Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) (32481 Views)

SARS Official, Charles Omotosho Sacked Over N5,000 Extortion (Photos) / Conductor Strips Unclad To Fight A Passenger Over N50 In Edo State. / Police Dismiss 4 Officers Over N200k Extortion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Finewarriboy: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
Oga Pablo...

If we say End Police Now, na be say we dey score own goal...

So wetin be the solution... Even if Dem increase their salary, Dem go still misbehave. Na to commit ur lyf to God and pray to japa anytime soon
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by pussymonger1: 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
BLACKS ON BLACKS . WE ARE CURSED sad

1 Like

Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Fbisshit: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
Which one be umuekwensu again

Police is never your friend especially in the Nigerian police
Rest on hero cry
Can we see the said police man that killed him maybe umuekwensu has something to tell him..
What extortion will cause in this country ehh
if not for the God I serve, I'll recommend jungle justice against any policeman that kills any youth enough is enough habaa
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Bigchristo: 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
yinkus6750:
Thought all this would have stopped with the endsars protest.
But we still have killings of innocent souls.
See a prime youth, cut off just like that.
No serious reform has taken place within the force.
I hope the perpetrators have been arrested and would face prosecution.
If you think it will stop then you don’t know Nigeria, they only stop for sometime so that dust can be calm then resume again, I heard police randomly arresting people In my street in Benin yesterday they went to a house and pack all the occupants then stage road road block to pick any young people passing by lots of this are happening daily
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Andyfelix(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wtf man!!
Police again��
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by countryman13: 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
RIP bro!
D police(yahaya) dt caused ur untimely death will not reap d fruit of his labor too IJN, amen.
He ceased to know peace for d rest of his life IJN ,amen.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by highchief1: 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Sigggy:
Abia Poly Graduate Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos)

A Graduate of Abia State Polytechnic, Abia State named Ugochukwu Chinyere has reportedly been killed by Police officers attached to the Aba Area Command of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) over their failure to receive N50 bribe from a motorcyclist, Siggy reports.

Ugochukwu, an indigene of Umuekwensu community in Ohuru Isimiri, Obingnwa local government area of the state is an orphan who was sponsored by his poor extended family to go to the polytechnic and become successful in life.

Ugochukwu was allegedly shot by one Yahaya led team of police officers who were at a checkpoint in front of popular Metrological complex on Obikabia-Umukalika road in Obingwa LGA.

The motorcyclist whose name was yet-to-be ascertained was shot on the leg by one of the police officers attached to the Azuka police station in Aba North LGA and is currently receiving treatment at the hospital.

Mr. Christopher Nduagu, an eyewitness to the Ohuru Isimiri shooting, while narrating the incident said, “Ugochukwu Chinyere was a passenger in a motorcycle going to Obikabia junction.

“One of the policemen at Umukalika police checkpoint stopped them to demand their usual N50, but the bike man told him that he doesn’t have the money. They had a heated argument, leading to intervention by late Chinyere.

“The police officer, who had warned Chinyere not to come close to him, fired him. He was rushed to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead".

Another eyewitness who gave his name to Siggy as Linus Alanna, narrating the Azuka Police Station shooting said that they were going to the hospital off Ikot Ekpene Expressway to visit their brother who was shot by the Ohuru Isimiri Police team when a police officer serving in the Azuka Police Station fired and injured the knee of their kinsman.

“We were going to Dominion Hospital where the injured person was receiving medical attention when police officers and the Divisional Police Officers (DPO) from the Azuka police station accosted us.”

Investigation by our correspondent has it that the second victim is receiving treatment at a private orthopedic hospital along Okigwe road in Aba North LGA.

When our correspondent visited the scene of Obikabia-Umukalika incident in Obingwa LGA, there was no presence of any police team at their usual spot in front of the Aba Metrological complex, Umukalika.
Advertisement

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna didn’t take his calls when contacted.

Ogbonna is yet to reply text message sent to his mobile phone number by our correspondent at the time of filing the report.

A police source, who condemned the shooting of the innocent citizens, however claimed that the Azuka incident happened after the police got intelligence that the youths were coming to attack the Azuka Police Station.

https:///abia-poly-graduate-shot-dead-by-police-over-n50-extortion-photos/
police man when hold gun u must mind how u talk to them.,as rugged as I am I answer dem sir sir once I have encounter with them.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Karemarealty288(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ugochukwu, an indigene of Umuekwensu community in Ohuru Isimiri, Obingnwa local government area.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by TinubuGoQuench(f): 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
This is the kinda policeman that gives the force a bad name.
Abia State government should deal with him before the NPF takes over.

Both of you should keep shut if you have nothing sensible to say on this very sad news.
Stop bringing your tribalistic lifestyle on every news on Nairaland.
That is why your wicked politicians will keep using your heads against one another.
If you see a crime, condemn it outrightly and stop looking at the tribes.
I guess both of you have never heard any yoruba police man killed someone before or James Nwafor that killed over 100 Anambra youths is from the north also?
Shameless tribalistic people.
No be una fault sha, na Nairaland dey allow una.
Annoying tins.

SHUT UP!!!

Unknown gun men will deal ruthlessly with the zoo police as usual
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
Fictitious name. Fictitious body.

I sure say all the extra judicial killings by police would have exceeded the one at lekki.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Chyma231(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
So now the lie they told was that some people were coming to attack the police station , them just waste this guy like that .

Dear mighty , I pray u fight and revenge and kill the officer who did this to you . Rest on bro

#fucknigerianpolice#fuckbuhari#fucksars#
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by pregnantMan: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
Have been seriously thinking how I'm going to resume a new job tomorrow cos I don't have tp. Pls someone should help me. Am really broke 0076605179 union bank
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Hollyharjii: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
The best thing is not to drag issue with the devilish officer in black wares called themselves Police officer and give them their #50 for nemesis will surely caught up on their family one day.

Police officer ain't your friend, it's better to know that the earlier the better

RIP
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by pregnantMan: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Have been seriously thinking how I'm going to resume a new job tomorrow cos I don't have tp. Pls someone should help me. Am really broke 0076605179 union bank
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
50% of Nigerians Police have mental challenge
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Siggy and bad news are like beans and yam
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by IbileIfe: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
yinkus6750:
SARS was not disbanded.
What is SARS?
The police officers in SARS have been committing the same crimes they committed that caused the EndSARs protests.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Sttk: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jesus
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Benwallt(m): 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
yinkus6750:
They way most of you talk is baffling. A country is not working n you talks about reform as if it is a good thing down here. If a reform is conducted week in week out in any organisation in this country it still won't yield any result. Whether you give bribe or not these ppl will still kill. Thank thank God that you made through today n pray for grace against tomorrow. May God comforts his family.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by obyrich(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
Kill him NOW.
Kill who?
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
"...A police source, who condemned the shooting of the innocent citizens, however claimed that the Azuka incident happened after the police got intelligence that the youths were coming to attack the Azuka Police Station."

Dem don already change narrative...

Will it kill the police to accept their wrongdoing and publicly persecute the offending officer??!... This is exactly how you forestall incidents like ENDSARS and UGM killings! A stitch in time will always save nine.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by Miller232: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
Policemen are animals in Human skin majority of them no dey die well dem dey always die like chicken wey get flu
Imagine this life cut short cos of 50naira as if you no dey collect ur salary
May God's wrath visit the people who murdered this guy
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
Which one is Umuekwensu community? Umuekwensu community means Children of the devil community.
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by GoldenSpec: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
Just bcuz of #50 oo
Chaiii omo dz kind of story just dey make my blood hot undecided undecided.. That particular policeman no go end well by God grace. Eleribu deydey!
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by JBoss25(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
yinkus6750:
You better open your eyes, these police officers will never change
Re: Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos) by sukar886: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
God will punish anyone that said police is our friend, people that are meant to protect us are the one killing us, just becos of 50naira.... Rest in peace to the dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnapped lebanese worker found dead in Kano / 36-Year-Old Woman Rapes 4-Year-Old Boy, Gets Arrested / Thief With Charms Tied Around His Waist Set Ablaze For Snatching Bag (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.