Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? (1282 Views)

Please Help Report This Telegram Channel. They Scammed Me / How Do I Report A Relative To EFCC? / Pls How Can I Report This Stubborn Pastor PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PlanToSucceed: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6858082/what-did-yesterday-after-lost

So I opened the above thread yesterday narrating the hard times I went through during interview. Initially I didn't include any personal details like account number or phone number 'cos my intention wasn't to beg. Fortunately, the thread was moved to the front page and people started feeling like showing compassion to me. But of a sudden, I saw someone bringing a link from another site accusing me of being a scammer by copying the work from another site and pasting it on Nairaland to scam gullible people. See the link below:

https://niyitabiti.net/2021/11/what-i-did-yesterday-after-i-lost-my-last-n200-during-interview/

If you look at the site, you would realize it is fond of copying works for Nairaland to that site randomly. I don't have a problem with that but he should have credited the work to me as the original writer. This action however makes me appear like I defrauded people yesterday.

Please I need advice on how to report this site for stealing my work/plagiarism. The goal here is to clear myself from being a scammer as I didn't defraud anybody in anyway at all.
Who can help please?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PlanToSucceed: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2021
Cc: tollyboy5, bemagnify, classbooks, Taiwoolumide, ProphetMicheal and the rest.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by SportsHD: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2021
The guy is fond of stealing posts from nairaland. You can go to his website, contact him to take the post down. And for revenge, click on all the AdSense ads on his blog page, google go deactivate am. This is not the first time he would be called out for something like this.

Just Google search his name, you'll see his socials.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PlanToSucceed: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2021
Cc: ThatFairGuy, Yampotatocarrot, politeactivist, MALIGNANTGuest, Chicagoesontop
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by tollyboy5(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2021
alot of bloggers are in the business of copying without refrence . to even backdate the time posted , i dont know how.
we'll await more evidence from the blog before publicizing it as fraudulent blog.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 20, 2021
tollyboy5:
alot of bloggers are in the business of copying without refrence . to even backdate the time posted , i dont know how.
we'll await more evidence from the blog before publicizing it as fraudulent blog.
People need to start suing them then.

By the time some of them start going to jail, their head go correct
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PROPHETmichael: 11:40am On Nov 20, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

So I opened the above thread yesterday narrating the hard times I went through during interview. Initially I didn't include any personal details like account number or phone number 'cos my intention wasn't to beg. Fortunately, the thread was moved to the front page and people started feeling like showing compassion to me. But of a sudden, I saw someone bringing a link from another site accusing me of being a scammer by copying the work from another site and pasting it on Nairaland to scam gullible people. See the link below:

https://niyitabiti.net/2021/11/what-i-did-yesterday-after-i-lost-my-last-n200-during-interview/

If you look at the site, you would realize it is fond of copying works for Nairaland to that site randomly. I don't have a problem with that but he should have credited the work to me as the original writer. This action however makes me appear like I defrauded people yesterday.

Please I need advice on how to report this site for stealing my work/plagiarism. The goal here is to clear myself from being a scammer as I didn't defraud anybody in anyway at all.
Who can help please?

You are still not getting it...All I did was to google one line of your sentence and google search came up with the result which shows it was posted on that site "1 day ago" while on nairaland, it was posted "51 minutes ago"

So based on that result, who is copying from who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by MMempire(m): 11:58am On Nov 20, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

You are still not getting it...All I did was to google one line of your sentence and google search came up with the result which shows it was posted on that site "1 day ago" while on nairaland, it was posted "51 minutes ago"

I believe the real reason his post appeared as 51 minutes ago is because Nairaland moderators like removing post they feel are worthless, only to discover the same post has lots of view. They will now bring it back and then move to front page. That's my unbiased opinion.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by freshkpomo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
Passionate1:

Na wa o. . That is why I no dey like help people.
I was about to gift him some money. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PlanToSucceed: 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

Don't worry yourself. I'm reporting the site so we will know who owns the work.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PoliteActivist: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
PlanToSucceed:
Cc: tollyboy5, bemagnify, classbooks, Taiwoolumide, ProphetMicheal, freshkpomo, DubaiLandLord1, SportsHD

You still haven't addressed main question:

What happened to the help and monies you were given in your July 20 thread? What happened with SonofGod231, kroger ??

https://www.nairaland.com/6660364/im-confused-lost-point-whats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by tollyboy5(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
PoliteActivist:

What happened to the help and monies you were given in your July 20 thread?? What happened with SonofGod231, kroger ??

Hmm.. Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by SportsHD: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
PoliteActivist:

What happened to the help and monies you were given in your July 20 thread? What happened with SonofGod231, kroger ??

I don't know but on the thread, it didn't show that he was given any money. And, We are talking about plagiarism here.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PROPHETmichael: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
MMempire:

I believe the real reason his post appeared as 51 minutes ago is because Nairaland moderators like removing post they feel are worthless, only to discover the same post has lots of view. They will now bring it back and then move to front page. That's my unbiased opinion.

It was first posted on nairaland on November 19 @ 4:57pm. Based on the story, it happened "yesterday" which means this event took place on the 18th of November.

Now, i came across this story when it was moved to the front page of nairaland yesterday the 19th of November and I decided to search for it in order to verify its authenticity and, lo, and behold, Google result shows two results; one from nairaland and the other from another website.

The result shows this story was published "1 day ago" on the other website while on nairaland, it was published "51minutes ago".

It therefore means, it was publushed on the 18th of November on the other website and the said event took place on the 17th of November if we go by the headline "Re: What I Did YESTERDAY After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by SportsHD: 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

It was first posted on nairaland on November 19 @ 4:57pm. Based on the story, it happened "yesterday" which means this event took place on the 18th of November.

Now, i came across this story when it was moved to the front page of nairaland yesterday the 19th of November and I decided to search for it in order to verify its authenticity and, lo, and behold, Google result shows two results; one from nairaland and the other from another website.

The result shows this story was published "1 day ago" on the other website while on nairaland, it was published "51minutes ago".

It therefore means, it was publushed on the 18th of November on the other website and the said event took place on the 17th of November if we go by the headline "Re: What I Did YESTERDAY After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview.

Hold your horses sire.

Posts can be backdated on WordPress. And, this is not the first time the niyitabiti guy would be called out for plagiarism.
https://www.nairaland.com/6815643/plagiarism-nairaland

He posted it, then the niyitabiti guy posted it on his blog and then, backdated it.

The op wouldn't come here to accuse someone of stealing his post if he has written it somewhere else undecided.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PoliteActivist: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
SportsHD:

I don't know but on the thread, it didn't show that he was given any money. And, We are talking about plagiarism here.

We are also talking about Nairaland being full of scammers and corporate beggars (see my question to him on that his last thread). Four months ago he addressed us as being broke and unemployed and was offered all sorts of help. Four months later he's addressing us as being even more broke and more unemployed (sic), without any update whatsoever as to what hapoened!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by ivolt: 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Since you are not the blog owner, I see no reason for derailing this thread with irrelevant accusations.
You should publish a new thread with evidence if you suspect the OP of fraud.

There are so many tricks for backdating blog posts and the published date is whatever the author wants it to be.

@OP, first contact the blog author to take down the post or give credit to the original source.
If he doesn't, let him know you will be reporting to Google.
That should do the trick.

BTW, levelling accusation and asking a person to prove their innocence is archaic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PoliteActivist: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
ivolt:

Since you are not the blog owner, I see no reason for derailing this thread with irrelevant accusations.
You should publish a new thread with evidence if you suspect the OP of fraud.

There are so many tricks for backdating blog posts and the published date is whatever the author wants it to be.

@OP, first contact the blog author to take down the post or give credit to the original source.
If he doesn't, let him know you will be reporting to Google.
That should do the trick.

BTW, levelling accusation and asking a person to prove their innocence is archaic.

I asked the question on his previous thread and HE TAGGED ME on this thread. Maybe you missed this my post:

We are also talking about Nairaland being full of scammers and corporate beggars (see my question to him on that his last thread). Four months ago he addressed us as being broke and unemployed and was offered all sorts of help. Four months later he's addressing us as being even more broke and more unemployed (sic), without any update whatsoever as to what hapoened!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by SportsHD: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
PoliteActivist:

without any update whatsoever as to what hapoened![/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rOer3k2DWg
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by Boogyman557: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by SonofGod231: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Abeg,we only chatted on my secluded WhatsApp number after which I gave him a date and promised to get him something doing by then.Since we were not in same state I had initially promised to send him tfare and money he was to travel with so he can meet me in ph for the job but he couldn't wait til then and was disturbing me for small small change.I was interested in meeting and knowing him personally but he was more Interested in me sending alms and pennies.I liked the fact that he was genuinely asking for assistance but in this country everyone is going through something at the moment.As at then me myself,I also had rent and business issues that needed money to tackle.
Please,I don't know that person personally til this moment.I only sent him 5K or so for the records, can't really remember which is which because I sent someone to send 5k and 6k to two of Dem here on that faithful day but all I got was strange numbers and females bombarding my very private WhatsApp with different messages of fake business proposals and those nonsense get 1g with #500 from us data alerts.
I just SMH and Blocked the idiots.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PoliteActivist: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
SonofGod231:

Abeg,we only chatted on my secluded WhatsApp number after which I gave him a date and promised to get him something doing by then.Since we were not in same state I had initially promised to send him tfare and money he was to travel with so he can meet me in ph for the job but
he couldn't wait til then and was disturbing me for small small change.I was interested in meeting and knowing him personally but he was more Interested in me sending alms and pennies.
I liked the fact that he was genuinely asking for assistance but in this country everyone is going through something at the moment.As at then me myself,I also had rent and business issues that needed money to tackle.
Please,I don't know that person personally til this moment.I only sent him 5K or so can't really remember because I sent someone to send 5k and 6k to two of Dem here on that faithful day but
all I got was strange numbers and females bombarding my very private WhatsApp with different messages of fake business proposals and those nonsense get 1g with #500 from us data alerts.

Thanks for the very insightful update sir
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by kingthreat(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2021
SportsHD:
The guy is fond of stealing posts from nairaland. You can go to his website, contact him to take the post down. And for revenge, click on all the AdSense ads on his blog page, google go deactivate am. This is not the first time he would be called out for something like this.

Just Google search his name, you'll see his socials.

For you to devise such wicked ways to destroy someone's source of livelihood shows how inhuman you are.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by DoctorDree(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2021
I don’t know why some people will decide to take what isn’t theirs
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PlanToSucceed: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Thank God I stopped responding to you. Go ahead with all the investigation you so wish.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PoliteActivist: 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

Thank God I stopped responding to you. Go ahead with all the investigation you so wish.

Oh, you missed it. One of the guys has given the much needed update, which gave real insight into what's going on. Here's relevant part of his post:

"... I had initially promised to send him tfare and money he was to travel with so he can meet me in ph for the job but
he couldn't wait til then and was disturbing me for small small change.I was interested in meeting and knowing him personally but he was more Interested in me sending alms and pennies.
...Please,I don't know that person personally til this moment.I only sent him 5K or so can't really remember...
all I got was strange numbers and females bombarding my very private WhatsApp with different messages of fake business proposals and those nonsense get 1g with #500 from us data alerts.
"
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by Mleeperbother: 12:52am On Nov 23, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

No weight to your claims at all.
I have seen posts from 2007 on reddit shown as published few weeks before my search.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by SportsHD: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2021
kingthreat:

For you to devise such wicked ways to destroy someone's source of livelihood shows how inhuman you are.
I swear bro. It's crazy.
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by OssyMalik: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

Who can help please?
Igbere TV also stole your post. It is on their Facebook page too
Re: How Do I Report This Site For Copying My Work Without Credit? by PlanToSucceed: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2021
OssyMalik:
Igbere TV also stole your post. It is on their Facebook page too

Really?

(1) (Reply)

This Menace Called Prank Is Getting Out Of Hand / I Am So Frustrated, Depressed And About To Quit / Okija Boils Again As Police Storm Totoritor's Compound,rescue Abductees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.