Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I (4110 Views)

UEFA Have Opened An Investigation Into Barcelona's Accounts / PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today / FIFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings Against Dele Alli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Mickeybook(f): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
FIFA has opened an investigation into Ghana's World Cup qualifier against Bafana Bafana on Sunday after the South Africa Football Federation (SAFA) lodged a complaint against the referee of the match played at the Cape Coast Stadium, Ghanasoccernet.com can reveal.

The world governing body opened a review into 2022 World Cup match on Monday after SAFA called for the conduct of the match official referee Maguette Ndiaye to be investigated over a first-half penalty it awarded the Black Stars during the match.

The Black Stars' narrow win enabled them to reach the African World Cup play-offs by the narrowest of margins, ousting South Africa at the top of the group on goals scored.

SAFA made the "formal complaint" on Monday about "questionable decisions" made by the match officials in Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Ghana.

FIFA has today confirmed that it is reviewing the matter without going into details of what the nature of its investigation into the match would entail.

"FIFA has received a complaint from the South African FA in relation to this matter and will review it. Please understand we cannot comment further at this stage," FIFA said on Tuesday in response to a media query over the status of the complaint by SAFA.Bafana Bafana needed a draw to reach the third and final round of African qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, but Ghana won with the penalty that has generated a lot of debate.

SAFA raised concerns over the legitimacy of the decision and the display of the officiating team from Senegal, headed up by referee Maguette Ndiaye.

The penalty was awarded after Ghana's Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey went down following what appeared minimal contact from defender Rushine de Reuck, who was booked for his challenge.

But it is now clear that the penalty was awarded after Amartey went down following the heavy pulling down from defender de Reuck. (Watch clearer replays of the incident in the video below).

Close video replays have shown that South African defender Rushine de Reuck dragged Ghana's Daniel Amartey with BOTH HANDS which resulted in the referee awarding a penalty kick to the Black Stars in their decisive 2022 World Cup qualifier on Sunday.

The evidence which has now been closely watched suggests that the Bafana Bafana player clearly fouled the Leicester City defender leading to the Senegalese match official pointing to the spot kick which sealed the victory for the Black Stars.

The video from several replay angles show that referee Maguette Ndiaye had, just before the penalty decision, warned Reuck of his earlier infringement before the corner kick.

The Senegalese referee was closely watching the two players from just two metres just before the corner kick and clearly saw the South African pulling Amartey down.

Initial video of the incident was inconclusive which led to the South African Football Association (SAFA) claiming that hey had been robbed during the game at the Cape Coast Stadium which ended 1-0 after Andre Ayew expertly converted the kick.

Bafana Bafana needed a draw to reach the third and final round of African qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, but Ghana won the game from the penalty.

The Black Stars' narrow win enabled them to reach the African World Cup play-offs by the narrowest of margins, ousting South Africa at the top of the group on goals scored.

South Africa is well aware that the capacity for matches to be replayed does exist before have been shouting 'foul play' but with video evidence now showing that the player pulled Amartey down he could not coil back into their shells.

Watch video of the incident below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WEbEtwEknw
https://ghanasoccernet.com/breaking-news-fifa-opens-investigation-into-ghana-versus-south-africa-penalty-incident-2022-world-cup-qualifiers

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Fahdiga(m): 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Even FIFA is a den of corrupt people

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by madridguy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
The brown envelope referee must be prosecuted and sack with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by WibusJaga: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2021

The penalty was actually very controversial. But unless it can be proved referee was compromised, nothing will come out of it.
Above all, blame CAF for not providing VAR.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Another world cup scandal involving SA, Ghana and Senegal. Also happened in 2017.

Ghanaian referee was found to be involved in match fixing, and the game had to be replayed. I guess Senegal was returning the favour for the rematch as 3 officials were from that country in this match, and made numerous controversial decisions.

So there's a precedence for a re-match and Ghana will be thoroughly beaten because they performed poorly in this group throughout the entire qualification process. SA was unbeaten until the robbery that happened in Ghana.

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by JaceBlaze: 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
There wouldn't be a need for all of these if VAR was used...and that ref messed with the wrong country.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
JaceBlaze:
There wouldn't be a need for all of these if VAR was used...and that ref messed with the wrong country.

Looks like everyone else has accepted and submitted to corruption in African football. SA must make as much noise as possible. These teams come and play in SA glitch-free, but the goodwill is not reciprocated when we visit them.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Wizzzzmike: 11:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:
Another world cup scandal involving SA, Ghana and Senegal. Also happened in 2016.

Ghanaian referee was found to be involved in match fixing, and the game had to be replayed. I guess Senegal was returning the favour as 3 officials were from that country in this match, and made numerous controversial decisions.

So there's a precedence for a re-match and Ghana will be thoroughly beaten because they performed poorly in this group throughout the entire qualification process.

Dude. Ur referee who is a South African robbed us in same world cup 2018 qualities against Uganda. We didn't say shi.t or report him to CAP or FIFA. And ur shouting too much calm down

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Dude. Ur referee who is a South African robbed us in same world cup 2018 qualities against Uganda. We didn't say shi.t or report him to CAP or FIFA. And ur shouting too much calm down

Maybe you're cool with corruption - we're not.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Wizzzzmike: 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Maybe you're cool with corruption - we're not.

Dude you think we don't know you guys are more corrupt than us don't go there. And we didn't report cuz it's football, if you fail prepare and come back stronger... y'all shouting and you didn't even qualified for afcon.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AAA593: 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
That Ghana player should receive life ban. See the way e fall yakata for ground.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by JaceBlaze: 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Looks like everyone else has accepted and submitted to corruption in African football. SA must make as much noise as possible. These teams come and play in SA glitch-free, but the goodwill is not reciprocated when we visit them.

I have seen even some Ghanaians and Nigerians calling the ref's BS officiating. undecided

Ba re tlwaela masepa,and we always give them best football grounds in Africa and they still do this to us.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Dude you think we don't know you guys are more corrupt than us don't go there. And we didn't report cuz it's football, if you fail prepare and come back stronger... y'all shouting and you didn't even qualified for afcon.

That's the same team u felt u had to rob btw, after beating u in Johannesburg - so egg on your face.

SA's corruption doesn't go unpunished, unlike u who has internalised and submitted to it in African football - it's a way of life for u.That's the reason why it goes underreported in Ghanaian politics.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mickeybook:

FIFA has opened an investigation into Ghana's World Cup qualifier against Bafana Bafana

Lol, check what Ghana was reporting a day ago grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Emperormartin(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2021
The problem here is the CAF president who is a South African but failed to provide VAR for these crucial matches.
And we definitely need VAR in the third and final playoffs…

I’m still saying the problem is the South African CAF president. Now his lackadaisical attitude has come to haunt his country…

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 12:17am On Nov 17, 2021
Emperormartin:
The problem here is the CAF president who is a South African but failed to provide VAR for these crucial matches.
And we definitely need VAR in the third and final playoffs…

I’m still saying the problem is the South African CAF president. Now his lackadaisical attitude has come to haunt his country…

With what money? Y'all ran CAF into the ground - Motsepe has hardly been there for a year.

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Wizzzzmike: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

That's the same team u felt u had to rob btw, after beating u in Johannesburg - so egg on your face.

SA's corruption doesn't go unpunished, unlike u who has internalised and submitted to it in African football - it's a way of life for u.That's the reason why it goes underreported in Ghanaian politics.

I think beating us is a big news in SA but it's not news when we beat you.
We don't report cuz the best referee is the team. If we beat SA like 5 to zero y'all would have shut up by now.
Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by robosky02(m): 9:32am On Nov 17, 2021
Nothing will happen

Ghana matches on
Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by daisidgreat(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2021
A very good call

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 10:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

I think beating us is a big news in SA but it's not news when we beat you.
We don't report cuz the best referee is the team. If we beat SA like 5 to zero y'all would have shut up by now.

And why didn't you beat us 5-0? U couldn't even manage 2-0 at home. SA gave u a run for your money throughout the entire qualification process - that's why you're resorting to cheating.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by sorsor(m): 10:31am On Nov 17, 2021
their 2 go still jabo tongue grin
Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Wizzzzmike: 11:20am On Nov 17, 2021
TMKsouth:

And why didn't you beat us 5-0? U couldn't even manage 2-0 at home. SA gave u a run for your money throughout the entire qualification process - that's why you're resorting to cheating.

In afcon qualities we beat you 2-0 and we beat in ur own backyard and it's not news in Ghana. Close to 20 years you have not beaten us ur best is draw. We also want a replay we'll beat 5-0 mark it on ur forehead.
Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

In afcon qualities we beat you 2-0 and we beat in ur own backyard and it's not news in Ghana. Close to 20 years you have not beaten us ur best is draw. We also want a replay we'll beat 5-0 mark it on ur forehead.

And teams improve all the time, they don't remain stagnant. SA has a new coach that has turned around the fortunes of the team completely with youngsters. We were unbeaten throughout the entire qualification process.

Anyway, SAFA is currently giving a Live briefing. Didn't know your State President was threatened should Ghana lose shocked. They also have evidence that there was a betting spike minutes before the dubious penalty was granted. After u scored the ball boys disappeared. Out of 71 incidents, 21 were ignored. 91% of incorrect decisions were against SA. There were plenty other objections raised.

They're offering a seriously comprehensive case to FIFA to investigate multiple factors that led u to steal this game.
Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2021
grin grin grin
I SAID BEFORE THE DARKER THE NEGRO/BLACK THE DUMBER. Few years ago in 2010 PITCH BLACK MAVROS Ghana cried in SA about bad officiating. in 2021 November the same PITCH BLACK is celebrating MATCH FIXING?

Ghanaians can only make NOISE and HATE against MIGHTY SOUTH AFRICA in soccer. PITCH BLACK LAST COLOUR ON THE COLOUR WHEEL WHY BLACK LEATHERS? grin grin

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2021
SOUTH AFRICANS ALL OVER THE WORLD WERE ANGERED BY CHEATING GHANAIAN SHADES...Dr Errol Sweeney says that was MATCH FIXING. A small touch in football isnt equal to a PENALTY. Jusy a quick reminder Ghanaians soccer is a British Invention not a DARK JUNGLE invention. W e undertand why you dont understand FAIR PLAY and soccer rules.

LASTLY SOUTH AFRICA IS GOING TO SHOW LITTLE GHANA HER MIGHT BY FORCING A REPLAY. A nation that produced ELON MUSK, NELSON MANDELA, DR STEVE BIKO and many others cant be bullied by POOR DARK Ghana.

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ghanaians I wish this was a WAR you wouldnt get away with this PITCH BLACK Mothervckers....Dont cry when English fans and Arabs chant MONKEY CHANTS against Ghanaian players. Your cheating is going to make us target your players starting with Dede the flat head b...n. grin

THE DIVING CHIMPS/Ghana WILL BE TARGETED!!!!!!Watch the space dont mess with SA!!!!!!!!

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
MONKEY football has evolved before 1996-2002 Ghana hasnt beaten SA. The only time you started winning against SA was aftr 2010.

IN A WAR SA WOULD CRUSH GHANA IN A DAY!!!!!Soon in UK football fans are going to BOOO Amartey the cheating MONKEY. You have started a RACE WAR with SA, note SA has the biggest number of African immigrants in UK, yes most are white South Africans. Julle sal kak. grin grin

Wizzzzmike:

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
GHANA AND SENEGAL ARE GOING TO BE EMBARASSED!!!!!Watch this space!!!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by TMKsouth: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
JaceBlaze:

I have seen even some Ghanaians and Nigerians calling the ref's BS officiating. undecided

Ba re tlwaela masepa,and we always give them best football grounds in Africa and they still do this to us.

Dude, turns out our players were crying not because they lost but because there was such serious injustice that happened in Ghana. They gave multiple examples of this - 91% of all incorrect decisions went against SA and when they complained they were threatened with bookings.

Turns out there was concerted effort to get Ghana to the World Cup - they even blackmailed SA to host Ghana-Ethiopia match in Soweto, otherwise they will allow trailing Ghana to play an away match at home. But they left SA to go play at the same bad Ethiopia pitch they didn't want Ghana to play on.

Very comprehensive case by SAFA - it's not just about the penalty. Ghana is going down for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
Thats according to you PITCH BLACK fvcktards. Small contact isnt equal to a DIVE and then PENALTY. ONCE AGAIN SOUTH AFRICA WILL SHOW SMALL GHANA THAT THEYRE A TINY NATION OF PITCH BLACK EVIL HEARTS.

The good thing is that the CAF president is South African has deep connections at FIFA. Dr Motsepe is a LAWYER im sure he wont take Ghanas bullshit. shocked

Mickeybook:
FIFA has opened an investigation into Ghana's World Cup qualifier against Bafana Bafana on Sunday after the South Africa Football Federation (SAFA) lodged a complaint against the referee of the match played at the Cape Coast Stadium, Ghanasoccernet.com can reveal.

The world governing body opened a review into 2022 World Cup match on Monday after SAFA called for the conduct of the match official referee Maguette Ndiaye to be investigated over a first-half penalty it awarded the Black Stars during the match.

SAFA made the "formal complaint" on Monday about "questionable decisions" made by the match officials in Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Ghana.

FIFA has today confirmed that it is reviewing the matter without going into details of what the nature of its investigation into the match would entail.

"FIFA has received a complaint from the South African FA in relation to this matter and will review it. Please understand we cannot comment further at this stage," FIFA said on Tuesday in response to a media query over the status of the complaint by SAFA.Bafana Bafana needed a draw to reach the third and final round of African qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, but Ghana won with the penalty that has generated a lot of debate.

SAFA raised concerns over the legitimacy of the decision and the display of the officiating team from Senegal, headed up by referee Maguette Ndiaye.

The penalty was awarded after Ghana's Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey went down following what appeared minimal contact from defender Rushine de Reuck, who was booked for his challenge.

But it is now clear that the penalty was awarded after Amartey went down following the heavy pulling down from defender de Reuck. (Watch clearer replays of the incident in the video below).

Close video replays have shown that South African defender Rushine de Reuck dragged Ghana's Daniel Amartey with BOTH HANDS which resulted in the referee awarding a penalty kick to the Black Stars in their decisive 2022 World Cup qualifier on Sunday.

The evidence which has now been closely watched suggests that the Bafana Bafana player clearly fouled the Leicester City defender leading to the Senegalese match official pointing to the spot kick which sealed the victory for the Black Stars.

The video from several replay angles show that referee Maguette Ndiaye had, just before the penalty decision, warned Reuck of his earlier infringement before the corner kick.

The Senegalese referee was closely watching the two players from just two metres just before the corner kick and clearly saw the South African pulling Amartey down.

Initial video of the incident was inconclusive which led to the South African Football Association (SAFA) claiming that hey had been robbed during the game at the Cape Coast Stadium which ended 1-0 after Andre Ayew expertly converted the kick.

Bafana Bafana needed a draw to reach the third and final round of African qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, but Ghana won the game from the penalty.

South Africa is well aware that the capacity for matches to be replayed does exist before have been shouting 'foul play' but with video evidence now showing that the player pulled Amartey down he could not coil back into their shells.

Watch video of the incident below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WEbEtwEknw
https://ghanasoccernet.com/breaking-news-fifa-opens-investigation-into-ghana-versus-south-africa-penalty-incident-2022-world-cup-qualifiers
Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by AmenhotepZuid: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
@TK, in UK the football fans are going to target Ghanaian fans especially the RACISTS. This has fed them they hate the PITCH BLACKS with passion. Amartey, Ayews will be BOOED!!!!!Theyre going to cry "black lives" nonsence again. Mothervcken west african negroes.

Re: Breaking News: FIFA Opens Investigation Into Ghana Versus South Africa Penalty I by Seniorwriter(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Intrigues in sports activities especially soccer makes the game to gather more friendzies....
Reach out via the facebook Id on my profile if you are interested on how to earn in $s from sport NFTs.

@Seniorwriter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time / Breaking News!Ghana Disqualified Over Failed Drugs Tests-Nigeria On To Semis / 20+ Funny Photo Of Manny Pacquiao Vs Floyd Mayweather Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.