Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student (40918 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Elsueno: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2021
Richy4:
I wished that she spoke to the young man the way she was speaking to this reporter...
Everyone knows that an average Nigerian lecturer is a "god".. not that I'm justifing that boy's horrifying behaviour angry

She is making her self too saintly....Even a mad person would not do what the student did just like that...she's hiding something

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by idanone(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:
It is obvious that the student was completely at fault

Also he told the lecturer that he was ill. And did not produce a medical report. Okay.

Finally the fact is he also had carryover..

Student was at fault. He should have just repeated the SIWES.
what if the medication he took was local herbs nko
All fingers are not equal

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by HernanCortes: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2021
He beat her very wellgrin

All the lecturers in that department contributed to that boy's frustration and he took it out on the most vulnerable/available amongst them. They are all bad people.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Overrated833(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2021
This woman is lying abeg

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2021
I tot his initial story was that he was arrested that was why he missed the siwes, now he is saying he was sick, was he sick and arrested at the same time
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by idanone(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2021
fergie0o1:
Dr. Rahmat Zakariya, a lecturer at the Department of Microbiology, University of Ilorin, made national and international headlines this week when her story went viral after a student, Waliyullah Salaudeen, attacked her following alleged disagreement over SIWES programme. In this exclusive interview with Daily Trust, she narrated her side of the story which has been missing from the dominant narrative out there about the incident. She also clarified what she termed misconceptions about the whole issue. Excerpts:-

Previous thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat#107591745
muric abi watin the dey call their name wont see this one since na muslim and muslim .... Wahala dey for the future of this country.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by adebwalex(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

So violence is ok if you think that someone is 'mistreating' you?

Okay. You have just justified assault.

And after you people would be shouting how Nigeria is a zoo, when you are here justifying zoo behaviour!
He is another mad dog like the useless physco boy..
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Richy4(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Elsueno:

She is making her self too saintly....Even a mad person would not do what the student did just like that...she's hiding something
Even mother Teresa cannot speak so calmly grin.. Acting like a saint indeed.. Answering like she practically rescued sinners from hell...We all know how they terrorise students with harsh words and actions..

I picked up one of the oldest tactics in history from her interview well known to our ancestors..U see how she was highlighting helping the students.. financially etc... U know how when someone call out racists in the act say on a public platform, work place etc, they will start counting how they were friends with all Blacks and coloured, how they help doing charity in Africa, helping animal to give birth, bla bla bla.. just to look good before the society and media..
That's what the woman is doing.. that style never grow old. grin

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by AfonjaConehead: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Aufbauh NIQOBITE grin:
Our children are struggling to find positive examples daily to model their lives.
All they hear and see are stories of conflicts, destruction,stolen monies, scandals and so on. And we are wondering why they are turning out so badly!
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by HernanCortes: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:
The lecturer is lying. I believe the guy's account of the story. I remember one time I went to see a lecturer about a quiz I missed because I was ill. You need to see the way this man demanded that I left his office like I was a stray dog or something.
Then he was busy flirting with the junior female students that visited him.
I stayed outside for a while and came back. This idiot barked like a dog, "what are you still doing here. Will you leave my office you unserious student."
One on one, I will beat that short man blue black.
They know how to treat students with contempt.
angry

Exactly my point. They love treating students with contempt

Nigeria's problem did not start from Aso Rock, every strata of our society is populated by wicked people in power.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2021
If this is true then one can assume the student has a medical condition
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by PotatoSalad(m): 10:13am On Nov 20, 2021
HernanCortes:

Exactly my point. They love treating students with contempt

Nigeria's problem did not start from Aso Rock, every strata of our society is populated by wicked people in power.
Baba everybody blames buhari for everything but we're all the same.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Guyman02: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2021
Aufbauh:
Our children are struggling to find positive examples daily to model their lives.
All they hear and see are stories of conflicts, destruction,stolen monies, scandals and so on. And we are wondering why they are turning out so badly!
And somebody son sex tape undecided
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Yankee101: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2021
Did you throw a mug at him madam?

What he did was inexcusable either ways

And enough of the overbearing and sometimes abusive tendencies of naija teachers and lecturers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Caseless: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2021

So, we had to start a new modality of grading the student because it is not possible that we will just be awarding them free marks. We now said after they submit their log book, they are going to do the presentation of everything they experienced during the programme. The funny thing is that we just adopted it this session. This was how our contact started in the first place.

If we talk now, they'd say they're "Better by far", my university has been doing this since 1960. You must do presentation after you return from SIWES. We don't play.

Greatest ABUsite...
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Caseless: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2021
Yankee101:
Did you throw a mug at him madam?

What he did was inexcusable either ways

And enough of the overbearing and sometimes abusive tendencies of naija teachers and lecturers
didn't you read the interview? Bad student.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by cocolacec(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2021
rezzy:
I don't know who to believe but fear some women lecturers

When my sister was sick then in her finals. I told her to meet her course adviser and plead with her to let her go back home or go to any general hospital, where she can attempt the exams on her sick bed .
This woman told her she wont be allowed to write the exam in another hospital except school health center. Or better still let her go home and prepare for another year.
My sister became scared of an extra year, I begged her to come, she refused and went to health center. Alas, she died the day exam started.

School health center couldn't help her, no single oxygen available.

sorry for your loss.That was a really sad story.Nigerian employers,staff and the citizens need to be more humane when dealing with others.

Carry over should be a thing of the past,Nigerian lectures must be made to conduct make up test two weeks/month after the main exam like their European counterparts.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Yankee101: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2021
Caseless:
didn't you read the interview? Bad student.

I did

And you think she'll say yes she did throw the mug at him and face disciplinary?

Of course not

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by FireRain: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

So because of your bad experience, lecturer is lying?

Plus what the guy was asking her to do was to pass him for a subject he did no work for. Is that right?

Plus h was asked for proof of the illness that prevented him from doing SIWES and he did not present it after a month.

Yes lecturers, some o them, are bad. But this student get no case.

God bless you for this. Nigerians will justify anything. How do we have a working society if majority of the citizens justify bad deeds.

I am just weak like this.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Mayhem1: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

So violence is ok if you think that someone is 'mistreating' you?

Okay. You have just justified assault.

And after you people would be shouting how Nigeria is a zoo, when you are here justifying zoo behaviour!
hmmmm make I no talk
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2021
idanone:
what if the medication he took was local herbs nko
All fingers are not equal

He should have gone to the university health center then.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Mayhem1:
hmmmm make I no talk

In my place of work I meet clients who may be very condescending and rude to me

My job is to help them not to attack them.

In a way the harsh lecturers are prepping you for the real world where there are even harsher people out there.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Semaj77(m): 10:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Baawaa:
The boy is frustrated, thank God for your life

He seems to be taking drugs
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2021
FireRain:

God bless you for this. Nigerians will justify anything. How do we have a working society if majority of the citizens justify bad deeds.

I am just weak like this.

The problem is many of them are projecting their bad experience with lecturers on the case.

They aren't justifying per se. Just being angry about how they were treated by some bad egg lecturers.

But even then assault is assault. If I assaulted everyone that mistreated me , I probably would be in jail by now. Sometimes as Lagbaja sang coolu coolu temper.

Thanks for the compliments. God bless

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Pharaohny: 10:33am On Nov 20, 2021
E for kill you self animal in woman's clothing
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Jman06(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2021
I'm almost certain that that guy's problem stems from drug abuse. He must have started smoking weed on entry into the university and the stuff messed up his head. Many bright students post sec school suffer similar fate.

The SIWES issue is something that could have been resolved if he had his mind intact. Very easy to resolve

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by ransomed: 10:33am On Nov 20, 2021
All the demigods and goddesses at our schools should take madam's experience as the last warning.
A lot of guys are consuming kwale weed and other narcotics at alarming rate nowadays . Irrational behaviours are bound to manifest after getting higher than carrying capacity.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by computersoft: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2021
rezzy:

When my sister was sick then in her finals. I told her to meet her course adviser and plead with her to let her go back home or go to any general hospital, where she can attempt the exams on her sick bed .
This woman told her she wont be allowed to write the exam in another hospital except school health center. Or better still let her go home and prepare for another year.
My sister became scared of an extra year, I begged her to come, she refused and went to health center. Alas, she died the day exam started.

Jesus!!!May her soul rest in peace...l feel ur pain man...l just feel like weeping riit now

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by TheWolfen(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2021
Same experience here. But this lectural was a single unmarried 50+ woman...
I would never forget the wicked idiot

Bola146:

Most female lectures I came across during my university time are just wicked!!!! One of those wicked female lectures made me to carry over a course in my 100 level upon my stress and reading, his woman can't give B for any students in her department, those people who did their project with them complained. But no matter how the situation, he would have calmed down or inform any of his lectures to guild him or plead with the woman.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:

He went too far. True. We all process anger differently. Something must have pushed him so hard to do that. Back in nysc, there's a woman that signed our clearance forms and you'll have to beg before she even agrees to sign it. She saw herself like a god. One day, I was so infuriated that I shouted at her. Not insult o. Like cautioned her. The woman calmed down till we finished nysc. Asin it did her like film. She couldn't believe it. Las las we became friends sef.

All the guy was told was that he would most likely repeat the year and do his SIWES then.

He is not the first student to be told to repeat a year ( I know several myself) . And he won't be the last.

That did not necessitate him barging into his lecturers office to asaualt her

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by donbrowser(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
That's why it's necessary to hear from both sides.

The guy was trying to play the victim card, but damn if what she's saying is true that niggarr is a psychopath and he needs to be kept away from people.

Female lecturers at my alma mater are mostly nice but strict as you'd have. damn one provided all the support I needed to graduate despite my non chalant attitude towards my university education. I know I owe her, God bless her plenty.

I said what I said

She said the guy admitted all her side of the story but she didn't admit to the guy's side of the story. She didn't admit she threw the mug.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by pocohantas(f): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2021
rezzy:

Sorry about the death of your sister, but I am afraid I am yet to see how the woman is to be blamed. You can’t be schooling in Lagos and be allowed to take exams without a staff monitoring you in Abuja or an unknown hospital in same state. You won’t propose such offer to WAEC, ICAN or even Law School. An extra year/semester would have saved your sister. Better still, blame the school authorities for not having a working healthcare center.

I also would never understand why sick students try to write exams in the hospital. It is doing too much if you ask me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyeleye Lateefat Emerges Overall Best Medical Student In Ukraine / JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS / Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.