Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

How I Made My First Million Naira In The Midst Of A Pandemic - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made My First Million Naira In The Midst Of A Pandemic (458 Views)

What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Made My First Million Naira In The Midst Of A Pandemic by Igolonwaanyi(f): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
I love to tell this story, not because I made this money few months after graduating from University, but because it’s a tale on hidden opportunities.

You see, some months back, long before the dough landed on my Domiciliary account, I was sobbing in my boyfriend’s kitchen in Dabai Katsina. It was barely months after I wrote my last paper, one tough course on Psycho linguistics.

I was listless, grim, the future looked bleak. I felt all this even though one could say I was doing well for a fresh graduate — I was earning forty thousand naira as a content writer. It was the year 2019, when forty thousand naira had so much value, more like this year’s eighty thousand naira.

So I’d weep silently in my boyfriend’s kitchen. Wrought with so much emotion.

There were expectations from me, I — the first graduate in my family. There were things I needed to do. Responsibilities like fixing our home, clearing myself from Uni, and of course helping my siblings pull through.

So one thing led to another, and we were at the onset of a pandemic.

The world was shutting down, people were dying, hopes were lost, but I — the poor girl from a village in Ọlụ, was making cool money.

I was selling disposable nose masks, Lysol disinfectant, wipes, and gbogbotigbo to people in far away America, United Kingdom, and Canada.

How did this happen?

I had — and still have — a website that made me a middle man between long line of frustrated humans and Amazon sellers. What I simply did was apply for the Amazon Associate program, then became an affiliate partner.

Cool right? I wish it was all that easy.

Anyways, I don’t want to go into intricacies. But after a month, my Payoneer account had a couple of dollars, which grew and grew as the months went by.

So while businesses were shutting down and loans were piling up all over the world, I was making soft money. Anyways, not until Jeff Bezos woke up one day and ruined the commission rates.

I’m sharing this story today because I know lots of people are afraid to grab opportunity by the balls.

See, opportunity might not come dressed in beautiful cloak, might not be an online job, might look beyond your standards, but one good thing about it is that it pays off. It’ll only take patience and consistency.

I know someone who started by selling petty provisions in his hostel in Imo state University. Today he has two shops in two different hostels, and doing well by all means. I see him opening a chain of super markets in the future.

I once read of a young man who makes a million naira from selling soft drinks in traffic. Or is it the young girl in my street who started by hawking cup cakes in the environs of Imo State University. Today she has a shop, and a handful of apprentices. All these changes took place below three years.

So dear reader — including me of course — which opportunity are you overlooking?

(c) Chinwendu Okafọ

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million Naira In The Midst Of A Pandemic by iCauseTrouble: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
shocked
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira In The Midst Of A Pandemic by emmanex2000: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dear sir/ma,

I am olajide, the writing wizard. I am a content writer and a copy writer with years of experience.

I can write on various niches and subjects such as blog writing, automobile articles,seo-writing, financial articles, cryptoarticles and so on.

I deliver non-plagiarised and 100% grammer articles within the stipulated time .I also use quetext, plagarism detector, and copy space to check my work.

It will be my pleasure working with you.

Contact me via 07012809662
email@emmanueloladiti31@gmail.com.

Always at your service. Writing hub agency.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Big Nigerian Instagram Account For Sale, Its 300K+ FollowS [SOLD] / [revealed] 5 Paypal Business Model You Can Be Using To Make Money / Learn How To Get Daily 1gb For Free On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.