Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) (27513 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Crawls Into Her Class After Arriving Late (Pix, Video) / ASUU Strike: Kaduna State University Asks Students, Lecturers To Resume May 9 / UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Anndrew(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
They no born any bastard lecturer to try this during my time in futo..2007....the god must b crazy
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by jaxxy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
This is an insult and example of student oppression in unethical universities.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by uuzba(m): 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Davash222:
All these analogue lecturers should be discarded.

No country will move forward with such low mentality lecturers
What of the low mentality students who are still children?
No full grown adult will ever allow themselves to be treated like this.
Polytechnic and University is for adults who will behave themselves.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Oga oh
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by KingMack(m): 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
daddytime:
Na English the commentator dey speak?

Block heads.

You no go understand grin if you school for Auchi and you no dey cap like that e be like you no follow cheesy
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by MightySparrow: 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
What's the big deal!

Those days real adults were found in tertiary institutions.

Many of the students nowadays did not even fill their UTME forms themselves.

The other day baby girl was misbehaving, I dealt a dirty slap.

She is forming big as a medical student at 17+!

Morals should be extended to higher institutions.

400 level Unilorin student that lifted his hands against a lecturer shows the kind of kids we have these days.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by mube35(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
It's not new na, I was in my final year when my colleagues and I were asked to kneel down by our Unit Operations lecturer because we came late to class.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
matrix199:

Must we have to copy everything about the western world?

Their science and technology, that we can copy. But our culture of discipline(using the rod, punitive measures) that they should copy!

I'm pretty sure the lecture had a good reason for taking such punitive measure.

We're African, this is our way of life!

You and the people who liked and shared this backward attitude you posted are sick. That lecturer deserves a dirty slap.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by AsawanaDgreat: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
As per primary or secondary school
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Cheapgadget(f): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
daddytime:
Na English the commentator dey speak?

Block heads.

This is Nigeria and not England, Mr English Man
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Goldbw122(m): 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
Na wa
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
How can these students face the real world confidently with this imprinted in their psych. Not everyone is fit to lecture in tertiary institutions. He should be sent to one village primary school to show his talent as the head teacher undecided
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by justmondris: 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
gypsey:
That is the kinda mor rons intelligent people like you have to share a country with. grin

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by SavageResponse(m): 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
amzee:
This can only happen in Africa and particularly Nigeria.

Never heared or seen such happen in the Western world

If they behave like kids then they should be treated like kids
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by daddytime(m): 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
KingMack:

You no go understand grin if you school for Auchi and you no dey cap like that e be like you no follow cheesy

I feel you and surrender..

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Sttk: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Why
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by hardon1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
I don't see anything wrong there...

Especially if the student is at great fault and temporarily kneeling down would save the situation

If you missed a text or come late when the test had been concluded and you beg the lecturer and he/she says you should kneel down for 30 minutes before he permits a rewrite... I wise student would bear the temporary shame and kneel down . a foolish one would rather prefer to fail than kneel down

You can challenge a lecture's discipline if you know you are 100% not guilty in any way...

What even made those students agreed to kneel down is important to their studies and they may be at fault... Else it won't happen
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by sulaak(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
matrix199:

Their science and technology, that we can copy. But our culture of discipline(using the rod, punitive measures) that they should copy!

How far has our culture taken us?

Seriously, I am all for maintaining African languages, poetry, music and food, but some African cultural values have to go if we intend to become a modern society and nation. Punishing adults like kindergarten children is a gross abuse of power and one of the reasons why we produce useless politicians that abuse their political office.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by sulaak(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

I daresay he did...but these are young adults, not kids, and if they come late and miss stuff...they would get the punishment when they fail exams because they missed a vital 30 minutes of lectures one day...

Kneeling them down is a bit retrogressive really. If I was in his shoes...maybe assign them some essay to write, or some extra assignments...that's punishment, plus they learn some stuff too!

God bless you,

Using the instrument of power to educate and not abuse the adult student, many of these young will come to believe that physically abusing their colleague or subordinate is acceptable.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by hardon1(m): 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
mube35:
It's not new na, I was in my final year when my colleagues and I were asked to kneel down by our Unit Operations lecturer because we came late to class.

That's wisdom. for the foolish ones, pride won't allow them, they will prefer to miss the class rather than few minutes shame.

I feel its same situation that played of here. Some lecturers don't permit late coming. That's their principle. To me, I'd a mild punishment as kneeling down would permit me into class, I would gladly do it
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
matrix199:

God overbless you for your golden words, bro.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by tarantino1: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
There know the people there dey try this rubbish with sha.

When engineering students almost troway one bastard lecturer from three storey building. Nobody tell the fool twice before e give them chance.

And some foolish cows with shit for brains go dey support this rubbish. Na why soldiers and police go continue to brutalise una and Una children for life.

After all, they have the authority as enforcers of the law.
Fools and animals for citizens
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by PaNnamdi: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
shawnfamous:
If it's not because of the fear failing the course, who would heed to this punishment? This is better them sha.
More so, some adults deserve this kind of a punishment, some Adults these days behave like children.
Shut up,the students are fools it's either their student union is sleeping or drunk or they don't know their rights

The lecturer can be sued for assault and nothing will happen also if a lecturer fails u,u have the right to demand for Ur script and request a panel.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by PaNnamdi: 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
mube35:
u nor wise bros grin

That lecturer know who he can try that rubbish for most kids in school this days don't even know their left from right
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by PaNnamdi: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
SavageResponse:

If they behave like kids then they should be treated like kids
Until you hear of the lecturer been beaten up by bad boys then you would understand.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by PaNnamdi: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
hardon1:
I don't see anything wrong there...

Especially if the student is at great fault and temporarily kneeling down would save the situation

If you missed a text or come late when the test had been concluded and you beg the lecturer and he/she says you should kneel down for 30 minutes before he permits a rewrite... I wise student would bear the temporary shame and kneel down . a foolish one would rather prefer to fail than kneel down

You can challenge a lecture's discipline if you know you are 100% not guilty in any way...

What even made those students agreed to kneel down is important to their studies and they may be at fault... Else it won't happen
U spoke rubbish,no lecturer have the right to melt coporal punishment on students

Well na the students I blame,if lecturer fail u then demand for your script if u truly failed.

Kids of nowadays
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Clinghton: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Na babies full school now, in my day the intimidating look of a student would cause a lecturer heart to pound.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by shawnfamous(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
PaNnamdi:

Shut up,the students are fools it's either their student union is sleeping or drunk or they don't know their rights

The lecturer can be sued for assault and nothing will happen also if a lecturer fails u,u have the right to demand for Ur script and request a panel.
u no need tell me to shut up na. If u really get sense, u for nor for follow Ur guy man tell shut up. Talk get code chairman.
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Elidrisy20: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
Even in secondary School nobody fit do that nonsense with me, why ? Because I be great escaper grin
Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Drunkard1: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
shawnfamous:
If it's not because of the fear failing the course, who would heed to this punishment? This is better them sha.
More so, some adults deserve this kind of a punishment, some Adults these days behave like children.
especially nepa people

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Ehisod(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
That way of life you keep trying to cling to is the reason you have to copy and depend on their technology in first place, capice.

matrix199:

Re: Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) by Unemadu: 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
matrix199:

This is low self esteem and the reason blacks were easily enslaved. No culture should allow this nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel / Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.