Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. (4588 Views)

EndSARS Judicial Panel Report Features On CNN (Video) / IGP Receives NPF Panel Report On DCP Abba Kyari / Magu To Be Promoted AIG Despite ‘damning’ Salami Panel Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by BigSarah(f): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

He was the accused and he was not a trained investigator working for the state to investigate himself and submit a report to convict himself in a court of law, so of what relevance was this to his case and this topic.

You did not think that through, find a better and more sensible ideology or logic.

I don't think we're talking about the same case

He raped a girl and was brought in for questioning, the case also involved Forensics..
DNA analysis of body fluids and semen
He claimed the semen found on the girls privates wasn't a 100% match with his..
Whereas there were CCTV footage as well as other Factors that hinted he was at the scene..
Can't remember the whole details now though..

Well cheers!
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by FreeStuffsNG: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2021
techWriter3:
It's unfortunate that a young man is protecting a atrocity.I Pathetic the next gen.
He is using facts to establish that truth is in peril if this report is having these unsubstantiated and shallow assumptions and you don't think it's important? And you are a Youth? Is it that you too can't download the report and read to find out and confirm what OP is raising and you are a 'writer' ? undecided

The same report that allegedly recommended that senior members of the military be disciplined could not provide incontrovertible evidence? Those guys they indicted in an untidy manner will sue that committee and LASG if the allegations made against them are not backed with evidence.
So far, only one person died at Lekki and it was not due to fatal shooting by the soldiers. This report is untidy. I wish they are more thorough. We all want to know who died in Lekki so we can join others to demand justice for them but we are being frustrated by the percieved incompetence the OP is raising in the report.
If you have facts from the report to counter it, please bring it forward. As it stands now, there's no massacre anywhere and not even Lekki. This report just gave a seal to the claim by FG that the alleged lekki incident is a massacre without dead bodies.

Nairaland is looking for traffic and no mainstream media , including Channels TV, fell for the irresponsible way Seun is pushing a narrative to beat other platforms for the traffic on EndSars report. They once allowed a social media agenda to hijack truth but this time, they will study the report line by line before making any report. Some of the points raised by OP is already a source of concern for the mainstream media because they can't manufacture untruth brazenly like the social media and Seun's Nairaland without facing the consequence.

We must get justice for everyone and the process of getting true victims is as important as the justice for the alleged victims.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by BigSarah(f): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

We are saying the same thing, the report is den say den say..

No investigation, no evidence, no crime scene forensics and analysis..

Can you provide ten convictions done in Nigeria from Forensics?

That's too much give me 3
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 8:25am On Nov 16, 2021
[s]
luizpippo:

Majority you say, yet the panel listed 11 deaths from the toll plaza, which is far from majority.

Basically means we were only able to prove that 11 of the corpse where from the toll plaza massacre since we were unable to identify most.

Meaning that your definition of most was overtly satisfied.

11 from 96 is 85 so why are you ranting like your corpse was amongst the 96?[/s]

Unfortunately for you, Mr elementary read and comprehend, you seem to lack the very thing you advocate for others to possess.

I'm not interested in your rubbish, were the victims identified, DNA tested and tied to the toll gate, was the crime scene processed and investigated?

Again, majority could be 95 out of 96, learn basic English...
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 8:28am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

Can you provide ten convictions done in Nigeria from Forensics?

That's too much give me 3

Is it ok to convict and send people to prison without evidence and investigation? Y or No.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by alphaNomega: 8:28am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Back to sender and you and your family and your entire generation X 999999999990000000000000000000 X 9999999999999999990000000000 Trillion.
Why say this if you believe no one died at the toll gate?

I don't know why you choose to believe known liars when they bring stories to your ears. Eye witness accounts have been consistent about the events of October, 2020 but your government has been changing the narrative every opportunity it gets.

From army saying they were not there, to later saying they were there but did not fire, to accepting they fired blanks. The governor Sanwoolu denied inviting the army to saying he has no control over the army.

All this drama government is putting up is for one singular purpose, To resume collection of monies from the tollgate they don't care what they say or do as long as they achieve it.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

I don't think we're talking about the same case

He raped a girl and was brought in for questioning, the case also involved Forensics..
DNA analysis of body fluids and semen
He claimed the semen found on the girls privates wasn't a 100% match with his..
Whereas there were CCTV footage as well as other Factors that hinted he was at the scene..
Can't remember the whole details now though..

Well cheers!

Was he convicted and if he was, was it via investigation, DNA, forensics and crime scene evidence collected and presented by state prosecutors? Yes or No.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 8:36am On Nov 16, 2021
alphaNomega:
Why say this if you believe no one died at the toll gate?

I don't know why you choose to believe known liars when they bring stories to your ears. Eye witness accounts have been consist about the events of October, 2020 but your government has been changing the narrative every opportunity it gets.

From army saying they were not there, to later saying they were there but did not fire, to accepting they fired blanks. The governor Sanwoolu denied inviting the army to saying he has no control over the army.

All this drama government is putting up is for one singular purpose, To resume collection of monies from the tollgate they don't care what they say or do as long as they achieve it.

I said the report is all den say den say and this one is proving me right?

This one is not serious at all..

1 Like

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by BigSarah(f): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

Is it ok to convict and send people to prison without evidence and investigation? Y or No.

No, of course not. At least you agree that currently forensics has no play in our justice system.

A whole year this panel lasted, one full year investigation. And are you trying to say there was no investigation and evidence?
Ahann e beru olorun...
"By what is obtainable in Nigeria and the funds provided to the panel by LASG and FG the panel did a satisfactory job Nigeria standard."
My quote was hinted in the report
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by BigSarah(f): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

Was he convicted and if he was, was it via investigation, DNA, forensics and crime scene evidence collected and presented by state prosecutors? Yes or No.

The Forensics wasn't exactly what nailed him since it wasn't a perfect match..
I'm sure even if forensics was included in the report and it wasn't sound that'll be the basis of your argument...
So you see the similarities between your stance and adedoja 's?
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by blackmantis: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
He is using facts to establish that truth is in peril if this report is having these unsubstantiated and shallow assumptions and you don't think it's important? And you are a Youth? Is it that you too can't download the report and read to find out and confirm what OP is raising and you are a 'writer' ? undecided

The same report that allegedly recommended that senior members of the military be disciplined could not provide incontrovertible evidence? Those guys they indicted in an untidy manner will sue that committee and LASG if the allegations made against them are not backed with evidence.
So far, only one person died at Lekki and it was not due to fatal shooting by the soldiers. This report is untidy. I wish they are more thorough. We all want to know who died in Lekki so we can join others to demand justice for them but we are being frustrated by the percieved incompetence the OP is raising in the report.
If you have facts from the report to counter it, please bring it forward. As it stands now, there's no massacre anywhere and not even Lekki. This report just gave a seal to the claim by FG that the alleged lekki incident is a massacre without dead bodies.

Nairaland is looking for traffic and no mainstream media , including Channels TV, fell for the irresponsible way Seun is pushing a narrative to beat other platforms for the traffic on EndSars report. They once allowed a social media agenda to hijack truth but this time, they will study the report line by line before making any report. Some of the points raised by OP is already a source of concern for the mainstream media because they can't manufacture untruth brazenly like the social media and Seun's Nairaland without facing the consequence.

We must get justice for everyone and the process of getting true victims is as important as the justice for the alleged victims.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria

You would be insulted for asking searching questions and not following the bandwagon.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 8:54am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

The Forensics wasn't exactly what nailed him since it wasn't a perfect match..
I'm sure even if forensics was included in the report and it wasn't sound that'll be the basis of your argument...
So you see the similarities between your stance and adedoja 's?

What nailed him, that was my question.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 8:57am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

No, of course not. At least you agree that currently forensics has no play in our justice system.

A whole year this panel lasted, one full year investigation. And are you trying to say there was no investigation and evidence?
Ahann e beru olorun...
"By what is obtainable in Nigeria and the funds provided to the panel by LASG and FG the panel did a satisfactory job Nigeria standard."
My quote was hinted in the report

Thanks for that honest answer, that's all that matters, the rest of your post is irrelevant.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2021
Nathaniel Solomon spoke to Punch how his brother died at Lekki Toll Gate, but same Nathaniel Solomon also died inside the panel’s report.

This panel no go kill pesin with lafta sha..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by alphaNomega: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

I said the report is all den say den say and this one is proving me right?

This one is not serious at all..

So the report should not contain eye witness accounts? You are not a serious human being.

Rain fell on Tuesday.

Eye witnesses said truly rain fell on Tuesday. There were live video streams showing it happen.

Your government said it was not there on Tuesday, then later said there there was no rain, subsequently said it was not rain.

Where I agree with you is that the report is filled with skewed information.

I know government killed protesters at lekki tollgate on 20.10.20 and I do not need any damn report to prove it or convince me.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 9:12am On Nov 16, 2021
alphaNomega:

So the report should not contain eye witness accounts? You are not a serious human being.

Rain fell on Tuesday.

Eye witnesses said truly rain fell on Tuesday. There were live video streams showing it happen.

Your government said it was not there on Tuesday, then later said there there was no rain, subsequently said it was not rain.

Where I may agree with you is that the report is filled with skewed information.

I know government killed protesters at lekki tollgate on 20.10.20 and I do not need any damn report to prove it or convince me.

This is the only response you deserve.

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by alphaNomega: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

This is the only response you deserve.

I do not need a report to tell me what I saw in real-time. People were killed and their corpses taken away by the Nigerian army. This is what I saw!

If you did not see it, and to not believe people were killed at the tollgate that day, it is your own cup of tea.

This skewed report is the effort of government to make nonsense of what happend that day and resume toll collection as soon as possible.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2021
alphaNomega:

I do not need a report to tell me what I saw in real-time. People were killed and their corpses taken away by the Nigerian army. This is what I saw!

If you did not see it, and to not believe people were killed at the tollgate that day, it is your own cup of tea.

This skewed report is the effort of government to make nonsense of what happend that day and resume toll collection as soon as possible.

You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by bergs2: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2021
Ovamboland:

Are facts dependent on age?

Experience is what tells you to watch your steps;
It is also what you get when you don't.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by BigSarah(f): 9:29am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

Thanks for that honest answer, that's all that matters, the rest of your post is irrelevant.

The onsite forensic DNA analysis you're going for can't even be done in Nigeria for this particular massacre..

Because there's no known DNA profile for all victims Nigeria has no DNA database , so even if the site was not tampered with, there's no specific way of identifying all of the victims . Since all of the corpse were taken away by the military...

So the methods used to end this case is very satisfactory and my comments are relevant
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

The onsite forensic DNA analysis you're going for can't even be done in Nigeria for this particular massacre..

Because there's no known DNA profile for all victims Nigeria has no DNA database , so even if the site was not tampered with, there's no specific way of identifying all of the victims . Since all of the corpse were taken away by the military...

So the methods used to end this case is very satisfactory and my comments are relevant

We do DNA all the time, we did mass DNA collection and analysis for 153 victims of the Dana Air Crash in Lagos.

Stop spewing tales, it is not by force to comment.

1 Like

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by alphaNomega: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Is this one normal at all?
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2021
alphaNomega:

Is this one normal at all?

You must be abnormal to think you are entitled to your facts, stick to your meaningless opinion.
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by Help2020: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:
Number 2.

They did not identify or do any forensics or DNA to ascertain the IDs of the so-called dead people, so how did they conclude that deaths occurred at the toll gate that they did not investigate or collected any trace evidence from.

People just showed up to claim that they lost family members and they just swallowed it without DNA to even make sure that they are related or they dead people actually came from the toll gate.

This is just too embarrassing..
Are you mad or what?
They gave you the names of those that dead and you're still saying nonsense
Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by XXXXTENTACION: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2021
Paid online keyboard troll spending 24hours just to spread propaganda and defend the useless government... undecided
A human being with his senses intact would not waste his time to create this senseless thread... undecided
whether you believe the report or not it does not change anything...
get a bucket and cry yourself to death or better still get a strong rope and hang yourself to death...
useless piss drinking paid online troll...

2 Likes

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by plaindealer: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
This is also funny, just imagine, this was not a serious panel, they sound more like pami joint, illiterate and petty rummer monger and gossip panel.

They just type baseless and unsubstantiated rubbish, insinuations, assumptions and unverified claims.

This is the kid of rubbish you expect from roadside illiterates, not a judicial panel with educated people.

Re: Why The Lekki Toll Gate Panel Report Is Trash. Caption. by BigSarah(f): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2021
plaindealer:

We do DNA all the time, we did mass DNA collection and analysis for 153 victims of the Dana Air Crash in Lagos.

Stop spewing tales, it is not by force to comment.

Sir it was a parentage DNA testing that was done back then to help families claim the corpse...
The people in the plane their identity is already known, but LASG needed to verify the corpse are going to the families of the deceased
Not the kind needed in a crime scene, there was no DNA bank or anything just comparison between the dead and a living family member...
So you are wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Except Nigerians Are Fools, This Insult Is Too Much Already!!!! / Why Naira May Not Be Easily Counterfeited – Cbn ! / Japanese, Chinese Investors Plan Completion Of Anambra’s Orient Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.