Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s (12453 Views)

Is It Possible For Her To Lay Claim On My Shop / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria? / Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by YeyeGbami: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
SportsHD:

Yeah, work now so you don't have to work later.

And, the income should be a passive one. The type that can feed generations to come.

Generation to come fit decide to sell everything sha
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by TripleAkutigi: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

Work hard in my youth and build investment portfolios with
passive income.

Even When you retire in your 40s you can afford to have your PA
handle your phones on all your affairs while you chill in your luxurious home enjoying life and watching your kids grow.
goon with your work until you clock 75th.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by peacettw: 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
I wish that was possible
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by seyz91(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
cheesy abi
McOluOmo:
Retirement ko tired ni

Dangote still dey fyn money oo'

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by mizz2posh: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Working and keeping yourself busy helps your brain stay active.
Interacting with people daily and just having that sense of usefulness makes the mind healthy. If you are wealthy enough to retire at 40, u can as well keep working and make out time for family and watch your kids grow.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by somehow: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

passive income.

handle your phones on all your affairs while you chill in your luxurious home enjoying life and watching your kids grow.

Yes, it's possible.

You already listed some of the steps.

Living below your means and get the extra money working for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by seanwilliam(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
I plan to retire by 35. Depends on my net worth then ..
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

passive income.

handle your phones on all your affairs while you chill in your luxurious home enjoying life and watching your kids growing.

It is possible if you plan for it
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Oluf3mi(m): 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
McOluOmo:
Retirement ko tired ni

Dangote still dey fyn money oo'

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

That you are retired no mean say money on flow must stop. Just investment wisely and monitor things. You gerrit??
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
It's not as easy as you think except you are from a rich home, you need to make generational wealth before you can think of retirement

Even if you retire what will you be doing day to day, staying home all day doing nothing is like hell you will get bore in less than two years that is 42, that's why a dangote will continue to work even with his money until his health and truly old age retire him

You will be most active around your 40s unless you have a plan to fall sick or age quickly, you may no longer work for money but you definitely need to work for other purpose

Referring to retirement, as in he is not working to pay bills again and he has control of his time.

Retirement is not an age, it is when your Investments can comfortably take care of your expenses and you will still have left over for further Investments

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by AfonjaConehead: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sure..just make enough money and that's it.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Vlibray: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
yes
put 5k in Shiba or another shitcoin grin
wait for 3 Years
Retire ...
no be you advice you oo
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Carparts888(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
OFCOURSE!!! IF YOU HAVE A COMPANY OR CO~OWNER OF COMPANY/BUSINESS ENTITY THAT IS GENERATING A LOT OF REVENUE, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO RETIRE AS THE CHAIRMAN/CEO/DIRECTOR AND BE RECEIVING YOUR SHARE OF PROFIT.
THEN TRAVEL ROUND THE WORLD AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by BigDawsNet: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
In a country that has proper system

People retire at 40s...

I doubt if it's possible in Nigeria
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Bignuell(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
It's not as easy as you think except you are from a rich home, you need to make generational wealth before you can think of retirement

Even if you retire what will you be doing day to day, staying home all day doing nothing is like hell you will get bore in less than two years that is 42, that's why a dangote will continue to work even with his money until his health and truly old age retire him

You will be most active around your 40s unless you have a plan to fall sick or age quickly, you may no longer work for money but you definitely need to work for other purpose
Please can you explain how not working in your 40s makes you fall sick and age quickly??
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by rukyboy(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
Very possible. The goal is to be financially free in my 40s. I'd still work tho. Just because I want to. Not because I have to.

To achieve this, its a combination of hard work, smart and sustainable plans and learning the art of delayed gratification.

If you can achieve all these. You can surely have enough passive income to retire if you want in your 40s

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by rhames(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

passive income.

My kids who are fourteen, eleven and seven intend to to retire by thirty years old and want to be serial entrepreneurs.

They are all master bakers at a young age and each has a savings account where they put their earnings and gifts.

I taught them baking and I watch them improve everyday.

They have started young.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

passive income.

Dunno how some humans reason,
There is no retirement for the living.
Death is the only Genuine retirement
If you are tired pls take the exit door..
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by suffering: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Athletes retire in their 20s, 30s and 40s. What’s new here? Most people will always want to do something since they have blood in their veins. If you stay at home doing nothing you’ll degrade very fast.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Zainabthegirl1(f): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Retire at 40 ke
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by mastermaestro(m): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Why would anyone want to retire at 40 when life is just beginning? Stopping work at 40 is like taking a step closer the grave. You don't only work for money, you work to keep your brain active and your health bubbling. Inactivity is a killer disease, I don't think you know this.

While some wealthy people in their 80's are still active in their successful companies to keep them upbeat and healthy, a youth wants to run away from work at this early stage. You need to check your mental condition. sad

This is how many fraudulent able-bodied young folks are claiming unemployment benefits abroad while refusing to take job offers that are available. sad

Why do you think most sports personalities upon retirement as players go into coaching, sports commentary, sports broadcasting, national sports administration, and even politics? They know how it feels like to wake up every day, eat, drink, sleep and do nothing. My friend, to repeat this process every day when you are not up to 70 or 80 years is equivalent to being dead while breathing. In fact you will feel dead. You won't need anyone to tell you that you are living like a dead person. sad

It is actually a curse to retire from work at 40. Mind you, it is not the same thing as being very wealthy at 40. These are totally different dreams! One is a curse, while the other is a blessing. sad
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Franking: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
You will qualify for pension after working for ten years. It's upto you to retire thereafter.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by SavageResponse(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
BigDawsNet:
In a country that has proper system

People retire at 40s...

I doubt if it's possible in Nigeria

It is very possible here in Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

passive income.

chloride6:
Very possible to retire in your 40s.

It also depends on what retire means to you.

For some people, retirement means no work at all, for some it means skeletal work with no real obligation.

Anyway, just working hard won't cut it, you need to earn high and save a lot.

40 is just the start. You are funny ooo. Retire at 40? You can retire from civil service or from 8 to 6pm runs, but you dont retire from hustling. Have you seen any successful person retire? They work till they die. They keep innovating and making progress.

Anyone who retires and sit at home is just not productive enough. The person wasted his early and middle days serving govt. Those are the people retirement age is for. But for an industrious person who has made wealth in his 20s to 30s, su j is just getting start at 40.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by BigDawsNet: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
SavageResponse:

It is very possible here in Nigeria!

Aside politics

What career line?
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
oilPUSSY:
If you have invested enough you can, after all life begins at 40
The day you stop being productive is the day the so called investment start crashing. Things are changing daily, and those who are presently folding their arms and refuse to move into this tech age will die in penury. Let them have billions in their bank account now, and they refuse to improve themselves, they will crash. Let the person have houses all over Nigeria, he will start crashing the day he stops improving himself.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by EuroBoy007(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
Chuky7:
How can I?

passive income.

Very possible to retire in ur 40s... That's what I'm aiming for and I'm achieving it... Just be focus and don't allow any mfk to distract you. On God always�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by EuroBoy007(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
mastermaestro:
Why would anyone want to retire at 40 when life is just beginning? Stopping work at 40 is like taking a step closer the grave. You don't only work for money, you work to keep your brain active and your health bubbling. Inactivity is a killer disease, I don't think you know this.

While some wealthy people in their 80's are still active in their successful companies to keep them upbeat and healthy, a youth wants to run away from work at this early stage. You need to check your mental condition. sad

This is how many fraudulent able-bodied young folks are claiming unemployment benefits abroad while refusing to take job offers that are available. sad

Why do you think most sports personalities upon retirement as players go into coaching, sports commentary, sports broadcasting, national sports administration, and even politics? They know how it feels like to wake up every day, eat, drink, sleep and do nothing. My friend, to repeat this process every day when you are not up to 70 or 80 years is equivalent to being dead while breathing. In fact you will feel dead. You won't need anyone to tell you that you are living like a dead person. sad

It is actually a curse to retire from work at 40. Mind you, it is not the same thing as being very wealthy at 40. These are totally different dreams! One is a curse, while the other is a blessing. sad

Bros I think he meant doing something less stressful by that age (probably establish something that will be giving him steady income rather than working 9-5 to provide for his family at that age. We have different kinds of retirement) not just doing nothing at all. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by ibechris(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
Everyone is talking about retirement but no one is talking about the exact amount needed to retire.

U cant just be talking about retirement when u are not specific as to how much u need to retire. This is so,because someone would be talking about billions which only amount to a wish and not driven by serious ambition.

Most of us don't even need the billions especially now that the economy has been bastardised by one Katsina herder. It's good to be ambitious and goal oriented but retirement without work is dangerous.

For me,I need just #50million to add to what I have and that is all.
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by Sttk: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Yes
I want a 100m
Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by somehow: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
rhames:

My kids who are fourteen, eleven and seven intend to to retire by thirty years old and want to be serial entrepreneurs.

They are all master bakers at a young age and each has a savings account where they put their earnings and gifts.

I taught them baking and I watch them improve everyday.

They have started young.

Great, but you should be teaching them how to be earning from investing the money they are wasting away in the name of saving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s by legennd2: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
it is very possible. if you have achieved all your career goals and have good investments to keep the money rolling in you can retire at 25 if you wish. this will even help you focus on your health and family and the things you enjoy.

but since we are in Nigeria, 'working hard' may not help you especially if you are a nobody. try to meet people who will help your destiny or try politics or something like that. good luck

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPEC Sends Oil Prices Crashing – Oilprice Report / Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accept Nigerians 100% / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.