Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia (8734 Views)

Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Night Patrol And Training Of Somali Police By Men Of Nigeria Police Force.(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by k0be: 8:24am On Jul 30, 2007
lmao, funny.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by MILITIA(f): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2007
spikedcylinder:

@ militia
Yea, good for you. Each to his own but when you are making your statements or "laughing at yourself" remember that there are some true Nigerians who love their country and might take offence. . . but you don't care about who takes offence or who doesnt. . . .afterall, you are western. undecided

Please who are they ---Pray tell me!!!  My ears are burning!!! tongue  Yes oh!!!  I am from the deep south--From Texas!!!!  As a "western oyinbo african" I love Nigeria more than 99.9999999999% of all-o-y'aaaaaall!!!!! cool
If your Nigerian and you know clap your hands---- clap clap!!!!! tongue

BTW, when you are in Rome, the police expects you to obey simple instructions!!!! They do not care if you are the "MAIN PERFORMER" OR "SIDEKICK"!!!!! grin
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by superman(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2007
militia i dnt get u sometimes u know. anyway the problem here is there are just too many fake nigerians out there. what happen over there, which ever way u look at it is just takin a piss.

now action plan

lets fix up nigeria quickly which is still feasible as it will always be and plan for revenge just like the Russia.

once again what happen in Holland is a disrespect to all Nigerians

it just that these foolish nigerians think they know but they dnt ! god knows

Nonesense
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by MILITIA(f): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2007
superman:

militia i dnt get u sometimes u know. anyway the problem here is there are just too many fake nigerians out there. what happen over there, which ever way u look at it is just takin a piss.

now action plan

lets fix up nigeria quickly which is still feasible as it will always be and plan for revenge just like the Russia.

once again what happen in Holland is a disrespect to all Nigerians

it just that these foolish nigerians think they know but they dnt ! god knows

Nonesense

Shwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!  That is why I am interesting!!!!  If you "get" me "always" then I will become a "BORING COW" grin!!!!!

You need to fix Nigeria quickly oh!!! Yes it is a disrespect. But we need to respect ourselves first!!!!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by superman(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2007
oh is it really ! ha
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by igodie1: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2007
hey hey people, the right word is "insulting" and not insultive!! wink
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by hj: 11:08am On Jul 30, 2007
In as much as this topic is quite laughable, it touches on most of the fundamental flaws of the Nigerian community.
I can understand every ones views on the Osuofia issue but there are a number of things I need to clarify
The police have the right to storm ANY premises if they feel a crime is taking place
Osuofia is not justified in approaching the Police that is the duty of the hall/club manager
If Osoufia does not speak the language …what was he saying?
The rule of OBEY B4 COMPLAIN applies in every country.
Most of those at the event were illegal immigrants….about 67 were deported
Most Nigerian comedians are only experts at abusing people
Basket mouth went to Austria and in front of and audience of 50% Nigerian and 50% Austrians declared that he hates Austrians because they are racists; this is a country were 3in every 4 Nigerians are married to Austrians.

We have so descended to a level where someone would abuse you and then you clap for him

I Think Nigerian entertainers need to be properly educated about how to portray themselves outside Nigeria.

Sunny Ade, Fela, Lagbaja and Femi Kuti just to name a few have been touring the world for ages without any police problems.

I am not supporting the insults the Nigerians are getting but sometimes you have to accept that they asked for it.

We need to start looking inwards to find the solution to our problems; we are very good at blaming others for our misfortune and I fault Osuofia for having such a show in Holland, where majority of Nigerians don’t have proper immigration papers.
The likes of egoldman and militia are both right in trying to uphold the integrity of Nigeria, although there approach might differ. The bottom line is we are all finding a way to make Nigeria good again and we need to go back to the basics, instead of complaining about we were mistreated maybe we should find ways of making sure such does not happen again.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by teefunk: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2007
I have read a lot of the comments on this topic and most of the points have been made. Please channel them to those that need to hear - Osuofia, Maleke, The Netherlands Police, Nigerian Foreign Misnistry, Nigerians in the Diaspora and of course the millions of Nigerians at home. While I do not want to make this an affront on any one I do need to comment about two people in contrast.

Militia: I have thoroughly enjoyed your comments and you have made very good points that many Nigerians will always find hard to accept. From what you have said, I deduce that you did not and do not advocate racism. Few people can see that. You have proferred what is called intelligence - which is what CIA, FBI, MI6 and other relevant security agencies use in making their nations great. They do not stand and shout and be blinded by frivolities of situations like EFCC, SSS and the numerous Nigerians making a whole lot of empty noise on this forum. Militia, I hold you in high regard. You are intelligent and well-spoken. smiley

Egoldman: I will try to make this quick and painless and refrain from the very words you have used on other people in this forum. To start with, you strike me as someone who needs to have his ego massaged at all times. This is the very problem Osuofia suffered from and was duly given a panacea by the Dutch Police. I am quite interested to know where you live at the moment. You strike me as still being a narrow-minded person (living in Nigeria), who has refused to take advantage of the many facets of Media and Communication to broaden his worldview. If, however, you live in one of the developed countries, then I really don't see the point. All you have done is to scream "racism"; then what?! You have refused to profer a solution that will be of benefit to others. You have failed to add value to society. Yet, the only contribution you can lay claim to in this forum is that you created it. Big deal. I can create 100 forums in a few minutes. I have decided to stop here as any further attempt to rationalise you will take me down to the level of social reasoning you are. Please, take my criticism in good faith. sad
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Dynast(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2007
Ur comportment wil determine how you will be treated to some extent
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by romeo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2007
teefunk:

I have read a lot of the comments on this topic and most of the points have been made. Please channel them to those that need to hear - Osuofia, Maleke, The Netherlands Police, Nigerian Foreign Misnistry, Nigerians in the Diaspora and of course the millions of Nigerians at home. While I do not want to make this an affront on any one I do need to comment about two people in contrast.

Militia: I have thoroughly enjoyed your comments and you have made very good points that many Nigerians will always find hard to accept. From what you have said, I deduce that you did not and do not advocate racism. Few people can see that. You have proferred what is called intelligence - which is what CIA, FBI, MI6 and other relevant security agencies use in making their nations great. They do not stand and shout and be blinded by frivolities of situations like EFCC, SSS and the numerous Nigerians making a whole lot of empty noise on this forum. Militia, I hold you in high regard. You are intelligent and well-spoken. smiley

Egoldman: I will try to make this quick and painless and refrain from the very words you have used on other people in this forum. To start with, you strike me as someone who needs to have his ego massaged at all times. This is the very problem Osuofia suffered from and was duly given a panacea by the Dutch Police. I am quite interested to know where you live at the moment. You strike me as still being a narrow-minded person (living in Nigeria), who has refused to take advantage of the many facets of Media and Communication to broaden his worldview. If, however, you live in one of the developed countries, then I really don't see the point. All you have done is to scream "racism"; then what?! You have refused to profer a solution that will be of benefit to others. You have failed to add value to society. Yet, the only contribution you can lay claim to in this forum is that you created it. Big deal. I can create 100 forums in a few minutes. I have decided to stop here as any further attempt to rationalise you will take me down to the level of social reasoning you are. Please, take my criticism in good faith. sad

i am not Egoldman but i think you are very stupid saying all this on your first post in Nairaland, or maybe you are one of those people egoldman disagreed with and you went and created a different account just to come here and attack him!! that's so lame of you

@topic
i am surprised that some people see the raid as something normal!! the police doesn't need a public gathering to round up illegal immigrants any where in Europe, they can wait outside the venue of the show and control people coming from there if they wanted to do things normally but they chose to insult our people. I can not imagine a situation like this in Spain where i live!!

are we worse than Islamic fundamentalist? they have their mosques and meeting places every where in Holland and have even killed a prominent dutch film maker, but the they will never raid them for fear of repercussion, so we must protest against such treatments because one of you people might be tempted to visit Holland any day and find yourself in such situation and the humiliations will by then be worse
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by charlione(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2007
romeo:

i am not Egoldman but i think you are very stupid saying all this on your first post in Nairaland, or maybe you are one of those people egoldman disagreed with and you went and created a different account just to come here and attack him!! that's so lame of you

dude u dont have to be rude.understand that everyone has a right to an opinion.that is what i understand this forum to be about.

@topic
i am surprised that some people see the raid as something normal!! the police doesn't need a public gathering to round up illegal immigrants any where in Europe, they can wait outside the venue of the show and control people coming from there if they wanted to do things normally but they chose to insult our people. I can not imagine a situation like this in Spain where i live!!

[quote][/quote]

Not when we have the type of reputation we have.u live in spain,good,so when the police raid u question them?
Pls get this straight,OSUOFIA IS NOT THE MOST POPULAR NIGERIAN ABROAD AT THE MOMENT.His reference to the whites as Mugu in his song is an insult they are yet to come to terms with.

Having said all this,i bliv that the solution to this problem will come from within and it will take time.We have to build back d reputation of this country so that we will be respected again.

@militia, i understand u perfectly.u try to might light of these situations to mask the pain u really feel.they do affect u cos u are a Nigerian.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chichimma(f): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
People here are finding it very funny and amusing,  it is unbelieveable how a lot of Nigerians think about themselves and others.
It is a pity that we feel that is normal to be treated like shit because we are Nigerians and our country is a mess!
It is a pity how we just make fun out of every thing that concerns Nigeria or Nigerians.
This raid was condemned by many people in the Netherlands as well as several Dutch Parties.  Thank God that they freed the majority of people.

It is quite clear how I think about these kind of injustice.  If police comes towards me to ask me for my papers or disturbs a party where I am , before I go on my knees, I will ask them a simple question and that is why even if I am the host or not. I guess America is quite different whereby everything is about terrorism and they can get away with shooting someone if they do not cooperate by using the word terrorism constantly. As for Holland everyone has a right even people without papers have right only they dont know it and the police takes advantage of that.

I do not want to be wasting my time on clarifying things of this matter. It is clear that most Nigerians enjoy this kind of thing and see it just as a good laugh. My aunty was at that show and was humiliated to the core just because she wanted to see Osufia.  Most of us know that the police wanted to kill three birds with one stone by canceling the show, arrest as many illegals as possible and pick up 419 scammers. Unfortunately, they only got two scammers out of the 111 people they arrested that time. The Amsterdam major did not back the police raid on national TV  by saying that he did not give them approval or go ahead and that he was not informed ( (we  Nigerians in Holland all know that it is a lie)  The issue here is that he did not know that there will be so much hype about it so he had to say something to help himself.

When I read all the comments I really felt bad this times makes me really envy Arabs and there sense of unity. We Nigerians we do not even know what that is. People back home use to say to me that we that are living abroad are the future of Nigeria. We  can do something better one day that is why we need to work hard and study to eventually add some value to the country and people.  Well reading most of these comments today I guess we failed  cry  It is shocking.  I believe that everyone is entitled of its own opinion but come one how ignorant can one be to say that it was a normal thing after reading all the facts just because of our bad image or a few rotten apples in the community. Does it mean we are all doomed just because we are from Nigeria and take every insults?  Have we already lost our sense of what is good and bad just because we are Nigerians? I refuse to accept that!

Check out one of this links at nairaland about the same issue:
Dutch police raid W/A migrants' club

@ Seun
Here is your source  www. ngrguardiannews.com
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by MILITIA(f): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2007
teefunk:

Egoldman: I will try to make this quick and painless and refrain from the very words you have used on other people in this forum. To start with, you strike me as someone who needs to have his ego massaged at all times. This is the very problem Osuofia suffered from and was duly given a panacea by the Dutch Police. I am quite interested to know where you live at the moment.

You strike me as still being a narrow-minded person (living in Nigeria), who has refused to take advantage of the many facets of Media and Communication to broaden his worldview.

If, however, you live in one of the developed countries, then I really don't see the point. All you have done is to scream "racism"; then what?! You have refused to profer a solution that will be of benefit to others. You have failed to add value to society. Yet, the only contribution you can lay claim to in this forum is that you created it. Big deal.

I can create 100 forums in a few minutes. I have decided to stop here as any further attempt to rationalise you will take me down to the level of social reasoning you are. Please, take my criticism in good faith. sad

Thank you jare!!!  I am glad that some of you understand!!!!  But CHEI! CHEI! CHEI!  grin  Naija people sabi yab no be small!!!  See as you just cut down this big bros--egoldman to pint size!!!!  shocked  With some serious lashing and quiet bombs!!!!    Even me dey fear you!!!! Kai!!!!  Please egoldman, stop insulting people and let us enjoy this thread.

romeo:

i[b] am not Egoldman but i think you are very stupid saying all this on your first post in Nairaland[/b], or maybe you are one of those people egoldman disagreed with and you went and created a different account just to come here and attack him!! that's so lame of you

@topic
i[b] am surprised that some people see the raid as something normal!! [/b] the police doesn't need a public gathering to round up illegal immigrants any where in Europe, they can wait outside the venue of the show and control people coming from there if they wanted to do things normally but they chose to insult our people. I can not imagine a situation like this in Spain where i live!!

are we worse than Islamic fundamentalist? they have their mosques and meeting places every where in Holland and have even killed a prominent dutch film maker, but the they will never raid them for fear of repercussion, so we must protest against such treatments because one of you people might be tempted to visit Holland any day and find yourself in such situation and the humiliations will by then be worse

What type of pleasure do you derive from insulting people sad  You may not be egoldman, but you sure sound like him---calling people stupid!!!

charlione:

dude u don't have to be rude.understand that everyone has a right to an opinion.that is what i understand this forum to be about.

@topic

Not when we have the type of reputation we have.u live in spain,good,so when the police raid u question them?
Please get this straight,OSUOFIA IS NOT THE MOST POPULAR NIGERIAN ABROAD AT THE MOMENT.His reference to the whites as Mugu in his song is an insult they are yet to come to terms with.
Having said all this,i bliv that the solution to this problem will come from within and it will take time.We have to build back d reputation of this country so that we will be respected again.

@militia, i understand u perfectly.u try to might light of these situations to mask[b] the pain u really feel.they do affect u because u are a Nigerian.[/b]

I have learned that humour  is the best remedy to pain and humiliation.  It really makes the pain more bearable.  If not you will become a psycho--looking for someone to kill out of frustration!!! Is it worth it Like some Nigerians over here now, killing people and carrying guns about!!! 

All because of frustration and lack of appreciation from Oyinbo people.  It will never be my portion!!! They do not have that kind of power over me to make a fool of myself for their amusement!!!  All they will say is -- here comes another Nigerian!!! I cannot give them that satisfaction!!! NEVER!!!!  I hate to see that look of ice cold satisfaction on their faces when they feel they have power over you!  Why Nigerians cannot understand that beats me!

Please, I have noticed that it is very Nigerian to be rude.  Once you disagree with a typical Nigerian, you have made an enemy.  I guess when you are used to being in a "dictatorship" government, you subconsciously became a dictator yourself.  This means everyone has to agree with you and you risk being condemned if you do not agree with your dictator's wishes.  

I believe you cannot have an opinion whatsoever!!!  That is why Osuofia and Co. found themselves in the mess they did.  For this type of behaviour!!!  It is a real shame oh!  We need to change.  It is highfully amusing that most Nairaland users will try to "bully" others into submision when there is disagreement. With insults and ridicule!

Can you imagine trying to bully someone on a web page Someone you do not even know That is how sick the situation is!    Then you can imagine what they do to their husbands, wives, children and relatives.  That means you will get the beating of your life for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, if you disagree with your almighty "dictator"!!! My gosh!!!  Na wah for wire road!!!!!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by charlione(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2007
@chichimma
  i feel your pain cry, but there is absolutely nothing we can do about this at the moment. like i said earlier, with time, maybe.respect is reciprocal and we have to respect ourselves first;then other will be forced to respect us!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by charlione(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2007
@militia,
glad u're back.would like to know u.pls holla at me, charlione247@yahoo.co.uk
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2007
Well sins i am based in Holland but was not born here i need to set one thing straight they didn't let only oyibo people go they let people go who had papers to stay here and among them where oyibo and blacks.Further more it was an act off racism.U don't see this happing with rap singers when they insult the police or dog woman.If it was about his song then they have to arrested allot off singers cause allot of them sings about things happening in life.It is osofia's right to sing about that he is an artist and we have something called freedom off speaking.When the white people here wants to belittle Muslim people they say allot and they call it freedom off speaking.So u see how things are in this useless country.My problem is that the Nigerian embassy is doing nothing to bring this stupid white people on there knees for this act.For everybody's info i was born in Surinam(south-America) but raise in this useless country and it's full of racism.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Elgaxton(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Militia

U've given a sound and true judgement.

They should 've known that netherlands police is not business as usual, first what calibre of pple always gather at the

place where they got arrested?

2nd: Osuofia should have known that you cant eat ur cake it and have it, so after he don yab Oyibo man he think sey he

go go there come escape with him dry jokes!!

Too bad @ least dem don chop person money freely grin grin
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2007
@militia
i can't believe the way u are responding.So because i am black i have to shut up when the police is doing there thing.Well maybe it works like that in U.S.A but not here we have every right here to ask but because the police here knows that the Nigerians here are afraid that's why they treat them like that.

I wish the Nigerians who are living here with there dutch papers would have more balls.Cause we others blacks and the Moroccans we always putt them in there place.

The Suriname people who are living here try to demonstraight with the Nigerians well only a few Nigerians came.It was  said tho.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Elgaxton

Don't dey chop nigga money white people are the worlds largest thief's.I am not saying that the 419 business is a good thing am not supporting that at all but what go's around comes around.

I saw one documentairy from Liberia about fire stone and allot more it is hard breaking what the oyinbo people are doing in Africa and now they are crying for some peanuts that only a few Nigerians is taking from them.

Once more am not supporting the 419 it's just a statement i am making.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Elgaxton(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2007
@chillibabe

At least they dont sing about it and still come down to nigeria here to perform comedies!

U trust now if them try am e go jussst bee! 4 them

They should have been conscious of the fact that sey na whitee land dem dey?

Afterall Niger Delta don do worse things to them o. wink
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by deezzle(m): 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2007
one thing i will like you guys to understand is this: for being a nigerian, the whiteys already have an impression created by your fellow nigerians about u.
if u respect urself, u can change that mindset.
have u seen how arrogant these nollywood people act in and out of the country its like the thing has given them a big S on their chests.
i read the story and well, wat can i say, policemen will always be policemen. even herem, they do it. can he ask a nija MOPOL explanation, even with the fact that communication will not be an issue? he cant, u will now go abrroad and start asking dutch policemen "wat do u mean"? na die u dey
one thing i know is that they must have struggled with those guys before they could have been treated the way they were. for those that have had the opportunity to deal with them (or be dealt with), they are more reasonable than wat we have here and if u respect urself and know the terrain u are in, am sure u will be fine.
as making nollywood watever he said he wants to make it, they have had too many of their members trafficking drugs, wat will u expect oyinbo to do? rub their backs when he sees them,?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Elgaxton(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Dezzle

Goooood blesssss youuuuu

U just said the [size=18pt]BITTER TRUTH[/size]
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by egoldman(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2007
I started this thread and my reason for doing so was not to prove that all Nigerians in Holland have valid papers or are honest people , naturally there are people who are not clean in whatever they do .
i had expected that it would be discussed is a way where the wrongs of the dutch police would be made plain and whatever bad conduct of our people there would be laid bare also,but what did we see ? we saw a situation where fellow Nigerians were telling us that it was wrong in the first place for an artist to travel and perform in another mans country and that dutch police got it all right and everything they did was the norm , this is where this thread starting getting very heated .
if the very dutch people who this happened in their country would condemn it , i do not see why a Nigerian would still insist that the cops did all that was right and that Nigerian performer was wrong in asking the police a simple reasonable question .If you live in Holland and the cops raid your house and you asked them what was the problem ,does that mean you have asked for trouble ? is that not a reasonable way to address a cop , even in a third world country like India here , cops do introduce themselves and why they have come to you if you ask them , am sure this is done so also in other countries .
for those who said that i sound insulting, i don't have much to say rather the way u addressed me afterwards made me to wonder who is more insulting , maybe to you , two wrongs surely would make a right .I wonder if you did not read on this same forum when same person you found so much sense on her post used words like this " Next, your arse is black and you are in a white country---no rights to prove oh!!! and she even said she is trying to laugh about the situation , if thats not general insult, then i wonder what is .
My points have never been that Nigeria have no problem and that Nigeria is heaven , yeah we have bad image now , but that does mean we all 100% have bad image , tell me if you were ribadu who was given the task of helping to clean the image of this nation , and you have been arresting corrupt people and prosecuting them , how would you feel when a Nigerian like you uses words that means that every single Nigerian including ur very self is a crook , this is what some of us are actually implying here directly or indirectly , and that is just not acceptable .
i was accused of not given solution as to how we can make Nigeria better , well someone asked that and i gave my response as quoted ;
If i would decide to be a better Nigerian and you do same also , then i think that would be a good start , [b]we all know where we are coming short of expectation .[/b]
i guess that was not enough for that person .
The way to heal Nigeria is not to paint Nigeria as hopeless case , anyone that does that should be ashamed of themselves , every country in this have their bad side just like Nigeria does , maybe we have more than others , but that does not make Nigeria an impossible case . Why should anyone call what is being posted on this forum as constructive criticism ? if someone from another country should read such , would they conclude that we are helping out nation come out of its trouble. ?i don't think so .
what i see on this forum is same like what i see here in India with regards to the Nigerian High Commission , they have what you call a policy of abandonment . They see Nigerians through the eyes of the Indian police, they seem to be saying to them , yeah our people are bad , so deal with them as u like , they deserve no human right at all .
India is full of drugs, drug users and drug pushers, but anytime an American or British or even someone from some African countries is picked up for drug offense , the next thing you see if that their consulate would send someone there , they don't come to say he is right to do drugs , but they come to make sure that his human rights , like right to lawyer of his choice and no-torture is given to him , but when that culprit happens to be a Nigerian, the consulate sends no one , and the cops here have seen that as a normal thing , so they treat them as they like ,this is not in anyway to say that its good thing to do crime , but its not a good thing to dehumanize someone cos he did crime ,cos that too is a crime of on its own . Sorry i seen to be digressing , but this same practice is what some of us are actually upholding on this forum .
the fact that we have many bad ones among us does not mean we should condone injustice all in the name that many of us are bad , we cannot lose our sense of dignity cos our country have bad image , in fact the world does not all see us as being bad ,what of professor Emeagwali ? does America or the world see him as a bad Nigerian ?do we still have such people in Nigeria ? certainly yes . How do you think he would feel when he sees the ever pessimistic view of some people on this thread ? if we are that bad , why are western financial institutions investing money into our banks ? did they not know are all corrupt ? why are they pouring money into our stock market ? aren't they afraid of our corrupt minds ? if they would have some kind of confidence by investing their money in Nigeria , why would a Nigerian perpetually see nutting but hopelessness about his country ?
If we cant show some level of faith in Nigeria , who then would do that for us , If you feel Nigeria is doomed forever , is it the world that would see something good in it ?
In summary what happened in that show was not nice at all , what the dutch police did was not normal in any sense , and i will rather be free Nigerian than to be a western slave, as a second class citizen in a western country , God bless Nigeria .
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Elgaxton(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2007
@egoldman
Yeah!

I like the last line of ur last post

Pls hellep me tell ur bros dem wey no get Akaolu for there to think like this too
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by chillbabe(f): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ Egoldman

Have u seen my posting.If u do u know that me a dutch citizen who is not Nigerian can never support this act off the police.

It is plain an simple racism because everybody here in Holland knows that 419 guys don't go to Osoufia"s show.And believe me the dutch police know that also they just take this for an excuse to deport people.

I don't know if u guys know the Dutch politicians and even our mayor condemn is police act.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by egoldman(m): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2007
chillbabe, thanks for ur post, its interesting to know that a non- Nigerian is saying this .
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by romeo(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2007
MILITIA:

Thank you jare!!! I am glad that some of you understand!!!! But CHEI! CHEI! CHEI! grin Naija people sabi yab no be small!!! See as you just cut down this big bros--egoldman to pint size!!!! shocked With some serious lashing and quiet bombs!!!! Even me dey fear you!!!! Kai!!!! Please egoldman, stop insulting people and let us enjoy this thread.

What type of pleasure do you derive from insulting people sad You may not be egoldman, but you sure sound like him---calling people stupid!!!

that was cutting him and you to your respective sizes and egoldman sounds more real than you lots

thanks chichi and chillbabe for your more matured views on this
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by beetintin(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2007
at last egoldman, you've got somebody to support your racism stance. We can now
rest.

Maybe your campaign should be targeted at your country people so that they know
how to launder the image of the country POSITIVELY. The treatment of Osuofia didn't
just start the day he was humiliated or racial attacked, as it pleases you my Lord cool

When we know how to act right, others will know how to treat us right. wink

Chillibabe, thank you very much, at least egoldman will be so glad to have a companion.
We don't need to be from a particular country to know what the truth is. Do we?

chillbabe:

@ Egoldman

It is plain an simple racism because everybody here in Holland knows that 419 guys don't go to Osoufia"s show.And believe me the dutch police know that also they just take this for an excuse to deport people.

How many shows has he done in Holland for your fact to be substantiated Ma? Who
are evn the evrybody sef?

Well, I don't have anything against Osuofia, he is somebody I love so much, but that
him chop your dollar song, get as e be o. cool
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by WesleyanA(f): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2007
that sucks but not surprising.
i'll have to agree with militia on this one though.

if you're abroad and you're black or non-white, get ready to be treated as second class citizen. that's what you are to them. maybe unless you have a passport and a good lawyer ie. lots of cash in your pocket. then you can move up a few steps right below whites in their priority list.
or if you're in the US, the liberals/democrats can defend you. other than that, you're just another black criminal.
what pains me in this, though, is that these same oyinbo people that will treat you like shit in their country are given preferential treatment in our country.

but seriously though, as much as i like osofia's song (not because of the message but for the humor/satire etc) why in the world did he think that he can bash oyinbos (whether he was just making a movie theme song and didn't mean it or not) and expect to get his way for it. undecided
just because these dutch people claimed "freedom of speech" when their citizens ridiculed and bashed muslims with the offensive islamic cartoons doesn't mean they will give you freedom of speech to bash their own or say whatever you want in their land.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2007
this is a different way of looking at it:

150 police men means quite simply ,that it was a raid.that implies that the club is a hangout of unsavory characters(in the eyes of the dutch police)

even in naija, no be yahoo yahoo boys dey feature for clubs ?

what happens if u go 2 a party that is full of cult boys, and its raided by police?you get picked up. you decide to prove. you get roughed up.

osuofia should have confirmed the sort of people at the party he was to host.for the police, it simply would have been a case of guilty by association.

in much the same way that back in school, you try to confirm if cult boys will fall in, and if they do, you fall out. . .
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by WesleyanA(f): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2007
oyb:

osuofia should have confirmed the sort of people at the party he was to host.for the police, it simply would have been a case of guilty by association.

the police raided the place probably specifically because osofia (i go chop your dollar) was performing. and of course, every nigerian abroad is an unsavory character in the eyes of their citizens. whether police or not.
there were white people at the show too that got sent home while the blacks were hounded. why weren't those whites guilty by association?
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of The Netherlands Police, By Osoufia by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2007
point taken.
no excuse for that .
probably because unlike the Nigerians, they can sue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report / Bukola Saraki Has No Case To Answer / DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.