Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ (544 Views)

Man Cuts Off His Joystick In Kebbi State / Man In Kwara Cuts Off His Penis Because 3 Women In His Dream Told Him To / Frustrated Man Cuts Off Manhood With Razor Blade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ by HighChief4(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
A middle-aged man, Mr. Jamiu Sikiru, who attempted to commit suicide by cutting off his penis with a razor blade at Ijebu-Ode in Ogun State, has regained consciousness.

Sikiru, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria on his sick bed at the Ogun State Hospital, Ijebu-Ode on Tuesday, said frustration made him to carry out the act, explaining that he made several attempts to kill himself, “due to frustration and depression.’’

Sikiru had on June 3, at the popular Oyingbo Street in the commercial area of the town, cut off his penis with a razor blade in broad daylight. He was later rushed to hospital in a pool of his own blood by sympathisers.

He said, “On my way from Lagos sometime ago, I picked a car borris from the road side in order to use it to poison myself due to frustration, but a friend, who later saw the object, told me that it was not borris that I was holding but rather a bullet.

“It was then I decided to do away with it because I was afraid that I could be arrested if the police found out that I was keeping a bullet.

“On a Friday after the incident happened, while I was returning from where I went to dispose of the bullet, I saw a police vehicle coming in my direction.

“And I thought it was me they were coming to arrest because of the bullet I went to dispose of. Immediately I saw the police, I decided to commit suicide by cutting my male organ with blade because I didn’t want to be arrested.

“That was the last thing I remembered before I woke up in the hospital. What I need now, is prayers for forgiveness for attempting to kill myself.’’

When asked about his family, Sikiru, who said he lost his parents a few years back, gave his sister’s address.

When the address he gave was visited, the supposed sister ran away immediately she got wind of what NAN correspondent came to find out.

The Chief Medical Director of the hospital where Sikiru was admitted, Dr. Wellington Ogunsanya, however, said Sikiru would be referred to a psychiatric hospital when he fully regained his strength.

Ogunsanya explained that Sikiru was responding to treatment and that he showed signs of depression.

The doctor said, “I will say he is stable physically but mentally I don’t think he is stable yet. He shows symptoms of depression.

“We are hoping that by the time his wound is healed, we will discharge him to his family and advise them to seek psychiatric evaluation.

“Although we are managing his depression by giving him anti-depressant, he still needs an expert evaluation.”

The CMD, however, said none of Sikiru’s relations had come to visit him.

According to Ogunsanya, it was members of staff of the hospital who are soliciting assistance for Sikiru to buy drugs and food.
Re: Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ by Natasha2(f): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ by Natasha2(f): 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2011
huh I made a comment without reading everything shocked I feel sorry for him actually depression is a disease
Re: Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ by HighChief4(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
I dont think that man is mentally stable
Re: Frustrated Man Cuts Off Organ by OAM4J: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
Thread exist already on NL:  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-683372.0.html

Besides its not a political news.

locked and moved!

(1)

Lose Weight While You Earn An Income From Home / Post Any Weight Loss Tip You / Expert Blames Increasing Drug Abuse On Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.