Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: (8726 Views)

Poll: Do you think Ibori's Stolen Wealth will be Returned to Nigeria??

Yes: 34% (16 votes)
NO: 43% (20 votes)
maybe: 13% (6 votes)
not too sure: 8% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" / A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 01, 2012
Dear nairalanders, its great to be back on this forum after a long while.

I have recently followed the recent news thread over the past few days reading endless comments of fellow Nigerians celebrating the downfall of ex Governor James Ibori.
To some, it was a sweet joyous moment, to others their reaction might have been "watin concern me" the usual catchphrase we use when shrugging our shoulders.
Fair enough, Ibori admitted that he looted the Delta State treasury, but the key question I often ask myself is, what are the other motives why they (British Authorities) went after him? was ibori the only governor who stole from us, or was he seen as a threat to some Nigerian elites

it is obvious that most Nigerian governors only buy a few houses here in London, and this makes it harder for the authorities to fish them out. Ibori's case was different because he had millions of pounds worth of asset here in London. A city where they can rob you of all your hard work in 1 day,  Ibori hustled his way to the top, so I give him that credit,  I just think he didn't know how to hide his loot, or he had too much on his plate, , however in the eyes of the British authorities, HE WAS A BIG FISH, !!!!

His flamboyant lifestyle attracted alot of fake friends and at the same time alot of haters too. Some of the people who openly benefited from Ibori's loot were the first to throw stones at him.
e.g Chief Edwin Clerk.
The most important point we need to take note of is that, British Companies contributed massively to the polution of the niger delta. So how can they now turn around and tell us that the asset seized from ibori will be sold and the money will be repatriated to Nigeria, and we supposed to believed them SO DOES THAT MEAN, THEY CARE ABOUT US ALL OF A SUDDEN?? "pls ask yourself that"

All I can boldly tell u is that, the British authorities are only prosecuting Ibori for their self interests. I assure you that Ibori's mansions will be sold at giveaway prices to their accomplices,  its all business as usual,
Aren't these same police officers who swept the Phone hacking scandal under carpet, and accepting bribes from rupert murdoch and his news corp empire
how are we suppose to trust everything they say to us? especially after Dariye and DSP saga did they really return the money they seized I doubt,  NOT WITHOUT DEDUCTING THEIR LION SHARE, I think its a criminal catch criminal circus ,  lets watch and see,
Its up to us to protect our wealth, and prevent thieves like uduaghan from escaping alive with his loot, 
We chose to let all these looting happen, so why are we blaming the judges WHAT DO YOU DO TO A THIEF  have we considered lynching or bombing them, to prevent them from escaping with their loots, why wait for justice, when there is no justice in Nigeria,   A country where judges will accept ipads as Bribes,

Because Justice cannot be dispensed in Nigeria,  The British will not waste their resources to prosecute our criminals without gaining from it,

so my people, plz shine your eyes,   IBORI'S CASE NA BUSINESS AS USUAL,  SO ITS NOT YET TIME TO CELEBRATE,  WE ARE ACTUALLY BEING LAUGHED AT INSTEAD,
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Lasinoh: 4:32am On Mar 01, 2012
The British should keep it for doing what the Nigeria could not do! kiss
Voted : NO! cool
He can keep the ones in Dubai and Jo'Burg! kiss
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by stayreal: 5:23am On Mar 01, 2012
The british are the true owners of Nigeria. They should keep the money.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 01, 2012
stayreal:

The british are the true owners of Nigeria. They should keep the money.

You are bastard
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2012
Tot as much!
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by brainpulse: 9:27am On Mar 01, 2012
I will support the British judiciary system to trial all out government officials because Nigeria judiciary is plague with robbers in the black robe. If a child cant do his job, a stranger should do it.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Ogbodavies(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2012
they should keep it,u all know what happens 2 returned loots,it is 'RECYCLED'
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Jemibee: 9:29am On Mar 01, 2012
Why call someone a bastard, on such matters?? Where are your morals?? I tire for nairalanders ooo
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by ChefMike(m): 9:30am On Mar 01, 2012
Although we may not recover all the the loot back to Nigeria but I credit the British government.Abacha loots that was returned to Nigeria what did we do to it?
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by misterh(m): 9:31am On Mar 01, 2012
In my opinion, the ones that are available in our coffers are not being judiciously utilised! But that % is too much,
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by baslone: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2012
They deserve it! For all the money invested to the investigation, Let them keep it!

I f returned, it'll be handed to the next thief- UDUAGHAN
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by PrinceDudu(m): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2012
infact any country where looted fund is found should keep 100% of it.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by richmind: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2012
I am from Delta state, if the money is returned to the state as proposed, be assured it will be kept for ibori by his boy uduaghan. The so called thief in government performed far better than the present governor, irony.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by jedisco(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2012
They would have to recoup their investigatory and legal costs first before deciding how what percentage of the amount left to return.
I personally would not want the money returned back directly to the Government. Instead it can be given to multinational agencies like UNICEF to undertake specific projects in the state
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by hassymo5(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2012
baslone:

They deserve it! For all the money invested to the investigation, Let them keep it!

I f returned, it'll be handed to the next thief- UDUAGHAN
ChefMike:

Although we may not recover all the the loot back to Nigeria but I credit the British government.Abacha loots that was returned to Nigeria what did we do to it?
they politician shared it among then selves, for that they should keep!!!!
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by WebSurfer(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2012
that is very unfair, for them to keep the loot when they fully know it belongs to Nigeria, we need some serious brains here
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by WebSurfer(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2012
not just nigeria but Delta state
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2012
@ Olas2u
It hasnt got to dat, bridle ur tongue.

@ Jemibee
Well said!

@ ALL ON NL
Lets refrain from hurling insults and use of derogatory terms like a buncha illiterates, it is a common thing on this forum,though members are faceless,lets respect one another

Variance in opinion is wat makes the forum an interesting one so why curse me if my opinion differs frm urs
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by mohid(m): 9:57am On Mar 01, 2012
great1:

Dear nairalanders, its great to be back on this forum after a long while.

I have recently followed the recent news thread over the past few days reading endless comments of fellow Nigerians celebrating the downfall of ex Governor James Ibori.
To some, it was a sweet joyous moment, to others their reaction might have been "watin concern me" the usual catchphrase we use when shrugging our shoulders.
Fair enough, Ibori admitted that he looted the Delta State treasury, but the key question I often ask myself is, what are the other motives why they (British Authorities) went after him? was ibori the only governor who stole from us, or was he seen as a threat to some Nigerian elites

it is obvious that most Nigerian governors only buy a few houses here in London, and this makes it harder for the authorities to fish them out. Ibori's case was different because he had millions of pounds worth of asset here in London. A city where they can rob you of all your hard work in 1 day,  Ibori hustled his way to the top, so I give him that credit,  I just think he didn't know how to hide his loot, or he had too much on his plate, , however in the eyes of the British authorities, HE WAS A BIG FISH, !!!!

His flamboyant lifestyle attracted alot of fake friends and at the same time alot of haters too. Some of the people who openly benefited from Ibori's loot were the first to throw stones at him.
e.g Chief Edwin Clerk.
The most important point we need to take note of is that, British Companies contributed massively to the polution of the niger delta. So how can they now turn around and tell us that the asset seized from ibori will be sold and the money will be repatriated to Nigeria, and we supposed to believed them SO DOES THAT MEAN, THEY CARE ABOUT US ALL OF A SUDDEN?? "pls ask yourself that"

All I can boldly tell u is that, the British authorities are only prosecuting Ibori for their self interests. I assure you that Ibori's mansions will be sold at giveaway prices to their accomplices,  its all business as usual,
Aren't these same police officers who swept the Phone hacking scandal under carpet, and accepting bribes from rupert murdoch and his news corp empire
how are we suppose to trust everything they say to us? especially after Dariye and DSP saga did they really return the money they seized I doubt,  NOT WITHOUT DEDUCTING THEIR LION SHARE, I think its a criminal catch criminal circus ,  lets watch and see,
Its up to us to protect our wealth, and prevent thieves like uduaghan from escaping alive with his loot,  
We chose to let all these looting happen, so why are we blaming the judges WHAT DO YOU DO TO A THIEF  have we considered lynching or bombing them, to prevent them from escaping with their loots, why wait for justice, when there is no justice in Nigeria,   A country where judges will accept ipads as Bribes,

Because Justice cannot be dispensed in Nigeria,  The British will not waste their resources to prosecute our criminals without gaining from it,

so my people, plz shine your eyes,   IBORI'S CASE NA BUSINESS AS USUAL,  SO ITS NOT YET TIME TO CELEBRATE,  WE ARE ACTUALLY BEING LAUGHED AT INSTEAD,

Ur point being that we shouldn’t celebrate because the price for justice was loot that had already left our shores and wouldn't have made it back to Delta State's Treasury even if it was returned.
Justice always has a price.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by WebSurfer(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2012
i dont support that rubbish, its business for them, now tell me, Where is Igbenedion? who has heard about him, a criminal like ibori, we all know the truth, also, Uduaghans loot is even getting worst than that of Ibori, Nigerian Justice just let all this happen and let them get away with it,,

Its just Business for the British government, Nigerian Government is a mess , let me ask, if it was on a case of a white who looted to Nigeria, would they allow Nigeria keep it?
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by NwaNimo1(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2012
The same fate awaits most of Nigeria's looters - The west are not fools.

They encourage looting because inevitably the money ends up in their pockets.

Maybe this will serve as a lesson
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by tayotee(m): 10:08am On Mar 01, 2012
Well to me it doesn't matter if the British Govt gets to keep the loot cos of what use will it be if it gets transferred back to Nigeria and flow[b]s[/b] back into the hands of our Irresponsible leaders.

What  benefit did the common man gain from the "returned" Abacha loot?

To the British govt & Swiss Banks, Our own inadequacies and corruption are to their own advantage (Directly or Indirectly)
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by jethro2: 10:11am On Mar 01, 2012
I thought the Nigerian judiciary discharge and acquitted him. So whats the interest in the loot? Let the British keep it. After all it will be recycled to another waiting stolen hands again. Where are the previous recovered loot kept?
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by oradee: 10:12am On Mar 01, 2012
sorry to digress, but i wanna know how to post a topic to NL.
Tnx
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 01, 2012
Where is Abacha loot ? Where is Ghadaffi external reserves ? Where was the british government when ibori and our corrupt politicians were laundering money into their country ? This is a case of OLE JI,OLE GBA.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by room702(m): 10:24am On Mar 01, 2012
it doesn't matter if it is going to be recycled or not. return it to Nigeria, the rightful owner. Thank you very much.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by WebSurfer(m): 10:27am On Mar 01, 2012
All you nigerians do is talk without  reasoning, if they can be that brilliant to Fish out the thief, why cant they be brilliant imposing an idea on putting back some of our money into investments that will help nigeria, for example, like creating a beneficial/entrepreneurial investment that will turnout to help the masses, doing that themselves without putting it in the hands of the Government would be fair enough, this is one reason i dont Blame yahoo boys, it may be very bad but i think it is a better way to return these money since they wouldnt be fair for once,
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by WebSurfer(m): 10:29am On Mar 01, 2012
we are talking about millions of pounds here, they could establish an industry no matter how small it is, Think Nairalanders
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by Baawaa(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2012
The British can use the money recovered from Ibori as developmental project,for the people of delta state.
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by oradee: 10:42am On Mar 01, 2012
jethro2:

I thought the Nigerian judiciary discharge and acquitted him. So whats the interest in the loot? Let the British keep it. After all it will be recycled to another waiting stolen hands again. Where are the previous recovered loot kept?

was thinking the same too, we Nigerians dont seem to see until we are poked.
If the Uk didnt find him guilty, wld all u people force the Ibori to bring back the money,

when it comes to justice, we are slowpokes but once we hear money, our ears stand like antenna,
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by room702(m): 10:45am On Mar 01, 2012
Any nairalander that thinks the british care about Nigeria must have been misled and probably brainwashed
Re: James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: by mykejones(m): 10:48am On Mar 01, 2012
[color=Black][/color]
Hard as it may seem to us, the truth needs be told.
I remembered our judiciary tried dis same man in Asaba and found him nt quilty.
If d British government now prooved otherwise,why shd dey return 2 us what, in d first place,denied ever existed?
And if returnd,who gets it?
Trust my Nigerian government,they'l probably SET a COMMITEE 2 look into it. Set another commitee to oversee d first commitee,and den set another commitee to probe d first two. And before the money finally gets to it's destinatn,about half of it is gone.
Abeg,to safe us all this wahala, let dem keep it! Afteral,we r safe wt wat we don't know. No b so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bringbackourgirls Failing As Second Anniversary Approaches- PUNCH / Appropriation Committee To Rework 2016 Budget / FG Not Sending Troops To Gambia - Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.