Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver (37464 Views)

Bank Work Or Bolt Driver? / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by eghuan1(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
Samiah33:

Why because I have a Toyota Corolla and want to start?

First of all, don't be deceived by the money these drivers say they earn. It's not an everyday thing.

Secondly, you will have to be looking over your shoulder for police, touts, traffic robbers, kidnappers, VIO, stupid olosho riders that think you owe them something, bad drivers, LASTMA and many others things. Oh I forgot mechanics too.

Then the biggest of them all, how to protect your Corolla brain box and other parts.

Truth is that with your restaurant, you only get to worry about local govt people and people wey go chop and not eat which is not an everyday occurrence.

But if you're not in Lagos, for example where I am now, Benin City, I will advise you go for the Bolt/Uber stuff. Why because the business is not saturated like in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by tunjidachosen(m): 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
clothingonline:
I need someone I can give Nissan for bolt or Uber you pay 50k weekly

You maintain the car

Unrealistic target, that's about 200k a month, so the driver go just dey give you all the money he make? How hard do you want him to work? 24 hours? Because na only you need money.. That's why you will also get an insincere person

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
YoungRay007:
Please nairalanders, advise me on this issue, I am thinking of a business to do but am confuse, I was thinking of opening a restaurant in a good location but my very good friend who is a bolt driver is advising me to buy a used Toyota car and register it under bolt and start driving.

I know every business has risks and reward, please what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a Uber or bolt driver, and is it that lucrative, please reply
If you must do Uber, do so with a manual transmission. Most people can't drive manual Transmission.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Poleski: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
The chances of either being kidnapped or killed while doing Bolt/Uber business is very high.

If you look big and strong, it may guarantee your safety a little bit because the would-be kidnapper or car snatcher will think twice before messing with you.

Arm yourself in some way. A good pepper spray will halt an attacker and give you enough time to escape. And if you don't feel good about a customer don't carry them or if the person is already in the car, dump them at the nearest public location than a secluded one. Better to have a negative review than dying.

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by DaCharis2016: 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good luck to you on whichever u choose sha
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by armstrongadeola: 12:17am On Nov 22, 2021
YoungRay007:
Please nairalanders, advise me on this issue, I am thinking of a business to do but am confuse, I was thinking of opening a restaurant in a good location but my very good friend who is a bolt driver is advising me to buy a used Toyota car and register it under bolt and start driving.

I know every business has risks and reward, please what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a Uber or bolt driver, and is it that lucrative, please reply

My brother .I will advise to go for the restaurant.i am an accountant of 14 years in restaurants.i don't need to talk much .

You should understand

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Yaks02(m): 2:16am On Nov 22, 2021
revived:
E go be

If your cl fit open crypto dot com dm me on telegram make we share Christmas money asap

yaksdeshi@gmail.com
That's my email, send me your number bro let's make money together abeg
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by revived: 2:25am On Nov 22, 2021
Yaks02:

yaksdeshi@gmail.com
That's my email, send me your number bro let's make money together abeg

Oga check my siggy I don't do mails
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Abudu2000(m): 4:25am On Nov 22, 2021
TimeTraveller:
An underrated pro: You will shag ladies for free.
I am not even joking.
Some girls will ask you if they can pay with sex.
Others will just tell you plainly that they are Hot.
No cap, I mean it.

Please, note, I mean consensual shagging o!
my cloth plug told me he had to stop selling ladies wears coz of this, alot of girls can offer sex in exchange for a bra grin grin and these same girls that boiz are kneeling down to propose to.

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Hassanmaye(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Emmypure:
First advantage is that u will always Bleep broke girl that don't have transport fares.
And the disadvantage is lastma and police wahala.
Hahahhahahaha are you sure cheesy
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Jac007(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Olayetan:

Red flag zone....

We are expecting something hooooge in ikotun.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Tugee: 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
YoungRay007:

This is an interesting topic for me, I got a new car for my wife & I'm considering giving out the old toyota corolla 2009 model on hire purchase to a friend for N2.1Mn (Mind you the car is very clean and I already have a buy offer for N2.3Mn)

I'm expecting a weekly return of 40k/week and the potential driver (who is currently without a job) claims he can meet up, any Bolt/Uber driver to advice if I should help him or should I just sell off the car to a potential buyer, location is in Port-Harcourt.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by kingtopman: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2021
What kind of Nissan and hope its high purchase. if yes am interested.
08181686188 kindly contact me i will appreciate
clothingonline:
I need someone I can give Nissan for bolt or Uber you pay 50k weekly

You maintain the car
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Yaks02(m): 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
revived:

Oga check my siggy I don't do mails

Oya now
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by aariwa(m): 12:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Threads like this help the youths in getting gainfully employed through knowledge

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Yaks02(m): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2021
revived:
E go be

If your cl fit open crypto dot com dm me on telegram make we share Christmas money asap

Abeg paste link to your telegram please
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by revived: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Yaks02:

Abeg paste link to your telegram please

@revivedn
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by XiaoLi: 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Something is wrong with you, that is why

I never drive any type of taxi in my life but anytime they talk about uber or bolt driving that nuisance called lazzyyut will reference me, you see nothing wrong with that right?? Get ready to call Seun more because anytime that nuisance reference me i will come with more heavy words. Nonsense

Labadi69
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Labadi69: 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
XiaoLi:
Something is wrong with you, that is why

I never drive any type of taxi in my life but anytime they talk about uber or bolt driving that nuisance called lazzyyut will reference me, you see nothing wrong with that right?? Get ready to call Seun more because anytime that nuisance reference me i will come with more heavy words. Nonsense

Labadi69

You are very rude. What’s wrong with Uber driving? Are you better than the guys doing Uber? Better give yourself sense at your old age before yamayama nack that your bald head angry
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by kay29000(m): 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jh0wsef:
Pros
You get tips from people if you're nice / good looking.

Cons
- police fit stop you check wetin no exist
- drunk people fit enter your car from club dey constitute nuisance, dem fit even fvck for backseat laslas gringrin
- person fit point gun for your head carry your motor go sell for owode
- person fit connect to your Bluetooth dey play naira marley
- babe go frustrate your destiny enter your car without money dey expect transfer from guy when trip end, that frustration fit run you mad pass colo grin
- if you're good looking, woman fit assault you sexually. Gay men fit rub your chest when you dey run 100km/hr
- God go come catch you. your rider go get 80% discount off. You go travel 20 miles, trip go be N700 grin grin grin

LMAO! grin
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by BirtherOfKings(f): 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
We are hiring
for an Executive Driver, the candidate should not be older than 45 years, should have driven MD/ CEO's, should reside around Ikeja and its environs. Kindly send CV to careers@worknigeria.com or send watsapp msg to 0916-997-6258

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Cake A Nairalander Made (photos) / Meet Babatunde Fashola, A Nigerian Software Engineer That Works At Twitter HQ / Dapper Man Selling Fruits In Traffic In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.