Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon (5838 Views)

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun / Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by OAM4J: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
snthesis:

as stated by Blue tooth- the rise in the price of kerosene is caused by some unscrupulous suppliers of Diesel. initially due the the price difference btw diesel (=N=110) and kerosine (=N=50.00) 2008 thereabouts. some evil geniuses came up with a way of beating the competition - a mixing formulae was developed- for a typical 33000 liter truck, the suppliers buys 20,000 litres of diesel and mixes it with 13,000 liters of kerosine in what is popularly termed "rice and beans". the beauty of this mixture is it still meets the octane range required by the diesel engines. unfortunately the trend caught on and every tom, manliness and harry is into this mixing, the resultant is the perpetual scarcity of kerosene. and the law of demand/supply and price takes full effect- basically the price of kerosene goes up- shikena!!!!! tongue tongue

Whao! This is not funny at all! Nigeria!!!
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by chisomquee: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2011
A gallon of kerosene was 1300 last week Friday, gas is cheaper and faster,but when there is scarcity of gas,what happens?GEJ start working .
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by omoalaro: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
Quote from SanFranc
Wonder why a large percentage of our educated population still uses kerosene powered stoves to cook!

The merits of LPG over Kerosene are too numerous--cleaner, faster, readily available, cheaper, flame can be regulated and its more environmentally friendly.

We produce enough LPG in Nigeria to make it the energy of choice for every family but our LPG loading terminals are designed only for big ships and the receiving terminals in the ports are designed for small ships.
Result is that Big LPG ships come to load and transported abroad and small LPG ships go abroad to load and discharge in Lagos the same LPG we produced here in Nigeria.
Solution.
1. Build a jetty that can handle the same type of ship at both the loading and discharge terminals.
2. Give priority to LPG ships wanting to discharge at the Lagos port instead of waiting and accumulating demurrages
3. Build LPG bottling facilities close to LPG producing companies and ship them out to distribution outlets.
Benefits include all in the quotation above and 12.5Kg can be as low as below N1,000
The current solution of baby ship lying alongside mother ship on the high sea is not sustainable or cost effective.
I believe any of the above solution can not take more than 18months to achieve if we truly want to bring an end to these kerosene problems.
But Government must be ready to confront those who are currently profiting from status quo.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by ruth42k3(f): 3:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
hmmmmmmmm N850 noooooo its N1200 nw oooo i wonder where we are going in this country.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^ Are you using Gas?
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
all i can say is what a fresh air indeed
and we still got four more years to go sa
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by honeric01(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ Are you using Gas?

Must everyone use gas?
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
honeric01:

Must everyone use gas?

Just wanting to get the kerosene users tell us their side of this, after reading the accusations from the gas users.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
When gas gets expensive, they'd all come and say why are they using gas when there's kerosene.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
Ofource in the unique situation, you ought not to run out of gas in a country where gas is flared/wasted year after year.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by honeric01(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
Yet the same gas is being mixed with kerosene just as someone said, if it's that cheap and available, why then are some marketers mixing it up with kerosene?

Yet the same PHCN complains of lack of adequate gas supply.

Useless country occupied with mostly useless people.

BTW, what is the usefulness of a collective Nigeria to the world at large?
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
Usefulness of a collective Nigeria to the world at large? What a strange, yet interesting question. Care to explain what you really mean there? undecided undecided
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by kl2020: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
when will somebody ever hear good news about that   sh*&&!t   h@$$#le country?,  all the stories are forever negative, black africans!!!!!
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by honeric01(m): 5:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Usefulness of a collective Nigeria to the world at large? What a strange, yet interesting question. Care to explain what you really mean there? undecided undecided

You should be able to grasp the question without anymore explanation with the way Nigeria and Nigerians look like right now.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^ Well, I just want to be sure you are really asking what I think you are asking. Are you suggesting that Nigeria as a whole seems all useless or something?
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Well, I just want to be sure you are really asking what I think you are asking. Are you suggesting that Nigeria as a whole seems all useless or something?
lol ignore that guy jare, lwkmd
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by honeric01(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Donlittle:

lol ignore that guy jare, lwkmd

Oh God, another one grin

Kobojunkie:

Not far fetched.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by mrofficial(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Donlittle, you no won answer me, abi? Because you be Don. God dey ooo.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
honeric01:

Oh God, another one grin
Not far fetched.

I don't think that at all. Like I have said from my first day on Nairaland, the problem with Nigeria, and Africa, as a whole, is the people -- we are too complacent, too accepting of nonsense our forefathers would not have stood for. And not until we start believing we deserve better, we are likely to continue experiencing nothing better than what we continue to get.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by honeric01(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^

Do you actually think you answered my question? undecided
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2011
mr.official:

@Donlittle, you no won answer me, abi? Because you be Don. God dey ooo.
wetin be your question na?? so many people post thread, so i no fit read am finish smiley smiley
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2011
honeric01:

^^^
Do you actually think you answered my question? undecided

Well, I could not directly answer your question because it assumes it is possible to measure the usefulness of a society that has yet to explore it's potentials.
I see a nation of people who are still too caught up in their own selfishness to understand the fire that has been burning on the mountain is about to swoop down on their village, and annihilate them, if they do not wake up soon.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Roland17(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
GEJ, keep pretending like you don't know what happening, i trust my mama, she go don revert to firewood or coal.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
Roland17:

GEJ, keep pretending like you don't know what happening, i trust my mama, she go don revert to firewood or coal.
LMFAO, omo me self trust my people for village o, na firewood and sun them go they use now
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by mrofficial(m): 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Donlittle, I say gimme your yahoo ID or BB PIN make we yarn jare.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
mr.official:

@Donlittle, I say gimme your yahoo ID or BB PIN make we yarn jare.
u don see am?
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by youngmonie: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
loool!!, the oil croonies and PDP election sponsors av to recoup their election expenses
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by micath09(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
may be there should be minister for kerosine 2 regulates the prices of kerosene.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
OH Crikes no . . . . grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
micath09:

may be there should be minister for kerosine 2 regulates the prices of kerosene.
have been thinking about this for now
new office, about 100 million will be spent, for inauguration, 50 million, car, 10 million, body guards 20 million naira, salary = dead
so fucckkker, no angry
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2011
nigerians are so myopic, we worry only for the now.
I thought a lot of us were celebrating saying for the first time, there was no fuel scarcity during d yuletide period. Kerosene was already scarce n expensive then, so why are we lamenting nw.
Something tells me we would soon witness hikes in petroleum products.
Re: I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon by mrofficial(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2011
Donlittle:

u don see am?
'

Nope. Post am here then edit the post later or make am visible for your profile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Describe Buhari In Two Words / Osun Provides Free Lagos-osogbo Train Services For Easter / Nnamdi Kanu Or Tb Joshua Who Is The Real Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.