Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun (16137 Views)

Lagos Assembly Passes 2023 Budget, Jacks It Up By N78bn / Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. / Rivers State Government, Julius Berger Sign Agreement To Contruct Three Flyovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Efezik007(m): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
Delta State Government has approved the award of contracts worth N78 billion to Julius Berger Nigeria Limited for the construction of three flyover bridges and road expansion in the Warri/Effurun megalopolis.

This was part of decisions reached at the State Executive Council meeting presided over by Governor Sheriff Oborevwori on Tuesday in Asaba.

Briefing journalists at the end of the Exco meeting, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works, Engr Fred Edafiogho said approval of the contracts were aimed at solving the gridlock often experienced in the twin cities.

He said the contracts included the design and construction of flyover bridge at Enerhen junction to Marine Gate; study, design and construction of road expansion and improvement works on the section of the DSC/NPA Expressway from Effurun roundabout to DSC roundabout including construction of a 3/4 Cloverleaf interchange at the existing Effurun Flyover Bridge as well as two pedestrian bridges.

Others are design and construction of flyover bridge at PTI junction and DSC roundabout along the Effurun/Patani, East-West highway, Effurun in Uvwie Local Government Area.

Mr Edafiogho further said that the project road expansion works on the DSC/NPA Expressway will provide two lanes of restricted carriageway at the centre for through-traffic and another two lanes of service road in each travel direction bring the current capacity of the road from four lanes to eight lanes.

He said side drains would be provided along the stretch to convey stormwater to the swamp that runs beside the road and pipeline in addition to provide free flow of traffic for a distance of 4.359km with cloverleaf interchanges and U-turns allowing for unimpeded flow.

He added that the four projects have a duration of 27 months with probable completion date of December 2025.

Commissioner for Works, (Highways and Urban Roads), Comrade Reuben Izeze said Governor Oborevworiโ€™s approval of the projects was in fulfillment of his promise to give Warri/Uvwie a face lift.

He said the justification for choosing Julius Berger was due to their experience and competitive pricing in relation to the quality of works and timely delivery of projects.

Also speaking, State Commissioner for Finance, Chief Fidelis Tilije said the contract was worth N78 billion while the state government would make 25 percent advance payment of N19.5 billion with the balance paid through an ISPO for 30 months.

Nigerian singer, Mohbad, dies at 27
Also speaking during the briefing, the Commissioner for Works in charge of Rural and Riverine Roads, Mr. Charles Aniagwu said that Governor Sheriff Oborevwori was deeply worried about the deplorable nature of federal roads across the state.

Mr. Aniagwu disclosed that the state Executive Council had directed the Ministries of Works (Highways and Rural Roads) to carry out remedial works on federal roads, particularly the Asaba-Benin Expressway and the Agbor-Eku Road with a view to making them more motorable for road users in the state.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/delta-govt-awards-n78bn-contract-for-flyovers-in-warri-effurun/amp/

Warri is about to get new look with this current adminstration.

God bless Gov sheriff.
God bless Delta State.

14 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Iriruaga100(m): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
Welcome development for the interchange flyover at roundabout. I donโ€™t think flyover at Enerhen junction is needed. They need to do the bridge from Enerhen to Opete solve the traffic problem at Udu bridge

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
Very good!
Very beautiful!

Please, our action governor equally look into the Ughelli - Otowvodo junction if I am correct. That place like the PTI junction also need a thorough facelift.

He canDO MORE! He will do MORE
God bless the Governor!
God bless PDP!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
The capital doesn't have 3 flyovers. ....ediots

Fix the capital for God damn sake

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Ladyclara002(f): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Alright
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Vinnie2000(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
God bless Ex Governor Ifeanyi Okowa for Stopping the USELESS party called APC from taking over Delta. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

That Criminal Thug, Omo-Agege almost Deceived Deltans, like Buhari did to Nigerians in 2015. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜’

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Christistruth00: 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Delta People you don hear where your Money went

Make sure they build it and don't share your money

Go and spread Mats in front of their Office and take up Residence there
If that is what it will take to make sure they build the flyovers so that in 2 years time you will not be hearing the Story of how the money vanished
.sit on their necks if you need to

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Vinnie2000(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
Felimax:
Very good!
Very beautiful!

Please, our action governor equally look into the Ughelli - Otowvodo junction if I am correct. That place like the PTI junction also need a thorough facelift.

He canDO MORE! He will do MORE
God bless the Governor!
God bless PDP!

God Bless PDP Jare.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

A Party where Everyone has Sense of belonging.๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Not the USELESS APC party that favours only Hausa/FULANIs and Yoruba Muslims. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜’

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

Which capital!
So all the ones Okowa do for there nor va reach una?

Get conscience I beg.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

God Bless PDP Jare.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

A Party where Everyone has Sense of belonging.๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Not the USELESS APC party that favours only Hausa/FULANIs and Yoruba Muslims. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜’

That is it!
PDP is very BOGUS when it comes to federal character.
May APC NEVER happen to Delta State.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
Christistruth00:
Delta People you don hear where your Money went

Make sure they build it and don't share your money

Go and spread Mats in front of their Office and take up Residence there
If that is what it will take to make sure they build the flyovers so that in 2 years time you will not be hearing the Story of how the money vanished
.sit on their necks if you need to

That cannot be Delta State.
Just leave am, we know where our Governors take dey get money.

All Delta State Governors so far are landmark governors. They are not perfect but still far better than what we have in most places.

7 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

God bless Ex Governor Ifeanyi Okowa for Stopping the USELESS party called APC from taking over Delta. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

That Criminal Thug, Omo-Agege almost Deceived Deltans, like Buhari did to Nigerians in 2015. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜’

Deltans fall my hand in the last election. For the first time they did not calculate it well.

I would have preferred the worst Atiku to that thing you have at Ask Rock.

After the failed presidential election and broad day robbery na once everybody eyes open.

APC - Tufia!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by OmekaguGCFR1: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Very good it would have more better if he do 1 in state capital asaba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Vinnie2000(m): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
Felimax:

Deltans fall my hand in the last election. For the first time they did not calculate it well.

I would have preferred the worst Atiku to that thing you have at Ask Rock.

After the failed presidential election and broad day robbery na once everybody eyes open.

APC - Tufia!

Very Correct, Brotherly. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

After Okowa's and Buhari's Failures, we decided to give PETER OBI/LP our votes, because truly, both PDP and APC failed us.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™‚

But The worst of Okowa/PDP is BETTER than anything that that Evil party called APC has to offer.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’

TRULY as you said, after Presidential Election where we saw the Machinations of the Broom Party @the National level,
the Eyes of Deltans open once!๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜Ž

We were Almost Deceived by Omo-Agege and his Cunning APC goons.
Thank God for Okowa! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by cadmanspize: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2023
26 Billion per flyover? And i was fuming to soludo's inflated flyover's cost. Now i know the problem of delta d oil producing state.
. This is a real curse on deltans?

11 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
OmekaguGCFR1:
Very good it would have more better if he do 1 in state capital asaba

This is how to talk and you can still be specific you will be so surprise they have it gazetted already.

Don't forget that about few days he went to launch the constructions of landmark project in the institutions there also. So Asaba as usual will get what they deserve.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
cadmanspize:
26 Billion per flyover? And i was fuming to soludo's inflated flyover's cost. Now i know the problem of delta d oil producing state.

Must you display this your thing in public everytime? Ok, can you show us the magnitude of the two projects let's compare them?

You nor know!
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Felimax(m): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Very Correct, Brotherly. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

After Okowa's and Buhari's Failures, we decided to give PETER OBI/LP our votes, because truly, both PDP and APC failed us.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™‚

But The worst of Okowa/PDP is BETTER than anything that that Evil party called APC has to offer.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’

TRULY as you said, after Presidential Election where we saw the Machinations of the Broom Party @the National level,
the Eyes of Deltans open once!๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜Ž

We were Almost Deceived by Omo-Agege and his Cunning APC goons.
Thank God for Okowa! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't want to talk about Obi because I honestly deeply know they only brought him in as a spoiler. I warned everyone that care to listen that they will never give Obi power, on several thread I did because I happen to be very close to an insider that was working for Omo-Agege and before all these became crystal he has already told me the template they are using.

Omo-Agege invested a lot to that last election. They were cold calling virtually every Deltan they could and I was shocked to my bones how they got the phone numbers of virtually every eligible voter in Delta State. It was so serious.

If not for the fact that PDP is a grassroot party and Okowa been from Delta North forget na APC for dey there by now.

Deltans became more foolish with the Obidient mantra, most especially the political kids who has never voted before every plea fell on deaf ears but when they saw what APC did at the presidential they hurriedly ran back to PDP.

By now even the widows on payroll for nor see food chop!
Thank God for Sheriff and I thank God for PDP.

The worst PDP is far better than the best APC! Now I know!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Solsix(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
The contract sum no be here

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Solsix(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
Felimax:

I don't want to talk about Obi because I honestly deeply know they only brought him in as a spoiler. I warned everyone that care to listen that they will never give Obi power, on several thread I did because I happen to be very close to an insider that was working for Omo-Agege and before all these became crystal he has already told me the template they are using.

Dey play
Omo-Agege invested a lot to that last election. They were cold calling virtually every Deltan they could and I was shocked to my bones how they got the phone numbers of virtually every eligible voter in Delta State. It was so serious.

If not for the fact that PDP is a grassroot party and Okowa been from Delta North forget na APC for dey there by now.

Deltans became more foolish with the Obidient mantra, most especially the political kids who has never voted before every plea fell on deaf ears but when they saw what APC did at the presidential they hurriedly ran back to PDP.

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Savedday2: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
What is even wrong with our leaders? Enerhen junction doesn't need flyover. The flyover that will be beneficial to the people is Udu. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Evestar200(f): 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Savedday2:
What is even wrong with our leaders? Enerhen junction doesn't need flyover. The flyover that will be beneficial to the people is Udu. Simple!
exacly

Na Udu need flyover now and two or more lanes roads because most of the population are moving towards there.

6 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by oweniwe(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

Learn to celebrate the blessing of others. Don't envy, jealous or covet others progress.

I'm from Delta North too but if I am Governor, I'll build 6 flyovers for effurun/udu/Warri/sef

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by figment232(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
Evestar200:
exacly

Na Udu need flyover now and two or more lanes roads because most of the population are moving towards there.
Enerhen junction has to be beautified anyhow ......if it takes a flyover for that to happen so be it....that place is a disgrace to warri and Uvwie.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Enice(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

The former governor fixed it for 8 years! What more do you want?

9 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by 9jahotblog: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Efezik007:
Delta State Government has approved the award of contracts worth N78 billion to Julius Berger Nigeria Limited for the construction of three flyover bridges and road expansion in the Warri/Effurun megalopolis.
This was part of decisions reached at the State Executive Council meeting presided over by Governor Sheriff Oborevwori on Tuesday in Asaba.

Briefing journalists at the end of the Exco meeting, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works, Engr Fred Edafiogho said approval of the contracts were aimed at solving the gridlock often experienced in the twin cities.

He said the contracts included the design and construction of flyover bridge at Enerhen junction to Marine Gate; study, design and construction of road expansion and improvement works on the section of the DSC/NPA Expressway from Effurun roundabout to DSC roundabout including construction of a 3/4 Cloverleaf interchange at the existing Effurun Flyover Bridge as well as two pedestrian bridges.
Others are design and construction of flyover bridge at PTI junction and DSC roundabout along the Effurun/Patani, East-West highway, Effurun in Uvwie Local Government Area.

Mr Edafiogho further said that the project road expansion works on the DSC/NPA Expressway will provide two lanes of restricted carriageway at the centre for through-traffic and another two lanes of service road in each travel direction bring the current capacity of the road from four lanes to eight lanes.

He said side drains would be provided along the stretch to convey stormwater to the swamp that runs beside the road and pipeline in addition to provide free flow of traffic for a distance of 4.359km with cloverleaf interchanges and U-turns allowing for unimpeded flow.

He added that the four projects have a duration of 27 months with probable completion date of December 2025.

Commissioner for Works, (Highways and Urban Roads), Comrade Reuben Izeze said Governor Oborevworiโ€™s approval of the projects was in fulfillment of his promise to give Warri/Uvwie a face lift.

He said the justification for choosing Julius Berger was due to their experience and competitive pricing in relation to the quality of works and timely delivery of projects.

Also speaking, State Commissioner for Finance, Chief Fidelis Tilije said the contract was worth N78 billion while the state government would make 25 percent advance payment of N19.5 billion with the balance paid through an ISPO for 30 months.

Also speaking during the briefing, the Commissioner for Works in charge of Rural and Riverine Roads, Mr. Charles Aniagwu said that Governor Sheriff Oborevwori was deeply worried about the deplorable nature of federal roads across the state.

Mr. Aniagwu disclosed that the state Executive Council had directed the Ministries of Works (Highways and Rural Roads) to carry out remedial works on federal roads, particularly the Asaba-Benin Expressway and the Agbor-Eku Road with a view to making them more motorable for road users in the state.

https://oasismagazine.com.ng/2023/09/delta-awards-n78bn-contract-for-flyovers-in-warri-effurun/
Warri is about to get new look with this current adminstration.

God bless Gov sheriff.
God bless Delta State.
good one that the contracts is been awarded to Julius Berger construction. Good one here. Julius Berger will do fantastic work oooo

5 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by 9jahotblog: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
cadmanspize:
itโ€™s not only flyovers joor. Series of kilometres of roads will be constructed too.

6 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by MrEverest(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
Non for the state capital?
Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Stargirl13: 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
MrEverest:
Non for the state capital?
Did you say this When Okowa Neglected other places for Asaba and His village?

Abi na Asaba dey produce the oil?

12 Likes

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Vinnie2000(m): 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
Felimax:

Deltans did Right by Massively supporting Peter Obi/LP. ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™‚

The Okowa's regime did Poorly, and Buhari's own was 5x Worse!๐Ÿ˜’

So Why won't we seek for a Good Alternative like Peter Obi?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™‚

Other South south states, Nassarawa, Taraba, FCT, and others did Support him, too, due to the FAILURE of PDP and APC.๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™

But PDP is Far better than APC in any level. sad

The Presidential Elections was indeed an Eye opener for Deltans.๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜

When we saw the Riggings and Dirty Play of APC, we quickly embraced PDP.๐Ÿ™‚

Omo-Agege and his APC Goons nearly got us deceived, like Bubu did to Nigerians in 2015!.
Thank God he did NOT succeed. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Awards N78bn Contract For Three Flyovers In Warri, Effurun by Stargirl13: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

Go force Sherrif to fix am If na the Capital dey produce the oil.
The 8 years wey Okowa used take fix am never reach.

Nonsense.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

India Must Go / Demolished Mushin Market,-pictures / Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.