Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? (1281 Views)

Nigerian Army Raided The Hideout Of Bandits Killing Two After Tip-off In Kaduna / How Do I Tip Off The Authorities Anonymously? / How Can One Report A Fraud Anonymously To The Police? Efcc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
The Nigerian Police Usually Sensitize The Public By Using The Mantra:
“If You See Something, Say Something, And Do Something”
But then, if you see a hidden crime, or you heard some people planning of commiting a crime, or you have some intelligence tips to share with the police, and you headed to the Nearest Police Station to give them a tip-off, they would tell you to write a police statement.
They would demand for your full identification details, and they would also demand for every information about you.
Even if you called the police on any of the numbers they gave out to the public during their sensitisations, the receiver of your call would still direct you to go to any Police Station nearest to you.
And when you get to the station, you would definitely write a statement, and you would pay for the opening of the case-file for the statement - that is, the usual money for writing and filing police statements.
And most annoyingly, they would not do anything again about that report of yours, unless you be the one to mobilise them..
(For sure, they would tell you that they need money for logistics, and for fueling their vehicle).
So you have to mobilise them, if you're really serious about the yet-to-be-committed crime that you are reporting about.
And devil would punish you if the crime later got committed - just because they were not adequately “mobilised”, and it happened that the crime turned out to become a case that attracted public interest or the interest of an elite who got the superior officers of the police involved in the case too, then the officer who took your statement would immediately come for your arrest. They already have every information about you when you initially reported the yet-to-be-committed crime, so you're the prime suspect.

So right now, I am asking this question...
Is there any way I can report a yet-to-be-committed crime, or give a tip-off of such crime to the police without writing any police statement, without giving them any money for mobilisation, and also without giving them my full identification information??

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
A lot of people might think that this thing I wrote here is a kind of joke.
To Such People, all I have to say to them is:
“Wait until you have a need to give a tip-off to the police.
You will still be there and watch the crime happen very very well.
And the police would even later come out to blatantly deny of any tip-off from anybody.”

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
The bribe to report will be extra....

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
NwaNimo1:
The bribe to report will be extra....

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]
Na Waa ooo..
No wonder people are afraid the police.
All they care for is those small small chicken-change which they would make out of every ugly situation.
They are never self-motivated by pursuing the good end-result of whatever the situation at hand might be.
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by g0tze: 8:36am On Nov 18, 2021
Lalasticlala, oam4j, mods, this thread deserves a place on the front page.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by helinues: 8:39am On Nov 18, 2021
I love minding my business.

Don't just know why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by FarahAideed: 8:46am On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria Police only acts based on payments ..it's a pay as U go police Force

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2021
helinues:
I love minding my business.

Don't just know why

Some things, if left unattended to, may still rotate and affect you later.
If someone is planning something that might affect the whole street negatively, would you comfortably sit and mind your business??
Would you run away from the street for some weeks??
What about the other people you left behind??

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2021
FarahAideed:
Nigeria Police only acts based on payments .. it's a pay as U go police Force

And it is a very bad pedigree for the Nigerian Police..
They serve money, and not the people.
This type of police can never be your friend.
They would always be friends with your money.

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by SensetionalGoal(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2021
g0tze:
Lalasticlala, oam4j, mods, this thread deserves a place on the front page.

No bro, it doesn't deserve any front page...
Op is simply asking irrelevant questions...

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by FarahAideed: 8:53am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:

And it is a very bad pedigree for the Nigerian Police..
They serve money, and not the people.
This type of police can never be your friend.
They would always be friends with your money.

Very horrible and that's why I always say in reality we don't have a police force in Nigeria what we have are some extortionists pretending to be police

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:53am On Nov 18, 2021
SensetionalGoal:

Thanks for noticing how irrelevant it is.
Wait until you experience a situation that would require you to pre-inform the police ahead of time.
By then, don't come back to complain that the Nigerian Police is Lazy.
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by SensetionalGoal(m): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Thanks for noticing how irrelevant it is.
Wait until you experience a situation that would require you to pre-inform the police ahead of time.
Don't come back to complain that the Nigerian Police is Lazy.

Then, good luck going to the police to pre-inform them grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by joyandfaith: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2021
SensetionalGoal:

Why is it irrelevant?
Some police officers belong to criminal organizations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by helinues: 8:57am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Some things, if left unattended to, may still rotate and affect you later.
If someone is planning something that might affect the whole street negatively, would you comfortably sit and mind your business??
Would you run away from the street for some weeks??
What about the other people you left behind??

As a street guy, I love minding my business cos I am not appointed as minister of morality to judge others, for me to have the privilege of knowing about the plan ahead, na to discharge from the area till things back to normal.

Having privilege to know ahead alone means you no loose guard for street/area... Let the police do their work.

For tertiary, can't really count how many planned attacks by different groups I was aware of, funnily, ordinary Keggite group, I no belong.

As long as I won't be affected or someone dear to me, na looking straight things now. If you lag, you won't know about other attacks and also you could be putting yourself in danger. They trusted you that's why they informed ahead , so let it be
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:57am On Nov 18, 2021
FarahAideed:

Very horrible and that's why I always say in reality we don't have a police force in Nigeria what we have are some extortionists pretending to be police
I hope and pray and wish that one day, we will get the Police Force Right in Nigeria.
I look forward to the day when the Nigerian police would deploy and be at the location of distress as a result of phone calls put across to them, and without them seeking for any form of gratification or “Logistics”..

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by SensetionalGoal(m): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2021
joyandfaith:

Why is it irrelevant?
Some police officers belong to criminal organizations

That's is it, we all know that.... so Op doesn't need our opinion to validate that undecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by joyandfaith: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2021
SensetionalGoal:

That's is it, we all know that.... so Op doesn't need our opinion to validate that undecided

I get you
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:13am On Nov 18, 2021
helinues:

As a street guy, I love minding my business cos I am not appointed as minister of morality to judge others, for me to have the privilege of knowing about the plan ahead, na to discharge from the area till things back to normal.

Having privilege to know ahead alone means you no loose guard for street/area... Let the police do their work.

For tertiary, can't really count how many planned attacks by different groups I was aware of, funnily, ordinary Keggite group, I no belong.

As long as I won't be affected or someone dear to me, na looking straight things now. If you lag, you won't know about other attacks and also you could be putting yourself in danger. They trusted you that's why they informed ahead so let it be

You're just being a full-bred Nigerian in this comment of yours.
You're not being a normal human yet.
So, I would let you continue in your Nigerian Streetwise manner for now.
When your true human nature returns back to you, please make out time to read this thing you wrote here again.
Ok..
I didn't say you should judge anybody.
I said, you should “report a yet-to-be-committed crime anonymously” so that it can be averted on time.
And that is not judgement.
If you report a crime anonymously, nobody would get to know who reported it, and thus, your full security is still guaranteed 100%, unless you give yourself out by yourself.
But in Nigeria, you can never be anonymous.
The police themselves would even be the ones to give out the details of the informant.
So, in the Nigerian Environment, Minding Business Might Be The Best Option.
But then, the Nigerian Environment is not what it is supposed to be.
The best way to get the confidence of the people is by trusting the police, and then the police also trusting the people.
And we, as Citizens can find a way to fix it if we really wanted it fixed.
You said that the Police Should Do Their Work??
Do they know their work??
Like, if they knew their work, you shouldn't be minding your business and be trusting criminals, rather than trusting the police.
Meanwhile, did you say that Criminals Trusted You??
Like, of all the people who you should share mutual trust in this world with, it is with criminals, and not with the police??
That's why I said that you're just being a full-bred Nigerian in this comment of yours.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:18am On Nov 18, 2021
SensetionalGoal:

Do we now see that what is supposed to be protecting us, is the exact thing that is killing us, and we accept it like that??
The real question behind “The Irrelevant Question” is:
IS THERE ANY WAY THE NIGERIAN POLICE CAN BE MADE TO START WORKING PROPERLY??
THEY ARE FAULTING IN MANY WAYS, AND WE KNOW..
BUT IS THERE ANY WAY THAT THEY CAN BE MADE TO START FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE??

Or, are you by this comment agreeing that we are totally helpless in the hands of our own Police??
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2021
SensetionalGoal:

Then, good luck going to the police to pre-inform them grin
You don't even believe that one day, things will ever get better in this Nigeria.
My Guy, you need to live outside Nigeria for like 3 years at least.
Then, let's come back and talk about the Nigerian Police from a wider point of view.
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by helinues: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You're just being full-bred Nigerian in this comment of yours.
You're not being a normal human yet.
So, I would let you continue in your Nigerian Streetwise manner for now.
When your true human nature returns back to you, please make time to read this thing you wrote here again.
Ok..
I didn't say you should judge anybody.
I said, you should “report a yet-to-be-committed crime anonymously” so that it can be averted on time.
And that is not judgement.
If you report a crime anonymously, nobody would get to know who reported it, and thus, your full security is still guaranteed 100%, unless you give yourself out by yourself.
But in Nigeria, you can never be anonymous.
The police themselves would even be the ones to give out the details of the informant.
So, in the Nigerian Environment, Minding Business Might Be The Best Option.
But the Nigerian Environment is not what it is supposed to be.
The best way to get the confidence of the people is by trusting the police, and then the police also trusting the people.
You said that Police Should Do Their Work??
Do they know their work, and you're here minding your business and trusting criminals, rather than trusting the police?
Meanwhile, did you say that Criminals Trusted You??
Like, of all the people who I should share mutual trust in this world, it is criminals and not the police??
That's why I said that you're just being a full-bred Nigerian in this comment of yours.

Report anonymously to Nigeria Police when I no chop whinch. Same police that might still give you out after taking money from the accused person.

Like I said, I love minding my business.

If you want to be happy for days, drink beer.

If you want to be happy for months, get married.

But if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, mind your damn business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by helinues: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You don't even believe that one day, things will ever get better in this Nigeria.
My Guy, you need to live outside Nigeria for like 3 years at least.
Then, let's come back and talk about the Nigerian Police from a wider point of view.

When/if things get better, such scenario won't be happening or far reduced

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2021
joyandfaith:

I get you
Have you ever had any need to report a strange letter from criminals, warning the people in your street to get ready for them, that they would strike at any moment??
You got a text from a very good friend of yours who lives some streets away from yours, and the text reads: “Please call the police. Thieves are robbing the next building. I can't make a call now, or else they may hear my voice”..
You would regard the text as irrelevant, and continue minding your business?
Let me not give further examples.
You have never been in a situation that requires you to use the police to save someone else.
That's when you would realise the true meaning of the question.
You can only use the Nigerian Police only when you're deeply involved in the situation, and thus, you're able to spend your own money to get the situation solved.
You cannot use the Nigerian Police to save a stranger, or to save the community, unless you have to put your own personal money into it.
But that's not what the Nigerian Police is supposed to be naa
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2021
helinues:

When/if things get better, such scenario won't be happening or far reduced

I am one of the Human Beings who still believe that Nigeria will get better one day...
And that “That DAY” is not even very far away sef.
People are supposed to have faith in their police.
Once their is a tip-off, the police should be the ones to go to the location and get all the information by themselves.
They are trained in the job of getting information.
The informant is not supposed to know everything. Thus, the much information the informant gave should be enough to make the police decide on the best approach to get more information.
In Nigeria, what do we have??
An informant who didn't drop money is already a prime suspect.
When things get better with the Nigerian Police, all these method of making an informant who didn't drop money a prime suspect would stop.
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by helinues: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
I am one of the Human Beings who still believe that Nigeria will get better one day...
And that “That DAY” is not even very far away sef.

So we all sane Nigerians think and believe. Until then.....

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2021
helinues:

So we all sane Nigerians think and believe. Until then.....
Ok..
Me too, I believe that the people at the steering of the system do not want any better change.
They love the scattered system the way it is.
But the occupants of the system can shake up the system and get those at the steering to look inwards and find better ways to make the system stable.
I am saying that we the citizens can find ways to make the leaders be left with no other options than to fix the nation.
If we relax, they too would relax
Ooohh... I just remembered I'm responding to a full-bred Nigerian
Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by hollah123: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
A lot of people might think that this thing I wrote here is a kind of joke.
To Such People, all I have to say to them is:
“Wait until you have a need to give a tip-off to the police.
You will still be there and watch the crime happen very very well.
And the police would even later come out to blatantly deny of any tip-off from anybody.”
bro this is where we find ourselves n we have to live with it.
In my shop we know d thieves n they know us so everyone dey mark territory, once they know u know them they will not disturb u but people who dont know them na OYO

Imagine someone was robbed at gunpoint n he went to report at d station,they didn't take him serious at first but took him serious when a strong man put leg.

U can't believe d oga told us

"Sir we can't send the officers from this station there cos they know themselves n they sometimes smoke drink together so u will have to exercise patience for sometime to get officers from other stations"

Imagine going to report an igbo smoking criminal to an igbo smoking officer,no b express b dat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by ScamHunter: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2021
Be careful. Drug lords have informants everywhere. That's why they identify those that snitch on them for liquidation. Trust the police at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Way Someone Can Give A “Tip-Off” Anonymously To The Police? by SensetionalGoal(m): 10:08am On Nov 18, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Do we now see that what is supposed to be protecting us, is the exact thing that is killing us, and we accept it like that??
The real question behind “The Irrelevant Question” is:
IS THERE ANY WAY THE NIGERIAN POLICE CAN BE MADE TO START WORKING PROPERLY??
THEY ARE FAULTING IN MANY WAYS, AND WE KNOW..
BUT IS THERE ANY WAY THAT THEY CAN BE MADE TO START FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE??

Or, are you by this comment agreeing that we are totally helpless in the hands of our own Police??

My brother I'm sorry I can't answer this your question...
Maybe the police themselves would be in a better position to answer if the masses are helpless in their own hands or not...

(1) (2) (Reply)

This South Sudan 18yr Old Goalkeeper Is One Of The New Talents At Ongoing U20 / 2 Kirikiri Inmates Fail In Escape Bid / Egba Chief Shot Dead, Killers Leave Note Calling Him "Useless" & "Promiscous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.