Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff (2251 Views)

Armed Robbers Kill Access Bank Staff In Anyigba, Kogi (Graphic Photo) / Sterling Bank Staff Accused Of Sexually Harassing 3 Ladies On The Same Night / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 6:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,
Please, I need suggestions and help to recover over 1 million naira illegally taken from mums account.
She went to a local First bank to 2 days ago to complain about a debit transaction in her dormant current account. A lady cashier that normally cash out money attended to her and she left.
Yesterday evening, the same lady called her with a private number and identified herself. Told her she attended to her the previous day and my mum recognised her voice. She told her all the details in her account and promised her to reconcile her two accounts. She lured mum to send her pin to 'first bank' - a number she provided to mum and mum complied. Various transfers were carried out instantly before she called me to block her account.
I am so mad at my mum because this is what I have educated her several times never to release her bank details like card number and pin to anyone on the phone. I don't know why she failed mugu.... maybe she is aged. I have been sleepless and very mad at mum
. I feel like flogging her if she is a kid....just too annoyed.
I always inform mum of every latest format yet she fall this Mugu. I personally handle her online transactions even though we don't live together just to make sure her account is safe.
Now, I told her to go to the bank tomorrow to meet the manager but I know nothing may come out of it. I am pained so much because the same lady banker processed her ATM card 2 months ago. Even asked her why she hasn't been using the card when mum went there two days ago.
As I said earlier, I handle her online transactions and there is a transaction limit of 500k per day for security reasons but this bankers scammers withdraw more than a million yesterday.
Please, is there any channel we can follow to recover her fund? I heard of crime fighters (police) on twitter or EFCC....I know it may take processes but we are ready to through it to make sure the culprit is apprehended and punished.
Mum is hypertensive....I am just scared of her health.
Suggestions please.....
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by chatinent: 6:31am On Nov 19, 2021
She wasn't scammed by a Firstbank staff. This is a clear case of another scammer being smart and using the subterfuge as a Firstbank staff, since they know you went there recently, to scam you.

Don't get me wrong, it may be a bank staff...but it is definitely not that person who attended to your mum in the bank.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Payperboii(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2021
Chai
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Davash222(m): 6:35am On Nov 19, 2021
chatinent:
She wasn't scammed by a Firstbank staff. This is a clear case of another scammer being smart and using the subterfuge as a Firstbank staff, since theeuy know you went there recently, to scam you.
There's 98% chance it was done by the bank staff

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 6:36am On Nov 19, 2021
chatinent:
She wasn't scammed by a Firstbank staff. This is a clear case of another scammer being smart and using the subterfuge as a Firstbank staff, since they know you went there recently, to scam you.

Don't get me wrong, it may be a bank staff...but it is definitely not that person who attended to your mum in the bank.
Thank you...we need suggestions for solution plz
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by MARKone(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2021
This is bad. I think before going to the bank, she should report to the police first. Just budget small money, if you can for the police, they'll be more committed to handle the case, and let her go with someone, what of your other siblings.
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Ezemarcel(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2021
You may be the one that scam your mum.....if you can think the bank staff scammed her then you are a suspect too.....

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2021
MARKone:
This is bad. I think before going to the bank, she should report to the police first. Just budget small money, if you can for the police, they'll be more committed to handle the case, and let her go with someone, what of your other siblings.

There's no sibling around...
But Nigerian police? Hmmm
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by chatinent: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

There's a 98% chance it was done by the bank staff

A very successful scammer tracks your records with your bank and pretends to be them because their chances of scamming you will be high if they can provide details you feel only you and your bank know.

Bankers do scam, of course...but not the one who knows you already know they processed your account. Those bankers who scam use account of holders in distant lands.

How do I know? I track. I hack.

Jetline:

Thank you...we need suggestions for a solution plz
If you use the police, you'll spend more and it will be futile.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Goalnaldo(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2021
Ezemarcel:
You may be the one that scam your mum.....if you can think the bank staff scammed her then you are a suspect too.....
it's not a must to comment on a thread. It is better to keep silent than be perceived as a not so wise somebody.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 6:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Ezemarcel:

Scam my mum how? I am too big to scam a poor widow pensioner who laboured alot to train us. Every details of the transactions was there before I told first bank to block it via email..
I guess you may think I am a kid but I am not. Thanks anyway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Boogyman557: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Holly Gram cool So sorry man. pray u get solution. WTF MAN
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Ezemarcel(m): 6:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Jetline:

Scam my mum how? I am too big to scam a poor widow pensioner who laboured alot to train us. Every details of the transactions was there before I told first bank to block it via email..
I guess you may think I am a kid but I am not. Thanks anyway
I have made my point...if you have the guts to suspect the bank staff then you are a suspect too
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 6:53am On Nov 19, 2021
chatinent:

A very successful scammer tracks your records with your bank and pretends to be them because their chances of scamming you will be high if they can provide details you feel only you and your bank know.

Bankers do scam, of course...but not the one who knows you already know they processed your account. Those bankers who scam use account of holders in distant lands.

How do I know? I track. I hack.

If you use the police, you'll spend more and it will be futile.

Yes, the scammer scattered the funda to Ajayi, Sanusi, Abdurahman, bought 30k MTN rechearge card, bought another 25k MTN rechearge etc as I saw on mobile apps bf FB deactivated the account based on request.
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by chatinent: 6:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Jetline:

Yes, the scammer scattered the funda to Ajayi, Sanusi, Abdurahman, bought 30k MTN rechearge card, bought another 25k MTN rechearge etc as I saw on mobile apps bf FB deactivated the account based on request.

I fit help you track am here...post am on Nairaland on real time.
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2021
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool So sorry man. pray u get solution. WTF MAN

That's why I am here. My points are:
Why would the lady ask her why she hasn't been using the card 2 days ago? She issued the same card to mum 2 months ago. And mum recognised her voice very well while she also mentioned her name to make mum feel relaxed.
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2021
chatinent:

I fit help you track am here...post am on Nairaland on real time.

Sorry, post what on real time?
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by AbarisFather(m): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

By a bank staff, and not "the bank staff"
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by lkillbrokehoes: 7:16am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

Possibly. majority of these bank staffs are thieves and most of them connive with scammers to scam customers of their hard earned money.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by lkillbrokehoes: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2021
Ezemarcel:
Common sense isn't common.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Ezemarcel(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
time will tell
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Valkrie: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2021
First bank plc is notorious for scam activities...if its the last bank on Earth then I do be keeping my money in a hole...!! I wonder why people still go there....!!
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Diamondniyi(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2021
These people no dey fear God
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:

Don't respond to the idiot...I guess he should be a scammer or a FB staff(scammer)

1 Like

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by adedehinbo(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2021
MARKone:
they should track the number that called her,you may get hold of the person except the scammer isn't the owner of the number
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2021
adedehinbo:
they should track the number that called her,you may get hold of the person except the scammer isn't the owner of the number

Nice suggestions. But private number? Can it be tracked?
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by dawnomike(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2021
Jetline:
Hello Nairalanders,
Please, I need suggestions and help to recover over 1 million naira illegally taken from mums account.
She went to a local First bank to 2 days ago to complain about a debit transaction in her dormant current account. A lady cashier that normally cash out money attended to her and she left.
Yesterday evening, the same lady called her with a private number and identified herself. Told her she attended to her the previous day and my mum recognised her voice. She told her all the details in her account and promised her to reconcile her two accounts. She lured mum to send her pin to 'first bank' - a number she provided to mum and mum complied. Various transfers were carried out instantly before she called me to block her account.
I am so mad at my mum because this is what I have educated her several times never to release her bank details like card number and pin to anyone on the phone. I don't know why she failed mugu.... maybe she is aged. I have been sleepless and very mad at mum
. I feel like flogging her if she is a kid....just too annoyed.
I always inform mum of every latest format yet she fall this Mugu. I personally handle her online transactions even though we don't live together just to make sure her account is safe.
Now, I told her to go to the bank tomorrow to meet the manager but I know nothing may come out of it. I am pained so much because the same lady banker processed her ATM card 2 months ago. Even asked her why she hasn't been using the card when mum went there two days ago.
As I said earlier, I handle her online transactions and there is a transaction limit of 500k per day for security reasons but this bankers scammers withdraw more than a million yesterday.
Please, is there any channel we can follow to recover her fund? I heard of crime fighters (police) on twitter or EFCC....I know it may take processes but we are ready to through it to make sure the culprit is apprehended and punished.
Mum is hypertensive....I am just scared of her health.
Suggestions please.....
petition EFCC ASAP
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by adedehinbo(m): 8:11am On Nov 19, 2021
Jetline:

Nice suggestions. But private number? Can it be tracked?
yes,very possible,but wait,did your picked up a private line and still go ahead to reveal her bank details?i am beginning to doubt your story but incase of the private number,it's only private on your mum's phone not to the network provider
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 8:20am On Nov 19, 2021
adedehinbo:
yes,very possible,but wait,did your picked up a private line and still go ahead to reveal her bank details?i am beginning to doubt your story but incase of the private number,it's only private on your mum's phone not to the network provider

My mum did ..not me. And I have warned her severally to never pick any private number.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 8:20am On Nov 19, 2021
dawnomike:
petition EFCC ASAP

Nice one...will follow it up.
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by adedehinbo(m): 8:27am On Nov 19, 2021
Jetline:

My mum did ..not me. And I have warned her severally to never pick any private number.
the private number can be unmasked
Re: My Mum Was Scammed By Bank First Bank Staff by Jetline: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=adedehinbo post=107759040]the private number can be unmasked[/quot

Ok cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Men Filmed Butchering A Live Shark (video & Pictures) / IBB University Lecturer Caught And Stripped Naked While Trying To Sleep With A S / Woman Kills Father With Poisoned Hamburger, Buries Him In Concrete (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.