Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" (27437 Views)

Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me / Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Fahdiga(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
gentleguy1975:
Reminds me of Phillip trousse who was sacked after qualifying us for world cup with an away game to spare! Same happened to Amodu shuaib in 2002 after qualifying us for korea japan!
Exactly
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Fahdiga(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
goodvision12:
so are you sayıng we keep hım.
Yes
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Fahdiga(m): 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Virus99:

Oga what do you mean impressive ?

Not a single trophy since 2016 undecided
Oya sack him na
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Mpanyi: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
If he quits, who is the right man?

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by biafranrealson: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Are u waiting for slap before you quit ?
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Kenturkey048(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
legendgalas:
Nigeria is not serious at all
How will you sack a coach 6weeks to a competition he has qualified the team too?
A coach that has met all targets set before him since he got the job?
I will rate him 8/10 since he was appointed
Boss both Nigerian citizens and Leaders are Use*less...The citizens are more useless because they don't know their right from the left...

2006 Nigeria didn't qualify for world cup
2008 ivory coast had to beat mali for Nigeria to advance to afcon quarter finals.

2010,mozambique have to beat Tunisia for us to qualify for world cup..

2011 we didn't qualify for Afcon.

2013 we were lucky to win Afcon.

2015 we didn't qualify for Afcon.

2017 we didn't qualify for Afcon.

But,ever since this man took over , we've qualified with extra matches left....Nigerians want to go back to the days coaches invited players that can share match bonuses with them..

Onazi got injured in the field of play ,there wasn't anybody to replace him because Stephen Kechi invited players who's match bonuses can be shared..

Why do Nigerians hate progress? Why are they acting like they've got the best football team before this man took over...?

Why do we like controversies?..Well I pray make this man go, so buhari and Jonathan can repeat itself again.....

5 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by mastercee(m): 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
Virus99:

This is not club football oga. How many competitions has he participated in since 2016?
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Rohr cannot even coach a small team in his native Germany,

We over value white man knowledge, I don't even see any difference that man has made.

Nigerian league is not dead. It just that they are not impressing the fans with success. Nobody loves a failure
But he is not a failure.Since his arrival 5 years ago,he has qualified us for virtually all the tournament with ease.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by namo77: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Why are Nigerians acting like Super Eagles achieved anything after 2013 and before his appointment?

Nigerians should be thanking the man for a job welldone
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Virus99:

Single trophy?
How many tournament has he played since his arrival?
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Selfmotivated: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=HonNL post=107738477][/quote]
I don't know why NFF is keeping Gernot Rohr. What has he won since is debut as a coach...
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
gentleguy1975:
Reminds me of Phillip trousse who was sacked after qualifying us for world cup with an away game to spare! Same happened to Amodu shuaib in 2002 after qualifying us for korea japan!
And we are about repeating the same mistake.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Virus99:

Why will you say I should shutup
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Evergreen4:
Ogbeni , better sack your self before the playoff
You no want make he collect him sack compensations?

The Guyman no dey go anywhere..

If una want make he go..

Make una sack am. grin
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Miller232:

Leave them let them bring their Nigerian guardiola that want to do miracle and carry them to world cup final
Nigerian coaches that are very stupid very soon they will cause division in the team naso that oliseh take pursue enyeama
Ah teh you my brother.And we are still deficient in that goalkeeping department till today cos of one black man ego.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Muwq: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Failure
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
namo77:
Why are Nigerians acting like Super Eagles achieved anything after 2013 and before his appointment?

Nigerians should be thanking the man for a job welldone
Nigeria is having a Golden Generation of football talents..

Even a PE Teacher will do as well..

If we want progress..

We a better coach.

Look at the way Cape Verde plays..

Those guys are tactically sound..

With a tenth of the talents we possess..
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
nwajesus12:
erudite professor
grin grin grin grin
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by balladin: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
azpekuliar:
Can't remember when last I watched a Super Eagles game. Ghana 2008 Nation's Cup perhaps. Nigerians should be careful what they wish for. The times we failed to qualify for the nation's cup and world cup, indigenous coaches were in charge.
The last time we won the afcon, an indigenous coach was in charge
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Banmeallday: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
Yeah, you need to go.

After those shambolic displays against minnows Liberia and Cape Verde, I am surprised as to why your ass hasn't been axed.

NFF are pussy, they probably don't want to compensate you, playing with the Super Eagles like its their property.

I'm beginning to see Amaju has not having enough balls to be at the reins of affairs.

Too conservative for my liking, my niggarr take the fvcking initiative and attack! No concrete style of play, if that niggarr still in charge we have zero chance of wining the afcon and definitely not qualifying for Qatar.

I said what I said

NFF is a great representation of the Niger Area/Nigeria....prefer to enrich Oyibo and lament....then do it again for another 4 years and lament LOL
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by namo77: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Nigeria is having a Golden Generation of football talents..

Even a PE Teacher will do as well..

If we want progress..

We a better coach.

Look at the way Cape Verde plays..

Those guys are tactically sound..

With a tenth of the talents we possess..

What did Ivory Coast achieve with their Golden generation and top coaches?

What has Belgium achieved with their Golden generation and top coaches, plus attractive style of play

Even Portugal with their current golden generation plus Ronaldo, and trophy winning coach..... They're still struggling

Sometimes it's not about the players or Coach.... It just takes team spirit

I think that's what lacking in the super eagles team... No team spirit, no desire

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
This man's stats with the super eagles is quite impressive but his shortcoming is lack of convincing display in his games
the players are good on their own
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
russy:

The next possible opponent is what is shaking the table, Pinnick is afraid, fear dey catch the whole NFF, The fear of Egypt, Cameroon, is causing them sleepless night, chai.
But they shouldn't fear nah,Rohr has dealt a devastating blow to all these so called strong opponents before.I remembered
traveling to Godswill Akpabio stadium in Uyo sometimes around 2016 and 2017 to watch live how this great tactician,Rohr beat almighty Algeria 4:0, Indomitable Lions of Cameron 4:0 and stubborn Zambian team 3:1 or so to qualify us for 2018 world cup.So I don't know what the panicking is all about this time around.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
namo77:

What did Ivory Coast achieve with their Golden generation and top coaches?

What has Belgium achieved with their Golden generation and top coaches, plus attractive style of play

Even Portugal with their current golden generation plus Ronaldo, and trophy winning coach..... They're still struggling

Sometimes it's not about the players or Coach.... It just takes team spirit

I think that's what lacking in the super eagles team... No team spirit, no desire

So because these countries did not achieve anything..

We should be content with mediocrity?

It is one thing to give your best and luck is not on your side..

And another..

To be playing crap..

The spirit you are talking about..

Don't you know that a different coach could be enough to change the mood of the team?

Rohr cannot give more than he has given already..

A change is needed..

And the time is NOW.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Pacesetter123(m): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Let me say this on a final note,SE problem is not a coach.It is poor administration by Amaju Pinnik led NFF and lack of passion and ambition by the individuals player.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by namo77: 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
So because these countries did not achieve anything..

We should be content with mediocrity?

It is one thing to give your best and luck is not on your side..

And another..

To be playing crap..

The spirit you are talking about..

Don't you know that a different coach could be enough to change the mood of the team?

Rohr cannot give more than he has given already..

A change is needed..

And the time is NOW.

Of course Super Eagles is not his birthright.... If they want to sack him, its all good

Someone else can come and take the team to the next level

All I'm saying is that we change the notion that Rohr finished Super Eagles, he actually rescued the team from the abyss of mediocrity...we qualified for tournaments again and performed credibly with him...

Super Eagles was finished before he came, and the man has done a good job...

But definitely, someone else can still do a better job
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by longview007: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
Please resign, We us God beg you.

If not you will soon be sacked because we don't want you anymore.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by gentleguy1975: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Pacesetter123:
And we are about repeating the same mistake.
God help us

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Elidrisy20: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Franko-Garmano punish you there
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by adioolayi(m): 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
NFF is to blame ...

You employed a Coach and his target is AFCON qualifications and Worldcup Qualifications..

Exactly what Rohr is doing...He has qualified for AFCON and he is still in the race to qualify for Worldcup..so, for him..he is meeting the set target.

The big question is why NFF set such uninspiring target Why can't you tell him you want good football and you want to win convincingly.

For example, you can't be Barça coach by just winning...the socios ... Barcelona fans wants good Football with good results. They don't want positive results gotten by playing badly..No. Both beautiful Football and Results are important.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by sulaak(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
This man's stats with the super eagles is quite impressive but his shortcoming is lack of convincing display in his games

Any coach with the SE will have very good stats in Africa, the issue is his stats at international tournaments, they are very poor and he shouldn't be allowed to continue to manage the team or else we will not qualify for Qatar. A poor coach that refuses to try new players.
Re: Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" by Damian10(m): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
I am among the few out of many who feels this man has done a decent job so far with the SE. People are just so engrossed on entertaining football that doesn't guarantee results. I don't care if we continue to win ugly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award / Copa America : Messi Blames Poor state of Pitches On His Woeful Performances / Maradona: "Teams No Longer Fear Argentina.. Nigeria Disgraced Us"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.