Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? (1525 Views)

Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by shantti(m): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2021
This op eh, if u like igbos do much, u can come and buy application form to become one of us. Imagine, so psquare, obi Cubana, Pete edochie, chinua achebe, chimamanda are all igala people. Chai
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by Olu317(m): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
BKayy:

Do you know that what you speak as Yoruba in SW today is Igala language forced on the colonies Igala colonised from 12AD as a lingua Franca?

Those colonies later turned out to be what we now call Yorubas today.

Igala colonised what became Yoruba today for a thousand and 12 years. 800 years of direct colonisation and the remaining 212 years of dwindling influence and indirect colonisation.

The evidence is there. Yorubas still speak Igala till tomorrow
You people are dramatists grin cheesy grin grin . Crappy information

Only on this platform lies peddled seem endearing but still remain lies. Even Attah Igala cannot say so.

Perhaps share the name of the man who brought Yoruba language to Yoruba land from Igala.
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
flokii:

You have been deceived.. Willie Obiano is an Igala man but puts on red cap just like Nyesom Wike of Rivers state.

Anambra state belongs to the Igala people. It's only Abia, Enugu and Imo that have large number of Igbos. Abakaliki people have their own language entirely different from igbo language but they still bear Igbo names.
Lol
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
dokyOloye:
Aturu muru ebule gba aka nwa
Exactly. Where do people bring out these pathetic low budget lies about Anambra from? Anambra is an Igbo speaking state bounded by fellow Igbos in Kogi state. Igalaland lies around the confluence of Niger and Benue rivers in Kogi.
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by alanto: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
Moorish:
This thread is a joke.

Op is obviously trying to incite an online tribal war

I’m yoruba by the way but this thread is bull sh*t

Igbo-Ukwu is older than every body in the south

Show me anything as ancient as Igbo-ukwu in igala land

Bkayy is not okay by the way, he is trying to incite yorubas with falsehood. It was only nupe that fought with yoruba and we reconquered them and nupe was even incorporated into the oyo empire
Why do you people like to be Yoruba so much?
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by Moorish: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2021
alanto:

Why do you people like to be Yoruba so much?
Unlike you I am proud of my heritage
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by alanto: 9:19am On Nov 26, 2021
Moorish:

Unlike you I am proud of my heritage
I was just checking but I read your other posts.
Many people pretend to be Yoruba on this forum they end up attacking Yorubas on code.
Re: Is It True That Most People In Anambra State Are Originally From Igala ? by Moorish: 10:10am On Nov 26, 2021
alanto:

I was just checking but I read your other posts.
Many people pretend to be Yoruba on this forum they end up attacking Yorubas on code.
Whoever does that is a loser

Peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are From Nnewi Anambra Identify Yourself / Nigerian Mentality / Interesting Fact About Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.