Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: (3185 Views)

‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral / Prayer times with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by MeganC(f): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2011
How do we start, what do we say?
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Joagbaje(m): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2011
Watch your terms, or are you still keeping boyfriend?
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by MeganC(f): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2011
sorry what do you mean by that?
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2011
@Poster

From personal experience, my advice is for you to be very careful when you are with any of these pastors and also remember the warning Jesus has already given us - "you are like a sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves", when you are with your pastor.

Matthew 18:20
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

The most important thing for you and your boyfriend is to always pray together.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 08, 2011
@OP: u'd do well to ignore jo'hnterry'abaje,

I don't know what you church you attend and their protocols. Just be sure of yourself, honest and answer whatever questions he may have. Also remember you have a right to privacy as a couple. Some pastors are very inquisitive,
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2011
@OP,
Be candid and give only the information that is necessary. Answer his questions matter of factly and be straight to the point.
Also I believe you have been obeying the word of God hence you should not be afraid of anything and the Holy Spirit will help you.
All the best.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Azibalua(f): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
From your other posts I believe you are a born again Christian
Ok, the first question is how did you guys start the relationship was it with or without your pastors consent.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by KunleOshob(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
@jo'azibalua'agbaje

Would stop writing thrash? Since when did it become necessary to seek a pastor's consent before going into a relationship? The kind of thrash you pentecostal pastors preach all in a bid to control the smallest details of your congregation's lives. That is what joblessness causes. You better go and find a decent Job.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by MeganC(f): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
Thanks Muskeeto and Snowwy,

Yes you are correct Azibalua, sorry we did decide to be friends first. I did explain to him, we first have to talk to my pastor and he don't have a problem with that. Because of previous problems in a relationship I had, my pastor helped me and at the end of the day I could surely see that God have given pastor the wisdom to advise me. And my friend understand it that way and respect it
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
KunleOshob:

@jo'azibalua'agbaje

Would stop writing thrash? Since when did it become necessary to seek a pastor's consent before going into a relationship? The kind of thrash you pentecostal pastors preach all in a bid to control the smallest details of your congregation's lives. That is what joblessness causes. You better go and find a decent Job.

@Kunleoshob,
Do not derail the thread now. The poster has no issues with seeing her pastor since she fellowships or would fellowship in the church pastored by this Pastor.
She said so herself.
I wonder what ails you with this.
Her going to meet with him does not in anyway show that the pastor is trying to control their lives.
Common, i expect you to be more mature than this.

Even MrBible and musKeeto gave good opinions this time.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
Some peeps get high on arguments and controversies lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by KunleOshob(m): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
@snowwy
If you read my comments well you would have observed that it was the 'consent' issue I criticised. Anybody is free to ask any more experienced person for counselling whether pastor or not. But clearly a pastor's consent is not needed to enter into a relationship.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
Snowwy
Even MrBible and musKeeto gave good opinions this time.
I always give good opinions it you that has nothing good to offer.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Poster
How do we start, what do we say?

Another advice is for you to see a marriage or relationship counsellor as pastors are only interested in one thing and that is tithes of income coming into their pocket.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2011
MrBible:

Snowwy I always give good opinions it you that has nothing good to offer.

Ok, your opinion like I have mine.

You now spoilt it with this though
MrBible:

@Poster
Another advice is for you to see a marriage or relationship counsellor as pastors are only interested in one thing and that is tithes of salaries coming into their pocket.

We know the only thing you are interested in is not giving tithes. Free world. You think a secular marriage/relationship counseller will not be interested in a fee for his/her advice?
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
KunleOshob:

@snowwy
If you read my comments well you would have observed that it was the 'consent' issue I criticised. Anybody is free to ask any more experienced person for counselling whether pastor or not. But clearly a pastor's consent is not needed to enter into a relationship.

Do you think i did not read your comments well before posting?
Please show me where the OP said she was looking for her pastor's consent? Or Joagbaje's?

Also, typical of you, you had nothing to offer the OP as per advice. You came here 'hounding' Joe as usual. Keep up 'your good work'.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by KunleOshob(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
@snowwy
Are you saying you did not read the daft comment were 'azibalua' was asking if she had her pastor's consent before they started dating
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Kunle and co,
stop helping an addict, grin
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
nowwy
We know the only thing you are interested in is not giving tithes. Free world. You think a secular marriage/relationship counseller will not be interested in a fee for his/her advice?
You don’t have any objection when you see a secular doctor, get on a plane that is piloted by a secular pilot, get in a car driven by a secular driver, attend lectures given by a secular lecturer and the list goes on!! Don’t you see that you are just a hypocrite.  You think the pastor too will not be interested in his false tithes, first fruit, middle fruit, last fruit and love offering.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
MrBible:

nowwyYou don’t have any objection when you see a secular doctor, get on a plane that is piloted by a secular pilot, get in a car driven by a secular driver, attend lectures given by a secular lecturer and the list goes on!! Don’t you see that you are just a hypocrite.  You think the pastor too will not be interested in his false tithes, first fruit, middle fruit, last fruit and love offering.

@MrBible,
You are the one that has the objections now. You gave advice saying she should go to a marriage counsellor because you say the Pastor will take tithes. I meant that will the marriage counsellors not demand a fee too? How did I object here? Do I need to break it down again, Kai, i don tire for you o.

It is you getting worked up now and criticising left, right and centre. It is you making the whole discussion about tithe already.
Sorry, do not be bitter.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
KunleOshob:

@snowwy
Are you saying you did not read the daft comment were 'azibalua' was asking if she had her pastor's consent before they started dating

Oh, what is Azibalua's statement you were referring to? Azibalua made a post, Joagbaje made a post.
Sorry about that.

The OP did not seem to mind though.

Anyways, you did not advice still. That was my issue with your comment and it has become like a norm.
Happy posting though
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2011
@snowwy
This is a job for a marriage or relationship counsellor, pastors are well trained in collecting tithes and not for mariages or relationships. If they can afford it they should go and see a marriage or relationship counsellor.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Zikkyy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
Azibalua:

Ok, the first question is how did you guys start the relationship was it with or without your pastors consent.

grin grin grin na wa oh cheesy na pastor dey give consent now grin pastor don become P.I.M.P be that na grin the pastor is becoming too powerful oh shocked only God fit help you if the pastor get other plans for the lady grin

Edit: taking into consideration Azibalua 'area of origin' i'll say Jo is already a P.I.M.P grin
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Snowwy: 5:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
MrBible:

@snowwy
This is a job for a marriage or relationship counsellor, pastors are well trained in collecting tithes and not for mariages or relationships. If they can afford it they should go and see a marriage or relationship counsellor.

Ok. That is an opinion.

However, I must say this is one of the funniest responses I have seen. grin grin grin

Edit: I thought you were trying to save them some parting of cash.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by free123: 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Op
I assume you love each other; seeing ur pastor might bring your relationship to another level. If you've decided to spend the rest of your life with this guy and pastor says otherwise, would that disorganise you?

My advice - just pray for happy married life and be careful before a supposed MOG puts asunder what God has already joined together
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Azibalua(f): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
free123:

I assume you love each other; seeing your pastor might bring your relationship to another level. If you've decided to spend the rest of your life with this guy and pastor says otherwise, would that disorganise you?
My advice - just pray for happy married life and be careful before a supposed MOG puts asunder what God has already joined together
so many marriages are over today but initially they taught they were in love,so what happened to the love? Did it turn to ice block?

author=KunleOshob link=topic=685629.msg8478991#msg8478991 date=1307536796]
@jo'azibalua'agbaje
Baba
Pastoral guidance cannot be wrong
Read Jeremiah 3:15

MrBible:

@Poster
Another advice is for you to see a marriage or relationship counsellor as pastors are only interested in one thing and that
is tithes of income coming into their pocket.

Interesting for you to say that
Is the marriage counselling free or are you one?

author=KunleOshob
link=topic=685629.msg8480296#msg8480296 date=1307546923]
@snowwy
Are you saying you did not read the daft comment were 'azibalua' was asking if she had her pastor's consent before they
started dating

See unlike you I don't just talk
Marriage is a lifetime thing and must be done right the first time.
And what do you understand by " dating" sir.

r.
MeganC:

Thanks Muskeeto and Snowwy,

Yes you are correct Azibalua, sorry we did decide to be friends first. I did explain to him, we first have to talk to my
pastor and he don't have a problem with that. Because of previous problems in a relationship I had, my pastor helped me and at the end of the day I could surely see that God have given pastor the wisdom to advise me. And my friend understand it that way and respect it

So the when you guys go to him ,be honest,and what you don't know ask questions.
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by free123: 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
jo turned Azi
Many homes and relationships have been toppled today by these wolves disguising as men of God. What do u make of this?
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Azibalua(f): 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
Free 123DNA Enigma
So sayeth thee
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by free123: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2011
what do u make of JOAGBAJE, AKHOZEM, AZIBALUA and yet to be discovered ids used by one and same person to propagate ungodly and heretical teachings of oyaks here on Nairaland?
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by MeganC(f): 8:07am On Jun 09, 2011
Thanks Azibalua, the Holy Spirit just told us last nite to be honest about everything and how we feel about each other. We know each other more then 11 years and have been in a previous relationship of +- 3 years before we became born again Christians now. Our pastor and church makes no decisions without the Holy Spirit, even every Sunday service if the Spirit tells pastor to preach the same topic 3 weeks in a row then it be so. And we are a small congregation, so pastor and his wife have our best interest at heart. We could call them 3 or 4 times a week and they will always make time to listen and give advise, not their own but out of the Word of God. I believe that when God put two people together, absolutely no-one & nothing can tear them apart when they obey God's will & Word. But in life today, when you suddenly fall inlove we just think or say this is the one or we even say God have given this person to me, without consulting a wiser person in God's Kingdom to advise us or help us. And when everything else fails we give God or the pastor the blame. Thanks for your advise, love & huggies
God bless xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: My Boyfriend & I Have Our First Meeting With Pastor 2morrow: by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 19, 2014
The problem with seeing some pastors is that they often add spice to whatever God says. They often allow self to come in. I am not saying there are no good pastors out their. But many of them are not speaking for God but for their pockets. I have seen many pastors who seek to control peoples home just for selfish reasons and the need to weild power.

I will advice you to learn to hear from God yourself. So you can compare what anyone says with what God says. Many marriages are destroyed because of these so called pastors.

Like I already said, I didn't say seeing your pastor is wrong but also learn to hear from God.

(1) (Reply)

Did Christ Also Die For The Black Africans? / Do Satan/demons Really Torture People In Hell? / What She Did To Look Like The Devil(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.