Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" (27427 Views)

Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me / Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by tuboi: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
koladebrainiac:
cant you just do the honorable thing and resign
You know we are Nigerians we no get money to pay you off.

Please we still dey owe IMF,cHINA pARIS CLUB AND RECENTLY SOKOLOAN now you want us to dey owe you again haba, resign now

9ja blood has entered his body.HE WILL NOT RESIGN
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by nwajesus12(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You meant to say he doesn't have the support of most Nigerians.
erudite professor
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by beejay85: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Morris101686:
In the last five years we have wasted our time in football. There is nothing new we are doing any longer .To see a country with many professional players home and abroad struggling to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations and World Cup is heartbreaking. Gernot Rohr is not a good coach and I don't understand why he is still managing Super Eagles.

Orji Uzor quote " Gernot Rohr" is not a good coach I turned him down when I came to Enyimba
Well wanted to ask where was Orji's opinion when he qualified us to d last world cup? I then realized
He was in prison grin

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by seyz91(m): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy
Kharol1234:
N.a. still the same thing
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by russy: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
russy:
Rohr did not know that Nigerian prefer to loose gallantly than to win fumbling, ask fanny Amu grin grin grin grin
The next possible opponent is what is shaking the table, Pinnick is afraid, fear dey catch the whole NFF, The fear of Egypt, Cameroon, is causing them sleepless night, chai.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by seyz91(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy
GoldenJAT:
Then QUIT! Na beg, we de beg YOU!!
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by abobote: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
Don't quit, let them sack you and pay you off
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by beejay85: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
FrancisDiote:
Nigeria will not qualify for world cup with Rohr in charge. Eagles play without passion for the shirt and country.

Names don't win matches but teams do. Nigeria has no team to compete for the knock out qualifying phase of the world cup
Ivory coast had names and team,yet they didn't qualify... appreciate what you have...d coach met all his set targets since he was employed...that's why NFF can't sack him...NFF can only appeal to him to leave...and trust me,he won't....
Whoever want him to quit should pray someone else gets celebrated after he or she had done the most work...I hear AMEN?
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by kilisi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
Yeah, you need to go.

After those shambolic displays against minnows Liberia and Cape Verde, I am surprised as to why your ass hasn't been axed.

NFF are pussy, they probably don't want to compensate you, playing with the Super Eagles like its their property.

I'm beginning to see Amaju has not having enough balls to be at the reins of affairs.

Too conservative for my liking, my niggarr take the fvcking initiative and attack! No concrete style of play, if that niggarr still in charge we have zero chance of wining the afcon and definitely not qualifying for Qatar.

I said what I said

There is a loud whisper that Rohr is used to launder money by the NFF top guys.

I'm afraid I may have to agree with that rumour because I can't understand why his butt has not been kicked a long time ago.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by KanielOutis92: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You meant to say he doesn't have the support of most Nigerians.
Thanks for the correction
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by techWriter3: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
True oyinbo folks would have quit with all this poor findings and flak.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by otokx(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
December 2022 is not far again, they should allow him finish what he started.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by jrusky(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
Pls Rohr just pack your load and go you are just Zigzag coach.

So if we had gone to Cape Verde for second leg they would have beat us? Bro Rohar pls shut da f u c k and get lost.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
beejay85:

Ivory coast had names and team,yet they didn't qualify... appreciate what you have...d coach met all his set targets since he was employed...that's why NFF can't sack him...NFF can only appeal to him to leave...and trust me,he won't....
Whoever want him to quit should pray someone else gets celebrated after he or she had done the most work...I hear AMEN?
Ivory coast played against a better team in Cameroon and the better team qualified. Now Cameroon is not seeded and Nigeria is. Just imagine Nigeria vs Cameroon...the world cup will still be interesting without Nigeria and guys go still cash out
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Femeto: 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
We don't even deserve him. Person wey una owe 6 months Salary at one stage. He earns the least amongst foreign coaches amongst African national teams. You can only get a local based coach at this time. Lets see his performance at the Afcon before sacking him.

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Niyinficient(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
azpekuliar:
Can't remember when last I watched a Super Eagles game. Ghana 2008 Nation's Cup perhaps. Nigerians should be careful what they wish for. The times we failed to qualify for the nation's cup and world cup, indigenous coaches were in charge.

The last time you won the afcon, who won it ? The last time you make the WC second round, who did it? ��
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Izongdave(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
This man's not bad for my super chickens abi eagle, if you're to bring another coach today, believe me the results will be more dramatic, i doubt the NFF is allowing this man to do his job, yes owed to the fact that he's not a Nigeria and that we have options than NPFL players, the job to scout players is NFF's, the ought not to tell him who to play, ands that's the problem, because when that happens it's mostly because money exchanges hands, not that they're the best
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by goodvision12(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
This man's stats with the super eagles is quite impressive but his shortcoming is lack of convincing display in his games
so are you sayıng we keep hım.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
KanielOutis92:
He doesn't have the support of most Nigerians. He should just be a gentleman and throw in the towel
can you afford his payoffs? Or u think na keshi ur nff sacked like a chicken

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by goodvision12(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
legendgalas:
Nigeria is not serious at all
How will you sack a coach 6weeks to a competition he has qualified the team to?
A coach that has met all targets set before him since he got the job?
I will rate him 8/10 since he was appointed
you can never pls Nıgerıans
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Jackiedemie(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Teewhy2:
True oyinbo people would have resigned with all this poor results and criticism.
Not anymore...
They want to get sacked so that they can get
severance benefits and as it stands now, NFF will be indebted to him with over #600millions if paradvebture they have the balls to sack him.
That's why the NFf are technically pressurizing him to resign.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by alibiguy: 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=HonNL post=107738477][/quote]

Rohr a la Solskjær.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Doyou2019: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
KanielOutis92:
He doesn't have the support of most Nigerians. He should just be a gentleman and throw in the towel

Rohr is a Nigerian politician in German skin. He won't honourably quit.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Ladiesdoctor(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
Pls and pls, if you love Nigeria abeg leave

Biko
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by deedeemob(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bro yeah all u wrote is the real truth and situation of things to an extent tho. The company AITEO pays rohrs salary not NFF, yeah the NFF is yet to reach a concrete agreement with AITEO that's why his sack is still stalling. But they will prefer rohr resigns cos of the payoff that will go with sacking him.
AFvckingAlpha:
Yeah, you need to go.

After those shambolic displays against minnows Liberia and Cape Verde, I am surprised as to why your ass hasn't been axed.

NFF are pussy, they probably don't want to compensate you, playing with the Super Eagles like its their property.

I'm beginning to see Amaju has not having enough balls to be at the reins of affairs.

Too conservative for my liking, my niggarr take the fvcking initiative and attack! No concrete style of play, if that niggarr still in charge we have zero chance of wining the afcon and definitely not qualifying for Qatar.

I said what I said
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by stanisbaratheon: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
The NFF should sack Rohr and bring in Sam Alladyce
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Germi9: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
When our correspondent contacted Rohr if he had been sacked by the NFF, he replied, “Not yet, but that’s what they want me to do.”

Hahaha!!!
“Not yet”
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by COOL10(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Virus99:

Oga what do you mean impressive ?

Not a single trophy since 2016 undecided

Just two tournaments have been held since his appointment: AFCON and the World Cup. He qualified us very convincingly for these two tournaments after missing out on the two previous AFCON tournaments where indigenous coaches were in charge.

Now tell me, did you really expect to win a tournament you haven't been to in a long time? But this man got us to third place. Did you really expect us to win the World Cup?

His style of play is depressing, yes, but saying he hasn't been impressive in terms of delivering results is just a blatant lie.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by alibiguy: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
beejay85:

Joachim leow spent 15 years with d German national team
His last 5 years performance was abysmal to say d least...he was respected but never sacked...
Saw Germany through a bad tournament..
Even when d world know d appointmented ex Bayern coach flick was better..
No patience for Nigerian s

Low earned the goodwill of the last five years of being in charge of Die mannschaft because of the tremendous work done in the previous ten years. From 2006 when he took over fully, Germany featured in the semi finals of every major tournament they qualified for until the 2018 world cup. He had Germany playing some attractive football with many young players in its ranks. Compared to Rohr, with the injection of so many young players, is there a discernable system of playing? Under this dispensation, Nigeria has had her most dismal performances: losing to South Africa at home, playing a draw after taking a 4-goal lead against sierra leone, losing to madagascar at afcon 2019; and then to CAR at home in a world cup qualifier for the first time in 40 years.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by COOL10(m): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
bskyb:

I thought I was the only one who has this view. This guy is one of the most successful coaches Nigeria has ever had. He came tops of his group, yet they want him to resign because of lacklustre performance.
People have forgotten the time when it was a norm for Nigerians to use calculators to permutate Nigeria's chances of qualifying.

Nigerians forget too soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onazi Ogenyi Set For His Traditional Marriage / Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season / Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.