Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday (9271 Views)

Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by NarcissistKing(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
ShyBabe:

Shut up jor.

Public defender. grin
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by martooski(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
The kingship of Jesus is completely different than that of the world: He did not come to dominate but to serve. He did not come amid signs of power, but with the power of signs. He is not like other kings, but he is King for the others. #ChristTheKing

Pope Francis

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Lorddominic(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
babaolofin:

I observed a mixup in what you wrote. Catholic Priest should please explain to us. The Feast of Jesus Christ as the Universal King is not the same as Feast of Corpus Christi. In the Feast of Jesus Christ as the Universal King , there is a procession with Priest carrying the Blessed Most Holy Sacrament , I think Corpus Christi is a Feast to celebrate the Holy Communion as a real Flesh and Blood of Christ. There was a story of a Priest who forgot the remaining Bread and Wine after a Mass , but coming back for another mass, it has become real flesh and blood. Corpus Christi - Body of Christ. I think this should be another Feast. Catholic should help me.

You're not wrong with your statement. Actually, the feast of Corpus Christi falls between March and April which coincides with the rainy season in this part of the world. As a result of that, the Catholic authority in Nigeria decided to push the celebration/procession for Corpus Christi to the Feast of Christ the King which always falls on the last week of November (dry season)

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by sammytovic(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Majesty33:
I enjoyed today's mass at my local parish. Glory to Jesus!
I enjoyed it while watching it on AIT. Though I'm not a Catholic.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Majesty33(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
sammytovic:
I enjoyed it while watching it on AIT. Though I'm not a Catholic.
yeah it's worth it.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lorddominic:

You're not wrong with your statement. Actually, the feast of Corpus Christi falls between March and April which coincides with the rainy season in this part of the world. As a result of that, the Catholic authority in Nigeria decided to push the celebration/procession for Corpus Christi to the Feast of Christ the King which always falls on the last week of November (dry season)

Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by zang: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Haakeem:
Fvck jesus the fake prophet.

You don't need to do this
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by labelle123(f): 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
EZE KACHASI EZE

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by lashout1: 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
babaolofin:

I observed a mixup in what you wrote. Catholic Priest should please explain to us. The Feast of Jesus Christ as the Universal King is not the same as Feast of Corpus Christi. In the Feast of Jesus Christ as the Universal King , there is a procession with Priest carrying the Blessed Most Holy Sacrament , I think Corpus Christi is a Feast to celebrate the Holy Communion as a real Flesh and Blood of Christ. There was a story of a Priest who forgot the remaining Bread and Wine after a Mass , but coming back for another mass, it has become real flesh and blood. Corpus Christi - Body of Christ. I think this should be another Feast. Catholic should help me.

2fingerz:
Nice one. Just an observation. While Corpus Christi is celebrated in June, Christ the King is celebrated in November.
They are two different feasts.
However, in Nigeria, the procession for Corpus Christi is postponed to later in year to avoid the raining season in June.

This will help
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Lorddominic(m): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
babaolofin:

Thanks sir.

You're welcome
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Chibuezem(m): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Whatever brah....

[img]https://c./gMNC6hwTe3AAAAAd/kunta-kinte.gif[/img]
wow I never knew you love big necklace
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Chibuezem(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2021
Haakeem:
idiot haakeem
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2021
Chibuezem:
idiot haakeem
Dick head Chibuezem ....slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
zang:

You don't need to do this
okay bruh...

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by freeborn02: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Haakeem:
your jesus and our isa are different so shut up!

The Bible came 600 years before the Quran.

So, Quran must contain wrong information then
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
freeborn02:

The Bible came 600 years before the Quran.

Do, your Quran must contain fake information then
You mean the bible is full of contradictions right? you are correct no doubts.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Irishrena1(f): 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Christ is King forever!!!

Proudly Catholic
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by 1F30M4(f): 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lorddominic:

Thank you for clarifying it, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by freeborn02: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Haakeem:
You mean the bible is full of contradictions right? you are correct no doubts.

Actually, your Quran is a direct copy of the Bible, but you added your own fables to make your Quran look different.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2021
freeborn02:

Actually, your Quran is a direct copy of the Bible, but you added your own fables to make your Quran look different.
I can see u are a pro in lieing and corrupting,its ur type that made such contradictions in the bible...continue decieveng your self.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by KnownUnknown: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2021
Thoroughly enslaved people. I would love to see a pope that isn’t melanin deficient and we will see the simple minded depravity of the whites as they leave the Catholic Church. The event would be known as the Second Great Schism. grin
It would be akin to the right wing savages in America who haven’t gotten over Barack Obama’s presidency. Meanwhile, these…….genii…….are posting the painting of a white boy and calling it god. Thoroughly enslaved people.

https://doctrineofdiscovery.org/dum-diversas/

Pope Nicholas V issued the papal bull Dum Diversas on 18 June, 1452. It authorised Alfonso V of Portugal to reduce any “Saracens (Muslims) and pagans and any other unbelievers” to perpetual slavery. This facilitated the Portuguese slave trade from West Africa. The same pope wrote the bull Romanus Pontifex on January 5, 1455 to the same Alfonso. As a follow-up to the Dum diversas, it extended to the Catholic nations of Europe dominion over discovered lands during the Age of Discovery. Along with sanctifying the seizure of non-Christian lands, it encouraged the enslavement of native, non-Christian peoples in Africa and the New World.

“We weighing all and singular the premises with due meditation, and noting that since we had formerly by other letters of ours granted among other things free and ample faculty to the aforesaid King Alfonso – to invade, search out, capture, vanquish, and subdue all Saracens and pagans whatsoever, and other enemies of Christ wheresoever placed, and the kingdoms, dukedoms, principalities, dominions, possessions, and all movable and immovable goods whatsoever held and possessed by them and to reduce their persons to perpetual slavery, and to apply and appropriate to himself and his successors the kingdoms, dukedoms, counties, principalities, dominions, possessions, and goods, and to convert them to his and their use and profit – by having secured the said faculty, the said King Alfonso, or, by his authority, the aforesaid infante, justly and lawfully has acquired and possessed, and doth possess, these islands, lands, harbors, and seas, and they do of right belong and pertain to the said King Alfonso and his successors”.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
NarcissistKing:

Public defender. grin
Private defender
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Stanfeelings: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
Haakeem:
thvnder fire u and all about u my dear
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
Stanfeelings:

thvnder fire u and all about u my dear
And you too my boy...amen its a blessing.

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by freeborn02: 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
Haakeem:
I can see u are a pro in lieing and corrupting,its ur type that made such contradictions in the bible...continue decieveng your self.

In my opinion, I think Mohammed lied to Muslims. He didn't get the Quran from an angel. He went to Jerusalem and copied the Bible.

You were deceived.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
freeborn02:

Mohammed lied to you people. He didn't get the Quran from an angel. He went to Jerusalem and copied the Bible.

You were deceived, boy
pls disturb me no more,because i got to help my younger brother who is depressed at the moment cause of his waec result....going offline, i would reply you later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2012 Warning - Message From The Blessed Mother(CATHOLICS PLS READ) / Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God / What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.