Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried (22679 Views)

COVID-19: I Am Worried, I See Danger Ahead- Boss Mustapha / I Am Worried About My Fasting Blood Sugar Result / 10 Global Health Challenges To Watch Out For In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Kelechi009: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
na2016:

Test that is done free at most workplaces, both PCR and LF?

Yeah someone said it is free for non travellers. So i think my bro would have got it for free if he was not traveling.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Temidayo9(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pregift:
My husband has been sick for a month now. The problem started when he lost almost a million naira in a business deal. All of a sudden he lost so much weight, so I attributed it to the depression that he passed through as a result of the loss.

After like 2weeks he recovered the money and since then I noticed that he became sick, he has being coughing for more than 3weeks now, he suffers fatigue, chills, severe chest pain and general body pains. We have gone for test and the result said it's pneumonia. He has taken Drugs but it's till like that. He till coughs and feels fatigue everytime.

The issue now is that am worried and my mind is telling me that he might have covid 19. Please am scared. What should I do at this point.
Let him go and screen for Tuberculosis (TB), I assured you he would be fine soonest after free treatment.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Mikkyjay17(m): 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kaybae:
This is so rampant now, it was only God that save me two months ago because of this sugar level, I collapsed patapata, infact it's been so hard adding weight since then. Please check the blood sugar level has been advised, May God heal everyone of us.

Are you fine?
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by ismodiwa(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
Please go check TB and COVID-19 status ASAP
God grant him good health.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by erico2k2(m): 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pregift:
My husband has been sick for a month now. The problem started when he lost almost a million naira in a business deal. All of a sudden he lost so much weight, so I attributed it to the depression that he passed through as a result of the loss.

After like 2weeks he recovered the money and since then I noticed that he became sick, he has being coughing for more than 3weeks now, he suffers fatigue, chills, severe chest pain and general body pains. We have gone for test and the result said it's pneumonia. He has taken Drugs but it's till like that. He till coughs and feels fatigue everytime.

The issue now is that am worried and my mind is telling me that he might have covid 19. Please am scared. What should I do at this point.
Do covid test
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Coolgent(m): 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
oliverwrites:
Such a good wife. I lost 8m naira about 4 months back had to sell a website of mine to meet up with my family's financial needs. I was also sick with a bp of 60/70 which is alarming for someone with high BP issues.

Make sure you do the right medical checks, and support your husband as much as possible. Men are really trying you women may not agree but we are. Many of us do things they ordinarily won't do just to see you smile, they need things for themselves but look for excuses not to buy those stuff cos they consider you and the kids first.

Please appreciate your man and support him and I know you do hence this post but don't stop.
Sorry about your loss may almighty Allah/God replenish it.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by ItsmeF: 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pregift:

My sister first aid for covid 19 as follows:
-Steam him well
-Give him Azithromycin
-vitamin c 1000mg daily
-anti malarial
-zinc tab
-Drink plenty fluid
-black seed oil

That's what they give for covid. My hubby was ill sometime ago and coughing. After malaria and typhoid treatment, he still had fatigue and other symptoms of covid. He couldn't accept the possibility of being covid, so I just bought him the drugs and by the time he took the first dose, he felt much better. That's how we dealt with it without doing the test. I steamed him well. Men sometimes are stubborn, just use wisdom.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Komo4dmoney: 12:42am On Dec 05, 2021
Summon courage, go and do tuberculosis and HIV test.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by calcal: 12:58am On Dec 05, 2021
That's a big money for covid test.

But need to do the test anyway, for now only him.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by BurntDodo: 6:28am On Dec 05, 2021
kaywon:

Thanks for this excellent observation.

It's actually diabetes - maybe a new form of it but certainly indicative of high blood sugar levels.

She should quickly go check his blood sugar. My wife would have died last year if not for God. She first came down with malaria and typhoid. After treatment, symptoms like incessant cough, extreme fatigue, blurry eyesight, pains on her joints, etc, persisted. She lost so much weight and her voice was sounding so faint like she's speaking to you from afar.

On 4 different occasions that we visited hospitals, none could pinpoint what her illness was. Some doctors said it was drug reaction and promised it would fade out with time with no further treatment.

The night before it was finally detected, my wife vomited (about 5 times) and pooped severally all through, and was so helplessly drying out right before my eyes. It was a nightmare I can't wish on my worst enemy.

Thankfully, God stepped in. On trying one of those hospitals again that morning, one doctor Nnamdi figured it out right away. My wife's blood sugar reading was over 600 mg/dL - a very critical level that humans can hardly survive. She was admitted and revived with drips.

She's fine and well today, but minding her diet. It was after 3 months we saw a woman with 3 kids whose husband was said to have died of the same thing. They didn't identify it on time as is usually the case.

Please have his sugar level checked soon as possible. May God heal your husband in Jesus' Name. Amen

Please what hospital is that? Or do you have Dr Nnamdi's direct contact?
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2021
Kelechi009:

I don't have affiliation with these people, COVID test is expensive yes, but that's the price all over Nigeria. If you don't have the money you can just treat it as malaria but once you start seeing severe symptoms, It is better to go for the test. 50k is not worth your life.

In the UK it is also expensive as well, It is around 58 Pounds for 2 Test kits from private companies, day 2 and day 8, I paid for my brother last week when he traveled. He was suppose to Test while in quarantine for 10 days.

50k for something I can easily test for free undecided
Just get me the kits...
We have another way of testing it here in Akwa ibom using RDT test kits sad

Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Pregift(f): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
ItsmeF:

My sister first aid for covid 19 as follows:
-Steam him well
-Give him Azithromycin
-vitamin c 1000mg daily
-anti malarial
-zinc tab
-Drink plenty fluid
-black seed oil

That's what they give for covid. My hubby was ill sometime ago and coughing. After malaria and typhoid treatment, he still had fatigue and other symptoms of covid. He couldn't accept the possibility of being covid, so I just bought him the drugs and by the time he took the first dose, he felt much better. That's how we dealt with it without doing the test. I steamed him well. Men sometimes are stubborn, just use wisdom.
Thanks ma. I will do just that.
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by MorningStar233: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
Pregift:
Thanks ma. I will do just that.

Check his HIV status
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Originalsly: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ref ItsmeF
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Lokojatoofar:
Do HIV test
I find your profile name so amusing.... what is the motivation?
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by samtol4(m): 5:19am On Dec 06, 2021
MummyD2020:

Nigeria na country before? Even the omicron that has not yet been found in far better countries, Nigeria claimed it is here just to get the incentives. Cursed leaders
hahaha
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Lokojatoofar: 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
BKsoul2:
I find your profile name so amusing.... what is the motivation?

I would love to visit Lokoja but the distance from me is too far cool grin
Re: Health Challenges In My Marriage: I Am Worried by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

I would love to visit Lokoja but the distance from me is too far cool grin
Ok...... Now i get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Making Of Poisonous Fufu / 6 Natural Alternatives To Deodorant / COVID-19 Update For December 17 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.