Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. (31362 Views)

Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun / I Won’t Refund Cost Of Flyovers To Rivers – Tinubu Tells Wike / Amaechi Built Five Flyovers, Rivers APC Replies Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Luvvy01(f): 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Asiri1991: 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
I think the best flyover in west Africa is the one at Koumassi, Macory district, Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by ogagusps3: 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Fly overs in general are not useful in the long run cus they won't reduce congestion. All that money should go toward investment in public transport. Ask yourself why you don't see these elaborate flyovers in developed countries in western Europe.
Eventually you'll need more flyovers. This way of doing things is not sustainable.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by tsdarkside(m): 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
how are flyovers ordinary....??

have you drove through a city center before....??

its hell....
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Praktikals(m): 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:

It would take 3 different administration, each serving 2 terms before they would get to 80% completion..
I like your optimism. Lagos-Ibadan express road on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by tsdarkside(m): 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
ogagusps3:
Fly overs in general are not useful in the long run cus they won't reduce congestion. All that money should go toward investment in public transport. Ask yourself why you don't see these elaborate flyovers in developed countries in western Europe.
Eventually you'll need more flyovers. This way of doing things is not sustainable.

because they have more highways that bypass city centers....

flyovers is the best solution for nigeria for now....
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Yoighaman(m): 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
You are simply On Your Own (OYO) if you miss road for this kain flyover...
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by muheeb01(m): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
Country pass country now....there is underdeveloped,developing and developed country,I pray naija get it right one day
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by brizziedos(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
updatechange:
No Mind dem
I just tire!
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by ibietela2(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
jmoore:
I have never praised a governor in Nigeria for constructing any flyover because all flyovers in Nigeria are just ordinary.

When your governor can deliver something like this, let me know.

We should stop celebrating mediocrity in this country.

Which one is the chinese own?
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by ogascomax: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:
Bros be realistic, the money the nigerian government budget for road construction won't be enough to do flyovers like these ones.

And it would take 3 different administration, each serving 2 terms before they would get to 80% completion..

Not true but it is because they are wicked. We have most of the materials here in our country to make it work. Those nations you are talking are not really richer than us. Remember what David Cameron said, that what was looted in Nigeria for 30 years if it was taken from the UK, UK will ceased to exist.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by UncleJudax(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
NNtv:
My state is even building its first flyover, and they won't allow someone to hear word.

I pray for God to give me the financial strength to travel out of this country, at least to see the real world.
if no bi say people no go gree go back, Nigerians suppose de go Germany, Japan, South Korea, France etc for excursion.

May, just maybe they would demand for better governance.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Dunga2345: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:
I know a particular state in Nigeria(SE) that is still struggling to construct a single flyover lipsrsealed

Abia comes to mind...LOL

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Ashez: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:
I know a particular state in Nigeria(SE) that is still struggling to construct a single flyover lipsrsealed

After 6 years oooo since when it was kicked off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Paulo3ree(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
frowland:

Why did they use cable and piller at the same time? Doesn't make any sense as both are designed to do the same thing.
Unless the cables are just there for fancy, in which case it's a waste of money.

Nothing more
E schock you abi
Na so

Does it have the tensile strength to entertain the stress?

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by okechuks22: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
NNtv:
My state is even building its first flyover, and they won't allow someone to hear word.

I pray for God to give me the financial strength to travel out of this country, at least to see the real world.
that time u will know that there is heaven on Earth
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Samurano1: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:

Imo state
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by iyke2frankeze: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
Developers didn’t allow us hear word at d launch of this mediocre project. Six months after, the flyover started cracking grin

The other ones have been building one flyover since 2014 grin

These flyovers ain’t their problem na Buhari be their problem. South east pls hold your leaders and politicians by their balls

You are so obsessed with the developers that very soon, you will die of heart attack. Developers and skull miners which one is better? Abia state has failed in that aspect. Your culture grilling region has been Building airport since time immemorial in Osun State but developers did it in less than two years. Apart from Lagos, there is no other airport in the skull mining region except one poultry farm in a God forsaken state. How many states in your skull mining region constructed flyovers?

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Bigheart042(m): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Francashy:

I know
This I know is Enugu state
Lolzz
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
grin
Francashy:

grin
Francashy:

Lol! Do you mean Enugu or Abia?
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Ojycelarma: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
I see you trying to be realistic and I accept what you typed, but why Nigerian government dey tiff money like person wet never see money before?? Nigeria is poor but this government officials keep stealing the little we have, a lot of State no even dey productive most of dem need support still dem go still dey steal.

Whitemen really get us make I know lie, selling half of everything to Nigerians especially because I'm from Nigeria, Nigeria politicians no dey use eye see money dem go tiff am.

What's the meaning of Nigeria, why do we speak english as officials language and not our own indigenous language, why do we teach our kids in school stories of how Nigeria was named like we already forgot who we was before slavery, we would forever be in chains until our politicians decide to be leaders and free us of the suffering, but the politicians are still after personal gains and no matter how much dey steal they can never be as rich as their masters because does ones don steal all the treasure finish. Giant of Africa wey dem use enter una , Giant of Africa wey no fit broadcast live world cup qualify match efficiently... Break this goddam country and stop arguing shittttt!

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
3ple9ine:
Bros be realistic, the money the nigerian government budget for road construction won't be enough to do flyovers like these ones.

And it would take 3 different administration, each serving 2 terms before they would get to 80% completion..

Are you talking in real sense or corruption sense?

Cos Nigeria have all the money to build whatever they want
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Adakintroy: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
Cle rate your own archivements oo Nigerians no compare yourself to whites ooo. Them don de trekk come since God know when

Nigeria no de bible sef Romans ( Italy) de...Greece de bible, Egypt de bible. My point most of this civilization don old..don de collect tax since Jesus Christ de come. Soppose to don pass moon level by now if them use them money well since.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
Developers this is what a simple flyover looks like. Pls let us hear word

Oponu ni e
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by MARKone(m): 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
Alfamann:

Na war for you o. 1936 Berlin na paradise now.

Rome, 2000 years ago was better than Abuja today.

LMFAO!!
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by jmoore(m): 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
ibietela2:

Which one is the chinese own?
The first one is in Shanghai, China.

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Adakintroy: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Celebr rate your own archivements oo Nigerians no compare yourself to whites ooo. Them don de trekk come since God know when

Nigeria no de bible sef Romans ( Italy) de...Greece de bible, Egypt de bible. My point most of this civilization don old..don de collect tax since Jesus Christ de come. Soppose to don pass moon level by now if them use them money well since.

My pledge still remains to Nigeria my cou try to be faithfully loyal and honest. Those weh choose to beg Good save the queen na them know.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by sevenhundred(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
AmazingELixir:
grin

Op what is your problem with people celebrating development in their state..what have you as an individual contributed in your own state...have you even made tax returns before..?
not to his state but to his families as a person, we must appreciate good things, no matter how little or insignificant.
Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Ayomi90: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
AmazingELixir:
grin

Op what is your problem with people celebrating development in their state..what have you as an individual contributed in your own state...have you even made tax returns before..?
Is the Op an elected governor or elected president? The same person you couldn't provide job for u want him to contribute to his state, why are you so stupid? Mental slavery has really affected ur thinking.

1 Like

Re: Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. by Adaanna(f): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Is alright grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba's Diversion of N11bn Fuel Is Punishable By Death -DSS / Ekiti: MURIC Speaks On Why Fayemi Must Appoint Muslim Cabinet / Abacha Biggest Thief In World History’ – Omokri Replies El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.