Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student (40917 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by bigfish3k: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2021
This is very bad
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
This lecturer might be a victim but alot of lecturers especially in government institution deserve this kind treatment

I have got no get well soon to give!

So violence is ok if you think that someone is 'mistreating' you?

Okay. You have just justified assault.

And after you people would be shouting how Nigeria is a zoo, when you are here justifying zoo behaviour!

6 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Godmademan(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Watch the Nollywood movie titled CITATION. Anything is possible in this matter. I pray that the innocent will not be punished unjustly. Let truth be unearthed and justice take its due course.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Praxtech: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Premeditated murder to boot
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by pegix(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Walz omo. Ita grin

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Sacchi1162(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Thank God for this one's life... Too many bad stories nowadays
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by ekanx27(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

See yourself?
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nonexisting: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2021
Leave talk. Sometimes these lecturers think they are god. There is this my lecturer that whenever I remember him now, I feel like going back to give him a dirty slap.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by TheRealOwner(m): 9:42am On Nov 20, 2021
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:
The lecturer is lying. I believe the guy's account of the story. I remember one time I went to see a lecturer about a quiz I missed because I was ill. You need to see the way this man demanded that I left his office like I was a stray dog or something.
Then he was busy flirting with the junior female students that visited him.
I stayed outside for a while and came back. This idiot barked like a dog, "what are you still doing here. Will you leave my office you unserious student." angry

So because of your bad experience, lecturer is lying?

Plus what the guy was asking her to do was to pass him for a subject he did no work for. Is that right?

Plus h was asked for proof of the illness that prevented him from doing SIWES and he did not present it after a month.

Yes lecturers, some o them, are bad. But this student get no case.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by drsugar: 9:43am On Nov 20, 2021
With a good lawyer and a claim of "insanity", the guy may go Scott free.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by manuelfolarin(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2021
It's either the guy is mentally unstable or the lecturer was lying

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Lemmy123(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

There's an online meme making rounds on social sincea few days now about 2 days being set aside for students and lecturers to fight, so I'm wondering, is it happening already?
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Lanretoye(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2021
From little i read,the lecturer wan winch the guy ni.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Osibajo2023: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2021
Youth of nowadays are terrible, no home training, na Yahoo yahoo occupy their mind right from jss3, one needs to be careful wen correcting them, this I av learnt

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by kasheemawo(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:
The lecturer is lying. I believe the guy's account of the story. I remember one time I went to see a lecturer about a quiz I missed because I was ill. You need to see the way this man demanded that I left his office like I was a stray dog or something.
Then he was busy flirting with the junior female students that visited him.
I stayed outside for a while and came back. This idiot barked like a dog, "what are you still doing here. Will you leave my office you unserious student."
One on one, I will beat that short man blue black.
They know how to treat students with contempt.
angry
one of the mad person roaming the street spotted

10 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by rezzy: 9:48am On Nov 20, 2021
I don't know who to believe but fear some women lecturers

When my sister was sick then in her finals. I told her to meet her course adviser and plead with her to let her go back home or go to any general hospital, where she can attempt the exams on her sick bed .
This woman told her she wont be allowed to write the exam in another hospital except school health center. Or better still let her go home and prepare for another year.
My sister became scared of an extra year, I begged her to come, she refused and went to health center. Alas, she died the day exam started.

School health center couldn't help her, no single oxygen available.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Positivepoint(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2021
fergie0o1:
Dr. Rahmat Zakariya, a lecturer at the Department of Microbiology, University of Ilorin, made national and international headlines this week when her story went viral after a student, Waliyullah Salaudeen, attacked her following alleged disagreement over SIWES programme. In this exclusive interview with Daily Trust, she narrated her side of the story which has been missing from the dominant narrative out there about the incident. She also clarified what she termed misconceptions about the whole issue. Excerpts:-

Previous thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat#107591745

Early sign of psychosis or schizophrenia. This has nothing to do with drugs the boy is going crazy in a violent way.

His parents need to help him even though there is no permanent cure, at least they can put him in a state that he can be managed easily.

His initial story of arrest is made up in his mind.

Everything is made up In his mind

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by PotatoSalad(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

So because of your bad experience, lecturer is lying?

Plus what the guy was asking her to do was to pass him for a subject he did no work for. Is that right?

Plus h was asked for proof of the illness that prevented him from doing SIWES and he did not present it after a month.

Yes lecturers, some o them, are bad. But this student get no case.
He went too far. True. We all process anger differently. Something must have pushed him so hard to do that. Back in nysc, there's a woman that signed our clearance forms and you'll have to beg before she even agrees to sign it. She saw herself like a god. One day, I was so infuriated that I shouted at her. Not insult o. Like cautioned her. The woman calmed down till we finished nysc. Asin it did her like film. She couldn't believe it. Las las we became friends sef.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Richy4(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2021
I wished that she spoke to the young man the way she was speaking to this reporter...
Everyone knows that an average Nigerian lecturer is a "god".. not that I'm justifing that boy's horrifying behaviour angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by PotatoSalad(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2021
kasheemawo:
one of the mad person roaming the street spotted
Leave sentiments and call a spade, a spade.
Mgbeke

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by ipobarethieves: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2021
sad dumb head student with carryovers .His fellow are here insulting their papa age mate.They won’t attend class sad,Nah to Dey bounce up/down like rickety molue.Useless boy,waste of space and money.5 yrs jail pls sad angry sad

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Annie001: 9:54am On Nov 20, 2021
It's obvious this woman or man cooked up the story.
From his/her explanation you ran for that long and no one came to your rescue
Tcheew

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by ictplotter(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2021
The student was totally wrong.
But Nigeria's uni lecturers are the most wicked n stupid people on earth. They are center point of national problem. They do their job, which they are pay for as if they doing the students favor or charitable act. Not knowing the students paid for the stupid, outdated and futuristic damage teaching service they render.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Juanmike(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2021
If I was passing by and saw the said guy beating you, i would join hands and make sure you were beaten to stupor, most lectures are the same, would never forget what I went through at the hands of 'em in Unizik.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by ephraimubong(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2021
I need help �
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Elsueno: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2021
undecided
Hmm...Her side is of the story is too clean

And why does she keep emphasizing she has helped students over & over again.. She seems practically an angel....... such kind people are respected even by the most evil cultists out there. In conclusion she is hiding something

6 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2021
Marvieduke:
Whose story are we to believe because their are two sides to a coin, but the guy messed up big time no matter what.
Whose story are you to believe?

YOU want to believe the story of a guy..

Who actually went to the office of his Lecturer to beat her up?

Is he the first student to become frustrated?

How MANY have beat up their lecturers?

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by dettolgel: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2021
I thought you people said Yoruba people don't disrespect their elders?

Imagine the boy beating his mama mate outside only heaven knows what he does to his mom at home. I wonder how many of them are doing that in SW. grin

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by tiffanyfan(f): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Jeso1:
That guy may have some issue

That might not the case....some female lecturers can frustrate your life. One has been trying to frustrate her generation for almost 2yrs now, the next I dey plan now is to go collect weenchhh to pluck her eyes out

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S / JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS / Oyeleye Lateefat Emerges Overall Best Medical Student In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.