Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? (1768 Views)

Ochuko Uzere: Missing Person, Lost At Sea In Patani River And Its Environs / Will She Be A Good Wife? I'm Confused, Help Me. / Please I Need Serious Advise As I Am So Confused And Stressed Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by PlanToSucceed: 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Greetings to you all. I trust you are enjoying your holiday.

I don't want to go into lengthy post because I don't even have the energy to expend on that neither do I want to take much of your time.

However, let me summarize myself into 6 characteristics as of today.

1. I am a graduate (by certificate)

2. I am jobless - not by choice but because I have not been able to get one despite aggressive combing (this leads to no. 3)

3. I am broke - like completely broke in monetary value but not in valuable ideas that can be converted into money (leading to number 4)

4) I am confused and feel frustrated (leading to no. 5)

5) I am depressed (leading to no. 6)

6) I need advice (thus the creation of this thread)

In addition to the above, I want to say how I went through school is a story for another day but looking at all the efforts put in to graduate and coming out to stay jobless, where is the justification to that?

Question.
Who else has been in this situation before? How did you manage to scale through? I mean when you didn't have a job, no capital (not even 20-100k) anywhere at all to start something, worst still no family member or anyone else financially buoyant to help you? Rather, everyday reality is that you must survive by eating. Aside eating, countless other bills to sort out. How were you able to submerge all these and come out a conqueror?

Right now, I'm really pained, morally and physically down leading to depression.

Summing all these together, they are only succeeding in creating room for some sinister thoughts within me.

Finally, I need pragmatic steps to follow and get out of the mess I am now before the sinister thoughts prevails.

As I have no capital at the moment, what additional valuable steps should I take to guarantee me getting a job and subsequently raising capital to pursue my dreams?

A hungry man is truly an angry man and that's who I am right now.

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by PlanToSucceed: 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala I will appreciate if this gets to frontpage. Thanks.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by maiiilooo(m): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
To be sincere u and i are in same shoe, im also a graduate with no job. I also have a hand work but still no work is coming for now cause its the only thing helping me sometimes to hold belle ..so i will advice u too,just learn a hand work for now and be hoping for the best

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by SonofGod231: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
Where do you reside?
Do you have any business in mind and how much will it take to kick start it?
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by InsideLove(f): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
May God help us
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by inforesource: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Let me use this medium to advise all our youths who are in the same dilemma.

First of all I know Nigeria is a very difficult country to live by statistics, thus, you MUST have to intentionally develop a very rugged, thick skin for living through it.

However, our youths must rise above this by being intentional about success. You must embrace discipline that generate results, you must identify the sacrifices you need to actualize your goals, you must erase or put at the bottom of your list "White collar job" haunting and embrace acquisition of skills aligned to your destiny makeup. Do not learn a skill base on sentiments, rather base it on your innate ability(ies).

You must know what you want to achieve (FOCUS). Give yourself realistic goals with time base. Spend time to search through your abilities and ask God to help you to locate one within you. This requires a lot of quiet time and paying of attention to your abilities.

Also, do not stop trying out different business options. If it requires learning from someone, go ahead and serve in that industry and not necessarily making money your focus. I remember in 2003/2004, I contemplated suicide. That year I picked a strong fight with God with I knew I was totally helpless. Crossover night of 2004, I asked God to kill me and if HE refuses, it means HE must do something to change my situation. I was damn serious about it. In fact, in my heart I have already killed myself if not my scripture awareness.

That was how I started my journey, but it was not funny. Learn to be intimate with God if you are frustrated. I know the world will say, abeg carry your God thing go! But my dear, watch most of these guys talking like this, they are either facing serious internal battle of one sort or the other.

Lastly GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST JESUS. I know we have turned this saying to religious saying. So unfortunate. I can assure you, this phrase is not a religious phrase. May God open your heart.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by Loyalty100: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
SonofGod231:
Where do you reside?
I'm in the same shoes sir I live in a developing area in Lagos and I see lots of people take bike to a distant place just to play betnaija, I wish to establish the shop here but no capital, I will make it big within a short time if I venture into this I will appreciate if you can be of help sir and even agree to make a weekly enumeration
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by PlanToSucceed: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
SonofGod231:
Where do you reside?

Good evening. Please can we talk via DM? I wouldn't want to expose the business idea openly. Reply my DM please. Thanks.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by ststyreal(f): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
inforesource:

First of all I know Nigeria is a very difficult country to live by statistics, thus, you MUST have to intentionally develop a very rugged, thick skin for living through it.

However, our youths must rise above this by being intentional about success. You must embrace discipline that generate results, you must identify the sacrifices you need to actualize your goals, you must erase or put at the bottom of your list "White collar job" haunting and embrace acquisition of skills aligned to your destiny makeup. Do not learn a skill base on sentiments, rather base it on your innate ability(ies).

You must know what you want to achieve (FOCUS). Give yourself realistic goals with time base. Spend time to search through your abilities and ask God to help you to locate one within you. This requires a lot of quiet time and paying of attention to your abilities.

Also, do not stop trying out different business options. If it requires learning from someone, go ahead and serve in that industry and not necessarily making money your focus. I remember in 2003/2004, I contemplated suicide. That year I picked a strong fight with God with I knew I was totally helpless. Crossover night of 2004, I asked God to kill me and if HE refuses, it means HE must do something to change my situation. I was damn serious about it. In fact, in my heart I have already killed myself if not my scripture awareness.

That was how I started my journey, but it was not funny. Learn to be intimate with God if you are frustrated. I know the world will say, abeg carry your God thing go! But my dear, watch most of these guys talking like this, they are either facing serious internal battle of one sort or the other.

Lastly GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST JESUS. I know we have turned this saying to religious saying. So unfortunate. I can assure you, this phrase is not a religious phrase. May God open your heart.
You are yet to give the guy a reason to have a fight with God or give his or her life to Christ as you preached. Tell him what happened to you after cross over night 2004 when you picked a fight with God, then, you would have given him or her a convincing reason to enter into a relationship with God as you adviced....

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by LikeAking: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
You go make am big.

What you are passing through in life is just a preparation for a better future.

obstacle = miracles

Before the mine gold, crude, etc. They must terrorize the land. You get? THEY must scatter the land.

After this stage your life will change.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by LikeAking: 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
inforesource:

abeg carry your God thing go!
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by SonofGod231: 1:50am On Jul 21, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

Good evening. Please can we talk via DM? I wouldn't want to expose the business idea openly. Reply my DM please. Thanks.
Sorry,can you resend?
I'm still new to those features here.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by SonofGod231: 1:53am On Jul 21, 2021
Loyalty100:
I'm in the same shoes sir I live in a developing area in Lagos and I see lots of people take bike to a distant place just to play betnaija, I wish to establish the shop here but no capital, I will make it big within a short time if I venture into this I will appreciate if you can be of help sir and even agree to make a weekly enumeration
Sorry,I can only empower one person not two and there was a connection between me and the OP and not you.Thank you for understanding.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by inforesource: 4:28am On Jul 21, 2021
ststyreal:

You are yet to give the guy a reason to have a fight with God or give his or her life to Christ as you preached. Tell him what happened to you after cross over night 2004 when you picked a fight with God, then, you would have given him or her a convincing reason to enter into a relationship with God as you adviced....
His own may differ from mine. I am just sharing with you my low point in life and how I overcame it.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by ahnie: 5:07am On Jul 21, 2021
Here to read comments.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by PlanToSucceed: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
SonofGod231:

Sorry,I can only empower one person not two and there was a connection between me and the OP and not you.Thank you for understanding.

Hello, I have sent you mail since. Please do kindly check.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by Karleb(m): 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
Maybe you should look into content writing. As a reader, I can say you write well.

For the mean time, look for a teaching or similar job to keep body and soul together.

Keep seeking for help.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by Loyalty100: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2021
SonofGod231:

okay boss
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by bigpicture001: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2021
@OP, jus read very carefully...this might be a very big chance u got to work this through......

First, get ur self a goal...like I want to be earning 25k for now in the next one year...I want to have 120k in my account........This is how you get that...

Being a graduate first means ur literate,that means you can command respect,now use that command and ego and go to different private school and govt school around you and ask the management you want to teach a subject that relates your course.....I am very sure one will call you in a 25k salary....please nomata how beautiful girls are...leave women alone..except they will add to your growth..while you teach.be good and get into the head of the students.especially the Ss3. Start private tutor for weekends for those whose parents can afford it...plz be ready for fight to death just to survive...it will be stressful, but don't blink...

Now when you have gotten that much like 30k saved..hlgo Lear data analysis and delve into project writing .go.marjeting around varsity towns...once u begin to get clients..resign from the school and focus on the project writing like your life depends on it...after about 18months...you will have over 600k..

When you are at that point..holla me again..I will lead you through the more....all these will not work out if you talk a girl...don't fall in love.just work work work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by flokii: 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
You need to get something doing to kill boredom and depression.. don't base your hopes on white collar jobs alone. You can learn skills like shoe making, electrical fittings, roofing etc. or if you can join private security companies to get some savings. You might be lucky to meet people along the line of the small jobs that will help you to higher level jobs.

Gone are those days when graduates get cars and apartments once they get employed. Now M.Sc and PhD sef dey struggle for jobs. Don't lose hope sha.
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by kroger: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
PlanToSucceed:
Greetings to you all. I trust you are enjoying your holiday.

I don't want to go into lengthy post because I don't even have the energy to expend on that neither do I want to take much of your time.

However, let me summarize myself into 6 characteristics as of today.

1. I am a graduate (by certificate)

2. I am jobless - not by choice but because I have not been able to get one despite aggressive combing (this leads to no. 3)

3. I am broke - like completely broke in monetary value but not in valuable ideas that can be converted into money (leading to number 4)

4) I am confused and feel frustrated (leading to no. 5)

In addition to the above, I want to say how I went through school is a story for another day but looking at all the efforts put in to graduate and coming out to stay jobless, where is the justification to that?

Question.
Who else has been in this situation before? How did you manage to scale through? I mean when you didn't have a job, no capital (not even 20-100k) anywhere at all to start something, worst still no family member or anyone else financially buoyant to help you? Rather, everyday reality is that you must survive by eating. Aside eating, countless other bills to sort out. How were you able to submerge all these and come out a conqueror?

Right now, I'm really pained, morally and physically down leading to depression.

Summing all these together, they are only succeeding in creating room for some sinister thoughts within me.

Finally, I need pragmatic steps to follow and get out of the mess I am now before the sinister thoughts prevails.

As I have no capital at the moment, what additional valuable steps should I take to guarantee me getting a job and subsequently raising capital to pursue my dreams?

A hungry man is truly an angry man and that's who I am right now.

Thank you for your time.

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
PlanToSucceed:

Question.

As I have no capital at the moment, what additional valuable steps should I take to guarantee me getting a job and subsequently raising capital to pursue my dreams? .
■ you have no capital so consider looking for a job, a source of income to help you begin on your path in obtaining income - bricklayer, errands boy, sales boy, anything that will help you resolve the issue of income and allow you begin to save up for next steps.

■ Many don't know this but depression is in the brain and exercise is a good way to help shift the brain chemical balance in your favor. Take to exercising several times a week or anytime you feel down. Exercise could be running, walking or even doing chores/house work when you feel frustrated by those ruminations

■ Look into planting a vegetable garden around your home. Most Nigerian homes have space enough in the compounds for planting of vegetables and fruits that can help reduce feeding expenditure by a good amount. Even planting potatoes in containers is a big deal.

■ Put together a plan for your future. Start with ideas that are feasible and work towards them without deviating.

Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by maureensylvia(f): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Chai
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2021
I know how difficult it is but always saying there are no jobs at all baffles me because almost every term, schools put out vacancy for teaching jobs but because many have conditioned their minds to the kind of jobs they want and see teaching as a poor profession, they prefer waiting endlessly for that big job which most times doesn't come the way they expect.

I know everyone wants that big. Multinational job. That mentality of "other graduates are getting it, why shouldn't I get it" is there, forgetting that we all must not pass through the same road to success. Start small with any little thing your hands find doing at least to keep body and soul together pending when that big offer comes because it will surely come. Trust me.

Now,let me give you a bit of my experience. Ive said this severally here and it is encourage everyone passing through tough times.

Early 2000s, I was working in a big investment company and had everything going well. I had lots of shares. Long story short, during the global meltdown, I lost all my shares and the good job.
For years, nothing and I kept waiting for that kinda job again. When it dawned on me that it wasn't going to come soon, I switched and started looking for anything to do just to survive. I got bills to pay.

I told myself, teaching jobs are always available, why punish myself? So I delved into teaching. This was in 2014.
Though it was rough and not so pleasant... Imagine a standard
school that was charging 90k for preschoolers paying its teachers 18k but I had to take it because I was at this juncture you find yourself.

That was the turning point for me.

Few months into the job, the school sent us on a lot of courses and paid for it.
During the Ebola pandemic, with all these rich men coming back with wards from different countries, I took to my heels. Though it was due to some issues with management of the school refusing to provide enough protective materials to handle the pupils since I teach them how to write and holding them with bare hands was a big risk then. Ebola! I ran!

With the teaching experience I gathered, I started home lessons with my school parents who liked the way I handled their wards. So i charged 25k per child and they paid then. I got other pupils through my parents. I made money. I went for a course on phonics and phobetics/diction. I dropped the home lessons and went into part-time teaching. I made up my mind I wasn't going to answer Sir and Ma again after this and God honored my words.

I prapared a proposal letter ( as per old time Seke nau. haha) and used it to sought for schools with prayers and God, I got From one to two to several schools. Today by the grace of God, I have extra hands working for me and I pay them. It may seem dragging and slow at first but I thank God I took up that teaching job then because if I had continued waiting for a secretarial job, who knows what would have become of me? Maybe still be answering Sir/Ma and doing a 7 to 5 job till now. But now, I can decide not to go to school for a whole week and assign a member of my team and they'll cover it neatly and my schools will still pay me.

As I am I can still gather 30 more schools if I get faithful workers. Nothing stopping me. So, I don't like when people say nothing anywhere to do. They just don't want to start small. That's all I see.

For your info, I've done a per day job of 750, preparing breakfast for an old judge. Just to survive. All these I did to prevent me from following men and living a wayward life. I was brought up to be recillient in tough times and to be able to struggle and fend for myself.

Abeg!
Re: I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? by ecomalchemist(m): 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Man must survive, it's a cold world out there.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.

Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.

You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.

As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.

More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.

Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning 100k salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

You will make a lot of money.

Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.

You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

Thank me later when you hit your first M.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Can The Tiv And Igede Tribes Marry Each Other? / The Ring And Marriage / Her Hubby Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.