Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me (1783 Views)

This Wicked Snake That's Killing My Christmas Chicken Was Finally Caught / Gluttony Competition which held at the Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo / The Gluttony Chicken � Made In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Solanaa: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
Good day everyone, I think i really need help, Because I'm scared of my self and acting weird these days.

The problem is, I eat a lot.

Yes, I can finish one pot of spaghetti and still don't feel anything. I so much hate / detest stealing but it has gotten so bad to the extent that sometimes if roomy isn't around, I'd open his pot and take one or two spoons of his food.

I just eat a lot, including drinking garri or spending money or snacks even when i cook it doesn't last because I'll finish it without Hours.

I'm like average. I have no big stomach, and i dont think i will anytime soon, The food doesn't show on my body, assuming it does, I will be so so fat, but it doesn't, my stomach might protrude out a bit after eating but will go back inside after few hours and I will still look the same. Sometimes i wonder where all the food is even going to Because i can finish one pot of spaghetti in the morning and still be hungry In the afternoon.

I seriously need help! Thank you all, Feel free to criticize as well.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by TundeWX: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
cheesy
The food issh aside tho...have you considered the problem might be idleness and boredom..we tend to eat more when bored n idle....
This ur matter funny die cheesy...in this buhari economy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by OKOATA(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
People who eat alot usually have big and protuding stomach, I have a friend like you, he eats almost every 30 Mins and his foodstuffs finishes in a week, his stomach is so big like a fat toad. Just know with that big tummy you will look so unattractive, you also will look so big like a fat pig.
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Hezzyluv: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
The solution is this...
Go and look for better "ejebu gar", like one mudu or close to half paint rubber pour water on it, no let am sok oo... make sure you finished it immediately. Then watch how the gara go swell up inside your stomach.
Trust me, you go hate food for the rest of your life after the exercise grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
Solanaa:

Yes, I can finish one pot of spaghetti and still don't feel anything. I so much hate / detest stealing but it has gotten so bad to the extent that sometimes if roomy isn't around, I'd open his pot and take one or two spoons of his food.
How is your mental health? Are you overweight or do you have high metabolic rate ? undecided

The problem is likely linked with mental issues, barring no known medical issues. So please go see a psychiatrist the soonest. In the meantime, try to change up your diet and feed more on vegetables instead of just the sugar laden foods like rice, spaghetti, garri, bread etc., until you can find lasting solution. undecided

Add more vegetable soup for instance.... undecided
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by michlins(m): 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mehn people are all different.

Since last night, I haven't had anything until this evening.

Skipped dinner because I was tired, left early today skipping breakfast and was too busy to eat during the day. Ate abacha this evening at close of work and then ate this night at home.

Sometimes I look at my meals and feel zero appetite even when I'm hungry in my stomach
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by eedimo(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
I think you need to eat more of proteinous meals for now.
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Lavisha(f): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
OKOATA:
People who eat alot usually have big and protuding stomach, I have a friend like you, he eats almost every 30 Mins and he's foodstuffs finishes in a week, his stomach is so big like a fat toad. Just know with that big tummy you will look so unattractive, you also will look so big like a fat pig.

fuckkin fat pig?!
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
OKOATA:
People who eat alot usually have big and protuding stomach, I have a friend like you, he eats almost every 30 Mins and he's foodstuffs finishes in a week, his stomach is so big like a fat toad. Just know with that big tummy you will look so unattractive, you also will look so big like a fat pig.
Your friend probably has a medical or mental condition that keeps him believing he needs food that often. Try to get him to see a doctor or a psychiatrist. undecided

Contrary to what you may realize, gluttony, also called binge-eating is an illness, not necessarily a lifestyle choice as many ignorant individuals in society like to believe. undecided
Symptoms
Most people with binge-eating disorder are overweight or obese, but you may be at a normal weight. Behavioral and emotional signs and symptoms of binge-eating disorder include:

■Eating unusually large amounts of food in a specific amount of time, such as over a two-hour period
■Feeling that your eating behavior is out of control
■Eating even when you're full or not hungry
■Eating rapidly during binge episodes
■Eating until you're uncomfortably full
■Frequently eating alone or in secret
■Feeling depressed, disgusted, ashamed, guilty or upset about your eating
■Frequently dieting, possibly without weight loss
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/binge-eating-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20353627

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Tenshades(m): 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
Guy, nothing do you o.

Dey chop.

You case no be 'some have food but cannot eat.'

Some dey hospital with food, dem no fit chop.

Shebi no be pipe dem dey use pass food to your stomach? Na you dey use your hand dey carry am go mouth, you chew am grind am swallow am, you even dey sh!t d residue without problem. Haba!

Dey thank God.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by OKOATA(m): 5:20am On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your friend probably has a medical or mental condition that keeps him believing he needs food that often. Try to get him to see a doctor or a psychiatrist. undecided

Contrary to what you may realize, gluttony, also called binge-eating is an illness, not necessarily a lifestyle choice as many ignorant individuals in society like to believe. undecided
I think you are right cos I remember the day he fried 8eggs with 300naira bread I asked him guy you won kill yourself and he said he must eat cos he doesn't know when h will die so he will eat as he likes, that day I began to wonder if he get mental truly.
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Solanaa: 5:24am On Nov 18, 2021
OKOATA:

I'm like average. I have no big stomach, and i dont think i will anytime soon, The food doesn't show on my body, assuming it does, I will be so fat, i Will definitely hate myself.

Kobojunkie:
How is your mental health? Are you overweight or do you have high metabolic rate ? undecided

The problem is likely linked with mental issues, barring no known medical issues. So please go see a psychiatrist the soonest. In the meantime, try to change up your diet and feed more on vegetables instead of just the sugar laden foods like rice, spaghetti, garri, bread etc., until you can find lasting solution. undecided

Add more vegetable soup for instance.... undecided
OKOATA:

I'm scared it might have to do with my mental health honestly, I'm a student inbetween and you know the stress and all, but why i think i have issues is because my roommate doesn't seem to even eat at all and he's all good, But i eat approximately 4 times a day, If i go out with money, I'll spend almost all of them buying one thing or the other
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Nov 18, 2021
Solanaa:
I'm like average. I have no big stomach, and i dont think i will anytime soon, The food doesn't show on my body, assuming it does, I will be so fat, i Will definitely hate myself.

I'm scared it might have to do with my mental health honestly, I'm a student inbetween and you know the stress and all, but why i think i have issues is because my roommate doesn't seem to even eat at all and he's all good, But i eat approximately 4 times a day, If i go out with money, I'll spend almost all of them buying one thing or the other
The compulsion to go as far as to steal fool is indication that there is mental link to what you are experiencing there. What you might need is speak to a counselor about stress and work on better ways to resolve stress than binge-eating. undecided

If you can afford a shrink, you can maybe surf YouTube for videos on binge-eating and stress management and see if you can incorporate some of the idea from there in your life to help you overcome it on your own. Other than that is still recommend professional to guide you through the process if after maybe a month and half of self treatment, you are unable to make any real head way. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Kobojunkie: 5:35am On Nov 18, 2021
OKOATA:
I think you are right cos I remember the day he fried 8eggs with 300naira bread I asked him guy you won kill yourself and he said he must eat cos he doesn't know when h will die so he will eat as he likes, that day I began to wonder if he get mental truly.
Abeg, tell your friend to go see a psychiatrist or mental health practioner before him kill himself with food. That kind of death no funny at all. undecided
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Hed0nist: 7:57am On Nov 18, 2021
Do you smoke weed? If yes then stop and tell me thank you.
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by suffering: 10:12am On Nov 18, 2021
I don't see a problem here. Double your hustle so you can keep up with your appetite.
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2021
Your food intake doesn't means gluttony, some can consume more than others. We are built differently...

Eat beans, something that contains good protein, fibre and vegetable. You will likely stay up for long without feeling hungry...
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Elsueno: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2021
cry
You are soo lucky....it takes me 3 days to finish one spaghetti. And if I slack off my usual exercise routine for just 1-2 weeks the extra fat go show for body cry......My only advantage is I can literally spent the whole day after eating breakfast without anymore food except water....

Mahn I envy you, eating whatever da hell I want without getting fat is one of my lifelong dreams sad

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by CDCEO001: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
You are probably depressed and always lonely or bored.
It has happened to me some years back.
I don't eat much when I am around people or occupied with work.
But eats a lot when alone and not doing anything. And I was really depressed and was considering suicide.

Try to be around your friends and family sometimes and get busy with things that you love doing (exclude eating)

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Omakraid(f): 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
Are you sure it's not worms that's making you eat too much cos it's like you are feeding many people within yourself... My question is what happens to you or your body if you don't give in to the demand of eating as soon as you are hungry?

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Solanaa: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Omakraid:
Are you sure it's not worms that's making you eat too much cos it's like you are feeding many people within yourself... My question is what happens to you or your body if you don't give in to the demand of eating as soon as you are hungry?

Thank you ma'am, I think I'll go and purchase worm medicine and see how it turns out.
Then for your question, I won't feel alright, i won't even think straight, you know as a student i won't even concentrate unless i have sastified that annoying stomach, maybe that's what makes me go to the extent of taking my roommates food. most especially at midnight. (I so much detest stealing, i hate it with passion)

Elsueno:
cry
You are soo lucky....it takes me 3 days to finish one spaghetti. And if I slack off my usual exercise routine for just 1-2 weeks the extra fat go show for body cry......My only advantage is I can literally spent the whole day after eating breakfast without anymore food except water....

Mahn I envy you, eating whatever da hell I want without getting fat is one of my lifelong dreams sad

Well. can't call it luck cos I'm spending a lot feeding my bottomless stomach and am a student that has to be managing. �

CDCEO001:
You are probably depressed and always lonely or bored.
It has happened to me some years back.
I don't eat much when I am around people or occupied with work.
But eats a lot when alone and not doing anything. And I was really depressed and was considering suicide.

Try to be around your friends and family sometimes and get busy with things that you love doing (exclude eating)

I think you're very right because it happens to me when am alone or am around my tight friends. I don't know if i should call it depression but i just know I'm not really alright.
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Solanaa: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hed0nist:
Do you smoke weed? If yes then stop and tell me thank you.

No, I don't
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by bigcee(m): 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Elsueno:
It takes me 3 days to finish one spaghetti.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Solanaa: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2022
Just finished a big pot of rice I prepared around 12pm this afternoon and still feel the need to eat dinner.

I normal so embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Please Help!! Gluttony Is Killing Me by Yooguyz: 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Solanaa:
Good day everyone, I think i really need help, Because I'm scared of my self and acting weird these days.

I just eat a lot, including drinking garri or spending money or snacks even when i cook it doesn't last because I'll finish it without Hours.

I'm like average. I have no big stomach, and i dont think i will anytime soon, The food doesn't show on my body, assuming it does, I will be so so fat, but it doesn't, my stomach might protrude out a bit after eating but will go back inside after few hours and I will still look the same. Sometimes i wonder where all the food is even going to Because i can finish one pot of spaghetti in the morning and still be hungry In the afternoon.

I once had this issue, it's called bullimia nervosa. Funny enough it's hard to stop. Even if you reduce your food intake, you have just worsened it. It's usually accompanied by uncontrollable cravings.

The problem is that the brain has adjusted to your binge eating habits. Eating any less than what it is used to, it will raise hunger hormones to uncontrollable level.

The cure is for you to trick the brain to adapt to less.

What I did in my case was to change my eating timetable entirely and set new lesser Quantity levels of food for two months after which I returned to the previous foods am used to but at a lesser Quantity. It worked and my body adapted to it like magic!

Do well to get back to me when you try this.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See How I Prepare My Special Enjoyment Stew ( Pics And Video) / Skippy Vs Locally Made Peanut Butter, Which Do You Prefer? / How To Make Popcorn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.