Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" (1013 Views)

The Second Woman In GEJ Life That He Doesnt Want Nigeria To Know About / If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 / Picture Of Nigeria Divided: Is This The Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by auwal87(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2011
IBB alone have multiple number of oil wells (16 during his tenure, presently 12)
By dividing the country this wicked man will have 0 oil wells,
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 08, 2011
Sadly he has always strived to remain relevant to any government in power.
The chicken republic we have is therefore selective about whom to prosecute.
until I see an unbiased EFCC, there's no possibility of bringing him to justice.
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by dempeople(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2011
^^^^^^^

Bravo for speaking(writing) my mind.
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by enyojo(f): 10:16am On Jun 08, 2011
*OP
U are living in a fool paradise! No insult intended.
But how about Dangote's investments in the Southsouth and SouthWest among others? Will your imaginary Republic take them over?
Maybe u will say those are legitimate investments, but how will you differentiate btw Illegitimate and Legitimate Oil Wells?
Is there a new software for that?

[size=14pt]ONE NIGERIA UNDER GOD![/size]
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
IBB's oil wells are not enough of a reason to go through the hassle of dividing Nigeria.
It would be easier to take those oil wells from IBB than to divide Nigeria if that's your goal.
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by EzeUche1(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
One cannot live on oil alone.
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by kpogede77: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
enyojo:

*OP
U are living in a fool paradise! No insult intended.
But how about Dangote's investments in the Southsouth and SouthWest among others? Will your imaginary Republic take them over?
Maybe u will say those are legitimate investments, but how will you differentiate btw Illegitimate and Legitimate Oil Wells?
Is there a new software for that?

[size=14pt]ONE NIGERIA UNDER GOD![/size]
I get infuriated each time I hear the word ONE NIGERIA. What is one in Nigeria? It is not difficult to divide Nigeria. It is just a matter of decision. If we decide today that we don't want to be part of Nigeria, there is nothing the northerners can do about it. You have not been to the creek of the Niger delta that is why you are talking like this. The day I saw the oil well own by Danjuma and the life of the people living beside the oil well, I would have exploded the well if I had a rocket launcher with me that very day
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
kpogede77:

The day I saw the oil well own by Danjuma and the life of the people living beside the oil well, I would have exploded the well if I had a rocket launcher with me that very day

^^^ Take am easy abeg. I feel your anger as i share your sentiments as well.

Each tribe/region has it's own fair share of thieving/lying/conniving/ elite, but the ones that annoy me the most- and the ones that stand to lose the most from a division- are the ones from the core north. They have benefited the most from this fake contraption of a country, but their region has contributed the least to the union and their people suffer the least from the effects of the exploration and exploitation oil.

It's only because of 'ONE NIGERIA' you have billionaires like Danjuma; Dangote; Abacha; IBB; etc, taking advantage of their access to power to have a unfair economic advantage over other sections of the country. If you'd want to see how they would have fared as a country without Southern Nigeria, look no further than Chad and Niger. They may have fared a bit better b'cos of the 'Kano factor', but that's about it really.

They've done absolutely nothing with all the billions they illegally/unfairly approppriate to themselves from having been in control of power for close to 30 years. Isn't it ironic that their region has the highest incidence of poverty; illiteracy and child/maternal mortality, whereas the south east (that hasn't been in power for God knows how long) has amongst the lowest of these indicators in the country.

It would be interesting to see a full list of the owners of oil blocks in Nigeria. I'm sure the south east would have the least representation on said list.

Now you see their thieving elite angling for power to return to the north so the chopping that was rudely interrupted by those southern twats in 1999 can recommence in earnest.
Re: One Reason Why I Still Want Nigeria "divided" by joseph1832(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2012
For me, Nigerians should look deep into themselves, any Nation that allow ethnic, tribal or religious sentiment, nepotism to be the order of the day, that Nation will not survive, this has always been the bane of our existence, we all live in langour in this our currupt society and this has made many Nigerians non compos mentis!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan, Pdp Drags Cpc To Supreme Court! / Faan, Nama Mds Sacked / Mr President Has Lost Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.