Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) (47499 Views)

Celebrating Biafran Legend General Madiebo As He Turns 90 - Pictures / Buratai: Oba Oyelude's Patriotism To Nigeria Is Unquantifiable (Photos) / Why Atinuke Bello Is Fit To Replace Kadiri As The Deputy Speaker, OGHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Lionnation: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2021
KosiGee:

Otolo gbatokoo gi na umunna gi.
but my insinuations might as well be true, I am part Igbo don't mistake me for an afonja, I am I were, I am sure we did not know if there was anything like beauty contest, this is more than 30 years before independence, most of our mothers didn't even know the name of their country is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Skmoda360(m): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2021
greymiles:
She won it when nepotism, cronyism and tribalism was so deep in this country’s polity
The hate on the igbos have been long before today
Everyone one knows igbos are the beauty Queen in this country, how the award goes to a yoruba person is what I don’t understand

Odẹ oshi.....

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Safyqueen: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2021
greymiles:
She won it when nepotism, cronyism and tribalism was so deep in this country’s polity
Everyone one knows igbos are the beauty Queen in this country, how the award goes to a yoruba person is what I don’t understand

You may not understand as you don't also understand why you are filled with ethno-religio-tribal egocentricity today.

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Tareq1105: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2021
Manigie:
When Nigeria was still good as a country and not everything was based on connection or nudity the parameter for measuring beauty......
By the way, Slay Queens come and see oh, Mama na Nurse.....

Happy birthday ma
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Segzy22: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
If this is what is called Beauty in 1957
Then I must say I'm HIGHLY disappointed
Make una dey talk true for once
The woman no fine at all

My grandma from Enugu who is 86 was very far more beautiful and sexy than this woman during 1957..

She is the beautiful LoLo in the middle
That pic below was before Independence
IPOB please I beg you in name of God ,post the picture of your mother, let's see how wowo or beautiful she is!!!!

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2021
DFERENCE:
gullible, egocentric, narcissestic person full of hate, the avarage igbo man is so tribalitic, nepotic person just that the hausa/fulani man has more opportunity to showcase it, how does one take a post that has nothing to with tribe, religion or ethnicity to bring in your tribal hatred, that is why nobody trust an igbo man to lead because attitude you & other igbo persons display here on nairaland sums up the intention of alot of people from the east, you don't even see the south-south, south-west as your brothers, learn to love alittle because this country weather you accept it or not only love can save us. We fight each at the grassroots while those at the top use the hatred they instilled in us to cashout

Dude how do you take one person's post and tag a tribe. This statement from you shows you are no more tribalistic than the igbo fellow that made the comment.
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by GardenOfGod(m): 9:09am On Nov 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
The woman no fine at all

My grandma from Enugu who is 86 was very far more beautiful and sexy than this woman during 1957..

Do well to post the 1957 picture of your most beautiful granny let's judge. You cannot be the judge of your own case.
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by DFERENCE: 9:12am On Nov 17, 2021
obynzo:

Dude how do you take one person's post and tag a tribe. This statement from you shows you are no more tribalistic than the igbo fellow that made the comment.
alright, won't argue with you, you are right clap 4 urself and have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by muyeski21(m): 9:13am On Nov 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
The woman no fine at all

Well said because she is light, the fact remains that to do with beauty and brain

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 9:14am On Nov 17, 2021
Look at their mode of dressing and compare with team urgent 5k
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by makinson2865: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
The woman no fine at all

You should bury your head in shame by now, as everybody including your people was bashing you for stupid comment from your gutter .Your Hatered for youruba will surely make you go insane soon as Yoruba (your Father) will keep leading you in all endeavors as usual while someone like you will keep plummeting in your tattered and battered mud. Empty flat head

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Encyclopedia1: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2021
She still even fine at 90. No be like all these our akunakuna that open everything these days in the name of beauty. See her. All covered and she still won the contest. Fast forward to 2021, the contestants are all in pants only even if they put on one.
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Mathiasa(m): 9:20am On Nov 17, 2021
Mama still fine,

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by schoolboymatt(m): 9:23am On Nov 17, 2021
some real beauty. happy birthday to her. wishing her more happiness in good health
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by barragan: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2021
Before they started giving to only yellow bones.
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Sman37(m): 9:29am On Nov 17, 2021
Nukilia:
When beauty queen was not controlled by demons, mama made Nigerians proud.
But because corruption in all aspect of life 2day immorality such as nudity...stripers is what we call beauty what a shame. Islam dres code is still best moral fashion preserver.
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2021
DFERENCE:
alright, won't argue with you, you are right clap 4 urself and have a nice day

It is also mutual give yourself a resounding clap too

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Dominatrix(f): 9:33am On Nov 17, 2021
So beautiful
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Nukilia: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2021
Sman37:

But because corruption in all aspect of life 2day immorality such as nudity...stripers is what we call beauty what a shame. Islam dres code is still best moral fashion preserver.

You meant Arabs

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by DoctorDree(m): 9:40am On Nov 17, 2021
greymiles:
Your mama told you say she knows what beauty pageant was not to talk of participating??
People like you just lack sense and suppose dey prison with that idiot Kanu!!!
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by SunTzu123(m): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2021
She still has poise, grace and she is still elegant. See that smile!
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2021
Wow happy birthday ma
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Oizee(f): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
The woman no fine at all

no doubt, she was very beautiful but, did she contest?
Was she brilliant enough for the crown?

1 Like

Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by 1000angstroms(m): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2021
TMSMedia:
Grace Atinuke Oyelude, the first-ever Miss Nigeria, turned 90 today and Miss Nigeria organizers celebrated her on Instagram, IgbereTV reports.

Oyelude was crowned Miss Nigeria in 1957 after beating over 200 Nigerian girls in the pageant.

Oyelude revealed in the past that she became Miss Nigeria by accident.

Her brother who was a broadcaster saw the advertisements for the pageant in the papers and entered her for the competition without her knowledge in Lagos even though she was still residing in Kano.

After she won the pageant, which came with 200 Pounds prize money and a return ticket to London for two weeks, she gained admission into the school of nursing, Ashford Kent, England, and became a state registered nurse in 1961.

She enrolled at the school of midwifery, St. Thomas Hospital, London, where she qualified as a state registered midwife SCM in 1962.

She also attended the Royal College of Nursing, England in 1971 and obtained a Diploma in Nursing and Hospital Administration and in 1976, obtained another diploma from Ghana Institute of Management and Personnel Administration.

Miss Nigeria wrote on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWVZMfHjlY3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

God bless her. The pride of good Nigeria.
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by alawiiyeyoruba1: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Definition of beauty, her grand prize was well spent and she's aging gracefully.

CLARION CALL TO PRESERVE THE YORUBA LANGUAGE
Few days ago, I was having a chat with a teenage boy whose parents are of the Yoruba origin residing in Nigeria, in-fact they reside in the South-Western part of Nigeria (which is actually the Yoruba speaking part of the country). However, it sounds worrisome ........................read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/clarion-call-to-preserve-the-yoruba-language/
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Sman37(m): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Nukilia:

You meant Arabs
No any Ideal muslim woman been it Igbo, yoruba, TIV or any part of the world becaus islam teachings aint man made nor distortion and even u know it is viable u see many wel dres Islamical woman...!
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 17, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
The woman no fine at all

Look at her picture below
As your mama no go for the pageant make them come give her for her house abi?
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by iamtardey: 10:53am On Nov 17, 2021
she no show cleavage abi expose camel toe cheesy
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by soojar(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2021
TMSMedia:
Grace Atinuke Oyelude, the first-ever Miss Nigeria, turned 90 today and Miss Nigeria organizers celebrated her on Instagram, IgbereTV reports.

Oyelude was crowned Miss Nigeria in 1957 after beating over 200 Nigerian girls in the pageant.

Oyelude revealed in the past that she became Miss Nigeria by accident.

Her brother who was a broadcaster saw the advertisements for the pageant in the papers and entered her for the competition without her knowledge in Lagos even though she was still residing in Kano.

After she won the pageant, which came with 200 Pounds prize money and a return ticket to London for two weeks, she gained admission into the school of nursing, Ashford Kent, England, and became a state registered nurse in 1961.

She enrolled at the school of midwifery, St. Thomas Hospital, London, where she qualified as a state registered midwife SCM in 1962.

She also attended the Royal College of Nursing, England in 1971 and obtained a Diploma in Nursing and Hospital Administration and in 1976, obtained another diploma from Ghana Institute of Management and Personnel Administration.

Miss Nigeria wrote on Instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWVZMfHjlY3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See real beauty, chai! Not all the faces of nowadays they have turned to artist's canvass and skin all bleached off.

That bicycle pose though grin grin. I guess in about 200 years to come the generation then would look at our present day pictures and laughing at us.

We are here today, we will be gone tomorrow
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by sameks08(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2021
Even at 90 she's still shinning but just take a look of all this current make up girls claiming beauty this beauty that with nothing to write home about
Re: Grace Atinuke Oyelude Turns 90 (Photos) by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Before the devil take control of the whole scenario

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine / Precious Chikwendu, FFK's Wife, Pregnant With Triplets For Boyfriend - Sahara R / Arthur Eze: ‘Obiano Is A Small Fry’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.