Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia (8732 Views)

Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Night Patrol And Training Of Somali Police By Men Of Nigeria Police Force.(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by spikedcylinder: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2007
romeo:

whatever that means i am sure you don't know the meaning!! and where else do we travel to? the Moon? or Mars? we lack exposure and you mos def lack everything wink

Thank you!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by romeo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2007
you are welcomed
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by iskil: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2007
Word!!!! grin
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 01, 2007
i find very funi how some of you refers to millitia comment as your conviction and justification. Course what she was sayin not too sure if she is right in this one, or you just seekin notice from her cause we all seen how beautiful she look on her profile.

the true nigerians are out there

we dnt need fake a$$

Superman, na wa for you oh.

So it has come to the point where someone can't even have their own opinions in peace. I take it all the opinions you ever had in life were directed at impressing girls and that is why you just assume no one can think for themselves without female influence. Yes the posters in question made some mis-yannings and the Netherlands po-po had did their jobs with a bit of prejudice, but the general picture is very cold and very real: We are not in a perfect world and the world does not revolve around you. That becomes even much clearer when you leave niger, and OH BOY, do you learn. Do get off your high-chair and see life for what it really is.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by romeo(m): 6:24am On Aug 01, 2007
2buff:

Superman, na wa for you oh.

So it has come to the point where someone can't even have their own opinions in peace. I take it all the opinions you ever had in life were directed at impressing girls and that is why you just assume no one can think for themselves without female influence. Yes the posters in question made some mis-yannings and the Netherlands po-po had did their jobs with a bit of prejudice, but the general picture is very cold and very real: We are not in a perfect world and the world does not revolve around you. That becomes even much clearer when you leave niger, and OH BOY, do you learn. Do get off your high-chair and see life for what it really is.

hmmm more like a "venganza" undecided
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 01, 2007
what's a venganza?   undecided
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by romeo(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2007
2buff:

what's a venganza? undecided

google that out cool
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by superman(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2007
2 buff me heard you bro grin grin but emm hope you not a fake nigerian

anyway god save us from something!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chichimma(f): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2007
hahaha cheesy, good talk Romeo and Superman!

I am off from this topic there are too many self hatred and negative Nigerians here! It is a loss case to brainwash mentality.

Before I go off I have some things to say to these narrowminded and stereotype thinkers:

All Nigerians are fraudsters, All Arabs are terrorists, All Nigerian women abroad are prostitutes, All Whites are good, All Blacks are bad. Therefore anything that happens to the mentioned groups above is "all" deserved !

Keep on thinking this way and it will uplift your personality and life with nothing more than emptiness, unbelonging and so much hate for anything that looks a little like yourself!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by nana(f): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2007
dimka:

a 419 e- mail from my Mail box. grin

Dear Friend,

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, I am Mrs.Uzo Amaka, a widow to Late Mr.Amaka I am 74years old,I am now a new Christian convert,suffering from long time cancer of the breast.
From all indications my condition is really deteriorating and it's quite obvious that I won't live more than two months according to my
doctors.
This is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage.
My late husband was killed during the Earthquake resulting to the Tsunami Incident in Indonesian, and during the period of our marriage we couldn't produce any child. My late husband was very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth.
The doctor has advised me that I may not live for more than two months, so I now decided to divide part of this wealth, to contribute to the development of the church and Mosque in Africa, America, Asia and Europe.
I selected you after visiting the website Though, this medium (Internet)has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest medium of communication and I prayed over it,I am willing to donate the sum of $10.000,000.00 Million
Us Dollars to you for the less privileged.
I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends, I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give also to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth.
So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the You.A.E, Algeria, Malaysia and some countries in Africa, Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore.
I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money, which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves.
Hence, I do not trust them anymore as they seem not to be contented
with what I have left for them.

Please I want you to note that, this fund is lying in a Security Company and upon my instructions, you will file in an application for the claim of the money in your name.
Lastly, I honestly pray that this money when claimed will be used for the said purpose, because I have come to find out that wealth acquisition without God is vanity upon vanity.
May the Grace of our Lord, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with
you and your family.
I await your urgent reply.
Kindly Contact Me through My Personal Assistance Mr.Emeka Godwin on
his Email: emekagodwinprivattte@yahoo.dk
Yours in Christ.
Mrs.Uzo Amaka.

Oh,hope u didnt reply them sha. I've loads of those crazy junks.I even got one today.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by grafikdon: 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
Dimka Alias Mohadana Okoroamadi . . . looks like you're of no value to the 419ers cause they only sent you 1 mail which you have been parading on Nairaland since Imo River. grin
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by superman(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2007
the ghanaians tryin it!

nana can u see that?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by lateefah79: 12:13am On Aug 02, 2007
@beetintin
I know dat every1 has aright to oppose or disagree wth dis thread,i in particular strongly disagree with ur comments.u wrote about osuofia's bad rep.n appearance which u read in the papaers,can u imagine u belive all the crab the paper says ,u shuld av think that at least they wuld write anytin to ''TANISH''the image of pple,just to get sold those papers.in addition to my opinion,which ever way that he must av dressed or appeared that his appearance is not acceptable to newyorkers is their ''HEADACHEs'',of course he his a NIGERIAN,so am sure that he must av dressed like one to ''promote his culture''as a NIGERIAN.
Even if ur outfit frm ''head to toe'' na designersbros pple go luk n complain,even if na ''RAGS''u wear pple go still luk n complain.
My broda let's face fact,there is ''RACISM''in white man country,EXPERIENCE DEY SAY IS THE BEST TEACHER .honestly i hope somtin is done about it.
ONE LUV.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by nana(f): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2007
superman:

the ghanaians tryin it!

nana can u see that?
Dude!What makes u think it is Ghanians that are trying it?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by texazzpete(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2007
Osuofia should give it a rest jo! How can he claim he didnt know the effects his song would have? He saw a means to capitalize on the 419 craze in naija and he deliberately did that song to make money.
I don't buy his claims that it's just the soundtrack to his movie. Hundreds of home videos come out weekly, each with its own soundtrack. How many of those are made into videos? How many of these are made into hit tracks in music albums?

His hand isn't clean.
As for his story, i'll go off the deep end only when i hear the dutch police side of the story.

To all those who see Naija through rose-tinted glasses, here's the kicker; Tribalism hurts most Naijans far more than racism. Go figure.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by superman(m): 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2007
i think the post above makes no sense?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by superman(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2007
u tell me nana!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by lovemajek(f): 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2007
The first 419er are the colonial masters, they tricked our people with western education and religion, and stole both our culture and conscience. Now that is pay time dem com dey hala. dem never hear whe because dem go hear more whe from usalways.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by nana(f): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2007
superman:

u tell me nana!
In as much as i would love to support Ghana in this situation,i cant because i am a Nigerian.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by BlackMamba(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
The police gave a clear legitimate reason for raiding the place-"criminal activities". Obviously the handling seems racist because of the shoddy treatment of the black audience, which by the way is commonplace in the West. It's the role of our government to demand respect and better treatment of its citizens, especially when it appears that racism plays a role in a country's law enforcement. Osuofia's suggestion that his 419 song is the reason for the raid is just mere speculation, and he failed to or unable to discredit with facts that the "criminal activity" reason was pretext.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by alanbolo(m): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2007
Just as Militia have rightly said, this things happen a lot and it's one of the price you have to pay if you're insignificant in a certain environment. is Rodney king a Nigerian, what happen to all other black folks or Latinas that have been mishandled by the NYPD of recents,

Do not let be over sentimental, the more informed the world is, about the activities of a country law enforcements agent, the less racist they'll be, NJ have the same issue with police profilling against blacks driving on Newjersey highway, and after more exposure and criticism, it seemed to have die down NOW.

He who must dine with the devil must have a long spoon.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Tochi3(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2007
White does not give a Bleep about anything black and breathing whether you are a president, minister, governor or whatever
If the whole of the black presidents were in that show, and if the dogs feel like harrasing or intimidating you as a presidents, you cannot do shit as a blackman and they know this, thesame way they treated the Osuofia and co will be thesame treatment they will melt out to them.

Since we are unable to provide the common essentials of life for our people, who will treat us with respect as blacks.

No matter what level of education or position you hold as a black man or woman, you are nothing in the eyes of the world but only something when you are useful to them in that particular point in time and after that you see the real face of the dogs.

According to PAC ''Its a white man's world''.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by sholasys: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2007
That is a height of insult. It should stop fortwith.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2007
@babeloove.
Let me tell u the difference if it was a white performer they would explain to him why they are rating and nicely bring him to his car.If they crowd was fully white they would pickup the Mic and explain why they are there and ask them to bring out there id cards and stand in line.Am a resident in this country and i go to diffrent clubs.If our politicians are still condemning this act till today why are some if u Nigerians talk bad about eachother.It's just pure and simple this act was a racist act.We that life here know that.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by BABEELOVE(f): 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2007
@Chillbabe,
That's fine.  You are entitled to your own opinion and I am entitled to mine.  We do not have to agree. I believe that is why God gave us "free will". We do not have to be zombies to follow each other blindly in our arguements do we?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2007
@BABEELOVE
My post has nothing to do with following each other blindly.What i wrote is just a fact and i was hopping that u would see the facts.
One love
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by BABEELOVE(f): 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Thank you!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2007
The police gave a clear legitimate reason for raiding the place-"criminal activities".  Obviously the handling seems racist because of the shoddy treatment of the black audience, which by the way is commonplace in the West. It's the role of our government to demand respect and better treatment of its citizens, especially when it appears that racism plays a role in  a country's law enforcement.  Osuofia's suggestion that his 419 song is the reason for the raid is just mere speculation, and he failed to or unable to discredit with facts that the "criminal activity" reason was pretext.

1. criminal activities??. for god sake it's a club people are going there to enjoy them self no PC's there if it was a internet cafe i would not complain then it's there right to do so.
2.Common in the west nonsense it's only common for an act like that if they are selling drugs and the police have proof about thathow come our mayor from Amsterdam didn't even know about there in tations.
3.Demand respect? treat the citizens with respect also which they did not do that night.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by BABEELOVE(f): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2007
Go and report to the Nigerian consulate and stop making noise here! Ahhhg!!!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
hahaha , good talk Romeo and Superman!

I am off from this topic there are too many self hatred and negative Nigerians here! It is a loss case to brainwash mentality.

Before I go off I have some things to say to these narrowminded and stereotype thinkers:

All Nigerians are fraudsters, All Arabs are terrorists, All Nigerian women abroad are prostitutes, All Whites are good, All Blacks are bad. Therefore anything that happens to the mentioned groups above is "all" deserved !

Keep on thinking this way and it will uplift your personality and life with nothing more than emptiness, unbelonging and so much hate for anything that looks a little like yourself!

Well said my sister but allot off them don't get the point
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2007
Go and report to the Nigerian consulate and stop making noise here! Ahhhg!!!

I taught u had brains but sorry i was wrong if u can't understand my post don't reply on it OK.And for ure info am not Nigerian and i can see things better then u as a Nigerian it's said tho.And i wont follow u to insold each other.Make a good statement and i will discus with u.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chichimma(f): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ Chillbabe

I could not resist to reply although I said I am not going to do so but then again this message is for you.

There is something I want you to understand about many Nigerians living in and outside of Nigeria.
They life hating everything about themselves they have stooped so low that they cannot see simply that they have rights like other people have in this world. These things are caused by their upbringing mostly mental, physical abuse and no expression of love, principals, norms and values communicated properly to them. So, I am not surprised that there are Nigerians that will respond so negative and see this act as something funny and no big deal.
I actually pity people like that, I had a girlfriend also from Nigeria and she hated everything concerning Nigeria. She would not talk to Nigerians, she would tell people that she is from Jamaica and at one point trying to put me down. I pitied her and decided that we have to go our seperate ways before she would influence me ( which is impossible) with her negativity and selfhatred attitude that will not take her far in this world. Because first of all we are human beings before being from any country.

We should stop judging people by where they are from. The entire thing is messed up without a solid foundation in life things might collapse in front of you. In the case of these Nigerians lack the basic and love from home only can express negativity and selfhatred. ( I am not psycologist but who needs to be to see what lies behind selfhatred and constant negativity and pessimism)

So, my sister do not trouble yourself by explaining and trying to change their minds it will take years of psychotherapy. It is time consumming, many of us have giving good points and arguments to condemn this act. If one cannnot see it one cannot. I am happy that we have a sister like you that is ready to speak up your mind and stand up for us. wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President / James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: / Democracy Day: Don’t Despair, APC Will Soon Be History - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.