Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. (31392 Views)

Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun / I Won’t Refund Cost Of Flyovers To Rivers – Tinubu Tells Wike / Amaechi Built Five Flyovers, Rivers APC Replies Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by luizpippo(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
frowland:

Why did they use cable and piller at the same time? Doesn't make any sense as both are designed to do the same thing.
Unless the cables are just there for fancy, in which case it's a waste of money.

The cables are there for aesthetics.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Vickiebam: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dm me

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Felabrity: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Its pathetic and disturbing
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by springLogistics: 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
That must be champara state cheesy grin grin

Francashy:
I know a particular state in Nigeria(SE) that is still struggling to construct a single flyover lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by seyz91(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
not just flyovers, at 2021, anything infrastructure is not what nigerians should be celebrating at all

all these nonsense politicians do by commissioning Roads, Bridge and the likes is just nonsense to me and is more like they taking us for a ride

na since years back every governor, president dey commission road and all like there aren't better stuff for this people to do and move to next one
jmoore:
I have never praised a governor in Nigeria for constructing any flyover because all flyovers in Nigeria are just ordinary.

When your governor can deliver something like this, let me know.

We should stop celebrating mediocrity in this country.

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by realstars: 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Fly over is the simplest project for looting.

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Hawkler: 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:
Bros be realistic, the money the nigerian government budget for road construction won't be enough to do flyovers like these ones.

And it would take 3 different administration, each serving 2 terms before they would get to 80% completion..
The money is more than enough here in Nigeria to get a taste of these, do you really know the quantity of resources God engraved in each States...there are so many unchecked activities going underground in govt. ministries, House of rep. etc. That why unfortunately we can't attend the high to taste what we wanted in our country.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Crossroad1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dailymice:
If you see Germany in 1936, you'll know we are really FAR BEHIND. See the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6f7K4c-y8&t=247s
1936 looks like our own 2040
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by greenprince(m): 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:
Bros be realistic, the money the nigerian government budget for road construction won't be enough to do flyovers like these ones.

And it would take 3 different administration, each serving 2 terms before they would get to 80% completion..

That's a fat lie. Over inflated contracts and wickedness prevents you from seeing the truth.
It's easy to remind us we're not as rich as the US and China but our politicians live better than those from first world countries. The math ain't adding up at all.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by 2special(m): 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Skyview01:

I missed my route once, thank God for GPS.
oh that's Good, but there will be numerous traffic signs along the road.

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by OdefaGirl(f): 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
2special:
Omo, once you missed your route in this kind of bridge, nah Oyo you dey

Are we even organized to have it yet.... so many people will be sacked because they missed road grin grin... Don't mind me

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by realstars: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:
I know a particular state in Nigeria(SE) that is still struggling to construct a single flyover lipsrsealed

is it Abia?

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by toujurs: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
Developers this is what a simple flyover looks like. Pls let us hear word
Our selfish government can't achieve that
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by donforeign: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:

The money go reach remain...

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Evercurious(f): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:

Myopic Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
jmoore:
I have never praised a governor in Nigeria for constructing any flyover because all flyovers in Nigeria are just ordinary.

Do you know the money that's involve in this kind of flyover? The cost could exceed a state government annual budget. Except you want the government to focus on only flyover throughout the year
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Cruziero75: 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
I know right grin
Abia has entered Guiness Book of Record.

Francashy:

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by badman007(m): 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Wike is off to Mars
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by frowland(m): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
luizpippo:

The cables are there for aesthetics.

Hmmm
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by frowland(m): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Crossroad1:
1936 looks like our own 2040

Lol
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Themandator: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
jmoore:

You no get sense to see that the picture na that of links and intersections to different roads and areas and not just fanciful project

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by floss(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
Tell Gov. Wike and Rivers State residents.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Pardubice: 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=KanoFirstSon post=107653425]Developers didn’t allow us hear word at d launch of this mediocre project. Six months after, the flyover started cracking grin

The other ones have been building one flyover since 2014 grin

These flyovers ain’t their problem na Buhari be their problem. South east pls hold your leaders and politicians by their balls[
Said by Boko master... Ochi
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by seguno2: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
jmoore:

Why should we let you know when a flyover is delivered? Do flyovers maintain themselves all by themselves?
Or they are designed, built and maintained by educated people?

I will let you know when governors achieve 100% enrolment of children in government primary and secondary schools with adequate professional teachers and other workers etc.
Makes sense
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by seguno2: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:

How many flyover pictures have you used to buy things in the market, as legal tender money
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by kovic7(m): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
luizpippo:

Is it white elephant?

I thought they call the idiot white lion cheesy

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by seguno2: 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
helinues:
Quarter self is better than nothing. Some governors are not even doing anything at all.

Imagine a state governor residing in Abuja

Do you think that is because Abuja made him governor
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Champneys: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
jmoore:

Gbam!
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by afamaustin(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:

do u mean Abia state

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by jaxxy(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:

With our inflated contracts?? undecided
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Stanleyville(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
grin

Ah ah na...you wan to kee them??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu's Birthday Celebration: Obaseki, Peter Obi Attend / Aregbesola Congratulates Ademola Adeleke Osun West Senatorial By-Election Winner / Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.