Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically (51805 Views)

Kobe Bryant’s Daughter Gianna, 13 Tragically Killed In Helicopter Crash With Dad / Former Arsenal Winger Jose Antonio Reyes Tragically Dies In Car Accident / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Chinedu Udoji Who Died In Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by Olam09(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2021
Could still remember someone who won jackpot recently.. he went to claim his check with mask on.. omolomo no wan endanger em own life.

12 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by nwajesus12(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
baralatie:

I remember this case we'll well
That woman just came from nowhere cornered the guy killed him!
She is jailed for first degree murder for life without payroll
parole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by ashawopikin(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
OriOko88:
Devilish people everywhere. That's y I don't stake high at bet shop cos of bad belles. You'd think they're not monitoring you,but hell no. There was a guy who was killed two days after winning 650k in sportsbet in abeokuta. Heard about a guy who was stabbed on his way home after refusing to give guys part of his 68k winnings in a bet shop.
Thats why I prefer online betting to shop..cos nobody go knw when you wins millions
abi o I only play online, when u win, wether big or small nobody go know

8 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by raphretle: 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
My own be say...
Nigeria dey do lottery??
Abeg if you know of any me I wan buy ticket ooo...
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by TemmyDayo50(m): 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
EmekaBlue:
See money

If i hold like that man wey win 314million dollars + maybe na me go kill me sef the first night when i don go misbehave finish

Money issa bastard

So you fit kill cos of money...??
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Abraham Shakespeare

Another big winner, Abraham Shakespeare hit it large in the Florida state lotto for $30 million in 2006. Shakespeare lived it up for a couple of years, almost having spent all his money until he suddenly disappeared in 2006. His body was found under a concrete slab in April 2009

Suspicions turned to a woman Shakespeare was associated with who had apparently bilked him out of over a million dollars. She even convinced Shakespeare to sign over his assets to her. She was later charged and convicted of Murder . he was one of the nicest men you could meet in a lifetime .

I watched this documentary some years back. That woman was insane! bad enough that she was the one controlling his money, she wanted cut him off from friends and family. So bad that she got a voice changing device that disguised her voice to masculine voice and claimed to be him whenever they called even before he was declared missing. She started sending text messages with his phone to his wife and mother telling them that he's doing fine where he is and they should not bother to call him. His family knew something was off because he was dyslexic and he couldn't have typed those messages impeccably. The heartless woman killed him because he demanded accountability on how his money was being spent. Before she came into his life and started controlling his money, he sent money to his siblings, mother, set up businesses for his childhood friends. Madam blondie entered the equation and he couldn't even buy ordinary shoes without going through her. He thought she was helping him manage his money but she was squandering it while his wife and kids were living from hand to mouth. She had to kill him because she couldn't account for how she spent his money. On the plus side, the over 200k dollars found in her account was confiscated and given to the mother of his kids.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by ThothHermes: 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Jochabed:
Is there a curse hanging on the lottery game?
Not really. These are just stories of winners who failed. Many others have gone to better their lives with with their winnings.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by TemmyDayo50(m): 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
baralatie:

I remember this case we'll well
That woman just came from nowhere cornered the guy killed him!
She is jailed for first degree murder for life without payroll

Very wicked woman

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by baralatie(m): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
nwajesus12:
parole
Thank you !
I meant parole

2 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by masui(m): 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2021
Jochabed:
Is there a curse hanging on the lottery game?

Good question. The lottery operators need explain wey dem dey collect money come pay winners.
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
Wickedness a lesson to learn always keep it cool
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by EmekaBlue(m): 12:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
TemmyDayo50:

So you fit kill cos of money...??
myself ...yeah

Fit go drink to stupor and bash the new car i will get then

Money issa bastard
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by jimmynauty: 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
1. Capacity Matters a lot.

2. Leave where ever you were before the winning.

3. Discipline.

point blank

4. BE AN ALIEN

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by murphyung(m): 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
The problem starts with the lottery company announcing them to the world. Imagine say this kain time you win 500 million and dem come post your picture for social media. Some guys go sharply begin research your location and map to come collect their share.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by joeking2222: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
Where INNOBET of Nairaland dat year? After hm winnings dat year, till today i never see hm moniker 4 nairaland again!!! Hope the senior man is doing good sha?

5 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by Odoogu(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
Elsueno:
My motto

Trust Nobody!
Suspect Everybody cheesy

There is a reason humans are apex predators despite being one of the weakest animals in existence...very deceptive specie grin

How you wan take get peace of mind?
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by Odoogu(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
murphyung:
The problem starts with the lottery company announcing them to the world. Imagine say this kain time you win 500 million and dem come post your picture for social media. Some guys go sharply begin research your location and map to come collect their share.

That's the price you pay. Your winning has to be announced. Putting you in the spotlight.

Meehn, if person win that kind money this kain time, the person fit no reach house oo. The money done enter your hand or not, e no matter, as far say you done win am. Them they come for u.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by authority2006(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Ryan Mckechnie

It seemed life was offering Ryan McKechnie another chance when the 31-year-old hit the Irish lotto in 2012 for £40,000 (about 50,000 in US dollars). A former drug addict, McKechnie had already kicked the habit prior to winning and was in the midst of raising his three children alone after their mother died of drug-related causes in 2010.

Generous with all his friends, however, the money was quickly gone, forcing McKechnie to struggle to make ends meet for himself and his family. Apparently, someone believed that he still had a stash of cash. He was found stabbed to death in his home in February 2014.

Poor guy, he was stabbed to death over 50,000 dollars that was already finished!

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by Tomoyayi(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
samuel051:
Holy gram
Noticed all d black guys were murdered by fellow blacks
Black race is cursed
Wtf man..

Did you read it at all...

Abraham Shakespeare

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by TheSexLover(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
This is the problem with gamblers, some don't have dreams or vision.. do if dey win big, the first thing in their mind is to show off ... No investment or business idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by authority2006(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Jeffrey Dampier

Probably one of the most infamous lottery deaths , especially if you watch ID , he was An enterprising man, a wholey generous man , who took in his wives sisters who ended up killing him, when Jeffrey Dampier won $20 million in the Illinois state jackpot, he took some of his winnings and opened up a gourmet popcorn shop (as he was brought up as a popcorn boy ). He also lavished gifts on his sister-in-law, paid all their fees and house rents upfront .

Unfortunately, Dampier's sister-in-law had plans for some of the money that hadn't been spent. Along with her boyfriend, she helped kidnap Dampier and then shot him to death in a most humiliating manner.

he moved Crystal's two sisters, Victoria and Terri Jackson, to Tampa as well. With no means of their own, Dampier took care of both of the sisters' finances and continued to buy presents for many of their family members, including his sister-in-law Victoria Jackson (with whom he was having an affair).

Beginning of disaster

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by georgeakins: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
OriOko88:
Devilish people everywhere. That's y I don't stake high at bet shop cos of bad belles. You'd think they're not monitoring you,but hell no. There was a guy who was killed two days after winning 650k in sportsbet in abeokuta. Heard about a guy who was stabbed on his way home after refusing to give guys part of his 68k winnings in a bet shop.
Thats why I prefer online betting to shop..cos nobody go knw when you wins millions

Can you imagine the little amounts being won in Nigeria. What can N650,000 or N68,000 do? No wonder most of the people I see in betting shops look haggard,

Playing betting in Nigeria is a waste of time,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by authority2006(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Billie Harrell

In june 1997 Billie Harrell Jr. $31 million in lottery winnings after struggling working multiple jobs for years supporting his wife and three children. He was given his first payment of $1.24 million and thought that he had seen the end of his financial troubles. The beginning was jovial as always, he donated tens of thousands of dollars to his church, bought cars for friends and family, and took his family to Hawaii. Strangers began calling him randomly for donations and Harrell Jr. had to go into hiding. His lavish spending alongside a bad deal made with a lump sum lottery deal left him with much less money that he had originally won.

Shortly after making that bad deal Harrell. Jr. split from his wife, the final straw for the struggling Texan. In 1999 his son found him dead, he had shot himself in the head. Shortly before he committed suicide Billie Harrell Jr. told his accountant that winning the lottery was the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

Just within two years, 31 million dollars gone like that!
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by Piptocoin: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
The Curse of the Lottery is what it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by authority2006(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheSourcerer:
David Lee Edwards

When David Lee Edwards went from struggling ex-con to a lottery jackpot winner of a share totaling $27 million he was ecstatic, but his story is that shows the corruption that money can bring upon people. Then years after his big win Edwards died, alone, in hospice, penniless. The drug addict spent a third of his life behind bars before his luck seemingly changed in 2001. Edwards quickly became engaged to Shawna Maddux and the pair were married in a lavish Malibu wedding. In his time with cash Edwards and his wife brokered loans to party in Vegas where he would supply his entourage of friends with drugs. The couple purchased three homes together and would often fly between them whenever they felt the urge. The pair quickly spiraled downward and Shawna began to fall in and out of rehab before being involuntarily committed to a substance-abuse treatment program, but nothing seemed to work. She was arrested for stabbing Edwards with a crack pipe in 2004 and eventually the couple was living in squalor in their storage unit.

WTF! Within three years, from being 27 million dollars richer to living in a storage unit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by dammywapes(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
I don’t believe this
lessonotes:
Money is a spirit (Mammon) if you didn't work for it, you wouldn't be able to manage it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by authority2006(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
samuel051:
Holy gram
Noticed all d black guys were murdered by fellow blacks
Black race is cursed
Wtf man..

So in essence, you're cursed! Right?

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by vickydevoka(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
michlins:
Stop announcing your wins in life. Secure your wins because people are wicked
Exactly. Same thing happened to my guy. Just 9.6 million he win in bet9ja, na say people came for him. Thank God he is not married, na so him japa after two months he came back n change location.

3 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by youngestgrad(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
4 8 15 16 23 42

1 Like

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by authority2006(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Full name Andrew Jackson “Jack” Whittaker Jr., Jack won over $314 million in the 2002 Powerball Jackpot. At the time this was the largest jackpot to be won by a single ticket in American history, a feat that prompted several issues with the law and even some personal tragedy. He spent his money on multiple things including strippers and philanthropic efforts. In 2003 outside of a strip club in Cross Lanes, West Virginia Jack Whittaker’s car was robbed of over $500,000 that he kept in a suitcase at all times. Another incident at the club got two employees arrested for plotting to drug Whittaker and take his money, and in even another car robbery he lost $200,000 in cash that was later recovered. In a strange turn of events the boyfriend of his grand daughter was found dead on Whittaker’s property in the Fall of 2004. A couple of months later his granddaughter was found dead and wrapped in a tarp, he took her death very hard and received a DUI a couple of years later.

Mehn, wetin son of a man wan do with dis?
Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by snoopz: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
This lottery is just like Yahoo money unless you just wise as In wise, you go just blow am and the money might probably end you

3 Likes

Re: Lottery Winners Who Died Tragically by TheOnlyUyai(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
When I eventually win my 50million naira wey I go wreck from Alabi very soon, na to enter hibernation mode go be next. Nobody go hear of me again.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Katsina United Players Undergoing Medicals (Photos) / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. / Africa's First Human And Solar Powered Football Pitch In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.