Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo (1677 Views)

The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Elose11(m): 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
In his usual frank manner, the Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, in Osun state, Monday said Oduduwa came from somewhere before he settled at Ile-Ife which is contrary to the erroneous belief that Yorubas are from Ile-Ife.

He advised some historians who are reportedly gathered to document the history of Ile-Ife not to limit their research work to the town if they want to be objective in their research.

In a statement personally made available to our correspondent in Osogbo, Oluwo stated that the historians would be putting limitations on Yoruba’s far-reach historical greatness and accomplishments if they limited their research work to Ile-Ife.

He asserted that Oduduwa migrated to Ile-Ife and launched the traditional system of governance with the crown as a symbol of authority, saying that the historians must dig further into the origin and originality of Oduduwa as a descendant of “Ola Mu Iru Dudu Yi” shortened to Lamurudu.

“Yorubas are naturally from greatness. Humanity started from us. We are the descendants of Lamurudu, the first mightiest man to build the tallest house. Our history is beyond Oduduwa and Ile-Ife. Limiting our history to the duo is tantamount to restraint our ancestors from great accomplishments and achievements of the past.

“I challenge Professors of Yorubas to research the origin and originality of Oduduwa. We have to objectively trace his lineage and origin. He came from somewhere before he settled at Ile-Ife. This implies that Yorubas are not originally from Ile-Ife. In documenting the history of the Yorubas, all ancient crowns and stakeholders with genuine interest must be incorporated. We are victor, great and rich. Hence, we must establish our origin to be greater and richer than our forbearers,” Oluwo said.

He maintained that to be accepted, Yoruba ancestors/ancestral home must be traced to pure, unadulterated Yoruba-speaking ancient towns which their intonation can be device to write and pass Yoruba examinations with recognized bodies such as JAMB, WAEC, and NECO.

“I’m a descendant of Oduduwa. Empirically, the origin of humanity is pointing to the Yorubas. The first man created, Adamo, was a Yoruba. I’ve researched in books and beyond on the coinage of Adamo. I’ve extended my findings to the Yoruba religion which is worshipping of direct access to Olodumare without intermediaries, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism e.t.c to know the meaning of Adamo. I’ve been vindicated by many revelations. In the dictionary, Adamo means “created from the red earth” meaning “Eni ti a da ninu amo. I’m throwing it open for further academic investigation by Yoruba professors.

“Oduduwa migrated from somewhere before he settled at Ile-Ife with a crown as a symbol of authority. He was coming from somewhere. Our research should focus on ancient cities speaking pure, unadulterated Yoruba language (Yoruba Ajumolo) accepted by bodies conducting Yoruba examinations such as WAEC, JAMB, and NECO,” Oluwo said.

https://blueprint.ng/yorubas-are-not-originally-from-ile-ife-oluwo-challenges-historians/

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Elose11(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
Elose11:
In his usual frank manner, the Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, in Osun state, Monday said Oduduwa came from somewhere before he settled at Ile-Ife which is contrary to the erroneous belief that Yorubas are from Ile-Ife.

He advised some historians who are reportedly gathered to document the history of Ile-Ife not to limit their research work to the town if they want to be objective in their research.

In a statement personally made available to our correspondent in Osogbo, Oluwo stated that the historians would be putting limitations on Yoruba’s far-reach historical greatness and accomplishments if they limited their research work to Ile-Ife.

He asserted that Oduduwa migrated to Ile-Ife and launched the traditional system of governance with the crown as a symbol of authority, saying that the historians must dig further into the origin and originality of Oduduwa as a descendant of “Ola Mu Iru Dudu Yi” shortened to Lamurudu.

“Yorubas are naturally from greatness. Humanity started from us. We are the descendants of Lamurudu, the first mightiest man to build the tallest house. Our history is beyond Oduduwa and Ile-Ife. Limiting our history to the duo is tantamount to restraint our ancestors from great accomplishments and achievements of the past.

“I challenge Professors of Yorubas to research the origin and originality of Oduduwa. We have to objectively trace his lineage and origin. He came from somewhere before he settled at Ile-Ife. This implies that Yorubas are not originally from Ile-Ife. In documenting the history of the Yorubas, all ancient crowns and stakeholders with genuine interest must be incorporated. We are victor, great and rich. Hence, we must establish our origin to be greater and richer than our forbearers,” Oluwo said.

He maintained that to be accepted, Yoruba ancestors/ancestral home must be traced to pure, unadulterated Yoruba-speaking ancient towns which their intonation can be device to write and pass Yoruba examinations with recognized bodies such as JAMB, WAEC, and NECO.

“I’m a descendant of Oduduwa. Empirically, the origin of humanity is pointing to the Yorubas. The first man created, Adamo, was a Yoruba. I’ve researched in books and beyond on the coinage of Adamo. I’ve extended my findings to the Yoruba religion which is worshipping of direct access to Olodumare without intermediaries, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism e.t.c to know the meaning of Adamo. I’ve been vindicated by many revelations. In the dictionary, Adamo means “created from the red earth” meaning “Eni ti a da ninu amo. I’m throwing it open for further academic investigation by Yoruba professors.

“Oduduwa migrated from somewhere before he settled at Ile-Ife with a crown as a symbol of authority. He was coming from somewhere. Our research should focus on ancient cities speaking pure, unadulterated Yoruba language (Yoruba Ajumolo) accepted by bodies conducting Yoruba examinations such as WAEC, JAMB, and NECO,” Oluwo said.

https://blueprint.ng/yorubas-are-not-originally-from-ile-ife-oluwo-challenges-historians/

We have told them severally that their Oduduwa was a Benin prince. Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos told them on severally fora. They were vilified and called names. Now one of there own have echoed it. Will my Yoruba brothers listen?

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by EmirofAfonjaz: 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
How can a Race that claims to be sophisticated, not have a concise history of their ancestry?

This is very RONUlessly foolish

Anyway...I know that Oduduwa was chased from heaven and fell down. Oduduwa is the DEVIL
grin.

17 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by BOSSkesh(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
Are you sure you know history
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by BOSSkesh(m): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
Oduduwa came from heaven and was the first man on earth

Free Palestine
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Zonefree(m): 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Oduduwa came from heaven and was the first man on earth

Oduduwa fit be Lucifer o shocked

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by MXrep: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
Simple research lazy yorubas cannot do. How can Oduduwa father the whole yoruba nation, a man who lived circa 10th century?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by DelilahMakinde(f): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
Well Ooni is actually a descendant of Nimrod or Lamurudu....look at his crown which bears similarities to Nimrod's

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Gajagojo: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
We know
Oduduwa arrived in Ile Ife about 1000 years ago

His descendants are Omoba and rulers in Ife,Oyo and some other kingdoms
The indigenous peoples were there before him and in fact he did not speak Yoruba
We know
So what?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by forgiveness: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
Elose11:

We have told them severally that their Oduduwa was a Benin prince. Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos told them on severally fora. They were vilified and called names. Now one of there own have echoed it. Will my Yoruba brothers listen?

If Oduduwa was from Benin, why did Benin send emissaries to Oduduwa to replicate the system of monarchy rule in Ile Ife?

What was his father's name in Benin? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by IreneChidi(f): 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
How can a Race that claims to be sophisticated, not have a concise history of their ancestry?

Anyway...I know that Oduduwa was chased from heaven and fell down. Oduduwa is the DEVIL
grin.
yellow bar mazlems are immigrants from Mali that settled in southwest.
they're not real Omoluabis

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by MXrep: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
We know
Oduduwa arrived in Ile I've about 1000 years ago

His descendants are Omoba and rulers in Ife,Oyo and some other kingdoms
The indigenous peoples were there before him and in fact he did not speak Yoruba
We know
So what?
Why una go forge history say all yorubas descended from him? Like saying Hausas are descendants of Usman Dan Fodio

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by killsmith(f): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by MXrep: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
forgiveness:

If Oduduwa was from Benin, why did Benin send emissaries to Oduduwa to replicate the system of monarchy rule in Ile Ife?

Another forgery. Make una de invent takes by moonlight and be calling it history

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Gajagojo: 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
MXrep:

Why una go forge history say all yorubas descended from him? Like saying Hausas are descendants of Usman Dan Fodio
You sound jobless and bitter
The internet provides an opportunity for you to think you can talk to me
Somehow in your head you imagine we are mates or on the same level where you can open your mouth and address me as if we are coevals
We are not

I am not your father's mate .
So run along ,go and look for your mates to throw banter with
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by killsmith(f): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
They are all fools to believe a man fell from the sky.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by EmirofAfonjaz: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
No wonder Fulani dont regard them... cheesy cheesy cheesy

IreneChidi:
yellow bar mazlems are immigrants from Mali that settled in southwest.
they're not real Omoluabis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Mombebe: 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:

grin.

😂😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by chiagozien(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Oduduwa fall from sky hitting his head on rock.

There's a reason skull mining is their tradition

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by EmirofAfonjaz: 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
This what they dont want you to see.

See how small Fulani boy change am for Yoruba people

Christistruth00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgS1ItNew8o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Zuckembego: 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Don't just read the headline but the content then you will understand what he's saying
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Racoon(m): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
grin
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by paxx: 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by forgiveness: 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
MXrep:

Another forgery. Make una de invent takes by moonlight and be calling it history

Benin borrowed monarchy system of government from Oduduwa.

Now, answer. What is the name of Oduduwa father in Benin since you claimed he came from Benin? grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by KillIgbohoN0W: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
So Oduduwa actually met Igbos in Ile Ife.
This is interesting..
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Christistruth00: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
This what they dont want you to see.

See how small Fulani boy change am for Yoruba people

Did you Say Fulani
Just Watch what is about to happen

Plans don't need to be announced
You will see what will happen soon
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Christistruth00: 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:
So Oduduwa actually met Igbos in Ile Ife.
This is interesting..

Let us tell you something

The Ijebu,Ilaje,Owu,Akoko,Ekiti,Ijesha Yorubas
are all of Ancient Igbo heritage

Many of the descendants of the Igbos Oduduwa met in Ife are still there in the Obawirin Quarters of Ife
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by EmirofAfonjaz: 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
See painment and tears!!!....

TRY FULANI IN YORUBA LAND AND DIE...
grin

Christistruth00:

Did you Say Fulani
Just Watch what is about to happen

Plans don't need to be announced
You will see what will happen soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgS1ItNew8o

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by KillIgbohoN0W: 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
Christistruth00:

Let us tell you something

The Ijebu,Ilaje,Owu,Akoko,Ekiti,Ijesha Yorubas
are all of Ancient Igbo heritage

Many of the Igbos Oduduwa met in Ife are still there in the Obawirin Quarters of Ife

Hmmm!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Elose11(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
forgiveness:

Oduduwa was a crown prince in Benin. He had issue with some Benin chiefs and was set up to be killed. Those that were to kill him sets him free outside Benin, and told him never to come back. It is while running for his life that he came to Ile Ife. Ile Ife people recognized the royalty in him and made him their king. After many years, the Benin heard he was alive when there was a succession issue in Benin. So they sent their chiefs to Ile Ife to convince him to come back to Benin and take over the throne of his late father. Not trusting them because of his past experiences, he refused to go back with them and rather sent his youngest son Oramiyan to rule Benin in his place.
So you can see that it was Benin that introduced their monarchy to Ile Ife and not the other way round
Re: Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo by Christistruth00: 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
See painment and tears!!!....

TRY FULANI IN YORUBA LAND AND DIE...
grin

Lol !
You are even mixing up Fulani with Yoruba Muslims

Kwara has always had Yoruba Governors who are free to remove any Traditional Ruler that misbehaves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Expats Learn Nigerian (Igbo) Culture For Husbands' Sake / What Do Nigerians Really Think About American Black People? / Akiyesi Pataki Fun Awon Agbofinro!!! (yoruba Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.