Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist (1567 Views)

A True Atheist Or Sceptic Will Believe In Afterlife / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 6:42am On Nov 18, 2021
Anyone who can turn just 1 out of 100 bowls of water into wine?
I just require just 1% success rate from you, that’s how easy it is for anyone to even convince me with a testable evidence.

Although 1% isn’t a scientifically significant result but I just want to give theists the opportunity to convince atheists without plenty talks and numerous excuses.

Successfully turn 1 out of 100 bowls of water into wine, I will serve your god and I will also give you 100k cash.

5 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Felimax(m): 6:59am On Nov 18, 2021
Please wallow in your ignorance in peace. If at this stage of your life God has not proved Himself to you then that is your cup of tea. 100k that cannot fill up my gas cylinder.
As for me I wonder and ponder why God is so loving and caring! I prayed for a penny He gave me vault and more.
We are not all suppose to actually acknowledge God, yes, because we all are not born of God though all created by Him. So goodluck!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 7:01am On Nov 18, 2021
Felimax:
Please wallow in your ignorance in peace. If at this stage of your life God has not proved Himself to you then that is your cup of tea. 100k that cannot fill up my gas cylinder.
As for me I wonder and ponder why God is so loving and caring! I prayed for a penny He gave me vault and more.
We are not all suppose to actually acknowledge God, yes, because we all are not born of God though all created by Him. So goodluck!
I was expecting long stories like this.
Ok, your comment is acknowledged,
Let’s wait for someone who really want to convert people for his god

6 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by donbachi(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2021
GOD in one way or another,turned water into wine in our lives as human.but,many does not take notice of that.
All those juicy jobs/appointments,GOD fearing wives/husbands,beautiful family,good life,sound sleep,good health and peace of mind.
All no do u.having 100k to give out,is enough evidence that GOD turned your water into wine.so,how else do you want him to turn it again.maybe,sending you back to penury,pains,lack,hardship and abject poverty.

Try and be gratefull to GOD.for many are looking for just 1k inside that 100k to feed this morning..i mean,family of 6.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by petra1(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
I just require just 1% success rate from you, that’s how easy it is for anyone to even convince me with a testable evidence.

or a true seeker. The word of God is enough for salvation. Ask genuine questions about God. Don't give him assignments. He doesn't owe you any proofing.

2 Timothy 2:23 (KJV)
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Mat 16:1 — Mat 16:4 (KJV)
​1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said unto them . . A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2021
donbachi:
GOD in one way or another,turned water into wine in our lives as human.but,many does not take notice of that.
All those juicy jobs/appointments,GOD fearing wives/husbands,beautiful family,good life,sound sleep,good health and peace of mind.
All no do u.having 100k to give out,is enough evidence that GOD turned your water into wine.so,how else do you want him to turn it again.maybe,sending you back to penury,pains,lack,hardship and abject poverty.

Try and be gratefull to GOD.for many are looking for just 1k inside that 100k to feed this morning..i mean,family of 6.

He does not have any of these because God Rejected him since he was born.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:23am On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
I was expecting long stories like this.
Ok, your comment is acknowledged,
Let’s wait for someone who really want to convert people for his god

On behalf of Christ, WE WOULD NEVER REQUIRE YOUR PERSON, SO NONE OF US WOULD EVER BE ENTREATING YOU, TRY THE SONS OF ISHMAEL!
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2021
Nobody needs to prove anything to you.

Nobody is forcing you to serve anyone's God.

You're free to make a choice.

As a rule of nature, every choice we make has a consequence.

Once you make a choice, you must accept responsibility. You cannot escape the consequences of your choices, whether you like them or not.

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Bankowner: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2021
Matthew 4:1-7

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 8:55am On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:

Although 1% isn’t a scientifically significant result but I just want to give theists the opportunity to convince atheists without plenty talks and numerous excuses.

Successfully turn 1 out of 100 bowls of water into wine, I will serve your god and I will also give you 100k cash.

Forget. If they could they would have already. They've had almost 2000years to perfect that yet not even a hint at that possibility. Besides you think people with that kind of power would have already eliminated hunger in the world but nah they a busy hiding under the guise of church.

4 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 9:14am On Nov 18, 2021
petra1:

or a true seeker. The word of God is enough for salvation. Ask genuine questions about God. Don't give him assignments. He doesn't owe you any proofing.

2 Timothy 2:23 (KJV)
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Mat 16:1 — Mat 16:4 (KJV)
​1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said unto them . . A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
more and more excuses
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2021
ThankYouGod:
Nobody needs to prove anything to you.

Nobody is forcing you to serve anyone's God.

You're free to make a choice.

As a rule of nature, every choice we make has a consequence.

Once you make a choice, you must accept responsibility. You cannot escape the consequences of your choices, whether you like them or not.

Its a pity there’s no evidence for supernatural. Just 1 in 100 chance
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2021
Bankowner:
Matthew 4:1-7

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’
stories, you think I haven’t seen the Bible verses before?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2021
LordReed:

Forget. If they could they would have already. They've had almost 2000years to perfect that yet not even a hint at that possibility. Besides you think people with that kind of power would have already eliminated hunger in the world but nah they a busy hiding under the guise of church.
Its a shame that people believe things that cannot be proven to be true.
How can one believe something that won’t work 1 in 100 trials?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
Its a shame that people believe things that cannot be proven to be true.
How can one believe something that won’t work 1 in 100 trials?

Hope is very powerful. They are constantly told that the god can solve their problems using examples from the Bible. Even when they have not seen it happen in real life that hope keeps them believing. Also they are told the god works in mysterious ways so even if he never does that particular miracle for them he will use some other means. It’s a very engaging sequence, it seizes the mind in a perpetual and perpetuating grip.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by hopefulLandlord: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2021
In the Bible, Elijah called down fire from heaven. These days if you tell Christians to do the same they'd chicken out very fast with whatever excuse they can muster
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by hahn(m): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:

Alcoholic or non alcoholic wine?

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2021
You're right. No evidence. Are you happy now?

Workch:
Its a pity there’s no evidence for supernatural. Just 1 in 100 chance
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by petra1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
more and more excuses

Rather The bible is so accurate that it predicted you and answered you
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
hahn:

wine is always alcoholic
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by hahn(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
wine is always alcoholic

I can only change water to non alcoholic wine.

Maybe next time

grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:

Instead of you to go on your knees and ask God to prove Himself to you, you want wine. KMT!!
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
In the Bible, Elijah called down fire from heaven. These days if you tell Christians to do the same they'd chicken out very fast with whatever excuse they can muster

There is a difference between an Employee and the friends of the employee.

Elijah was Employed by God for little us to see. And we have seen, so we Trust in God and Follow Him.

And God has already Finished His Work on earth, so He has no need for any of us to do as His Employees did.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Steep: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:

If you can show me an atom face to face then I will believe atoms are real.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
hahn:

Asking the pertinent question. LoL
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Alao046(m): 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:

Which of the gods are you talking about?
Is it the one that was hanged like a pig on a cross or the one that orders his worshippers to kill others?
See how they look for excuses for their useless gods grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Steep:

Excuses have started.
By the way, you are probably religious because you are scientifically illiterate, else you will know that atoms can be seen with specific electron microscopes.

4 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
PastorM:

Instead of you to go on your knees and ask God to prove Himself to you, you want wine. KMT!!
Why should I ask him?
He doesn’t exist
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
hahn:

I can only change water to non alcoholic wine.

Maybe next time

grin
lol
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by A001: 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
Steep:

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sorry, the Power of God is not for funfair and pecuniary gain.

Nevertheless, God's power is readily available to His Sons.

If you make yourself available, you will not only see what you have requested for but mighty and wonderful things.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Great2017:
Sorry, the Power of God is not for funfair and pecuniary gain.

Nevertheless, God's power is readily available to His Sons.

If you make yourself available, you will not only see what you have requested for but mighty and wonderful things.

Shalom.
excuse

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Shocking Wonders Of Jehovah's Witnesses / Did The Neanderthal Man Have A Soul? / Ur Honest View Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.