Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end (1273 Views)

Can I Fight This Now Or Wait Till The Baby Is Grown? / She Knew She Won’t Make It Till The Next Day. / I Became A "Baby Daddy" After My Dad Questioned My Ability To Impregnate Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 18, 2021
So I met this guy who shares his story with me, at the end my only advice for him was to take it to God in prayer for divine wisdom but what do you guys think?
This may seem a bit scripted only because I’m retelling the story and I intentionally want it to look like a screenplay, regardless of the ingenuity, it is a real life’s tale.

His narration: “I met a girl one night around my area, here in Abuja, I was so full of lost and insisted on having her, she refused and walked away, few minutes later she came across my way again, I didn’t expect to see her again but when I did, I continued my wooing, eventually she fell, we had unprotected sex behind a block, the sex seemed intoxicating and we felt hungrier for each other, eventually she followed me home that night, which was less than 2km away.

“When we got home, we continued the ramming, we went fast & furious for hours, more than few straight rounds, I lost count, our strength matched and to be honest such energy rush seem unprecedented, not like I took any boosters, drugs or whatsoever. It was past 1am by then time we were done, she calmly asked me to walk her back to the place we met (name withheld). So I did, I didn’t bother taking her number but she grew more attached to me and requested to exchange contacts, I obliged not because I was as crazy as she was but just to appease her, for I knew I was never going to call her ever. However, little did I know that it was a night that would never go away from my memory.

“It was two weeks past already after my promiscuous encounter with that young lady, I went on about my normal life as if it never happened. It was a just another day in the office, when my phone rang and it was an unknown number, I picked and a female voice conversed with me with so much familiarity, as it is in my nature to listen to the sound of a familiar voice or other clues to pick on rather than asking who it is that’s calling, but I failed to pick up any clues, eventually as she talked on and on about how strange she had been feeling and all, I imagined that it was her.

“That was when I began to listen to her actual narratives, I asked her very specific questions and after I heard her responses, I knew she was pregnant, being that it was not the first time I received such call. In that very moment my heart sank deep into my stomach, but strangely I wasn’t troubled, I never seemed more confident and calmer in the face of adversity. Probably for the fact that I ended the call on the note of relief assuring her that it was nothing serious, leaving a smile on her face with my usually exaggerated sense of humour and sweet mouthing.

“Later that evening, when I had settled down, I called her back and introduced the possibility of pregnancy to her, she was only 18years old are the time. I requested that she go to a nearby chemist and get test trips and then I instructed her on how to use. Somewhere within me I had prayed that she tested negative, though I knew what the result was going to be.

“Ring…ring…ring…the next morning, without looking at my phone I anticipated her call, when she announced the number of lines she saw on the trip, I short my eyes and took a deep breath. The next words that flowed from my mouth came with so much ease and confidence that I almost believed myself when I told her that everything was going to be alright. Her subbing faded away and all of a sudden she was revamped with much enthusiasm. Over the next couple of days we talked consistently, she took me to her world of fantasy, asking me about baby names, how many more kids I wanted and all, you know how that goes.

“Unfortunately, for me as the devil may have had it, this was at a time when I was about to lose my job, my bank had been having financial troubles, the bank was overhauled by CBN, EFCC picked some persons and the rest is history.

“Most nights, I lost sleep, thinking about my next moves, while my soon to be baby mama was swimming in her fantasies and enjoying our long calls. Meanwhile, she knew nothing about me, probably just my name. After a lot of thoughts, I decided to take her away, I made the suggestion to have her relocate with me in Lagos, she concurred.

“On the day we planned to meet, she already packed her bags and sneaked out of her home, I was in at the agreed spot waiting for her. She was elated to see me, I felt the same way but more of pity and soberness. Everything went according to plan, I left Abuja with her, selling off some of my properties.

“We barely spent two peaceful nights, when I insisted that she turned on her phone, she had wanted to break the sim entirely but I objected. Then the calls started pouring in from her family, extended relatives and friends, I couldn’t sleep that night, my conscience ripped me apart, she woke up occasionally to put me to sleep, she was intoxicated by the initial confidence I installed in her and also displayed at first when I insisted that she must not terminate the pregnancy like my other girls did, I watched this young lady sleep in my arms comfortably, she laughed so vibrantly and behaved herself so well in my presence, the way she handled the incessant calls from her parents also shocked me. One part of me never wanted those beautiful smiles to turn to bitterness or the excitement to turn to disappointment but reality began to dawn on me, on the third day after a long discussion and brain storming with her (she was a very smart girl), I coerced her to go back to Abuja, I took her to the airport and waited until her flight to Abuja departed.

“When she touched down, she went straight to her elder sisters’ whom she said would understand things since she too was in the same situation before the man decided to marry her. Over the next few weeks we talked constantly, I also talked with the sister and her husband, they assured her parents that she (my baby mama) was safe and sound with them, thereon everything seemed controlled and things flowed with relative ease.

“I had convinced the sister that the pregnancy must not be touched, she saw reasons with me and we talked like friends. Now, the plan was to rent the girl a place of her own close to her sisters house, so she could look after her and after one year of delivery I would take the baby to my mother back home, meanwhile the girl will learn a skill preferably sewing. My idea seemed good and was accepted by everyone. Little did I know that we were yet to meet the raging currents of the sea on which we were afloat.

“Trouble struck when my baby mama had an unforeseen disagreement with her sister, I didn’t anticipate that in my calculations. This disagreement led to an argument and my matter came up, trust women. On the same day I received a disturbing call from the sister, telling me of how center will no longer hold, meaning that our arrangements will no longer continue and that she didn’t want her younger sister anywhere near her anymore, in fact she had already called their mother before calling me and that she must have been on her way then the time we were conversing. By this time I realised that the matter had gone south, so it happened, her parents learnt of our little secret, she went back home with her mom after some humiliation and beating.

“A few months later I visited her parents and explained things to them and apologised too, they said they were amazed and quite taken by my personality and mannerism, so they offered me cola as a gesture of peace and acceptance. Though, I noticed a lot of resentment from her mum, I didn’t say a word. As times passed, she delivered a copy of me, a bouncing baby boy (an incredibly handsome boy), I sent cash regularly as agreed with her parents. I visited about thrice, I felt that in quantifiable joy that comes with holding your own child and watching them smile at you. Everything seemed wonderful, note that by this time I haven’t told my family about this, I only had one friend with whom I shared the secret and visited with.

“Little did I know that we were yet to swim the raging sea wave upon which we were afloat, so it happened that when her parents talked about marriage I rejected the idea without a second thought because we didn’t love each other and frankly I didn’t see a future with her. They respected my decision and later they brought up the idea of training her in school, I told them that it was feasible if the burden will be equally shared. Soon after they got her an admission in the Open University and sent me a bill, to be honest I was not buoyant at the time so I told them I couldn’t make the full payment, they reserved their comments.

“Not long after I returned from an oversea trip, transiting via Abuja, I had agreed with my baby’s mum to meet up with her, her sister and my son for his birthday. But, I was disappointed after everything I sacrificed to be in Abuja. When I finally got across to her, she told me that her mother denied my request, saying that I plan to snatch the baby and run away. I felt extremely vexed, so I called the old lady to rebuke her. The strife grew into a bitter argument in the following days. She ended up telling me that she no longer needed my financial support and all. I reminded her of the day she fainted on me and I had to carry her and how I had taken care of her, but she got even angrier and said that those were nothing compared to what she had been through, thinking with an open mind I knew she was right and I felt very terrible for everything and still do.

“To cut a very long story short, things have remained this way, the last time I saw my son was 2 years ago and he is 3 years old now. He looks chubby and healthy, I learnt from my planted sources that he is adored and pampered because of his looks. I also learned that they family have decided not to welcome me anymore if I’d visit. Most importantly, I have been informed of their tradition, that the girl will have to be married away first then I would pay a dowry on her head before taking my boy and meanwhile the boy will bear their surname.

“I’m okay with all that but the problem now is that I’m looking forward to shaping my life now, I have a beautiful lawyer with whom I am expecting to settle. I don’t know how the child being a boy will fit into my life, he doesn’t know me, no one in my family knows about him, I don’t know how my fiancé will adjust with another woman’s SON not even a daughter. I shared my secret with her and she claims to love kids and will take him as her own. It would be less complicated if I married my baby’s mum but I don’t love her, I can’t present her to my people for personal reasons, besides she has grown a tough skin and so much hatred for me now, there’s too much bad blood between us, not to mention the feud between myself and her family.

“I know that I have consciously skipped certain details but I have anticipated every possible scenario and I can tell you that this situation is dire for a simple mind, therefore I need a brilliantly constructed suggestions and intelligent advice. What would you do if you were in my position?
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Kobojunkie: 3:06am On Nov 18, 2021
artimisfowler:
So I met this guy who shares his story with me, at the end my only advice for him was to take it to God in prayer for divine wisdom but what do you guys think?
This may seem a bit scripted only because I’m retelling the story and I intentionally want it to look like a screenplay, regardless of the ingenuity, it is a real life’s tale.
OP, I am interested in understanding why your advice to him was that he take it to God in prayer for divine wisdom and stuff? I mean nothing in the story indicates that God factored in anywhere in the decisions he made to this point, so I wonder why you suggest God to him as if some magic 8 ball to consult for answers when stumped by our stupid & albeit decisions in this world? undecided

As for the young man, he seems to be on a roll as far as decisions are concerned - it's his life and his energy after all, so why does he need advice from anyone now. He should continue and see where the road leads him. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by olus01(m): 3:32am On Nov 18, 2021
This epistle is too long abeg

2 Likes

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Bola146(f): 3:47am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Snitch24(m): 3:47am On Nov 18, 2021
Complicated
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Dailyparrot: 6:25am On Nov 18, 2021
Too long although I read from the beginning to the end.

For those who jealous baby daddies, come and see the outcome. There's nothing fun about it.

You end up creating problems for yourself and the baby mama. Now the guy has gotten a girl that fits into his ideal wife but has to deal with the complications of a baby mama and a son born out of wedlock.

What difference would it make if he marries and have this child in a responsible home.

People should think their decisions through before taking it.

3 Likes

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2021
Dailyparrot:
Too long although I read from the beginning to the end.

For those who jealous baby daddies, come and see the outcome. There's nothing fun about it.

You end up creating problems for yourself and the baby mama. Now the guy has gotten a girl that fits into his ideal wife but has to deal with the complications of a baby mama and a son born out of wedlock.

What difference would it make if he marries and have this child in a responsible home.

People should think their decisions through before taking it.

Well said bro
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
OP, I am interested in understanding why your advice to him was that he take it to God in prayer for divine wisdom and stuff? I mean nothing in the story indicates that God factored in anywhere in the decisions he made to this point, so I wonder why you suggest God to him as if some magic 8 ball to consult for answers when stumped by our stupid & albeit decisions in this world? undecided

As for the young man, he seems to be on a roll as far as decisions are concerned - it's his life and his energy after all, so why does he need advice from anyone now. He should continue and see where the road leads him. undecided

He asked for advice, so if you have one you should give.
As for my bringing God in that’s man’s last resort. When things seem impossible to man, by default he turns to the supernatural, for idol worshippers they turn to their idols, traditionalist would turn to their traditions and so on, why we who bare the name of Christ turns turn to him. It’s not a bad suggestion
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 18, 2021
olus01:
This epistle is too long abeg

Let me try to summarise it, I wanted to write a story out of it sha
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2021
This matter truly is complicated...
The guy Fu..ck up big time ((buh I guess he already knows that)...

I wouldn't advice him to marry his baby mama, marriage because of anything buh genuine love and understanding is bound to be filled with problems... So no need getting married to her, let him go with who his heart wants ..

As for the baby mama...
With the intensity of bad blood between him and his baby Mama's family, it may get to a time where he will be denied access to his child...

Thus I would advice him to seek legal counsel, let himself and the baby mama fix visiting and child support rights..they should both decide at what age the child can start staying with him so that he forms a bond with his kid....

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2021
Favfables1:
This matter truly is complicated...
The guy Fu..ck up big time ((buh I guess he already knows that)...

I wouldn't advice him to marry his baby mama, marriage because of anything buh genuine love and understanding is bound to be filled with problems... So no need getting married to her, let him go with who his heart wants ..

As for the baby mama...
With the intensity of bad blood between him and his baby Mama's family, it may get to a time where he will be denied access to his child...

Thus I would advice him to seek legal counsel, let himself and the baby mama fix visiting and child support rights..they should both decide at what age the child can start staying with him so that he forms a bond with his kid....

Very thoughtful, thanks
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Foodqueen(f): 11:41am On Nov 18, 2021
Since baby mama decides to do alone. He should let her be.

Since he has told his fiance, and she is ok with it. Then he should move on with his life.(The moment she sees that u av moved on, she will cry tire)

Baby mamas always like using their children as a weapon to punish the man.

When she is tired of fighting herself, she will call u up again for support.

3 Likes

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by piroux(f): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I am curious about this too. The young man doesn't seem very interested in God or what God can do for him.

And he seems to have a way around his problems. I don't know why he's seeking advice now as there really isn't a big problem here.

He has a woman he wants to marry who is aware of the child.

He has a baby mama who doesn't want to see him and whose family won't give him access to the child.

So marry and move on. Water will find its own level. You should send upkeep money and document the evidence for future purpose and tell your own family so if anything happens to you, they know you have a child out there who shouldn't be denied.

I would have berated your having sex outside against a building with someone you didn't know. And the fact that you had made several girls commit abortion before this one. But what's my own?

2 Likes

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
artimisfowler:
He asked for advice, so if you have one you should give.
As for my bringing God in that’s man’s last resort. When things seem impossible to man, by default he turns to the supernatural, for idol worshippers they turn to their idols, traditionalist would turn to their traditions and so on, why we who bare the name of Christ turns turn to him. It’s not a bad suggestion
It's a bad suggestion to throw Jesus Christ at someone, anyone, without first giving them a clear understanding of the cost that comes with believing in Him - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. Jesus Christ never came as a "last resort" for us but instead as an option while we still live. The Salvation He offered us comes at a steep price - we are meant to abandon everything we are and own in order to obtain it. undecided

This man in your story does not sound like someone looking to abandon anything - instead his desire is to eat his cake and have it all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by ImaIma1(f): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
I can't just get past the fact that he just met the girl and he had to have sex with her on the road. No condom, no precautions, no fear, no sense. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
ImaIma1:
I can't just get past the fact that he just met the girl and he had to have sex with her on the road. No condom, no precautions, no fear, no sense. Na wa o.
Lol
Well, we all make mistakes, don’t be so quick to judge my dear. I don’t know if you’re a virgin or have never fallen over a man stranger or not, in that moment of weakness and you let it take over you, that sinful pleasure beats us all, it happens to the best of us, including myself. I’m not the one to cast a stone on others. But there’s a presence which overcometh that ruthless power, the of lust and that is the presence of Christ in us.
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It's a bad suggestion to throw Jesus Christ at someone, anyone, without first giving them a clear understanding of the cost that comes with believing in Him - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. Jesus Christ never came as a "last resort" for us but instead as an option while we still live. The Salvation He offered us comes at a steep price - we are meant to abandon everything we are and own in order to obtain it. undecided

This man in your story does not sound like someone looking to abandon anything - instead his desire is to eat his cake and have it all. undecided

grin Easy bro, he is still alive, at least if he tried other things and finally decide to seek God as a last resort, it’s still a win for Heaven.

It’s good that you mentioned the book of Luke, now in chapter 5 verse 32 of Luke, remember that Christ said that He came not to save the righteous, but the sinners. Also read Isaiah 61:1

Well, my honest prayers for him is that he would abandon everything and seek the face of God while He may yet be found.
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
artimisfowler:
grin Easy bro, he is still alive, at least if he tried other things and finally decide to seek God as a last resort, it’s still a win for Heaven.

It’s good that you mentioned the book of Luke, now in chapter 5 verse 32 of Luke, remember that Christ said that He came not to save the righteous, but the sinners. Also read Isaiah 61:1

Well, my honest prayers for him is that he would abandon everything and seek the face of God while He may yet be found.
What Jesus Christ said in Luke 5 vs 22 in no way overrides His declaration In Luke 14 vs 25 -33. Yes, He came to save sinners and not saints, but only those sinners who are willing to abandon it all can and will be saved. Any sinner who is not ready to abandon everything for His sake is not and will not be saved, as Jesus Christ taught. undecided

A majority of those who call themselves Christians refuse to obey Jesus Christ's command to abandon everything- houses, wife, children, father, mother, jobs/businesses, reputation, etc., for His sake - they refuse to believe Jesus Christ meant what He said. How much more a man who has absolutely no idea what the cost really is? undecided
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
piroux:

I am curious about this too. The young man doesn't seem very interested in God or what God can do for him.

And he seems to have a way around his problems. I don't know why he's seeking advice now as there really isn't a big problem here.

He has a woman he wants to marry who is aware of the child.

He has a baby mama who doesn't want to see him and whose family won't give him access to the child.

So marry and move on. Water will find its own level. You should send upkeep money and document the evidence for future purpose and tell your own family so if anything happens to you, they know you have a child out there who shouldn't be denied.

I would have berated your having sex outside against a building with someone you didn't know. And the fact that you had made several girls commit abortion before this one. But what's my own?

Very solid one @piroux I also like that you think there isn’t a big problem here, I want to agree but then again only the one who wears a shoe knows where it hurts the most.

I also want to point out that he didn’t make his ex’s terminate pregnancies, from what I understood most of them did without his consent, he only found out later, some had self-induced termination and others insisted. I guess that was why he insisted on having this one and easily convinced the young girl so.
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What Jesus Christ said in Luke 5 vs 22 in no way overrides His declaration In Luke 14 vs 25 -33. Yes, He came to save sinners and not saints, but only those sinners who are willing to abandon it all can and will be saved. Any sinner who is not ready to abandon everything for His sake is not and will not be saved, as Jesus Christ taught. undecided

A majority of those who call themselves Christians refuse to obey Jesus Christ's command to abandon everything- houses, wife, children, father, mother, jobs/businesses, reputation, etc., for His sake - they refuse to believe Jesus Christ meant what He said. How much more a man who has absolutely no idea what the cost really is? undecided

Maybe this sinner may be willing to abandon all, all he may need is our encouragement and prayers. Remember, that we must as acclaimed “practicing Christians” use our mouth (chats) for that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Don’t you agree?
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
1. He should go ahead and marry the woman he wants to marry, not the baby mama. He says he doesn't love the baby mama nor see a future with her, so there's no need marrying her 'cus both of them will be miserable.

2. He shouldn't take the boy away to live with him and his soon-to-be wife, as if you can take away a women's child just like that. The child deserves to be with his mother /the baby mama. From the write up, her family is very much involved in her life. I'm sure they will help her raise him while she goes back to school or gets her life together.

3. He should send the baby mama monthly child support to help her take care of the child and needs to work out that arrangement with her. They can also set up a shared-custody arrangement (in which he goes to see/spend time with the boy once in a while) but the kid should remain with his mother.

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
artimisfowler:
Maybe this sinner may be willing to abandon all, all he may need is our encouragement and prayers. Remember, that we must as acclaimed “practicing Christians” use our mouth (chats) for that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Don’t you agree?
Wait a second....But you didn't tell this young man of the cost of what God had to offer him in the first place, so how could he have been willing to do that which he doesn't know he first has to do in order to be saved? undecided

By the way, have you yourself abandoned everything in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ? Or do you like many think that this is all by mouth action? For example, Jesus Christ said to sell all your possessions and give away to the poor. .. did you do that yourself? undecided

It is best to leave God out of these discussions as we end up confusing people with the untruths we tell them of God, heaping on more confusion into the mix. undecided
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by horpe132(m): 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sometimes/Most times we feel or believe & it looks like our actions/inactions will be the end of us, our plans, dreams already In motion, but life just decides Most times to Continue & make us blend with the results of our actions/inactions...
Life isn't defined by anytime, it is relative....., will your actions aid your happiness/ambition etc & that of your immediate family?... If yes, then carry on, if No, them chose otherwise, with whatever you chose to do, there's a consequence that you can only envision or project @ 50%..
I'm not in the Ops mind, but since he/she is asking for my opinion in this case, I'll say...
Due to my upbringing, expiriences in life, religion, etc, I would first,
...... In all, you need lots of Courage to begin with........

1. inform my parents abt the child and the bay mama, intimate them of all that transpired..
2. Find every means to cool down the baby Mama's family, reduce the bad blood, be the fool for a bigger picture, win them over @least 50%
3. In the process of No.2, I'll tell my present babe/fiancee abt the baby, the baby mama & all.... Let all hell let loose..
4. You also need alot of Counseling to go through through this, lots of prayers too & every support you can get frnd frnds & family..
Then we take it up frm there, no more secrets or hiding, clean slate ...
Remember how it felt when you lost your job in Abuja & almost gave up on yourself, that's how it's gonna feel now, like the world is gon end, but guess what,
The world just began & your issue isn't up to 0.1% of the issues that could end this world or your life!

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second....But you didn't tell this young man of the cost of what God had to offer him in the first place, so how could he have been willing to do that which he doesn't know he first has to do in order to be saved? undecided

By the way, have you yourself abandoned everything in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ? Or do you like many think that this is all by mouth action? For example, Jesus Christ said to sell all your possessions and give away to the poor. .. did you do that yourself? undecided

It is best to leave God out of these discussions as we end up confusing people with the untruths we tell them of God, heaping on more confusion into the mix. undecided

How would you know that he doesn’t know what to do or about Christ and what His fellowship entails?

Sometimes man thinks he is filled to the brim but all he needs to do is to simply empty his cup and the Holy One will penetrate and bring true wisdom. I believe that you do need to read more widely and the scripture more deeply. I’m not a religious zealot nor do I dabble in such non-profitable arguments.

I also want you to understand that every portion of the scripture addresses a particular issue or aims to achieve a specific objective and should not be generalised so to say. You must never generalise the Holy book on the basis of your eisegesis, if you know what I mean.

Also to correct the impression of leaving God out of discussions, well, I make bold to say to you my brother that you’re wrong. Because God so loved man that He gave His only Son for him, people deserve to always have God, His Love and saving power introduced or refreshed in their memories even when they are in trouble or in destitution, in fact especially then, for that may be when they may appreciate God most, when was the last time a wealthy happy man remembered to go on his knees in prayer to God? Ok when was the last time a bed-sick person with a terminal disease like cancer or say a person in police cell remembered God and cried to Him? My guess may be as good as yours…everyday!

Let me take you back to the Bible, there are too many instances in the Bible to mention here of how God patiently allowed His people (free will) to act in ways that seemed right to them until they fell and then, came He to show his might and power to save when man is powerless. Just look at the story of Samson, ok what about Apostle Paul, the man whom He used to write about half of the Bible you and I read today.

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said to sell all your possessions and give away to the poor. .. did you do that yourself? undecided

Have you thought about Solomon, what are your thoughts about the thief whom was crucified along side Christ? Did he sell all of his possession to give to the poor before He received that Divine Grace? Did He even have the time?

Did Jesus at that critical moment “leave God out of that discussion, in order not to confuse the thief”?

Haba my brother, you need to rethink the basics of your Christianity. What makes an educated person of the 21st century is the ability to learn, unlearn and relearn. You’ve made me write more than I intended to but I hope it’s for the best, if it helps someone...Cheers!
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 19, 2021
horpe132:
Sometimes/Most times we feel or believe & it looks like our actions/inactions will be the end of us, our plans, dreams already In motion, but life just decides Most times to Continue & make us blend with the results of our actions/inactions...
Life isn't defined by anytime, it is relative....., will your actions aid your happiness/ambition etc & that of your immediate family?... If yes, then carry on, if No, them chose otherwise, with whatever you chose to do, there's a consequence that you can only envision or project @ 50%..
I'm not in the Ops mind, but since he/she is asking for my opinion in this case, I'll say...
Due to my upbringing, expiriences in life, religion, etc, I would first,

1. inform my parents abt the child and the bay mama, intimate them of all that transpired..
2. Find every means to cool down the baby Mama's family, reduce the bad blood, be the fool for a bigger picture, win them over @least 50%
3. In the process of No.2, I'll tell my present babe/fiancee abt the baby, the baby mama & all.... Let all hell let loose..
Then we take it up frm there, no more secrets or hiding, clean slate ...
Remember how it felt when you lost your job in Abuja & almost gave up on yourself, that's how it's gonna feel now, like the world is gon end, but guess what,
The world just began & your issue isn't up to 0.1% of the issues that could end this world or your life!

Bomber!!! Very wonderful advice, I’m sure that bay daddy will seriously take this into advisement.
Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by ImaIma1(f): 5:44am On Nov 19, 2021
artimisfowler:

Lol
Well, we all make mistakes, don’t be so quick to judge my dear. I don’t know if you’re a virgin or have never fallen over a man stranger or not, in that moment of weakness and you let it take over you, that sinful pleasure beats us all, it happens to the best of us, including myself. I’m not the one to cast a stone on others. But there’s a presence which overcometh that ruthless power, the of lust and that is the presence of Christ in us.

I'm not judging. And that is not a mistake. It is "ojukokoro". I'm talking about the fact that he had no value for his life and wellbeing, just for immediate sex with a stranger that could potentially lead to a number of consequences.

Who meets someone and has sex with her on the road? He wasn't even weary of the kind of girl that accepts such an ùarrangement. No self control whatsoever. He didn't know if she was a spirit. Having her was all.that was on his mind.

1 Like

Re: Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2021
ImaIma1:

I'm not judging. And that is not a mistake. It is "ojukokoro". I'm talking about the fact that he had no value for his life and wellbeing, just for immediate sex with a stranger that could potentially lead to a number of consequences.

Who meets someone and has sex with her on the road? He wasn't even weary of the kind of girl that accepts such an ùarrangement. No self control whatsoever. He didn't know if she was a spirit. Having her was all.that was on his mind.

Ok

(1) (Reply)

My Family And I On A Date / Please Help / To Smoke, Drink And Womanise Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.