Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy (38818 Views)

Photo Of Susan Oleghe, The Lady Electrocuted At Obi Cubana's Club In Abuja / Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by micxwell(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Grgton:
nothing like negligence here!! She was electrocuted ! Uncertainties do happen! Cubana or his company can't be charged for murder
Funny you. Did I hear you say Uncertainties!
There's no occupation or workplace without a hazard (a source that has the potential to cause harm). Knowing this, by law, Employers/Business owners have the responsibility to make sure that the workplace, equipments, work methods etc they use are reasonably safe and shouldn't cause harm to anyone that is affected by their activities directly or indirectly. Their clients are inclusive hence, they're in for a long thing if it were a sane country hmm but na NAIJA we dey na. Nothing spoil.

1 Like

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by aribisala0(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2021
Grgton:
nothing like negligence here!! She was electrocuted ! Uncertainties do happen! Cubana or his company can't be charged for murder
We do not have all the facts .

Let us leave Obi Cubana out of it and treat the club as a legal person.
People do not go to clubs to get electrocuted. If that happens it should be investigated
1. Was it sabotage /terrorism
2. Was it a lack of adherence to health and safety regulations etc

"uncertainties do happen" is not how the law works.

On the surface of it if there is an "unexpected death" and somebody should be responsible in TORT . Where I differ is that I do not think at this stage it should be attributed legally to Obi Cubana though he cannot escape damage to his brand/reputation

If a person goes to a petrol station and gets killed by an explosion there is a TORT

"uncertainties happen" is not enough

After the accident did the club offer medical assistance?
As a business/company if somebody dies in your swimming pool you could be liable depending on the circumstances

1 Like

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 16, 2021
juman:
Electrocution in club.
This is another level.

They don't deserve to run a club.
they don't deserve to run a club ?? How about Government hospitals?? Where we have nonchalant Medica attendants?? Most times go on strike, leaving people to suffer?? Most end up losing their loved ones, what do you call that??
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2021
aribisala0:
We do not have all the facts .

Let us leave Obi Cubana out of it and treat the club as a legal person.
People do not go to clubs to get electrocuted. If that happens it should be investigated
1. Was it sabotage /terrorism
1. Was it a lack of adherence to health and safety regulations etc

"uncertainties do happen" is not how the law works.
On the surface of it if there is an "unexpected death" and somebody should be responsible in TORT . Where I differ is that I do not think at this stage it should be attributed legally to Obi Cubana though he cannot escape damage to his brand/reputation

If a person goes to a petrol station and gets killed by an explosion there is a TORT

"uncertainties happen" is not enough

okay we are watching as the results get unfolded..
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by PoliteActivist: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

Your head get oil jare

Some just quoting me and yarning dust anyhow

He said the Company should be held liable, you said Obi Cubana. See the difference, genius?
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by dele1727: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2021
Grgton:
to ascertain the cause of her sudden death!! At this point the police is not satisfied with the circulating report that she was electrocuted. .. this is a critical investigation on going.

So you don't have to say cubana should be held for negligence now

So suddenly....you now believe and trust the police
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by juman(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Grgton:
they don't deserve to run a club ?? How about Government hospitals?? Where we have nonchalant Medica attendants?? Most times go on strike, leaving people to suffer?? Most end up losing their loved ones, what do you call that??

Common!
Do you have conscience?
Electrocution in club, bar, restaurant etc.
Is totally unacceptable.
If you don't know how to run a safe place for public gathering do something else.

1 Like

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by aribisala0(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2021
A person in individual capacity buys acres of farmland
He contract some people to clear the land which is full of trees
In the process of doing this one of the felled trees killed a woman who was selling food to the workers and her daughter

What is the legal liability of the land owner?

PLENTY

people need to know how the law works

It is completely different if the same owner used a limited liability company to buy the land. He may disown totally all personal/individual responsibility
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2021
PoliteActivist:

He said the Company should be held liable, you said Obi Cubana. See the difference, genius?

At least obi Cubana is part of the company
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2021
PoliteActivist:

As Buhari should be held liable for the building that collapsed in Lagos.
Vast majority of Nigerians love Obi Cubana and wish him well and you can't change that
Rest bro
I don't hate him

1 Like

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by VULCAN(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2021
Don't hide behind your envy to be doing fake social justice.

When your bank double charges you do you arrest the MD?

Stupidity at its finest.

Mtscheww
kinzation:
Obi Cubana should be held liable for Negligence undecided undecided
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2021
victorazy:

Bros what are you saying?
That somebody (a customer) died in your house and you may not be liable?

This is pure negligence
2ndly the manager and group can also be sued for irresponsibility and more for being at sleep when there was an incident.

If God come punisham the family come hire wicked and intelligent lawyer they will stwist all the blame on the manager that had it been he acted fast her life would have been saved.
Bro relax
Exactly what I'm saying too
That's what I explained in my other mentions as well
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2021
dele1727:

So suddenly....you now believe and trust the police
police are doing their investigation! But I hope it's not a conspiracy
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Kobicove(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2021
It looks like a lot of people are happy with this news undecided
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Chicky34: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2021
Dakun sorry o ogbeni pls what's religion's biz with what's on ground now? Anwer me that

Nilx:
Well I don’t have anything to say but why do religious people often comfortably deceive themselves?
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2021
VULCAN:
Don't hide behind your envy to be doing fake social justice.

When your bank double charges you do you arrest the MD?

Stupidity at its finest.

Mtscheww

Oga wise man
Mumu man
Mr know it all
Your blind thinking sees my comment from a jealous angle which isn't
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2021
juman:

Common!
Do you have conscience?
Electrocution in club, bar, restaurant etc.
Is totally unacceptable.
If you don't know how to run a safe place for public gathering do something else.
how about a strong wind and thunderstorms that could destroy farms, buildings!! Will you hold the weather for negligence You see she was electrocuted, just like where in a case you have a nepa official electrocuted while trying to disconnect a wire.
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Xclusivedaniel6:

Ha, your moral compass is beyond comprehension
And your moral decadence is something that amuse me
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:55am On Nov 16, 2021
Grgton:
What's the cause of electrocution
Reason the chain of events na
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

What's the cause of electrocution
Reason the chain of events na
are you saying the cause might come From the company?? Obviously on a rare cases!!
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Originalsly: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2021
Hmmm.... I expected the Police to shut down the club and treat it as a crime scene ... and along with the City to investigate if there were electrical problems. The club owner has decided to shut the club down ... not to mourn or out of respect for the victim .... but to correct whatever problem lead to her death.
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Grgton:
are you saying the cause might come From the company?? Obviously on a rare cases!!

The incident happened in the club now
And it was the negligence of the club that led to the young lady's death.

In law, Hustke and bustle is an entity. And if case were to be taken it's Hustle and Bustle vs Susan 2021
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by dele1727: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2021
This why this country is like this....

Look at how people are trying to rationise another person's death....

Uncertainty happens?.... should we ask Uncertainty to happen to your families?
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by odomanis: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Sergio101:

But he has someone managing the club for him.
Point finger correctly Mr Man

I tire o. This guy has over 7 clubs and hotels, he has managers running them. He is not directly in charge. They should please free him.
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Nilx:
Well I don’t have anything to say but why do religious people often comfortably deceive themselves?

It’s called ‘denial’
-Living in denial.

When something is beyond your comprehension or mental capacity, you settle for the easy way out.
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Solatium(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
In a saner clime the owner of that business place will not only be charged for manslaughter but he will also pay heavily to the family.
but hey this is Nigeria where money talks
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

In law, Hustke and bustle is an entity. And if case were to be taken it's Hustle and Bustle vs Susan 2021
if you can conclude this way, that means you are saying that the company electrocuted her on purpose!!

It's not true. If the police investigation can prove that with no reasonable doubt, then cubaba should be held liable
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Psalmistproject: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:
Obi Cubana should be held liable for Negligence undecided undecided

Ewu!! Just as dangote should be held liable to the reckless driving of his truck drivers that has led to scores of deaths over the years? Go school una no go gree. Someone was employed to prevent issues like this from happening.
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

negligence of the club in what aspect What if after the investigation, the electrical appliances are in good working condition before it happened, on who's negligence will it be thrown at ??
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Roysnickz: 11:21am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

Lol
This isn't jealousy bro
Fine the manager who oversees things should be questioned but if the family if the deceased decided to sue, who will be taken to court?
The manager abi
Before far? You think Obi Cubana will be sued for this? For what bro? Him and the company are two different entities which can sue and be sued in the eye of the law. You can't sue the company for a crime committed by Obi Cubana neither can you sue Mr. Obi for a crime committed by the company.
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

And your moral decadence is something that amuse me
Ose professor of linguistics���

Sha gimme your number make we dey view each others status

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am Based In Germany, If You Need Anything Let Me Know / Naira Fall: CBN Blames Nigerians Travelling To UK, US, Others For Schooling / How Can I Make Money With Liberty Reserve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.