Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. (31471 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met / The Disconnect: Mode Of Disflowering Versus Incidence Of Pedophile Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by adeolaben(m): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.
I will make it very brief. Please I need your advice.
I've been a nairalander since 2016 but this is my first official post.

My father is a good, noble and humble man. A successful business man. He's very proud of us (his children), we're also proud of him. We're 3. I'm 29 years of age, the eldest and only son. He make sure we don't lack anything. We all went to one of the prestigious Private University in Nigeria. I and my immediate baby sis are graduate, while last born still in 300l.

The problem is that, my father don't know how to dress, he prefer to wear faded and worn out clothes. My dad drive highlander 2014 model. If my Dad comes down from his car, you will think he's a driver to an imaginary Boss because of the way he dressed.
Blessed memories of my beloved mom May her soul R.I.P. She was always complaining and sometimes my Dad won't listen to her.

I'm a good fashion designer, my love for fashion is topnotch. I also own a laundry store and a barbing store. I've been privileged to sew some clothes for comedian Buchi which he loves so much and he promised to patronize me again.

GOD in heaven knows how many lovely, mature and soft dress I've sew and bought for my father with my money. He only wears it once and won't wear it again, there are some he haven't put on at all. He celebrated his birthday August, I bought this nice shirt 18k for him as a gift. Till today he hasn't put it on.

Please note: money is not his problem. The other day he stopped by at my store, I and my boys were working. He noticed nobody was using one of my industrial machines. He asked and I said it was faulty. He said how much? I said 170k but I'll change it soon before January....(because I just wrapped my car from corolla to ES Lexus)....Before I could say Jack... Baba don send me 200k. I ordered the machine instantly.

See what happened this morning, He got an invitation to attend a meeting. The smartest way to dress for a highly regarded man like him is native wear.
So he gave me this faded black trouser turning white to brush for him, that he wanted to wear it for the meeting...See eh, It was so annoying. I went to his room gathered the nice, starched and ironed native I could gather and I told him to select one, that I won't brush that faded trouser. He started saying ... " I'm proving stubborn and all manner things"... I'm sure our tenants could hear our argument.

Please Nairalanders. What can I do to make my Dad dress well. I plan to set fire on those faded and worn out clothes but it will look so disrespectful. I'm sure his friends have accepted his mode of dressing.
My siblings and I are tired of complaining.

Please I need an advice!!!

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Skullano(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Wetin him wife no fit do e come be you?.

You go talk tire ooooh so better rest..
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by FireRain: 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
eyinjuege:
You people are too controlling.
Can you please allow a man live his life in peace for goodness sake.
Allow him be himself. He doesn't like new clothes or fashionable clothes, he no kill person

I am weak like this. sad

On top afẹ ayé. He doesn't want to even understand why the old man is like that. Just change him by force, man that has seen enough in life. He dressed like that to sponsor them through school and heaven doesn't fall.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by writeprof(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
padi94:
I have some advice below to help change your father

First advice organise people to beat him up on the road for his poor dress sense or. Pls disregard this advice make you no go kill am. Check out the other advice. grin

Second advice, arrange people to make jest of his clothes, just random People. Or their gossip should get to his ear about a grown man who is well to do dressing and behaving like a village man.

Third advise is get him a mirror and place it where he will see it anytime he is done dressing.

Fourth advice, get your sisters to talk to him, Fathers tend to listen to their daughter more. Especially the one he likes most.

Fifth advice is get his respected friends to talk to him or call him out on why he wears crazy clothes respectfully. He has peers or friends they will surely be able to get through to him.

[right][/right]Bonus advice: find out what his poison is, woman or alcohol... If na woman, arrange one babe for am make the girl dey dress am up. If na alcohol get his drinking buddies to advice him.

4th advice should be taken smiley
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Nekky5(f): 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Most dads at his age do not give priority to certain things like good fashion sense. He probably sees it like something left for the younger generation to enjoy. But all the same apply wisdom to it by gradually removing those old clothes of his one after the other while you replace them with new decent ones which would suit him .Meanwhile you and your siblings should stop complaining about his fashion style but focus on doing things that gives him joy.Pls enjoy his presence with you guys each day . Everyother thing would fall into place.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Imagynation: 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Get one fashion conscious and virtuous lady for your dad to marry.I mean the kind of woman that will be able to influence his fashion trend.If your dad can fall in love with that woman,the fashion issue will be over.But be careful sha o,not to get the pretentious one that will sweep your dad away from you all.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by bepositive11: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99, imagine if someone tried to change the way you dress, how would you feel?

Let him be. Let him wear what makes him comfortable and face the consequences

If someday he gets into trouble for the way he dresses, he may decide to change his style but probably not until then
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by isibor266: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
Allow the old man be. You can't teach an old dog a new trick. He became so just so you guys will amount to something in life, as it stands, those "worn out fabrics" are the the alternative forgone for your education and that of your siblings, so whenever you see him put on those clothes, just remember those are his badge of dignity, sacrifice, blood sweat and tears for the soft landing you and your siblings now enjoy. Providing and taking care of his family are his default setting.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Lionofthedesert: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
SIMPLE SOLUTION, TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE FADED CLOTHES HE LOVE TO WEAR, GET HIM BRAND NEW OF SUCH CLOTHES...SHIKENAN......IF U ARE TO SEW THEM, SEW THEM EXACTLY THE WAY HE LOVE THEM.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

My father is a good, noble and humble man. A successful business man. He's very proud of us (his children), we're also proud of him. We're 3. I'm 29 years of age, the eldest and only son. He make sure we don't lack anything. We all went to one of the prestigious Private University in Nigeria. I and my immediate baby sis are graduate, while last born still in 300l.

The problem is that, my father don't know how to dress, he prefer to wear faded and worn out clothes. My dad drive highlander 2014 model. If my Dad comes down from his car, you will think he's a driver to an imaginary Boss because of the way he dressed.
Blessed memories of my beloved mom May her soul R.I.P. She was always complaining and sometimes my Dad won't listen to her.

I'm a good fashion designer, my love for fashion is topnotch. I also own a laundry store and a barbing store. I've been privileged to sew some clothes for comedian Buchi which he loves so much and he promised to patronize me again.

GOD in heaven knows how many lovely, mature and soft dress I've sew and bought for my father with my money. He only wears it once and won't wear it again, there are some he haven't put on at all. He celebrated his birthday August, I bought this nice shirt 18k for him as a gift. Till today he hasn't put it on.

Please note: money is not his problem. The other day he stopped by at my store, I and my boys were working. He noticed nobody was using one of my industrial machines. He asked and I said it was faulty. He said how much? I said 170k but I'll change it soon before January....(because I just wrapped my car from corolla to ES Lexus)....Before I could say Jack... Baba don send me 200k. I ordered the machine instantly.

See what happened this morning, He got an invitation to attend a meeting. The smartest way to dress for a highly regarded man like him is native wear.
So he gave me this faded black trouser turning white to brush for him, that he wanted to wear it for the meeting...See eh, It was so annoying. I went to his room gathered the nice, starched and ironed native I could gather and I told him to select one, that I won't brush that faded trouser. He started saying ... " I'm proving stubborn and all manner things"... I'm sure our tenants could hear our argument.

Please Nairalanders. What can I do to make my Dad dress well. I plan to set fire on those faded and worn out clothes but it will look so disrespectful. I'm sure his friends have accepted his mode of dressing.

I guess he dress like that for a reason. My boss at work does the same thing . He has cars but doesn't drive to work . He would rather use Keke . He sometimes brings people to carry out task in our office and he would begged me to act as the boss while him as the messenger or just a referal. He's an igbo man , he normally call his people(igbo) to do casual work in our company (trying to help them) but he will never allow them to know that he's our boss. The reason is for his own safety . He cares so much about security than anything else. Apart from that it helps him to cut down unnecessary expenses. People won't line up in his house daily trying to get money .

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Zainabthegirl1(f): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
Leave papa oh…na so he don Dey dress before he born you oh
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Lionofthedesert:
SIMPLE SOLUTION, TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE FADED CLOTHES HE LOVE TO WEAR, GET HIM BRAND NEW OF SUCH CLOTHES...SHIKENAN......IF U ARE TO SEW THEM, SEW THEM EXACTLY THE WAY HE LOVE THEM.

I agree with this. If it is loose t- shirt and jeans your dad likes to wear, get him same if possible the same colour. And watch how he will wear them. Then gradually you ask him if you can do away with some of the old ones. Before you know all the old clothes will be gone and replaced with new ones.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by vikgreen01(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

Dear Op, just gather all his faded attires and burn it. I think with that he won’t have any reason to put on a faded cloth.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by GboyegaD(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hide all the old clothes but do that gradually. That will force him to stay wearing the newer ones. Once they start getting so fade, as usual, his them again. As for native, please don't force that on him. Instead, ensure he has enough of what he likes to wear.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by aribisala0(m): 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

Mode of dressing that he used to trap your mother?
Where were you then?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Ayomivic(m): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

Uhm! What an elderly person sees from their sitting position if a boy climb tree he won't see it.

You better enjoy your life and leave your father to enjoy his own the way that please him. He knows what he is doing
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Semaj77(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

Has his mode of dressing hindered his success in any way ? Why are you more bereaved than the person himself , please face your life and leave your dad
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by juniorstar(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

What a Old man can see while sitting a young man cant see while standing on a stool..leave the man alone..no let ppl kill am before him time...he is protecting his children if you know u know. Let him be.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Elidrisy20: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
You dey craze , you want your papa to dey dress like Charles boy abi like dino melaye
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by cayorday89(m): 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
padi94:
I have some advice below to help change your father

First advice organise people to beat him up on the road for his poor dress sense or. Pls disregard this advice make you no go kill am. Check out the other advice. grin

Second advice, arrange people to make jest of his clothes, just random People. Or their gossip should get to his ear about a grown man who is well to do dressing and behaving like a village man.

Third advise is get him a mirror and place it where he will see it anytime he is done dressing.

Fourth advice, get your sisters to talk to him, Fathers tend to listen to their daughter more. Especially the one he likes most.

Fifth advice is get his respected friends to talk to him or call him out on why he wears crazy clothes respectfully. He has peers or friends they will surely be able to get through to him.

[right][/right]Bonus advice: find out what his poison is, woman or alcohol... If na woman, arrange one babe for am make the girl dey dress am up. If na alcohol get his drinking buddies to advice him.
People to insult and gossip him, and you think the man will be moved, there is something about some people both old and new generation who make their money legitimately, and that thing is they have nothing to prove to anyone that they are rich.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Stylishdebby(f): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Simple dad grin
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Chyma231(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Your papa dey under instruction....which is #have money and look like a begger #

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Simeon88(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
I sincerely don't understand the attachment of old people with faded clothes. My Dad has same issues too. He joyfully store the new clothes for who I don't know. Na only God fit change them.
Pls op let's talk about that your faulty machine. Man need double the Hussle and I need a sewing machine badly now. Pls halla me on zero seven 035527 four zero nine.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Bigpapi: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

Show us his mode of dressing
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by caprini1: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

You said your mum was late,right? Most of those his old clothes brings back good memories of him and his late wife,just leave him alone!.....You wont understand.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by georgedaniel01(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Your father is too wise. A Mario Puzo fan will understand better.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Mariangeles(f): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
GrammarNazi1:

Even me sef, my wife bought two new singlets for me but I still wear the old ones.

cry

...because e soft abi? cheesy
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by 1x2x3: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

Leave him. Just love every bit of him the way he is.

Tip: On his birthday, you and your siblings should all wear worn out dresses then organise a small family birthday surprise for him. Life isn't that difficult bro, just relax.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by 1x2x3: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
caprini1:
You said your mum was late,right? Most of those his old clothes brings back good memories of him and his late wife,just leave him alone!.....You wont understand.

You didn't read when he said his mum tried changing him while she was alive?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Adebolamena(f): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
I understand your plight bro but you have to let him dress the way he is comfortable with...
Please bro,, can you give me that industrial machine that is faulty I ll repair it.. Please.. I am a fashion Designer that sews female clothes. I ll pay for logistics... Please help a sister �
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by OriginalSatine: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

You better use your tongue to count your teeth and leave the old man's clothes and way of dressing alone. It is not every thing they will explain to you. You're no longer a child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My 4 Generations And Still Counting / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / What Happens To The Engagement Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.