Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? (502 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k / Man Struggles With ATM Machine After His Money Got Stuck In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by able88(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
I was at the ATM today to make some little withdrawal and I heard some of the guys in the queue arguing that ATM machine can overpay or underpay. How true is it?

Has ATM machine ever underpaid or overpaid you?

How much?

And what did you do about it??
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by silvoclaira: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
Legally - you're not entitled to the extra cash - that's theft !… plain and simple.

If an ATM dispenses money to you in error, you should take it into the
branch as soon as possible.

Google
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by jaeyking(m): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Yea just once in 2020

I try 5k, after making the counting sound it showed unable to dispense cash.
I click ocontinue only to see transaction successful and a debit alert

I canceled and tried 5k again but this time I was given 5.5k the bank notes were 500 naira

After 3 days a reversal was done on my 5k.

So I had an extra 500 naira.

I didn't think machines could make such mistake. It was rare

Sha 2021 august dem do me 5k. Made payment on pos was debited and not received
Till now no reversal.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by neonly: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Actually ATM at Lawanson Lagos has over paid me before with over 4k though d machine trap half of the money I had to go inside d bank to tell them that machine teared my money which they gave me another good notes
That bank sabi chop my money with der service charge and all
so I no pity them at all
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by Coded081(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
No
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by Ejebleje: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
I've once been underpaid by 500 naira.
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by gbengaoyeladun(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
I was once overpaid like that in 2019...I went to the ATM to withdraw 5k but the ATM machine gimme 10k .....at the end of the transaction the ATM machine even said "thank you for banking with us"......I said don't mentioned..

1 Like

Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by Zico777(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:
I was once overpaid like that in 2019...I went to the ATM to withdraw 5k but the ATM machine gimme 10k .....at the end of the transaction the ATM machine even said "thank you for banking with us"......I said don't mentioned..
grin Badt guy
Re: Has ATM Machine Ever Underpaid Or Overpaid You? by able88(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2021
gbengaoyeladun:
Funny guy...

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Android POS Machine / Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 4 January 2022 / Product Details: How To Start A Profitable Car Tracker Installation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.