Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) (39358 Views)

Pick One / Men Bend Over To Pick Up An Object / Pls What Should Pick Between Industrial Chemistry And Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Tapout(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Everybody is shouting option A up and down without asking what kind of Car.

Are you guys not aware that there a cars which the resale amount can get you a duplex?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Ytea(f): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
If I already have A i'd choose B, if not, I'll choose A.
A car isn't a liability by the way (saw lots call it that) it's a depricating asset. You maintain a house too, give the car a break.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by nesgeeek(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
FirstPostNig:

Not every car is a liability sha�
that car is a liability. in few years time the car will depreciate in value. while the building will appreciate in value. so the building is more profitable.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by abobote: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
3 bedroom flat over car anyday
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Geekop: 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
3 bedroom flat
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
deepwater:
3 bedroom flat
OP at your age you still do not understand the difference between LIABILITY and ASSET?

Not all cars are liabilty madam.

Some are auctioned for almost double the price.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by 752hub: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
deepwater:
3 bedroom flat
OP at your age you still do not understand the difference between LIABILITY and ASSET?

A house in mile12 slum or a 40 millionaire car. Think outside the box, ask more questions
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by femi4: 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
integrityhomes:
You can only pick one

would you opt for a 3bedroom flat or a brand new ca
3bedroom flat. That house will appreciate in 10yrs time while that car will probably no longer on the road in 10yrs time
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by femi4: 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
752hub:

A house in mile12 slum or a 40 millionaire car. Think outside the box, ask more questions
Think about the future

In the next 10yrs, the car's worth will drop while the house could go for N400million naira
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by dapolaw(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
A house can also be a liability if you are not generating any income from it.

Kingpin1000:
A house is an Asset while a Car is a liability.
No matter the value or cost of the car, if it is not for commercial purpose, then it's a Liability.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by samonak(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
House for me
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by olabodejinad: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kayberg:
I'll choose the car.
Sell it, build a house from it and use the remaining to still get a smaller car.
One shot, two kills.

Those choosing A, which of them is A o?

Wait, which Toyota model is that car?
that's an A90 supra, currently worth around 50-60k
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by dapolaw(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Abi o, imagine someone offering a Royce rolls phantom to a 3 bedroom building.

I go collect the car and I know I can't sell it for nothing less than N100m, go buy one duplex with N50m, buy small Toyota with N5m and I still have atleast N40m to run a business with.

Tapout:
Everybody is shouting option A up and down without asking what kind of Car.

Are you guys not aware that there a cars which the resale amount can get you a duplex?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Elxandre(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Observer007:
Choose the car and sell to Davido or Dino Melaye or to Slawomiir who we all know is a coded big boy. Then buy a semi-detached duplex or terrace in lekki and rent out. No time or patience to build, only to remodel.

I don't need another car for now.
Is buying not always too expensive?
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
No matter the value or cost of the car, if it is not for commercial purpose, then it's a Liability.

A house is a liability as well.

It takes money from you, and except you are renting it out, it doesn't put money into your pocket.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Frales6(f): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
3 bedroom flat. That car na effizzy car na, no be husling car...who get that kind money to dey maintain am kwanu. But even if I no live for the house i fit rent am out then use the money start biz
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hashabiah:
A. That one will never lose value in 30years .

Houses lose value. The land on which the house is built may not lose value.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Hashabiah: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Houses lose value. The land on which the house is built may not lose value.
Bros , compared to a car, it is still a wiser investment
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Yeecar(m): 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
I already have a house, and an SUV, i will go for the car.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by wolebest: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Provided the car and house are of the same value, I will pick the house.
Remodel it to 2 Bedroom and One room ensuite.
I will rent out the One room.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Olam09(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
integrityhomes:
You can only pick one

would you opt for a 3bedroom flat or a brand new ca

A 3 bedroom flat by God's grace who motor help??
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by TheGiftedOne(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
How on earth does one compare Asset (investment) with liability? . You need schooling in economics
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by BabaIbo: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
I will choose both.

Shebi na my choosing and not yours, thank you.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Ayion: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
If the house and the car worth the same, I’ll chose the house. But if the car is worth more, then I’ll chose the car, sell it get another house and do whatever I like with the change
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Blankstare(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:

In Nigeria, common Toyota's are assets if well maintained. I bought a Camry 04 Nija used in 2017 for 850k, I sold in 2020 for 1m. After using for good 3yrs
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by BabaIbo: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
olabodejinad:
that's an A90 supra, currently worth around 50-60k

That's around 30 million naira with the exchange rate @ 500naira/dollar

With 5 to 10 million, you will build and fully furnish that house in the picture to a very good level.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by stayclearofme: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Go for the car and start living inside it. Yeye!
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by Judgesledge(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
emae009:

no wonder vintage cars cost hundreds of millions of dollars... I dey find those kind liabilities
Bring your vintage car come naija, let's price it for you
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by stayclearofme: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Depends on what type of car.

If it is a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, i will choose it over that house in that picture grin

The resell value of the car is more that house.
What if you don't option to re sell it?
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by meetgaya: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
deepwater:
3 bedroom flat

Not every house is an asset and not every car is a liability. It depends on the person
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by stayclearofme: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Blankstare:

In Nigeria, common Toyota's are assets if well maintained. I bought a Camry 04 Nija used in 2017 for 850k, I sold in 2020 for 1m. After using for good 3yrs
One despirado don buy am make I no call the person mumu.
Re: A 3-Bedroom Flat Or A Brand New Car: Which Would You Go For? (Photo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
How on earth does one compare Asset (investment) with liability? . You need schooling in economics

They are both assets by default.

And both liabilities, even if listed otherwise financially.

A private car is as much a liability as a private house. You have to maintain both properties, so you spend on them, and they don't put money in your pocket.

You can convert both liabilities into assets. For example, you can make money from your car by using it as a commercial vehicle. And you can turn your house into an asset by renting it out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Provide The Correct Answer To This Puzzle? Photo / (picture) Who Is Wearing The Trouser? / Never Ending Story - Just Two Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.