Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot (17444 Views)

AFCON: Musa, Chukwueze On Target As Eagles Beat Coton Sport In Practice Match / Man City Fans Want Iheanacho Back At Etihad / ‘I Am Proud Real Madrid Fans Want Me’- Jose Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Ahmback(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
fergie001:

15 lines.......We are talking about Gernot Rohr.
wetin come concern Ole with Rohr
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by jaxxy(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
We have too many good players right now to be getting poor results.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by beejay85: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:

Name one exceptional thing Rohr has done or what other have not done

Ad I will give one so many things he has not
The reality is that we somehow miss Mikel in our midfield....the stability he provides and quick linkup play with ighalo, Musa,Moses usually kills off games for us...
Now we just can't go forward after we score the first goal...
I remember d qualifier with Cameroon in Uyo,we qualifed with that game irrespective of d outcome in d return leg in Cameroun with this same Rohr..
Ndidi isn't fully fit
Aribo is just back from injury a month ago
Iwobi is neither here nor there in Everton
Etebo ...out injured..
The midfield region really exposed Leon and ekong...
The strikers are great though

1 Like

Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Kez11: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Whether they sack Rorh or not, Super chicken will only end in peper soup because of tribal sentiments, religious discrimination & corruption.

Patriotic man indeed....
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Reference(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
What is my business.
Said enough about the failed House called NFF and its mercenary -in-chief, Mr. Gernot Rohr.
Between them they have administered the wholesale destruction of the Nigerian brand.
Everywhere you look at, the ladies game, junior cadre, right down to beach soccer where we were once a household name is all grave silent.
The Super Eagles are just hanging on to ranking points while vermins feast on its tattered carcass.
Sad.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by fergie001: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ahmback:
wetin come concern Ole with Rohr
All na Management.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by OscarJaden(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sack Rohr

Make dem go bring San Marino coach if there is no coach on ground
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by robosky02(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
fergie001:

Are we going to AFCON to win or to blend.

There is nothing Rohr is doing now that is different from what he has been doing since 2016, yet we "dashed him" new contract.

For the NFF to sack him, they need to pay over N600m to clear his contract and severance packages. Where is the money?

As at last month, they are owing him 8 months salary, they last paid him in February. I don't know if he has been paid now. grin

So they are appealing to him to resign because there is no money. He has said he intends to take Nigeria to the W/Cup.

My advise is manage him until his contract elapses unless the NFF & Aiteo have the money somewhere. The NFF has protected him until now because they see him as been docile.

For his replacement, give us names......don't bamboozle us with another Oliseh-like news. Let us know.

Manage him, we are managing Ole....abeg

Ole and Rohr be like 5&6

They are holding us Ransome but we shall take care of them
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by fergie001: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:
Ole and Rohr be like 5&6

They are holding us Ransome but we shall take care of them
That's why I am weak.

Some months ago, we were discussing here on how those in the glasshouse seemingly benefit from some of these foreign coaches.

I don't trust that Pinnick & his people @ allllll.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by robosky02(m): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
TimeTraveller:
No sensible coach will pick the Super Eagles job.
The team has no training facility, no standard pitch, no home ground, NOTHING.
Plus, players and coaches are owed months allowances/salaries.

And, please, stop all this "we have world-class players" bullshit.

Who be de world-class players apart from Osimhen?

Mscheewwwwww.

See ehh many are just praying the new become true

You see 100 application in 24 hours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Seunfretty: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
I don't have much problem with how we came down to 4-4 after leading by 4 goals....am NT also upset with how we got beaten at home by a team i don't even know how pronounce....but wat i have issues with is our football...the approach...the non existing tactics .and the lack of energy from the coach to the players and even the bench....am sorry Rohr has lasted his time....his NT really a brilliant coach from onset ..he got what he got on the basics of luck and little quality and fight...Nigeria has the fire power to give any world class team problems...but how does our Frontline do that wen he can't even coach his team how to play well from the back....again i put it to anyone who is hell bent on supporting Rohr....if this man should have been in Germany his national team ..could have been coaching even the under 21 of the national team talkless of the national German team ....Rohr is a third tier coach....we just have to settle for less all this while
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Pootle: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Englandboy:
How can a team don't have a play pattern they keey playing anyhow
play pattern on top grass wey be like bush...but coach sef bribe don destroy em destiny
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by robosky02(m): 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
fergie001:

That's why I am weak.

Some months ago, we were discussing here on how those in the glasshouse seemingly benefit from some of these foreign coaches.

See let me hit the nail on the head

Amaju pickmilk is the one benefiting at the detriment of Nigerians

See the standard Nigeria have attained in football

1. Won Olympics football gold

2. Ranked 5th best in the world

3. Won u17 back to back

4. Among Africa's top three team for decades

5. AFCON finals is like a betright

For such a nation we should be thinking of becoming a global player... I mean thinking of world cup finals. Because countries like Brazil, Argentina and Italy are beginning to recon with our force

We have the natural talents and physic

But instead of positioning Nigeria football its a reverse. Celebrating mediocrity. That

Rohr qualified us for world cup

Rohr won us 3rd place at AFCON

My question have we not qualified for world cup before? Have we not won bronze before?

Why hell bent on keeping him. As it where he is the longest serving coach yet

1. No clear cut playing patterned
2. No exceptional achievement
3 continues experiment

Please they should stop sharing his salary and let him go he has done his best

Nigeria can and will do much better without him
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Reference(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Seunfretty:
I don't have much problem with how we came down to 4-4 after leading by 4 goals....am NT also upset with how we got beaten at home by a team i don't even know how pronounce....but wat i have issues with is our football...the approach...the non existing tactics .and the lack of energy from the coach to the players and even the bench....am sorry Rohr has lasted his time....his NT really a brilliant coach from onset ..he got what he got on the basics of luck and little quality and fight...Nigeria has the fire power to give any world class team problems...but how does our Frontline do that wen he can't even coach his team how to play well from the back....again i put it to anyone who is hell bent on supporting Rohr....if this man should have been in Germany his national team ..could have been coaching even the under 21 of the national team talkless of the national German team ....Rohr is a third tier coach....we just have to settle for less all this while

Well said.
You could see how Kelechi was so nonchalant the last match he came in as sub.
He will never try that in Leicester or for Rogers.
It is all down to coaching and the ineffectual impression Rohr is reflecting.
A good manager brings his players to 100 percent of their capacity and then stretches them to 110 percent when the chips are down but with the exception of Osimen who tried out of his skin both matches, the others were lame and appeared disinterested.
Look at the choice of Ighalo.... so annoying.
The boy couldn't run, couldn't jump for headers, couldn't track back at turnovers.... so what the hell was all the hot air about his recall. Didn't they see in training he was just not up to it.
This just exposed Rohr as a gambler who is swept up in sentiment and has capitulated to the Nigeria penchant for mediocrity, clutching at straws for survival. He has no idea how to better this team folks.
We better cut him loose. March is far enough. We can sacrifice the Nations Cup to sort out and test a better gaffer but World Cup for us fans and for them serious career footballers is a MUST.
And in our present form I simply cannot see us beating those notorious North Africans or Senegal or even Cameroun to the ticket.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Reference(m): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
fergie001:

That's why I am weak.

True, but isn't it sensible that when good results follow, that the benefits are even greater.
The other day the reprobates in that glass house had the audacity to tell that they were essentially broke.
But who in his sane mind will put his hard earned money into a Federation or a team that is this poor.
The sports business is a results business through and through and when performances are poor everything from gate takings to sponsorship fails.
So they better realise that if their benefits (both legal and illegal) are to be realised they better start performing.
If we fail to qualify and exit both Nations Cup and World Cup ignobly then it is curtains for them.
I mean they are finished totally.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:

3. Won u17 back to back

For such a nation we should be thinking of becoming a global player... I mean thinking of world cup finals. Because countries like Brazil, Argentina and Italy are beginning to recon with our force

But instead of positioning Nigeria football its a reverse. Celebrating mediocrity. That

My question have we not qualified for world cup before? Have we not won bronze before?

3 continues experiment

Shebi world class teams owe salaries abi?
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by fergie001: 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Reference:

True, but isn't it sensible that when good results follow, that the benefits are even greater.
The other day the reprobates in that glass house had the audacity to tell that they were essentially broke.
But who in his sane mind will put his hard earned money into a Federation or a team that is this poor.
The sports business is a results business through and through and when performances are poor everything from gate takings to sponsorship fails.
So they better realise that if their benefits (both legal and illegal) are to be realised they better start performing.
If we fail to qualify and exit both Nations Cup and World Cup ignobly then it is curtains for them.
I mean they are finished totally.
Nothing to add....I just hope we don't get to the stage of not qualifying for the W/Cup. We will lose too much.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Did you just try to use ucl to defend your point?
Shame on you bro, chukwu Eze of villareal but people like you are too busy not wanting to see the light
kenzysmith:
what abundant talent how many of ur player dey uefa champion league this season name one? For the ist time players is selected base on form u think football in Africa is child play?
What will ivory coast who had abundant talent says after they miss out
Na so una do goodluck appoint buhari shey una see the results
Make I see wetin una Emmanuel amunike go do
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by fergie001: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:

3. Won u17 back to back

3 continues experiment

Whether it's Picnic or Picknick, we will soon come there to carry you out of that place.......Rohr is adamant about leaving because of his money.

We are in between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by KingDamzzy(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria was so good before Gernot Rohr came on board that we missed out on 2015 and 2017 AFCON.

Nigeria was so good before Gernot Rohr came that we were about 70th on the FIFA ranking then but now we are 35th in the world.

Gernot Rohr is such a bad coach yet he has the highest win percentage of any Super Eagles coach in our history.

Gernot Rohr is so bad yet he won a respectable 3rd Place at the last AFCON.

Typical Nigerians. All they do is complain, condemn and complain again. No constructive reasoning and objectivity.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by GistFullGround: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2021

Get me the coach of Ajax Amsterdam, I will pay his salary! grin

Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by KingDamzzy(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:

3. Won u17 back to back

3 continues experiment

AFCON finals is our birthright yet we have won it only 3 times for a competition that is played every 2 times.

AFCON finals is our birthright yet we failed to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 editions. Our football was in complete shambles before Rohr took over. We were 70th in the world rankings.

Since Westerhof coached us, please tell me any other coach after then that has had a clear pattern of style.

Rohr can do better (Just like any other coach jn the world) but to say he has not achieved anything with the Eagles is completely unfair.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Frenzy01(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
Watching Nigeria play is a pain in the ass... A mental torture, no one should be going thru that

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Bundaweber: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
magzey:
To be candid this coach should go , the play patterns are Boring, every country play better than Nigeria , but we only manage to win.

Play better and lose or play boring and get the points which would a football administrator choose?
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Bundaweber: 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:

See ehh many are just praying the new become true

You see 100 application in 24 hours

Thats a lie. No world class coach will ever choose Nigeria.
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Bundaweber: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
robosky02:

3. Won u17 back to back

3 continues experiment

Please stop living in fantasy . Afcon birthright, yet until keshi before we could win it. World cup where na appearance we just dey do since 94. Is the youth teams you are talking about? When the then NFF frustrated the likes of tela and co. Please o!! Is rohr incharge of u17?
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Bundaweber: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
Reference:

Well said.
You could see how Kelechi was so nonchalant the last match he came in as sub.
He will never try that in Leicester or for Rogers.
It is all down to coaching and the ineffectual impression Rohr is reflecting.
A good manager brings his players to 100 percent of their capacity and then stretches them to 110 percent when the chips are down but with the exception of Osimen who tried out of his skin both matches, the others were lame and appeared disinterested.
Look at the choice of Ighalo.... so annoying.
The boy couldn't run, couldn't jump for headers, couldn't track back at turnovers.... so what the hell was all the hot air about his recall. Didn't they see in training he was just not up to it.
This just exposed Rohr as a gambler who is swept up in sentiment and has capitulated to the Nigeria penchant for mediocrity, clutching at straws for survival. He has no idea how to better this team folks.
We better cut him loose. March is far enough. We can sacrifice the Nations Cup to sort out and test a better gaffer but World Cup for us fans and for them serious career footballers is a MUST.
And in our present form I simply cannot see us beating those notorious North Africans or Senegal or even Cameroun to the ticket.

Please did you watch the other matches? I did. If we can get a stable midfield, we go beat those teams based on wetin I watch
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by SunnyOG738(m): 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Their ticket way cut they pain them, even me am in fully support, how can Nigeria cut my 221, 520 thousand
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Hkff: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Worst coach ever
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by Vectorbozz234: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria wan sack am to bring Yobo as coach .make we no worry e go clear for our eyes
Re: Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot by balladin: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
This will be the biggest mistake Nigeria we do to sack the coach at this crucial time

So ivory coast wey no smell second round they each their coach?

Amaju is just playing miniminimanmo with 2022 world cup.
Ivory coast lost to Cameroon. We almost lost to Cape Verde. Imagine celebrating a draw with cape Verde. Rohr should go abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Novak Djokovic Condemns Wimbledon’s Ban On Russian Tennis Players / Nigeria Vs. Spain: What's Your Prediction? / Nigeria To Return To Abuja National Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.