Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student (40916 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Majesty33(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2021
Mark my words, women in power are very wicked, although many will blame the boy but humans can never respond to issues that affect their well being in the same manner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by FireRain: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

The problem is many of them are projecting their bad experience with lecturers on the case.

They aren't justifying per se. Just being angry about how they were treated by some bad egg lecturers.

But even then assault is assault. If I assaulted everyone that mistreated me , I probably would be in jail by now

We all passed through this system one way or the other, I am just angry at those comments that were justifying the despicable act and calling the woman a liar.
When I first saw the news then, I knew that boy isn't stable upstairs, his story was somehow but just waiting for more updates and like someone mentioned, parents have so much to do about their wards, not by "vomiting" babies like rats, the boy needs serious help so he can take care of his mental health.

If the police can do a proper investigation it would be better, let them find out the station he was wrongfully held during his absence but they love shoddy jobs or maybe they already knee he lied about it.

Anyway, may Nigeria not make us forget our humanity.

Happy weekend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by nick50(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2021
I don't know why Muslims lie alot..so this wicked woman wants to charge the poor boy for an attempted murder?

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by PotatoSalad(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

All the guy was told was that he would most likely repeat the year and do his SIWES then.

He is not the first student to be told to repeat a year ( I know several myself) . And he won't be the last.

That did not necessitate him barging into his lecturers office to asaualt her
The igbos say eburu ozu nwa onye ozo o di ka ebu nku...
Talk is cheap nwanne.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Farid24224(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2021
Na beat you chop which one is trying to kill me again....No dey add pepper na...Kini!!

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2021
nick50:
I don't know why Muslims lie alot..so this wicked woman wants to charge the poor boy for an attempted murder?

The boy is also a Muslim so..

Besides he barged into her office in a threatening way and threatened her and two other female students and beat her up.

Plus all the guy had to do was repeat his SIWES. The lecturer he was pestering could not help him the way.he wanted.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Originalsly: 10:54am On Nov 20, 2021
Hmmm..... seems like the guy was on hard drugs .... drugs that make him paranoid. Somebody is always after this kind person... following them..... threatening them ... and they in turn ready to attack. I believe this side of the story.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by CsRockefeller(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:

The igbos say eburu ozu nwa onye ozo o di ka ebu nku...
Talk is cheap nwanne.

Quote me anywhere, anyone who can't control his anger will suffer terribly for it.

If you have anger problems, always think twice before you act. I have been in many situations where people like you would have lost it.

Kill anger and rash acts before it kills you.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by joyandfaith: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2021
The boy need mental health evaluation and help. I am convinced he is not mentally ok. Essence of education is to build up not tearing down.
Unilorin should not add to number of criminals in our streets.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by khreus(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2021
There’s a lot to this case that meets the eye

You see this unilorin lecturers especially the female ones eh. They can be wicked and devoid of any empathy whatsoever, one nearly made me kill myself during final year exam earlier this year.

Storyline was; I’ve misplaced my ID card but did complained and I was given a temporary one. The morning to the exam I made sure I had all my necessary mode of identity intact, little did I know that the temporary ID has felled of. My colleagues were granted access to the exam hall while I stood at the entrance, shaking, weeping profusely and begging this woman to atleast correspond the attendance with her to my course form(we do have this file that has our picture,name & matric number on it where we normally signed attendance on)

“This will be your costly mistake” was all this devil-incarnate in HIJAB had to say.

Anyone familiar with unilorin environs will know it’s about 3km from campus to school gate. I live off campus so that’s another 4-5km to ganmo where I reside.

With God I made it outside school gate in about 20 something minute, met MUSA ( an aboki bikeman) at that same school gate who manages to know a shortcut myself wasn’t even aware of. On our way, speeding at about 70kmph on a dusty road, one tipper truck from nowhere lost control, almost crush us but miraculously, I don’t know how musa maneuver everything cause we found ourselves in a ditch. No time to check on any wounds, we dragged the bike back to the street and vroom we surge on.

Long story cut short, I made it back to school 20minute before submission time. The senior supervisor saw my plight, sympathetically told me I should take my time but for real, what time is he referring to. I wrote my name, answer some few questions I haven’t forgotten then submitted.

PS: I still made my intended 2:1 after everything and to date, I pray for MUSA whenever I had the chance. I see God in him.

Now, I’m not justifying anyone’s action whatsoever. The boy certainly did wrong and should be punished accordingly. The woman likewise should be investigated (the emotional stress she put that poor boy thru to unleash the monster in him)

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by gassbee: 11:04am On Nov 20, 2021
Dis guy was intent on murdering her
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Harddiskng(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2021
A nation that devours its youth.

Not supporting the guy but all she needed was a little empathy towards his situation. Her adding “kill” is overing playing for public sympathy, this lecturer herself is one manipulative and wicked persona.

What has she gained now that his life has been derailed because of her. Well thank God for Judgement day.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by tollyboy5(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

So violence is ok if you think that someone is 'mistreating' you?

Okay. You have just justified assault.

And after you people would be shouting how Nigeria is a zoo, when you are here justifying zoo behaviour!
Lecturers can provoke student and Nigeria been a zoo you can't report to no one so violence is an option
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 20, 2021
Harddiskng:
A national that devours its youth.

Not supporting the guy but all she need was a little empathy towards his situation.

Well there was nothing she could do.

She could not waive his SIWES.

Plus when asked why he missed his SIWES the guy said he was sick.okay bring medical report...he didn't.

He should have done his SIWES. Simple. It's just one year and that's that

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by just2endowed: 11:11am On Nov 20, 2021
Marvieduke:
Whose story are we to believe because their are two sides to a coin, but the guy messed up big time no matter what.

Most naija lecturers can be heartless.

I don't pity both of them.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Harddiskng(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

Plus when asked why he missed his SIWES the guy said he was sick.okay bring medical report...he didn't.

Were you there when this conversation ensue?

Because its very glaring that she unequivocally provoke the guy.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by gassbee: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2021
Elsueno:

She is making her self too saintly....Even a mad person would not do what the student did just like that...she's hiding something
which valid reason can a student have to murder his or her lecturer
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by FreedomArmy: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

So violence is ok if you think that someone is 'mistreating' you?

Okay. You have just justified assault.

And after you people would be shouting how Nigeria is a zoo, when you are here justifying zoo behaviour!
women should understand that some men are prone to anger. That lady lecturer threw a mug at the young man which led to her panel beating. Women should not think that every man will fail for their emotional blackmail.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by khreus(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

Plus when he was asked why he missed his SIWES the guy said he was sick.okay bring medical report...he didn't.

Hear both side of the story before arriving at your conclusions. I’m sure the school would have by now passed a memo around to cover any loopholes they know would be detriment to them

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2021
tollyboy5:

Lecturers can provoke student and Nigeria been a zoo you can't report to no one so violence is an option

Well at my place of work a woman once tried to provoke me...a client.

Maybe by your standards I should have shown her?

Also in university one professor used me for yabbis in one of my final oral exams. Said all the sayables.

Maybe I should have shown him ?

Guy was just being told to repeat a year . A year and do his SIWES and be done with it. And it is because of that that he should beat up his lecturer?

Or should his lecturer pass him for a course he did not do? Is that right?

Yes some lecturer are bad. But the guy has no case.he lost his temper over one extra year for SIWES!

And the annoying thing was that there was one of his fellow students in similar situation. He opted to repeat the year.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 20, 2021
khreus:

Hear both side of the story before arriving at your conclusions. I’m sure the school would have by now passed a memo around to cover any loopholes they know would be detriment to them

I have heard both sides. The guy even confirmed it was about her waiving his SIWES that he went into her office to pester her.

The guy was in the wrong. He should have just repeated the year and gotten out. Instead he lost temper and fell into their trap.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by jclassiq(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2021
Proflere:
When these lecturers frustrate you, you will forget your home training.

You forget your home training and start to lay hands on a lecturer? A woman for that matter.

WHAT THE FVCK IS REALLY THE PROBLEM WITH SOME OF YOU?

damn!!!!!

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2021
FreedomArmy:
women should understand that some men are prone to anger. That lady lecturer threw a mug at the young man which led to her panel beating. Women should not think that every man will fail for their emotional blackmail.

She allegedly threw a mug because he came into her office and banged on her desk and threatened her and the two students with her and put hands on her.

All for a year. A year.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by jclassiq(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2021
He is a menace to society.

You don't lay hands on anyone just like that.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 20, 2021
Harddiskng:

Were you there when this conversation ensue?

Because its very glaring that she unequivocally provoke the guy.

Were you?

Plus how does telling a student to fulfil his course requirements amount to provocation?

Plus there was no way she could have waived his SIWES if she wanted to.

Finally even if she threw mug at him she should have done what a patient of mine did in a similar situation. Left the place and headed to the police and lodged a report. And tha patient was a poor woman with zero connections.

Instead he attacked her and lost all sympathy at that point
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2021
tollyboy5:

So asking a student to do his SIWES properly is a provocation? Okay.

You guys want the student to graduate sans SIWES, then when he messes up in the job sector and someone close to you gets hurt what would you say?

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by pocohantas(f): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2021
jclassiq:
He is a menace to society.

You don't lay hands on anyone just like that.

Welcome to Nairaland.
“What did she say?”
“She was running her mouth”
“Lecturers are wicked”
“Female lecturers are most wicked”

How do you beat up a woman old enough to be your mother because she refused to waive SIWES for you? Isn’t that madness? Should it be waived? If you think you have a case, why not approach the Senate? Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by tollyboy5(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2021
backbencher:

I have heard both sides. The guy even confirmed it was about her waiving his SIWES that he went into her office to pester her.

The guy was in the wrong. He should have just repeated the year and gotten out. Instead he lost temper and fell into their trap.
Many student don't even do the siwes. In my ND I didnt do it and I scored A and my defense made me some lectures padi
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by tete7000(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2021
Marvieduke:
Whose story are we to believe because their are two sides to a coin, but the guy messed up big time no matter what.

Whichever story we are to believe, the school authority has done the right thing in expelling the student and handing him over to the police. Let him go and continue his wrestling skill with prisoners.
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by Bola146(f): 11:31am On Nov 20, 2021
vickydevoka:
. women in power are usually wicked. Buh for my school them no get choice to the nice. Them go carry gift scatter ur office, if that one no work Dem go visit you for you House with a letter of warning ( threat from cult guys).
Women way love their life, tomorrow if Dem come class Dem go begin preach gospel

Ha... grin grin grin
Re: UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student by tollyboy5(m): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

Welcome to Nairaland.
“What did she say?”
“She was running her mouth”
“Lecturers are wicked”
“Female lecturers are most wicked”

How do you beat up a woman old enough to be your mother because she refused to waive SIWES for you? Isn’t that madness? Should it be waived? If you think you have a case, why not approach the Senate? Nonsense.
The boy is wrong but lecturers and female lectures including deeper life are heartless.
Instead of friendly advice they'll make you angry and feel useless.

I'm still undergraduate and gave one of my lecturers strong warning in my dept in front of other student.

I later apologize as HOD told me but some lecturers are just plain ignorant.
They only know how to scream "you're not serious"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Deported To Nigeria When Daughter Was 8, Shows Up At Her Graduation In U.S / JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS / Oyeleye Lateefat Emerges Overall Best Medical Student In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.