Stats: 3,151,135 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill (11454 Views)

Last-Minute Move To Avert Strike Fails, Labour Shuns FG Meeting / Mu’azu Jaji Sambo In Last-Minute Move To Renew Intels’ Expired Contract / Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet (2) (3) (4)

Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by KaluwisxPRO: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2021
All they’re saying is those who vote in direct primary will be attacked, or there’s no security to monitor the process.

They are yet to say the real disadvantage of direct primaries. Nigeria elections didn’t start getting violent today. Primary elections are always chaotic. if INEC can deploy BVAS for the general election, they can do same for primaries.

All parties do not do their primaries same time, so INEC has the manpower.

APC should shut up about how much it will cost, because we waste money on much less useless things.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by SultanYoung: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

I just showed my little daughter as I was dropping her off at school this post and she laughed out so loud, saying "Please tell that uncle that the plural of thief is thieves now and not thief's!!!"

So please uncle Elvix, edit your thief's to thieves o,
Na beg I dey beg u.

God bless Nigeria ooo

Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by eobianke(m): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2021
APC Governor's like they really have a say in the party. Maybe they are just envious of how their colleagues in PDP are in charge of party structure.
Unfortunately once Buhari and Tinubu agrees the Governors can go and hang themselves.

I pity them though
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by chloride6: 8:08am On Nov 22, 2021
How can they stop a bill?

Seems they have forgotten their position sha...
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by chloride6: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2021
God let this bill pass ..

I will join both APC and PDP and vote for the weaker candidate in APC, so that he can win and get thrashed by PDP..
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by anytexy: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2021
Cross carpeting should be abolished. If we want to move forward in this country.

At least, spend 2years as a new member before contesting for any post in a party.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Vistra40: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2021
eobianke:
APC Governor's like they really have a say in the party. Maybe they are just envious of how their colleagues in PDP are in charge of party structure.
Unfortunately once Buhari and Tinubu agrees the Governors can go and hang themselves.

I pity them though

You have forgotten the AGF is also waiting by the sides? You think he can’t convince buhari not to sign it?
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by snoopz: 8:38am On Nov 22, 2021
Let them use direct, by doing that no godfather or serving governor or member of the national assembly will impose a candidate,
The people will vote this time around for whoever they seem fit in the party whether rich or not...
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by muheeb01(m): 8:39am On Nov 22, 2021
Rogues in agbada,suits and baba n riga....

Check my signature and my profile for my work
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by nzeobi(m): 8:43am On Nov 22, 2021
Elvixbeatz:
This bunch of thief's know very well dt wit direct primaries.. it won't b business as usual.... Hahahahahahhaa.. now d power will truly belong to the ppl .. let me see how one mugu will buy cars for delegates and tell the masses if u like vote for me if u like don't vote for me .. I will still win again!!!!..

The youth and every meaningful Nigerian.. should support dis move.... Becos with dis bill.. youths can populate d different political parties and make d required changes long overdue

Can you conduct direct primary in all the wards in imo, zamfara and kaduna States.
What makes you think that the people who buy delegates and buy votes during elections can't buy their way.
What will happen in cases of manipulations, can Inec reject the outcome. As people that participated in the APC primaries in anambra, imo, osun and they will tell you how far.
Does any party in Nigeria have good voters register.
Allow parties choose their candidates as they wish if they make the wrong choice the electorates will reject them
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by legallyminded: 8:50am On Nov 22, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

I just showed my little daughter as I was dropping her off at school this post and she laughed out so loud, saying "Please tell that uncle that the plural of thief is thieves and not thief's!, grin grin
And these are the same uncles calling our president an illiterate!!!"

Na beg I dey beg u.

God bless Nigeria ooo

Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Akerele44(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2021
Direct primary can only be peaceful if only excos members voted...bt if card carrying members also partaked in the primaries it's always leads to fight nd cancellation of the primaries
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by udemzyudex(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2021
Bunch of confuse souls.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Bimpe29: 9:08am On Nov 22, 2021
APC Governors must park well and allow the spirit of separation of powers thrive.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Plusk4u: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2021
You can see only criminal politicians that didn't want grasssroot to fully involved in Nigeria politice are against Direct primary .
Rememeber that Democratic is for the people by the people and for the peoples.
Direct primary is the best option.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2021
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Tobloc(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2021
A lot of the agitators want to reap where they have not sown.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by BluntCrazeMan: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2021
bolaayenimo:

“...Why do we have open se­cret ballot system, whereby voters queue openly on election day but vote secretly? Is not to protect the voters’ identity so that nobody knows who you voted for? Why then do you want to put people’s lives at risk by asking them to come and queue behind aspirants openly? It is too primitive for me...”.
https://independent.ng/direct-primaries-apc-govs-in-last-minute-move-to-stop-electoral-bill-assent/

This one didn't even understand what “Direct Primaries” Mean..
And he is trying to counter it.
He is countering something that he doesn't even understand.

Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by NiceMen: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2021
Racoon:
Wicked souls.See what they are vehemently fighting-because it will affect them.Instead of fighting for a better electoral reforms that will also stop political cross carpeting, ensure independence of INEC etc they are after their egocentric desires.
I have a feeling that Buhari will assent to that Bill. If he does it, it will confirm what I have been suspecting about that man since Edo election and now Anambra election lol.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Elvixbeatz(m): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2021
No vex oga I don correct am joor.. also na God go really bless dt ur pikin jare
ILoveDemMANNA:

I just showed my little daughter as I was dropping her off at school this post and she laughed out so loud, saying "Please tell that uncle that the plural of thief is thieves and not thief's!, grin grin
And these are the same uncles calling our president an illiterate!!!"

Na beg I dey beg u.

God bless Nigeria ooo
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Popesuccess(m): 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
Lawlab251:
Direct primaries no doubt, is a step in the right direction. It is good for our democracy. These ones are only kicking because it would jeopardize their chances of influencing who emerges. Mr. President should pay no heed to them. 091277 24742 Whatsapp/call/text for CAC company registration, Business Name, Club registration, NGO, Church registration. EFCC SCUML Cert etc
They call themselves progressive governors but fight against anything progressive
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by lincs25(m): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
If you work as an elected official, you have no panic for direct primaries. Your good work will campaign for you.
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by Paypallord12: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
Anyone they like
Re: Direct Primaries: APC Governors In Last Minute Move To Stop Electoral Bill by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2021
Realtalk20:
Criminals

Tinubu doesn't want direct primaries grin

Arsehole knows most people would prefer Osibanjo to be president than him the geriatric cocaine lover

Wishing you quick recovery sir.

Boko Haram Abducts Mobile Police Officers In Borno / Ignore Alleged N407.3bn Debt, Osun Assembly Tells Investors / Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage