Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,169 members, 7,825,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist (1573 Views)

A True Atheist Or Sceptic Will Believe In Afterlife / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
excuse
I don't need to convince you about the Power of God. The Power speaks for Himself.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
Great2017:

I don't need to convince you about the Power of God. The Power speaks for Himself.
You need to convince me. You cannot make extraordinary claims and expect everyone to aceept it.

We are all not dummies

3 Likes

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
You need to convince me. You cannot make extraordinary claims and expect everyone to aceept it.

We are all not dummies
I don't need to convince you. There are more than enough evidence around you.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nothingserious: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Workch:
Anyone who can turn just 1 out of 100 bowls of water into wine?
I just require just 1% success rate from you, that’s how easy it is for anyone to even convince me with a testable evidence.

Although 1% isn’t a scientifically significant result but I just want to give theists the opportunity to convince atheists without plenty talks and numerous excuses.

Successfully turn 1 out of 100 bowls of water into wine, I will serve your god and I will also give you 100k cash.

Has any theist made this claim?
Why are you harping on a claim they never made.

Miracles are the exclusive prerogatives of God.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Barims(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Felimax:
Please wallow in your ignorance in peace. If at this stage of your life God has not proved Himself to you then that is your cup of tea. 100k that cannot fill up my gas cylinder.
As for me I wonder and ponder why God is so loving and caring! I prayed for a penny He gave me vault and more.
We are not all suppose to actually acknowledge God, yes, because we all are not born of God though all created by Him. So goodluck!

Stop saying rubbish the fact that God is good to you doesn't mean he's good to everybody your so call God is so unjust and partial

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Great2017:

I don't need to convince you. There are more than enough evidence around you.

Evidence that cannot be tested

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Bankowner: 3:58am On Nov 19, 2021
If you truly have seen the Bible verses before, then you wouldn’t have needed to bring your assignment for to the public space because the answer you seek is staring right at you in the last two verses.

Workch:
stories, you think I haven’t seen the Bible verses before?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Bankowner: 4:02am On Nov 19, 2021
Are you a parent yet? Wait until you have two or more children and then you’ll understand the concept of loving all your children equally viz a viz being partial to one.

Barims:

Stop saying rubbish the fact that God is good to you doesn't mean he's good to everybody your so call God is so unjust and partial
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Felimax(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2021
Barims:

Sincerely, I don't like preaching to people. This is because in my experience I have come to understand that there are basically two reasons why people suffer setback in life and find a reason to blame people for their predicament. In life God has a purpose for everyone and virtually everything.
In my learning curve, I discovered that it takes me time and sometimes will not even be possible for me to achieve my goals when I am working on what I want and how I want it. If I narrate to you what God has allowed me go through because of my stubbornness you will not believe but I learn the ropes.
Who God is to you is practically different from who He is to me. We are spiritually so wired to see and have an experiential knowledge of God in diverse and very unique ways. The most important thing dear friend is for you to know and acknowledge your God, even when he takes you through fire understand that you will come out a blazing piece of gold.
May God be with you and provide you with answers you truly seek.
Good morning!
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2021
Barims:

You do not know what the "Just is," is.

The "just is", is, ALL OF US (EXCLUDING THE ABELS AND SETHS) ARE NOT HIS CHILDREN, WE ARE SATAN'S CHILDREN, (THAT IS HOW HUGE EVE'S MESS UP IS).

THEREFORE, HE HAS NO DUTY TOWARDS US. (NO ONE TAKES CARE OF STRANGERS CHILDREN)

RATHER, IT IS ANGER AND THE JUDGMENT OF DESTRUCTION. (IF A STRANGER SPITS IN YOUR DRINKING WATER, YOU WILL THROW OUT THE WHOLE WATER AND TGE THE BOTTLE, BECAUSE IT IS POLLUTED)

BUT GOD STILL APPLIED ANOTHER JUST Is.

He Said "Let the parents sin, be the parents sin (Where our Laws of Strict Criminal Liability comes from).

And let the children make their own Mark, whether they shall sin as their parents hath done or weather they shall be innocent.

Thus, we have a divide.

Those who chose to commit offences as their parents and those who refuse to commit any offence.

Perfect and Right Just is, in Motion!

It is you who did not know that you were swimming with the the alligators and crocodiles already.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2021
Felimax:

Sincerely, I don't like preaching to people. This is because in my experience I have come to understand that there are basically two reasons why people suffer setback in life and find a reason to blame people for their predicament. In life God has a purpose for everyone and virtually everything.
In my learning curve, I discovered that it takes me time and sometimes will not even be possible for me to achieve my goals when I am working on what I want and how I want it. If I narrate to you what God has allowed me go through because of my stubbornness you will not believe but I learn the ropes.
Who God is to you is practically different from who He is to me. We are spiritually so wired to see and have an experiential knowledge of God in diverse and very unique ways. The most important thing dear friend is for you to know and acknowledge your God, even when he takes you through fire understand that you will come out a blazing piece of gold.
May God be with you and provide you with answers you truly seek.
Good morning!

Can you help me?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
Evidence that cannot be tested
That is your opinion. Like I said, I do not need to convince you. Shalom.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:
Sorry, the Power of God is not for funfair and pecuniary gain.

Nevertheless, God's power is readily available to His Sons.

If you make yourself available, you will not only see what you have requested for but mighty and wonderful things.

Shalom.

Like what? Getting money to buy private jet or is it being a celebrity that people see on the TV and billboards?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2021
Bankowner:
Are you a parent yet? Wait until you have two or more children and then you’ll understand the concept of loving all your children equally viz a viz being partial to one.

I have children and I would never appear to them to love one over the other. Why would I want to destroy their self esteem in that manner?

1 Like

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 9:13am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

Like what? Getting money to buy private jet or is it being a celebrity that people see on the TV and billboards?
The gift of God is free. Yes, it is absolutely free.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

The gift of God is free. Yes, it is absolutely free.

Is it the mighty and wonderful things that is free? Wait, I don't have to give my life or how is it free?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

Is it the mighty and wonderful things that is free? Wait, I don't have to give my life or how is it free?

You don't buy the gift of God
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 9:45am On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

You don't buy the gift of God

So I don't have to give my life to Christ?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

So I don't have to give my life to Christ?
You have to make yourself a dwelling place for the Spirit of God.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

You have to make yourself a dwelling place for the Spirit of God.

Then it is not free.

1 Like

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2021
LordReed:

Then it is not free.

Very soon, you will tell me that breathing in air, urinating and pooing are not free.

Nevertheless, the Gift of God is free as long as you are not the one that paid the price to the giver.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by LordReed(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

Very soon, you will tell me that breathing in air, urinating and pooing are not free.

Nevertheless, the Gift of God is free as long as you are not the one that paid the price to the giver.

Anything that requires an exchange is not free. I don't exchange anything for breathing air. If I had to install a special equipment to breathe then air is not free. You say some holy spirit MUST come into me, it means the gift is actually an exchange. If I told you to come get a free bottle of coke then when you got here I told you you MUST give me your shoes, will that bottle of coke still be considered free by you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

That is your opinion. Like I said, I do not need to convince you. Shalom.
fact, put forward a verifiable evidence and shame me
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2021
Bankowner:
If you truly have seen the Bible verses before, then you wouldn’t have needed to bring your assignment for to the public space because the answer you seek is staring right at you in the last two verses.

Bible is not evidence, it’s a claim that hasn’t been proven to be true.
The earlier you know that, the better

1 Like

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
fact, put forward a verifiable evidence and shame me
I am a verifiable evidence. What can be more real than a personal experience.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

I am a verifiable evidence. What can be more real than a personal experience.
Your personal experience is not evidence.
It could be tinted with bias and influence by personal ignorance.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nothingserious: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
Bible is not evidence, it’s a claim that hasn’t been proven to be true.
The earlier you know that, the better

Over 90% of the manuscripts of the New Testament has been confirmed to be reliable.

So many events from the New Testament has been confirmed by scholars, historians and archeologists.

Why haven’t you believed?

Bible isn’t a claim. The historicity of Jesus Christ is affirmed by even skeptical scholars.

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is also a historical fact.

The church started on the background of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The early disciples and believers were transformed by this fact and they were willing to pay the supreme sacrifice for it. Why? Because the evidence they saw was weighty enough to make them stand for what they witnessed and believed in.

The evidence of the resurrection was strong enough to make Monotheistic Jews believe in Jesus Christ at the risk of being slammed blasphemers and risking death. They added Sunday aside from the Sabbath as an additional day of worship in holy communion. Those are bold acts anyone wouldn’t take lightly in Palestine where Jesus lived, died and was believed to be raised from the dead by his followers.

Subjectively, Jesus promised the Holy Spirit and a great transformation for all who follow him.
Millions of people all over the world follow Jesus and have testified how their lives had been transform by God through Jesus Christ.

Why do you think these are all claims without evidences?

What manner of evidences would you have accepted in place of those?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nothingserious:

Over 90% of the manuscripts of the New Testament has been confirmed to be reliable.

So many events from the New Testament has been confirmed by scholars, historians and archeologists.

Why haven’t you believed?

Bible isn’t a claim. The historicity of Jesus Christ is affirmed by even skeptical scholars.

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is also a historical fact.

The church started on the background of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The early disciples and believers were transformed by this fact and they were willing to pay the supreme sacrifice for it. Why? Because the evidence they saw was weighty enough to make them stand for what they witnessed and believed in.

The evidence of the resurrection was strong enough to make Monotheistic Jews believe in Jesus Christ at the risk of being slammed blasphemers and risking death. They added Sunday aside from the Sabbath as an additional day of worship in holy communion. Those are bold acts anyone wouldn’t take lightly in Palestine where Jesus lived, died and was believed to be raised from the dead by his followers.

Subjectively, Jesus promised the Holy Spirit and a great transformation for all who follow him.
Millions of people all over the world follow Jesus and have testified how their lives had been transform by God through Jesus Christ.

Why do you think these are all claims without evidences?

What manner of evidences would you have accepted in place of those?
Just do what I ask in the op and stop giving me the usual long lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
Your personal experience is not evidence.
It could be tinted with bias and influence by personal ignorance.
Will my wife's experience be marred with bias as well?
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Workch: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

Will my wife's experience be marred with bias as well?

its your opinion if it can’t be tested
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Great2017: 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
Workch:
its your opinion if it can’t be tested
I don't need your validation anyway.
Re: If You Can Do This, I Will Believe That The Supernatural Exist by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Great2017:

I don't need your validation anyway.

Good evening

Can you help me to some extent?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Many Women Will Go To Hellfire / Do We Have To Take Our Pastor/Priest Words and Directives? / Nigerian Pastor Jailed In The Uk For handling Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.