need the police/law to make sure we do not live like pigs

Nigerians!!! we are our own worst enemies. And with attitudes like this, we will be complaining about corruption. We definitely have the leaders that we deserve.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Odunnu: 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
Lol. Good thing other states are picking this method. Its been on in Enugu since 2007 and its a N5k penalty.
Inhabitants tend to be more conscious of their dirty habits then.
But then, N20k is on the high side.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by adefemi1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2011
the very poor people of osun state who cannot afford bottle water will now pay such a fee for just dropping pure water sachet haabaa is it a method by osun state to collect back all the money he gave them during election
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by ziga: 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
adefemi1:

the very poor people of osun state who cannot afford bottle water will now pay such a fee for just dropping pure water sachet haabaa is it a method by osun state to collect back all the money he gave them during election

This is the reason why we never see any change in Naija. Why can't the very poor people who can't afford bottle water JUST drop their pure water sachet in a dustbin
Unnecessary sentiments!!!
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Nathweezy(m): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sure say dem go take am serious
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by abohrandy: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2011
can they carry that rule to Anambra State??
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by anointedf(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2011
I am very sure the govt. is not interested in making money of the pple but to create the fear of messing the environ. Not against it anyway.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by otitokoro1: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
Obe deeee

Become a volunteer Man 'O' War and you become very rich, grin grin grin
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by PurestBoy(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
What of Eva bottled water drunk? N50,000 maybe, grin grin grin grin
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Sagamite(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
Useless law because of the magnitude of the fine. Most people in that region can hardly make that a month. So what are you going to do when they just don't have the means to pay? Lock them up? How much will that now cost the state for every day of the lock up?

Something within N2000 - N5000 will be more ideal.

The law will even be more useless if they do not provide alternative disposal bins/spots every 1 km or less and ensure the enforcers can only enforce based on reasonable evidence.
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by defman: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
They had better put checks and balances on the enforcement of this law. I foresee a future where police start arresting people with pure water in their hands saying they have the intent of dropping it on the ground
Re: N20,000 Fine For Dropping N5 Water Sachet In Osun by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
defman:

They had better put checks and balances on the enforcement of this law. I foresee a future where police start arresting people with pure water in their hands saying they have the intent of dropping it on the ground

Exactly what I am saying - Reasonable evidence!

What stops the enforcers permanently holding a water sachet and claiming people dropped it and extorting people by false accusation except they settle with N5K to avoid a N20K fine or jail?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex Niger Delta Militant General Tompolo buys private jet / I'm Seeing A Knife On The Neck Of Goodluck Jonathan. / BREAKING News!!! Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar Finally Supports Atiku,gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.